Germany to Host the UEFA Euro 2024

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FIFA being corrupt jerks isn’t new though. The question is why so many associations keep putting up with it.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Baku who Flick Hates

has now scored 3 back to back matches and 5 goals in past 6 matches (scoring once every time).

BorisG, BVBFNM, AdiD and 1 other person repped this.
  3. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #628 rj123, Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Yeah, that I can agree with. A majority (or vocal minority) of players should not force others into a position they feel uncomfortable with.

However, some athletes do get involved with issues they feel strongly with, and if they want to use their sport as a platform for bringing attention to the issue, good for them.

The issue was not a minor issue, it was pretty significant, to call it culturally divisive is like it's a choice of paint colours.

FIFA made a huge mistake letting Qatar host the WC, but then for FIFA money talks and ethics and morality go out the window.

4. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    As we keep finding out - its a pretty corrupt industry in general

Alex C repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know a certain someone who would have a mental breakdown at anyone saying Havertz is NOT a CF. He really isn't and that's why I tend to put *X* around his name when talking CFs.

Alex C repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Jitty Slitter and Dage repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah called it issue with Gundo, Muller, Neuer, maybe even Reus is that lure for final tourney being Euro 2024 at home.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alex C repped this.
  10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Understandable in the case of Reus and Gündogan, as they've missed out on so much. Don't know if they'll make the cut next year.

Neuer and Müller on the other hand should most definitely call it quits.

Ger90 and Alex C repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Neuer and Muller according to reports aren't calling it quits,

so its Flick himself who has to axe them, the question becomes will he???

12. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Flick already said Neuer is the undisputed No. 1 between the goalposts, so the answer is no.

13. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    good

gundo was our best midfielder!

Germanyfan1993 repped this.
  14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #639 Dage, Jan 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    He said that before the injury of Neuer, didn't he?

15. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nope. He said it after, so basically Germany are fvcked for the forseeable future.

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well.. if Neuer does not start at Bayern, even Flick won't start him in the NT. Can't see that.

17. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Having fired Tapalovic, I don't see Neuer remaining first choice at Bayern. Like most major clubs they are pretty ruthless and will not keep selecting players who are past their best out of loyalty or sentiment.

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

MUSIALA: "WE WANT TO PROVE WHAT WE REALLY CAN"
    At just 19 years old and "only" 20 international matches under his belt, Jamal Musiala was voted national player of the year 2022 by a wide margin. In the DFB.de interview, the FC Bayern Munich attacking player talks about the award, the past World Cup year and upcoming tasks.

DFB.de: Jamal Musiala, national player of the year, even at the age of 19 and after 20 international matches. A title holder has never been younger. How does that sound to you?

Jamal Musiala: It's a huge honor for me. I'm really happy about this award, which I didn't expect. I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. But this title is also an incentive to keep working on myself, to get even better and hopefully to be successful again with the national team. That's my big goal.

DFB.de: Is this award any consolation after a tournament year in which the World Cup ended far too early?

Musiala: A personal award is nice. But I would have preferred to go through with the national team at the World Cup.

DFB.de: How would you rate the national team in 2022 overall? Not only did the World Cup take place at the end, the DFB team also played England twice, for example. These are always special games, also for you personally.

Musiala: I got a lot of playing time last year, even in big games. I have gained a lot of experience and learned a lot. It was good for my development. It was fun and I hope it continues like this. Of course, as a team we had very different expectations of this year, many higher demands, especially for our performance at the World Cup. That was disappointing. Because a World Cup is the greatest thing in football, and we've worked hard all year to achieve this goal. But we left way too early. That's why I can't give the international match year 2022 a good report.

DFB.de: Which of your eleven international matches in 2022 do you remember most fondly?
    Musiala: It has always been my dream to play at Wembley. So the second leg against England in the Nations League in September was a very special experience for me. The game was really exciting, the atmosphere great. It was a lot of fun, it was a great experience. And even though the 4-2 victory over Costa Rica in the last World Cup group game wasn't enough to get them through, this game was also a special one.

DFB.de: And which game would you rather forget about as soon as possible?
    Musiala: I try to learn and take positives from bad games and defeats. There isn't a game I don't want to play with anymore.

DFB.de: The first international matches of the new year are coming up in March. Are you particularly motivated after the World Cup to show everyone that you can do better as a team?

Musiala: I'm really looking forward to starting again in March. Because we all want to prove what we can really do, what quality we actually have in the team. As a team, we have to learn from the experiences of this World Cup and come out of it stronger. Such an experience can weld a team together.

DFB.de: There are no competitive games this year, as host Germany has already qualified for the 2024 European Championship. What are your goals for the 2023 international season? As a team and personally.

Musiala: We have to learn from every game and prepare as best we can for our goal of EURO 2024. That's why every single game we play until then and every single training session is extremely important. We will take every game very seriously and use it to grow together as a team.

DFB.de: You were three years old at the last major men’s tournament in Germany. You will have no more memories of the 2006 World Cup. How much are you looking forward to EURO 2024, a tournament on your own doorstep?

Musiala: Every footballer dreams of playing a tournament in their own country. EURO 2024 is a great opportunity for all of Germany to be proud of the national team again. We will give everything for that.

DFB.de: Did your fellow players or your family tell you how they experienced the World Cup back then?

Musiala: I didn't notice that much from the 2006 World Cup, but of course from the tournaments afterwards, how people went along with the national team and supported them. We will do everything we can to ensure that the atmosphere in the stadiums and cities in 2024 is unique again.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB TEAM MEETS PERU AND BELGIUM IN MARCH
    On the way to UEFA EURO 2024 in Germany, the German men's national team meets Peru and Belgium in their first international matches of the year. This was decided by the Supervisory Board and Shareholders' Meeting of DFB GmbH & Co. KG in their joint meeting this Friday on the DFB campus in Frankfurt. The team coached by national coach Hansi Flick will play against Peru on March 25 in the Arena in Mainz, against Belgium on March 28 in the RheinEnergieStadion in Cologne, one of the ten venues for the 2024 European Championship. announce March.

National coach Hansi Flick says: "The games against Peru and Belgium start our preparation for the European Championships at home. We are looking forward to this tournament with great anticipation and want to develop a team that will be attractive and successful for Germany with passion, enthusiasm and pride Football plays. For us it is now important to try a few things, and we will make courageous and surprising decisions. We are very much looking forward to the games - everyone is dying to finally get going again."

Perfect record against Peru, 20 wins against Belgium
    The German national team has played against Peru twice so far, winning both games - most recently in September 2018 in Sinsheim 2-1. The DFB team has met Belgium 25 times so far, 20 German victories are offset by a draw and four defeats. The most recent encounter was more than ten years ago, in October 2011 the German national team won 3-1 in the European Championship qualifier in Düsseldorf.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -Hofmann with a brace and now jumps to 9th goal of season
    -Fullkrug with a winning brace and now jumps to 13th of season and NOW HE'S LEADING 1BL SCORING CHART
    -Berisha scored in 3-1 L and his 5th of season and back to back.

Alex C repped this.
  23. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    But, but, but Flick said Germany have no CF.

Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    because he isn't a CF but a CB/LB, pay attention already.:rolleyes::p

I do hope Fullkrug wins 1BL top scorer this season. Its time for a German CF to win it again.

and yeah Fullkrug could make himself 1st choice CF for Euro 2024 too.

Alex C and BVBFNM repped this.
  25. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Instead of focusing on a ********ing disguise can he just focus on building a team that can actually defend and attack effectively as a unit.

Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.