Germany to Host the UEFA Euro 2024

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    even Ronaldo admits this
    Ronaldo met Lothar Matthäus in Doha and spoke about his famous goal against Germany in the 2002 final: "Kahn played an outstanding tournament without making a mistake. But we strikers should always be on the lookout for mistakes like that."

"That's why I started running when Rivaldo took his shot - and I was there in time when the ball rebounded. I couldn't know, I speculated. Germany were strong in that final. It could have turned out differently. When Neuville hit the post, it was still 0-0."

Ator repped this.
  3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RUDI VÖLLER RETURNS TO DFB
    Rudi Völler will be the new director of the men's senior national team on February 1st. With the decision for Völler, the German Football Association is following a recommendation from the task force convened by DFB President Bernd Neuendorf and DFB Vice President Hans-Joachim Watzke. In addition to Völler himself, this included Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Oliver Kahn, Matthias Sammer and Oliver Mintzlaff. The DFB committees have approved this proposal. For Völler it is another return to the DFB. He played 90 games for Germany from 1982 to 1994 and became world champion in Italy in 1990. From 2000 to 2004 he was head of the national team and reached the World Cup final with his team in 2002.

Rudi Völler: "After many great years at Bayer 04 Leverkusen, I'm returning to the place where I was able to experience wonderful times as team manager. That's why I'm approaching my new task with the national team with gratitude, passion and great motivation. First of all, we have to laying the foundations for a successful European Championship at home in 2024, supported by all of Germany. We have the players for this. We now want to form a close-knit community from these many top players, a strong-willed and likeable national team with the clear goal of the unrestricted support of the To win back fans. And above all, I want to give our national coach Hansi Flick and his coaching team tailwind."

"Perfect cast for the next 20 months"
    DFB President Bernd Neuendorf: "I would like to thank the members of the task force for their commitment and their good advice. In Rudi Völler, we have found the ideal person for the next 20 months. Rudi Völler is one of the greatest in German football. I am delighted I look forward to working together and look forward to Euro 2024 with optimism."

National coach Hansi Flick: "Rudi is a constant in German football. With his style and his successes, he has inspired the fans as a player, coach and manager. His experience with the national team and many years of work at Bayer Leverkusen make him the right person Cast for the upcoming tasks. My coaching team and I are looking forward to going to the European Championships at home next year."

DFB Vice-President Hans-Joachim Watzke: "I'm very happy that Rudi Völler is ready to take on this challenging task. Because of his CV, his outstanding successes and his personality profile, he is the ideal solution for the German Football Association."
    https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/rudi-voeller-kehrt-zum-dfb-zurueck-247789/

Alex C and Germanyfan1993 repped this.
  5. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    I love Rudi! i'm excited to see what happens and change.. can't do worse than we have in the past :D

Ger90 and Alex C repped this.
  6. Shwass5555

Shwass5555 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2022
    Hopefully the first thing he does is take away the special barber chair the DFB ordered for the players to get their hair styled before games.

Second put an end to players talking politics vaccines and virtue signalling. Just go back to focusing on football and only football, I don't care what Neuer Kimmich Musiala or anyone else believe in off the pitch....I just want to see our players talk about football and play like they actually belong to a 4 time world champion nation.

It's going to be nice to have a sporting director who is actually going to challenge the coach and not just cater to their every need.

I would also like to see a full medium to long term plan on what he is going to do to revamp our academies and youth systems. I know the complete focus at the moment is 2024 but they still need to have a plan beyond that.

Ger90, dips82, BVBFNM and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Soccer93

Soccer93 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 14, 2021
    What exactly does the director of the national team even do?

Ger90 and dips82 repped this.
  8. Shwass5555

Shwass5555 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2022

Same as a sporting director for a club minus the transfers.

So they sit between the coach and the dfb. In short he is Flick's direct boss. And you know if Völler the sporting director after 2018 or after the loss to Spain in the Nations league Löw wouldnt have survived. You really dont want the coach and the sporting directors to be good friends. You want to them to be able to work together but not cover for each other. They dont do the hiring and firing of coaches but their recommendation to the DFB is very important

He will be responsible for shaping the team's identity and philosophy, the coach can bring his team of assistants and call the players he wants but the sporting director has the right to fire any of them at any time if he believes they dont fit the culture he is trying to build or he thinks they are holding the team back.

He will be the first responsible for convincing the duel national players to play for Germany.

Organizing friendlies and trips for the national team.

in most cases our Uefa and Fifa representative

Duties like choosing hotels, transportations...etc in tournaments.

The academy role now is becoming a separate role so Völler wont have much to do with that.

So it is a quite big role in German football

Ger90, Alex C and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -on Havertz

-Fullkrug scored his 11th goal of season
    https://www.swoo.co/video/9fa12424-7484-4900-8f8f-8cc432e2755b

-Our CF Pool looks to be increasing with Tigges having a 10/10 showings. LMAO and some clown Dortmund fans really thought he's NOT 1BL material.

Werner, *Havertz*, Fullkrug, Ducksch, Berisha, Nmecha, Tigges, Adeyemi, Moukoko and then from current U21 you have likes of Burkardt, Ngankam, Schade, Dinkci, Broschinski who seem to be going for progress.

on top of them you have bunch of older options too but those guys seem very very unlikely.

yeah 98 age group is best CF age group of 90s born CFs too.

Alex C repped this.
  10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Local BVB fans are idiots. They celebrated the signing of Ömer Toprak like he was the second coming of Jürgen Kohler, which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about them. As a guy who's never been to Dortmund I saw Tigges's usefulness.

Ger90 and Alex C repped this.
  11. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If stays fit, Fullkrug is going the help the NT immensely till 2026 World Cup

Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.
  12. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who is Tigges I see he scored a brace yesterday for Koln - he is German 24 years old plays as a
    Striker - NT material ?????

dips82 and Ger90 repped this.
  13. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Same fans that were getting excited by the potential loan signing of Elanga, who is mediocre af and hype Gittens to the moon.

Tigges, Knauff, Raschl all ignored last year.

Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.
  14. Shwass5555

Shwass5555 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2022
    I wanted Havertz to move out of Chelsea and was hoping he would land in Dortmund but I would be happier if he lands at Bayern. That actually would be great for the National team also.

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Toprak is Elite, stop hating.:whistling::p

Tigges>>>>>>Modeste

Alex C and BVBFNM repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    likely as then you can have a whole attack play together regularly along with Kimmich-Goretkza M.

Alex C repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tigges is more a classical CF but isn't that slow and does have decent technique to his game. He's also improving the more XI he plays too.

BorisG repped this.
  18. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I doubt some 60 year old white guy can put that genie back in the bottle. it's generational and you see in a lot of organisations that employees have expectations around sustainability, diversity etc

there was a lot of political pressure in england to try to stop Rashford talking about child poverty and it blew up in their faces.

IMO the risk is you crack down on this and you cause different issues.

All an all i just don't think this was a big deal.

19. Shwass5555

Shwass5555 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2022
    I dont want to turn this into a political discussion but i never understood why we cant keep politics out of sport. Politics and political correctness is everywhere, and sport was the last escape of enjoying something without hearing a lecture about what a horrible place the world we live in is. My dad is an immigrant from African decent who came to Germany in the early 90s and while he probably was one of the lucky ones I never felt like he was discriminated against by the system, and he built a great life for us. Yeah sure you get the odd idiot every now and again but in general I feel every issue gets way overblown by incredibly sensitive individuals who somehow believe the world revolves around them and they know whats best for every minority person when in reality they have no idea...............Anyways rant over.

Of course I have no issue with the DFB fighting for the right causes I just would like the administrators to do that not leave it up to the players. As we found out after the world cup not every player was on bored the whole one love arm band and the team photo pose. Just creates an unnecessary tension.

Ator, Alex C, BVBFNM and 2 others repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Focus on academy & young talent
    DFB sport director position: trio around Mertesacker topic – focus on “young people”.
    According to a “Kicker” report, former world champions Per Mertesacker, Sami Khedira and Benedikt Höwedes are still candidates for a post as sports director at the German Football Association. After Rudi Völler has been appointed director of the men's national team, the task force led by DFB President Bernd Neuendorf and Vice Hans-Joachim Watzke is dealing with the still unresolved personnel issues. The main focus here is on the area of responsibility for the academy and young talent.

So far, this has also belonged to Oliver Bierhoff's area of work, from which the association had separated after the World Cup preliminary round in Qatar. Joti Chatzialexiou acts as “Sports Director National Teams” at the DFB, Tobias Haupt is head of the DFB Academy. Another DFB working group, including EM head of organization Philipp Lahm, is currently dealing with the DFB structures.

The 62-year-old Völler, world champion from 1990 and former DFB team boss, was introduced last Friday. For the second important post, Völler expressly sees "younger" people on the train. Mertesacker (38) is currently academy director at FC Arsenal in London, while Khedira, who is three years his junior, is a board advisor at VfB Stuttgart. Höwedes (34) is part of the national team's management team.
    https://www.transfermarkt.de/dfb-sp...bdquo-jungere-ldquo-im-fokus/view/news/416910

21. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've thought about this for a bit and while I agree with the sentiment that politics should stay out of sports, but I don't think that's ever been the case.

Here are a few examples:
    - 1936 Olympics (Nazi propaganda vehicle)
    - 1950 FIFA WC - Germany not allowed to participate because of WW II (a political decision)
    - Soviet hockey team & olympics were a vehicle for soviet propaganda
    - see above for the Americans as well (and allies?)
    - 1980 & 84 Olympics (could have the wrong ones hear) West boycotts Moscow Olympics because of Afgahn invasion, Eastern Bloc boycotts '84 Olympics in retaliation
    - The reason Israel is in UEFA and not AFA.
    - UEFA boycott of Russian NT.

I'm sure there were more, but it is really hard to keep some level of politics out of sport.

22. Shwass5555

Shwass5555 Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2022
    I dont disagree with big picture politics in sport at all but those are all Federations / countries acting or reacting to political events, but in most cases athletes didnt really get involved, athletes just wanted to compete.

I was referring more to the culturally decisive issues that players sometimes of their own choosing but more often than not feel forced to voice an opinion about. This is one of the reasons (Alongside poor performances, DFB infighting / corruption) why the national teams popularity plummeted by more than 60%.

23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    IMO the problem is that athletes like Rashford, Neuer etc have causes they want to fight for - as we saw with Rashford, trying to stop him doing it is likely to cause big problems in the other direction.

I agree the situation was badly mishandled by DFB

I don't think the DFB creating a rule that the players can't champion these causes is likely to work, and then DFB will be seen on the wrong side of diversity issues which isn't a good look for a mass consumer brand.

24. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The real villain here was FIFA - they never should have pressured the national teams in the first place ... especially after it had already been agreed that players would wear the armband.

DFB then failed to protect the players.

If FIFA hadn't been corrupt jerks, we would never have been talking about any of this.