Germany - Sweden /-- 23 June -- 2nd Group Game

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by White/Blue_since1860, Jun 17, 2018.

1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are right. btw this is just the German version of the onion
    Thats what I had in mind. Trying to beat them on the individual class. If necessary throw Gomez, Brandt and Draxler in for the last 20 minutes

nekkibasara repped this.
  2. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My worry is that Loew did not learn the right lessons from today. He will think that our failings were do to losing possession to easily, etc. In his post match comments he was focused only on the poor combination play and losses of possession. I suspect we will end up with the same suicidal tactics, but win the matches against Sweden and Korea. Once we meet a top side, we will be punished heavily.

Berchtesgaden repped this.
  3. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    100%

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont fear Löw wont change anything. I fear Löw will try another smartass move like in 2012 when he put Kroos at RM

5. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Or 2010 when he left Kroos on the bench against Spain and played Trochowski.
    Hopefully this match will be the Algeria wake-up call for Loew.

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Right now a possibility could be three teams with 6 points if Sweden beats Mexico
    Therefore Germany needs not just a victory but also a lot of goals

7. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We just need more goals than one of them.

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Germany should've played South-Korea first and then Sweden
    would've somehow calmed my nerves

but watching Sweden and South-Korea today, hell it's possible to score goals on them
    but South-Korea has pacy players on those counters

9. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Come on pal, south korea after saudi are the worse team, absolutely toothless

10. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As for Sweden they are static so that plays in to Germanys hands, I fear loews style of play will work on Sweden and they won't have any answers, as soon as we come against I presume Brazil in round of 16 if everything goes to plan then he has to change otherwise it's curtains

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    At this point, I don't wanna underestimate anyone
    yes I knew Mexico had some quality, but I was 100% sure that Germany would win
    lol

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

13. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why risk things in the final third? The individual quality is there to not need 7 or 8 players to push so high, match up to the opponent stay tight and organised and the difference in individual quality will eventually pay off.

nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    biggest risk is if Sweden after winning vs Korea just go for the draw and park the bus the whole game.

best thing for us is to score as quick as possible to force them to come out to equalize which should open more space to score more.

15. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Of course Sweden will sit, pack and park. A draw against Germany would be great for them. Sweden would have 4pts and in case Mexico win against S.Korea both Mexico and Sweden would be through to the KO phase after agreeing not to hurt each other in their final group game.

Sweden so far:

- survive WCQs group with Holland and France ✓
    - knock out Italy in the play-offs ✓
    - kick Germany out of the World Cup (✓ pending)

Anything but a win against Sweden and it's basically over for Germany.

PS if Poland don't lose against Senegal, Germany will be the only European team to have lost their opener.

nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My formation VS Sweden:

------------------------Neuer
    ------------Boateng---Sule----Hummels
    --Kimmich-----------------------------------Hector
    -----------------Gundogan---Kroos
    ------------Goretzka--Werner-----Reus

1- I know we need to win this match, but doesnt mean we need to panic and play all out attack. We need to remain balanced and patient.

Or else before we score, we would concede 2-3 goals from opponents' counters.

2- Possession football involved a lot of pressing when we lose the ball. If Oezil, Khedira, Muller, Kroos can no longer press and losing stamina/agility. Then we shouldnt go for possession football, thats suicidal.

3- Oezil and Mueller are no longer serviceable in my opinion. I dont think Loew will drop the both players, but he should consider dropping one of them. And i might choose Oezil.

Both are one-dimensional, inconsistent and unreliable. But i dont like Oezil's body language.
    Khedira is a player to drop, too. But lets see if there is more protection at the back/behind him, will he provide a better performance.

4- I actually like Goretzka up top to support Werner and Reus. It can be a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2

Goretzka can play as an SS, and provide some physicality up top, thats something our strikers lack. Gomez can come off as plan B

5 - Sule and Hummels' role should be mobile. they need to switch between a CB role and a DM role.

so the back 3 formation can switch to back 4 if needed.

BorisG repped this.
  17. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #67 BorisG, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Well for sure I think the following changes should happen.

Khedira and Oezil out and REus in as per Bild...
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fifa-wm-2018/schwarz-rot-not-56049156.bild.html

Anyway could look something like this...
    Option 1..
    Kimmich-----Boa-------Hummels---hector
    ---------------------Rudy-----------------------
    -------------Kroos-------Gundo-------
    Muller-------------Werner---------Reus

Option 2
    ------------Boa----Sule----Hummels-----------
    Kimmich------------------------------------hector
    ----------------Kroos-----Goretzka--------------
    Muller-------------Werner-------------------Reus

But would definitely leave Oezil on the bench for now, I think this whole Erdogan thing is breaking him.

Who to play gundo , Goretzka and or Rudy....????. But I agree that Khedira and Oezil should be benched for now.

I think also a key would be Should Rudy play in front of the CB or should they rather bringing in a third CB with Sule?

In Summary :
    1. Rudy or Sule to assist the defense? replacing Khedira
    2. Reus in For Draxler
    3. Gundo or Goretzka to replace Oezil
    4. And the obvious Hector to come back into the team
    World Cup Winning teammmmm back on track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes a center back, but it it should be rudiger, he can add some pace to the pedestrian Germany defence

19. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sule is the 2nd fastest in Bayern Munich , after Coman

his pace was recorded

20. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That could be deceiving, is that over 100 m or 20-30 meters?, The latter that matters, the initial burst normally that exposes a slow defender or the initial burst by the defender that recovers the situation, rudiger for Chelsea for large parts was towering with real burst of pace

21. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hahahah Quoting myself ..... Anyway....

I think its vital that either Sule or Rudy Replace khedira.... but one thing is will Low take off Draxler..... what options would that give us....Do you think it makes sense to play Reus instead of Werner?

-----------Boa----Sule----Hummels-----------
    Kimmich------------------------------------Hector
    ----------------Kroos-----Goretzka--------------
    Muller-------------Reus-------------------Draxler

22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    from what i remmeber 30m

23. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In that case then Sule should be a shoe in, with his chemistry with his fellow bayern defenders he should fit in with no problem

BorisG repped this.
  24. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    Loew definitely needs to drop Khedira for Rudy, who can stay back and intercept and provide protection for Kroos, possibly drop Werner and move Muller to up top, Werner doesn't seem to provide the necessary movement and has no chemistry with Muller, Muller probably need to be given a last chance to redeem himself, if not good after half time, drop him immediately... on the right , should be Rues, if after half time still no goal, drop Muller and move Rues to up top, come in Brandt on the right, need to make change after half time, can not affort to make changes in 60 mins, then if after 70 mins still no goal, drop Draxler, move Rues to left, come in Gomez, and drop one fullback, come in Sule to press high and take higher risk

25. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Problem is not our attack.... its the defensive midfield, and how we control the midfield......

As all of you have said Khedira and or Gundo are not sufficient to assist Kroos at DM... What I dont understand is that in many of the last WC games we more played a 4-3-3 then a 4-2-3-1 ....

Anyway I am sure if Loew does play 3CB (Sule in) and or brings Rudy in as a third DM with Kroos and say Gundo the team will be way different.....