Germany - South Korea I-- 27 June --I 3rd Group Game

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by White/Blue_since1860, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Minttunator and poorvi repped this.
  2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If Rudy can't play, I'd agree with those who think Ginter might be worth a try. I think he played that role in the Cup final and did a decent job. He even had some smart contributions to the offense. He seems to prefer the midfield position anyways and his versatility has to be a major reason why he was selected. He should also be better suited to handle set pieces than your typical midfielder.
    But I think Löw would rather give Khedira another chance as choosing Ginter would be quite the blow for Khedira.

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As much as I like the idea, Im afraid Löw will either bring Gündogan or Khedira again before even thinking of Ginter. Ginter is the defensive RB backup and nothing else, Im afraid

Fussballer repped this.
  4. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    I actually think both Khedira and Ozil will start so both get a chance to redeem themselves. Otherwise, it will be hard for Loew to use them going forward. You'd think they would be motivated. I hope Draxler is done...

5. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    #80 Lewisfromuk, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    I think the biggest problem of this German side is they missing someone like Klose, someone who is reliable to take chance inside penalty box, that was why they failed in Euro 2016...out of all these players, only Rues currently gives me confidence that he can finish the chance if given, Gomaz never convince me for the national team, Werner seems still raw, Draxler has totally lost the ability to score, Brandt seems lack of luck, Ozil never is good shooter even he did manage to score many goals for the national team, and Muller, nothing can say about him anymore, I just wish him can suddenly wake up one day befoer we are kicked out by a strong team...

Minttunator repped this.
  6. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    I really think Loew should have taken Gotz, even a out of form Gotz, i wish Stindle didn't get injure before the world cup, both of them can finish chances

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah this team desperately needs an in-form Götz George

[​IMG]

BorisG repped this.
  8. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've never understood this personally. Even Bayern fans complain about his lifestyle. If you watch his efforts on the pitch, especially the 2016/17 season for example where he played injured against Madrid, you will not see a player who isn't dedicated to the team.

9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think we will see the 4231 again with Kroos and Gundogan in midfield against Korea.

However in the knock-out rounds, we either will need to rely on Rudy, or move to a 3 back system to make up for the lack of defensive midfielders.

10. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Germany's problem is that we play wingers that can't take on players one on one to open things up. It was so refreshing seeing Werner do that in the 2nd half. If we have 2 wingers that can do that, it opens things up for everyone...

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reus and Brandt would also be useful for that. Although I think we should keep Brandt as a super sub. Also another issue is our wingers are too slow in transition and in attack except for those 2 and Werner.

even if Werner is raw, neither of our goals would have happened if it wasn't for him.

Lewisfromuk and Rosebud repped this.
  12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Agreed in Brandt and Reus... I like Brandt as super sub...

Rosebud and Ger90 repped this.
  14. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes that's what I think, as soon as the big boys clash then we will have more cover in midfield

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Rosebud, Minttunator and nekkibasara repped this.
  16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ————-Neuer
    —Kim-Sule—-Hummels—Hector
    —Muller—Rudy—Kroos—Reus
    ———Goretzka—Werner

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    South Korea's captain Sung-yueng Ki has been ruled out vs Germany.

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I agree with Brandt as a sub, but Jogi has to give him more minutes

Rosebud and Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If this is true, I wonder what it was that caused Jogi to want to make that shift away from Rüdiger towards Süle? Süle is better in my eyes, but if Jogi's original idea was that Rüdiger was a better replacement CB, I'm not sure what that performance against Sweden did to sway him in the other direction. Rüdiger was fine; he wasn't the problem.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    maybe he thinks Sule is a better fit with Hummels than Rudiger?

22. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ^ I'm trying to remember who the #15 were in various WC. I could be wrong, as this is from memory
    90- Uwe Bein
    94- Gaudinio or some guy with an Italian sounding name
    98- can't remember
    02- Fredi Bobic
    06- Asamoah
    10- Trochowski
    14- can't remember

The #15 have been people who've had a minimal impact on the tournament! Sule can be the exception to this trend.

PS: Someone will have to run a fact check. :p

23. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't say I really understand the reasoning. Hummels is better with a quicker partner IMO. Süle isn't that.

24. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With how quick & technical Korea can be I'm really hoping we play a 4-3-1-2/4-3-3 or a 3-4-1-2/3-4-3.

Again, if we bring that 5th CM or CB on I won't be upset even if Gomez & Rüdiger start...*sigh* f***in Jogi

Per one of his pressers, Jogi has decided that Rüdiger is the backup to Hummels at LCB & Süle the backup to Boateng at RCB...why? Cause Jogi.

25. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why not both? Let them take turns pushing forward while the other hangs back with Toni & the CBs. Leon & Ilkay's quickness & strength could be a huge help both in recovering against counters, and in assisting our press...especially if we brought Mesut back into the side in his classic free 10 role between that midfield and a Werner - Brandt/Reus pair up front to lead the press.

Let Rudy recuperate for a potential meeting with Brazil in the next round, and have that him wear that mask on the bench in case we're still too exposed against counters.

Lewisfromuk repped this.