Germany/France/Holland - August 2014 - US TV info

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, Aug 8, 2014.

1. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    (All times CET/US Eastern)

FRANCE - Ligue 1

Friday, August 8, 2014:
    20:30/2:30pm Stade Reims v Paris SG
    …….LIVE: beINSport-1 & ñ
    …….DELAYED: -

Saturday, August 9, 2014:
    21:00/3:00pm SC Bastia v Marseille
    …….LIVE: beINSport-1 & ñ + TV5

21:00/3:00pm Montpellier v Bordeaux
    …….LIVE: beINSportconnect.tv
    …….DELAYED: beINSport-1 & ñ/Wed.-12:00pm

Sunday, August 10, 2014:
    17:00/11:00am Lyon v Stade Rennes
    …….LIVE: beINSport-ñ
    …….DELAYED: beINSport-1/Thu.-2:00pm

21:00/ 3:00pm AS Monaco v FC Lorient
    …….DELAYED: beINSport-1/5:00pm

==========================================

GERMANY - SuperCup

Wednesday, August 13, 2014:
    18:00/12:00pm Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich
    ………LIVE: GOL-TV
    ………DELAYED: -

HOLLAND - Eredivisie

* - ESPN, who had the rights since the 2008-09 season have apparently lost those rights. Fox is the logical choice of taking over the rights due to their ownership of Eredivisie Media & Marketing. But as of Thursday evening (season starts tomorrow) there are no listings for any Eredivisie matches anywhere on US TV.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

Makandal repped this.
  2. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just in case you're not aware, Holland is not the name of the country. It is just a region that takes up about 20% of the land of the nation of The Netherlands. Only 5 of the teams in the whole league are in the region of Holland.

3. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Thanks for the clarification. I got more information on the Netherland's OFFICIAL tourist website: www.holland.com. ;)

SA

HomietheClown, MetroChile and bigtw64 repped this.
  4. To the Byline

To the Byline Member

Jan 27, 2014
    United States
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    (The Kingdom of) the Netherlands is the official name of the country colloquially referred to in some parts of the world as Holland. Even the tourist website that you linked acknowledges this fact (http://www.holland.com/us/tourism/holland-information/about-holland/netherlands-vs-holland-1.htm). You can argue that all this is pedantic, but you cannot argue that Holland is an official name of the Netherlands because it isn't.

5. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    And I'm not. That's why the little winky smiley face. I fully acknowledge that the name of the country in question is The Netherlands (Kingdom of). Holland is the name of only a small region of said country. To all the Dutch readers and those who wish for accuracy on the board I offer my sincerest apologies.

Having said that, all future reference to matches played in the Netherlands and TV info thereof, will continue to be referred to (wrongly) as Holland because it has 4 less letters I have to type. (And if Fox or ESPN don't step up to the plate in the next few weeks its all a mute point anyway, isn't it??). Go Orange!!

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

bigtw64 and MetroChile repped this.
  6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Didn't want to start a new thread to ask this but I am wondering if Univisión Deportes will still show Ligue Un action, despite the fact Memo Ochoa signed for Málaga? I am pretty sure UD showed L1 games last year that didn't involve Ajaccio...but I could be wrong?

@socceraction

7. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000

It seems that there will NOT be any more coverage of the Ligue-1 on Univision Deportes. Based on this week (and next), beINSport now owns both English and Spanish language rights to the league.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

8. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    I just call it the Low Countries.

9. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    (All times CET/US Eastern)

FRANCE - Ligue 1

Friday, August 15, 2014:
    20:30/2:30pm SM Caen v Lille
    …….LIVE: beinsportsconnect.tv

Saturday, August 16, 2014:
    17:00/11:00am Paris SG v SC Bastia
    …….LIVE: beINSport-1 & ñ + TV5

20:00/ 2:00pm Toulouse v Lyon
    …….LIVE: beINSport-1

Sunday, August 17, 2014:
    14:00/ 8:00am Marseille v Montpellier
    …….LIVE: beinsportsconnect.tv
    …….DELAYED: beINSport-1 & ñ/12:55pm

21:00/ 3:00pm Bordeaux v AS Monaco
    …….DELAYED: beINSport-1/5:00pm

GERMANY - DfB Pokal / 1st Round

Saturday, August 16, 2014:
    15:30/ 9:30am Stuttgarter Kickers v Borussia Dortmund
    ………LIVE: espn3.com

Sunday, August 17, 2014:
    16:00/10:00am Preußen Münster v Bayern München
    …….LIVE: espn3.com

Monday, August 18, 2014:
    18:30/12:30pm Energie Cottbus v Hamburger SV

20:30/ 2:30pm Dynamo Dresden v Schalke 04

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

LaxBandit and TJNash repped this.
  10. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It looks like Eredivisie coverage is a lost cause this year. I'm surprised Univision Deportes didn't step in. I realize Dutch league does not hold a lot of cache, just figured Univision Deportes would be trying to get their hands on anything they could. Seems that doesn't apply though without some sort of Mexican connection though.

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    ...specially considering UD will not be showing Ligue Un action this season, either.

12. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Or Eredivisie could be great programming for fox deportes, which does nothing but show champions league reruns on the weekends.

13. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Or plus that still shows more rugby than footy.

14. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    BeIN has steadily improved, making use of both channels last season. So far they seem back to some stupid tricks. Their Friday night schedule is littered with 30 minute junk. They could show the Lille game on delay and they could do this by skipping a freelancer, have an engineer bring up the English feed, and cut half-time to just show commercials. They could show something else during that time on BeIÑ.

It looks like Univision has also not renewed rights for the DFB Pokal. In some sense, I'm fine with that since this is a channel that gets 2 things right: LigaMX and WC. Maybe CONCACAF CL and MLS but I don't watch either. They butchered Coupe de France last season and made a mess of some DFB Pokal matches as well. It's easier to find complete games via other routes.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They should show the Lille game live. It would fit perfectly after the Atletico friendly.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So, in a nutshell, TV footy coverage this year has regressed in the US. :thumbsdown:

bigtw64 repped this.
  17. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Lost Eredivisie, and Boca and River games(still havent seen explanation for this anywhere), Ligue 1 extra games on Univision Deportes. Gained Benfica home games. Am i missing anything?

18. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as Argentina, as far as I can piece together, GolTV had the rights to both Boca and River matches. For a season or two they showed both, but last season they picked one game to show and sublicensed the other game to TyC Sports International USA. It looks like the deal ran through June 2014. It appears that no one currently has the TV rights to Boca and River games, which is why TyC shows all Primera Division games except those involving Boca or River. (They also have rights both in Argentina and abroad to the Primera B Metropolitana, which is the regionalized third tier.) Futbol Para Todos (the rights holder in Argentina, affiliated with the Argentine government) puts all Primera Division games up live on YouTube without any geographical restrictions, so that may be complicating someone purchasing the TV rights for the USA.

SupaMario repped this.
  19. TheDarkKnight1969

Aug 12, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Bayern DFB Pokal game against Muenster was live on ESPN3.

20. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Wonder if any of the Spanish channels pick up the Eredivisie now that Guardado has joined PSV on loan......

21. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Still can't believe that no Spanish network picked up eredivise rights for this year with Guardado and Corona featuring so prominently for PSV and Twente respectively.

MetroChile repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I thought GOL tv picked those teams up. Or was it just English?

23. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They showed the games last season (in both English and Spanish through SAP) but not this season. Curiously, I noticed a few months ago that when ESPNFC showed Dutch league highlights it still said "courtesy GolTV." So do they still have the rights but don't show the games?