Germany to Host the UEFA Euro 2024

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Ator

Ator Member

SC Freiburg
    Germany
    Mar 19, 2021
    Yes for Füllkrug, Musiala and Rüdiger. The rest -- not so sure.

Ger90 and Alex C repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB managing director Rettig in SportBild:
    "It hasn't gone unnoticed by us that Justin Njinmah has developed very well. The player is in our wider field of vision."

The #Werder striker could also play for Nigeria, but prefers the DFB.

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We need more speed on the bench to give us different option, counters etc, so Njinmah could be an option.

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB or Türkiye: Karazor hopes to take part in the European Championship
    Atakan Karazor believes in taking part in this year's European Championships. “Of course, like every footballer, I have the dream of one day playing for a national team and also taking part in the big tournaments,” the VfB Stuttgart defensive midfielder explains to Bild and adds: “I work hard for that and then I hope I hope that there will perhaps even be an invitation before the European Championships.”

The 27-year-old 1.91 meter man would be eligible to play for both the DFB and the Turkish association. “My parents come from Turkey, I grew up in Germany. “All I can do to get an invitation is to give VfB every day and continue to be successful with the team,” said Karazor. According to Bild, there has already been a meeting with Hamit Altintop, the Turkish sports director. However, the strong six have not yet made a decision.
    https://www.fussballtransfers.com/a...b-oder-tuerkei-karazor-hofft-auf-em-teilnahme

5. marcellsas

marcellsas Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #4155 marcellsas, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    Toni Kroos has decided to return to the national team

Good or Bad News?

Germanyfan1993 and Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    good news as we can now play one of the oldest XIs!!!!:thumbsup:

saj7866, Germanyfan1993 and Alex C repped this.
  7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    My guess is that Kroos really wants to add the Euro to his collection.

8. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We cannot use a midfield of Kroos, Kimmich & Gundogan. We will be countered for fun & the defence will be horribly exposed. Even Kroos alongside Gundogan will be problematic imo. Puts a lot of pressure on whoever the DM is.

saj7866, Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well on + we might be less shit on corners+FKs.....Kimmich is one of the worst German NT takers of all time.

BandB, BVBFNM, saj7866 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol on corner delivery, even last Sunday watching Bochum v Bayern I noticed how many Kimmich corners don't clear the first man, and then Sane when he came on wasn't a lot better. Why do so few 95/96 gen players lack set piece ability? It's something that can generally be improved by practice, but never seems to happen.

For the NT how many goals have we scored from FK's or corners in the last 5 years?

BVBFNM, saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  11. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    Literally.. i thought i was the only person to say this.. i'm so glad when he's not on the field because we have a better chance to get a goal off a CK.

BVBFNM, saj7866, Alex C and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    I'm going to Germany for the Euros and seeing Switzerland game so excited. ;)

BandB, BVBFNM, saj7866 and 2 others repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, I feel like 2-3 max from set pieces and like 2-3 max counters......2 areas of complete and utter shit.

we beat France in WC14 through FK and Spain beat us in WC10 from corner kick, these things can decide matches.

we are one of tallest teams in most tourneys and NEVER take advantage.

BVBFNM, saj7866 and Alex C repped this.
  14. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I doubt Kroos and Gundo would both start

So i wonder who he sees as his midfield 3 assuming Musiala will play?

15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4165 Alex C, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    But Gundogan is captain, so surely that means Nagelsmann sees him as a starter? I doubt Kroos has come back to sit on the bench.

For me we need a solid more defensive minded midfield to allow us to give Musiala & Wirtz a platform to shine. They are the duo the NT should be built around moving forwards, but I actually don't see both starting if Gundo and Kroos are there.

Probably end up with Neuer, Hummels, Rudiger, Kroos, Gross, Gundogan, Muller & Fullkrug all starting. Oldies xi lol.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Former Germany international Hansi Müller on Kroos' comeback: "Of course, it's also a bit of a problem for the current midfielders that a retired player is now coming back. I still think Toni Kroos is a great footballer, otherwise he wouldn't be playing for Real Madrid. He is still the Toni Kroos we know. He can also help the team. But the comeback is a very explosive and sensitive topic. The expectations for such a player are incredibly high when he returns. In the difficult situation that the national team is in, a lot of hopes are now being placed on him. If it doesn't work for him - for whatever reason - then he's the big loser. For me, Florian Wirtz is the best German footballer at the moment. It's a pleasure to watch this guy play. I'd actually tell him: 'You're the main man - and I'm building a team around you that can play successful football that's worth watching.' - I can't judge to what extent a Kroos fits in, because I don't know how Nagelsmann is planning"

BVBFNM, saj7866 and Alex C repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wirtz is on track to leading Bayer to a surprise double and thus will become a German Legend at such a young age, LOL.

rj123, Germanyfan1993, BVBFNM and 2 others repped this.
  18. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's funny is that in probably our only good game in the last year, v France under Voller, we basically played the majority of the match with a midfield of Can & Gross, with Wirtz as the 10. That's the sort of profile of midfielder that's needed imo, even if they aren't necessarily as highly rated as players like Kroos, Gundogan, Kimmich or Goretzka.

BVBFNM, Ger90 and saj7866 repped this.
  19. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Surely we can't have Both Kroos and Gundogan starting. It has to be one or the other.

For me in attack Fullkrug, Musiala, wirtz have to start. Sane is a intresting one, his form has dipped, but a inform sane also starts.

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  20. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gross and Can bought stability and balance and that is the key

BVBFNM, Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah none of the so called star Ms are impressing in NT, shows how much Bast+Khedira really were the difference maker. I think Khedira is the shadow M that nobody pays attention too when he plays but when you see post Khedira era and how everything went to shit in M......Khedira's issue in 2018 was that he wasn't cut out anymore in facing counter teams. 2018 was more on Low.

BVBFNM and Alex C repped this.
  22. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's strange the way Gross never got to play again - he was excellent in that game

Germanyfan1993, Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.
  23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Khedira was important to link play together - he is similar to Gundogan in that role

Ger90 repped this.
  24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Had Khedira not gotten injured in the warm-up to the 2014 World Cup final, I'm certain Germany would have won within the 90 minutes. The guy who played the 2018 World Cup wasn't Sami Khedira, but rather his corpse.

Ger90 repped this.
  25. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium