Germany - South Korea I-- 27 June --I 3rd Group Game

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by White/Blue_since1860, Jun 24, 2018.

1. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So basically he's blasting gundogan and ozil?, if that's the case then these 2 should not be selected again, the teams that are remaining are brittle, a fully focused and firing Germany would have dismantled all of these

Boandlkramer repped this.
  2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Khedira's performances were pretty much the worst out there. It's hard to believe that this topic made him fall on his face against Mexico or made him generally look like an 80 year old.
    For us as outsiders, it's impossible to know how much this topic affected the team. But some self-reflection is in order as well. If Khedira wouldn't otherwise seem to have a team-oriented character, I'd say he's covering his own ass for his woeful performances.

saj7866, Ger90 and Rosebud repped this.
  3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed. Conditions of other teams were set for Germany to be back to back champs

Now #bestneverrest feels like a bad joke

Crisstti repped this.
  4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats why the team came into total disarray when the leaders put in such abysmal performances. Might be just an easy excuse for Khedira. But considering he usually performed what you can expect of him and that he isnt alone in this, there has to be some truth to it.
    Like I said, "Gündogate and overblown marketing slogans". It's almost like they started to believe their own propaganda ministry

5. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The irony of you posting this is delicious :ROFLMAO:

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think everyone agrees that this meeting with Erdogan was a brainless action. I'll have to take Khedira's words for it that it remained an issue in the team despite what the officials or other players seemed to suggest, that it was rather a topic kept alive by the media.
    Still, Hummels said after the SK game that the last good game they played was maybe in the fall of 2017. Even before the WC exit, Bierhoff talked about the same recurring problems in the game and that the coaches have to find a solution for it.
    So I'm confident that the Erdogan topic won't deflect from all the other problems.

Crisstti and Rosebud repped this.
  7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I stated before the tourney even started that Gündogate was just the cherry on top as the team chemistry seems to have been shattered after the confed cuppers and old guard could not join together. Löw is of course responsible for not having solved that

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hitz on fire

The team reminded me of SPD. They talked up the team spirit, they comforted each other and at the end somehow 20% were missing

The Jitty Slitter and Boandlkramer repped this.
  9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    That's what I think

He couldn't modernise the team with the CC young guys coming thru.

When he failed with Sane etc, then he went back to the old guard.

10. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Missed opportunity....Müller and many others don’t deserve to be a “Stammspieler.” TBH, I hate that term.

Rosebud repped this.
  11. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah Müller’s inefficiency hit us hard at the Euros and again in Russia. Throw in Khedira thinking that the solution to his lessened stamina & pace is to play higher up the pitch, some of the old guard really killed us. Especially when Jogi focused on integrating the worst of the new wave (Draxler) and not the superior players (Brandt, Sane, Goretzka, Dahoud, Weigl, Tah, etc.).

That’s what makes this situation such a catch 22. If he doesn’t step down now and just switches to the new core, we’ll be talented enough to cover up his tactical incompetence for another 3-4 cycles...especially if the 2000ers & 2001ers develop as well as the 95ers & 96ers have.

saj7866 repped this.
  12. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I completely agree, just no sense for him to Carry on, a new direction is required with what's coming through the youth ranks, I believe Germany will come back to haunt every team in the euros and world cups

Rosebud repped this.
  13. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Nah - he was pretty diplomatic

14. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    i think he pretty much avoids criticising anyone

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Draxler is not even part of the new wave the guy is a 93 and made his NT debut in 2012. It's been 6 years and he's still terrible and useless player.

in the end I think had we played the CC squad minus Draxler with the formation used at that tourney + maybe 2-3 of the old guard in the XI. We would likely have made it out. The older players mostly bombed at this WC including Low.

the 99-01 are more likely to be ready for the 2022 WC than EC2020, although I could see a few make it earlier.

Rosebud repped this.
  16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Interesting data here

TLDR

Germany created a lot of changes, but overall quality was a bit low, and especially slow

Werner failed at getting on the end of the chances in the box - Gomez was much better at that but only played 80 mins

17. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #642 Rosebud, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Coaching can ruin any team, but we had the talent to send a U23 team + MAtS that could’ve contended with a decent coach. If Jogi steps down & an upgrade is found, the future can be bright...elsewise we’re stuck hoping for our talent to overcome our coaching again...

Brandt - Werner - Sane
    Dahoud - Havertz**
    Weigl/Meyer
    Klostermann* - Tah - Süle - Kimmich
    ter Stegen

**Goretzka / Amiri
    *Henrichs / Kehrer, or Kimmich with Weiser coming in on the right

And that’s with Gnabry, Geiger and some other potential starters injured​

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Let's make Germany great again.":laugh:

19. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    After seeing Werner played so much, I think he is not the striker that Germany needs in the future. Gnabry has better potential than him, but will hope someone with more height and stronger like Serke can break through

20. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    Also I think weiser has better potential than Kimmich as the right full back, Kimmich’s major problem as right full back is that he can not cut outside to go to bottom line and make crossing, that limits his play to be cut inside and pass back or use left foot to shoot

21. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    it would not be so much of an issue if there was a proper right winger though

Again this is why I would have preferred to play Ozil & Kimmich from the right - as both were heavy chance creators

22. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would not base any player evaluations on the cluster******** that this WC was. Loew set the entire team up to fail. I have no doubt that Werner will reach another level under Nagelsmann. Hopefully with proper wingers, and a solid midfield we will see the best of Werner in the future.

Rosebud, hava and Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    except for Draxler and Khedira, those 2 anyone can evaluate how much they provide nothing.

I also agree that Plattenhardt is not the LB we need. Was never high on him and this WC reminds me why. Hopefully we get some other LBs starting next season.

Rosebud, hava and nekkibasara repped this.
  24. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed. They have proven enough how poor they are over the past 5 seasons with club and country.

Rosebud and Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just you wait, if Low decides to stay. He'll be like I will form a new team around Draxler.:laugh:

Rosebud, Minttunator and nekkibasara repped this.