Germany:Argentina game thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by kickinthehead, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    To make it short and sweet: Germany will win and go on to the semis.

We are SOOOOOO going to win this and the Cup.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

2. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Germany:Argentina pre-game thread

Man I hope you're right.

Argentina will be relentless....this is going to be most difficult match we've had in years. Yes, a lot harder than last years Confed Cup match.

3. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006

Dude, I don't think so. They REALLY had to struggle today. I think they looked a little tired and nervous, and I am pretty sure the game didn't give them a lot of confidence. On the other hand, the German team is/has been building momentum. What's up with Riquelme? He was pretty harmless today.

Germany and its attack will be the one being relentless. They will put aside the casual attitude they had after scoring the first two goals today.

Ballack will put one away next Friday.

I have no doubt we will win.

4. seahawk37

seahawk37 New Member

Jun 25, 2006

I think we can definetely win against Argentina, we have the talent, and the home crowd behind us. Our forwards simply can't be stopped, when Klose doesn't score, he's assisting Podolski to put away 2. We must be careful though defensively, there were a couple times that we got lucky or Lehmann saved us, we might not be so lucky against Argentina.

5. seahawk37

seahawk37 New Member

Jun 25, 2006
  6. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home

Some thougts about the game and our team in general:

1.) Keep Klinsmann. He's done a wonderful job, and no matter what happens in the Arg. game he should stay.
    2.) Don't forget Löw...
    3.) The commentator in the Arg.-Mex. game was annoying. He constantly repeated that neither team was frightening. And that's ridiculous considering that next weeks game will be totally different.
    4.) Here is the reason why Schweinsteiger didn't play that great vs. Sweden:
    [​IMG]
    5.) Klinsmann shouldn't change the team, but it's good to know that we still have Borowski. Did anyone else notice his cross late in the game that was so well placed that Klose(?) could stop it with his chest in the penalty area(!) ?
    6.) Too bad that the game is in Berlin. The atmosphere just doesn't compare to football-only stadiums.
    7.) Hope they will start the game in the same way like vs. Sweden....
    8.) Hope Arg. starts Saviola-Crespo instead of Tevez-Messi...
    9.) Just because the Arg. defense is rather small, we shouldn't rely solely on crosses.
    10.) It never made so much fun to be a German football fan.
    11.) Didn't anyone else notice that Schweinsteiger is holding an English flag in the picture above? START BOROWSKI:cool:

7. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005

I just hope that the ref doesn't help Argentina like they did against Mexico:

- Heinze should have had a red card at half-time(he commited a foul as last man against a player,got yellow card,he gave a punch in the face a player)
    -There was a clear penalty near the end.
    -They let them do "little fouls" in the midfield to stop the attacking team during 120 minutes.

The truth is,it's been a lot time since I can remember,where a ref helped too much a team,like I saw today.

It was slaughter from the referee against Mexico.

Oh,btw, Mexico played better than Argentina today.
    The only reason why Argentina scored was because of an error-autogoal in a corner kick, and because Maxi Rodriguez made a fantastic goal.

8. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home

A game lasts 90 minutes, the earth is round ............ and was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster!:cool:

9. Spliff

Spliff New Member

Jun 22, 2006

Argentinien gegen Mexiko Gegenstück war das beste Gegenstück, das ich habe gesehen so weit. Mexiko besser als Argentinien gespielt hat, ist das glücklich geworden. im froh wir didnt muss Mexiko, in den Bünden aushöhlt wir sind geworden glücklich gegenüberstehen, weil Mexiko fast hat getreten unseren Esel. im sicher wir Argentinien, hahaha schlagen können.

10. Neutral2

Neutral2 Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Which ********ed up translation tool did u use ? :D

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Don't be that sure, mate! Well, we surely played a good WC until now, but don't forget Argentina's player potential!

They remain my top favourite for the title, but of course we'll have a real chance to win the game.

All is possible and it's a pity that one team will be out of the competition. :(

12. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It'll be a though match, it'll be a real test for goth teams and both teams have a chance to win this match. I predicted this quarterfinal match up Germany - Argentina and an Argentinian win before the WC did start, but now I want another German victory! :cool:

13. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

This is the match to see who goes out to Italy in the semis,
    right? :D :p

14. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

To be honest I got the same impression. Every fifty-fifty decision went for Argentina, and they got away with a lot of acting and diving.

15. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home

Austria.It's called Aus-tria. :cool:

16. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France

who will be the ref? argentina tactics are diving and play acting.

17. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Re: Germany:Argentina pre-game thread [R]

I'm pessimistic. I have a feeling the party is about to end on Friday. Would've preferred the Dutch.

18. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I have a very bad feeling about this game. No matter how well Germany has performed so far, they haven't yet encountered teams the quality of Argentina who undoubtedly looks the most dangerous in this whole tournament. Not only are they the most complete team but they have guys like Aimar, Messi and Tevez off the bench. They can play for 90+ minutes and still be able to perform as relentless and in the end score a wonder goal.

Also, they bring a very physical game which we Poland has so far and that's been Germany's most difficult opponent so far. Unfortunately Germany couldn't have gotten a worse draw than this, I think we would have fared even better against Holland or Brazil.

19. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln

what happend in that pic?

20. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006

I can't believe you guys!! Argentina has shown in the game against Mexico that it is beatable. It is us who will send them back to Buenos Aires. Have some faith! The German tornado will blow Germany into the final!

Argentina no longer is considered the favorite in the upcoming game on Friday. Germany will take it up a notch and play better than ever.

If the play is going into penalties, Germany is going to win. I saw Argentina blow its penalty shots in the final of the Copa Sur against Brazil. It was almost comical how they messed up!

My prediction: Germany will put in more than one goal and take us into the semi finals in regular time.

21. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Start Borowski? No way....Schweiny is good, he connects well with Poldi and we can use his pace against Argentina.

Tim gets cautioned waaaaay too easy.

22. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

You have to understand, when it comes to games like Argentina-Mexico, where it's a South American team against another South American team or a Central American team, they will always be much closer. And not to take credit away from Mexico who played very well, Argentina in the end got it done, especially considering the quality of this match.

I don't think in any way, it takes away the credibility Argentina has built up so far. If anything I'm glad Mexico took them to overtime which may or may not have brought down the Argentine's confidence. However when a team can play 90+ minutes in that kind of quality, then score a wonder goal and play three minutes of brilliant ball retention, I can't take away any credit.

Germany has had much weaker opponents and has yet to face a team that played like Ivory Coast, Holland or Mexico. If you look at Germany's opponents, Costa, Rica, Ecuador, and Sweden; neither of them really looked all that threatening and certainly not throughout the whole game. Poland came closest to giving Germany any problems and they're far away from the quality that Argentina possesses.

All I'm saying is I hope Germany and it's players don't let their recent games get to their heads because Argentina will be a whole new experience for them. If they indeed can beat Argentina, then and only then will I be convinced that we have what it takes to get our fourth cup.

23. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006

All good and valid points. The fact that Germany hasn't been challenged that much during the tournament doesn't mean it won't rise to the occasion. Also, Germany has a world class attack which will break down the Argentine defense as well. I'm having a super feeling about the game!

24. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home

Wasn't serious. Quite the opposite is true, a change of the formation would be dumb. Everything is OK the way it is, isn't it? ;)

25. Pakalolo

Pakalolo Member

Apr 27, 2006
    at home

It's from Stuttgart. The Ger-Eng warm-up.