Germany 2014 World Cup Champions??

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Fabio Grosso 2006, Jul 1, 2013.

1. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schemelzer searching his form after coming back from injury...Olic scored a screamer but Schemelzer was hardly able to put any pressure on him...
    Jansen, Adler, Westermann comes from a club which concedes 5 goals quite regularly in Bundesliga...
    Lahm most of the time not playing in RB and Hummels searching his best form...

Don't think with this type of defensive situations good enough for winning World Cup

2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    LB Aogo is still an option, he is a starter for Schalke at least n is serviceable imo

RB Grosskreutz is an option or else I really like what I saw from Jantschke. Nothing amazing like Lahm but he is at least very solid defensively

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Good thing the World Cup starts in 8 months , not right now.

4. world cup lover

world cup lover Red Card

Jan 25, 2014
    Germany are awesome. To beat them will take a herculean effort. So many players to choose from you guys have the best squad.

5. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Shaky defense (some of the options at the back arent really NT calibre) n with Reus showing poor finishing in the last few months for Dortmund... I don't know if the startelf hv any reliable n diversed finisher in that attacking combo.

We need way better personnel at defense;

As well as someone who can finish in more variety of ways. Someone who can finish from headers, volleys n bring more dimensions to our game. Reus' finishing has been very inconsistent this season. N I think the team will be better off with better lethality, positioning n off-the-ball movement inside the box. If the newcomer can provide with more physique, aerial threat, mobility n "fire"/winner mentality that will be a certain plus.

Team while having the mobility, skill n creativity..is rather "soft" up front. We need an X-factor who can provide something differnt

6. little airplane

little airplane Red Card

Jun 5, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Looking good guys! It's you vs Argentina in the final! You should win it. As I said you have the best squad. Just Messi and the South American factor worry me but your squad is far superior! You will beat Brazil, regardless Neymar and Silva there or not YOU WILL BEAT BRAZIL. YOU ARE GERMANY! I dont know if you will lose another final should you get there. This German team either wins this world cup or the one in Russia but you will make the final and knock out the host nation just like Italy knocked you out in 2006. Maybe you do what we did and go on to win it after you do.

GOOOOOOOOOOO GEEEEERRRRMAAANNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minttunator repped this.
  7. little airplane

little airplane Red Card

Jun 5, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    only 3 goals conceded in 5 and a third games. Portugal, France held goalless. Defence looks fine to me guys!

8. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was pessimistic about our team's chances against France.

Now, I've turned optimist and say our lads will lift the trophy. The other contenders look perfectly beatable for the Nationalelf.

Minttunator repped this.
  9. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am concerned about howedes

I am also concerned about our total mental attitude..

Which means 11 guys giving 110% and not just a few.

10. little airplane

little airplane Red Card

Jun 5, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You guys were concerned from over a year ago when I made this topic. Now you're in the semis hahahaha. Normal to be pessimistic and concerned about your team. But you WILL beat Brazil. You are fitter. Smarter. Better. And I'd even say hungrier as you have failed at the last hurdle in recent times. You ill be mentally tougher as the past heartache has built a steely resolve in Germany.

Minttunator repped this.
  11. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Which'll mean ******** all if we pick up an early red against host brazil.

chewz and MatthausSammer repped this.
  12. little airplane

little airplane Red Card

Jun 5, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You could say that for any team any game. Goes both ways.

13. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not every team is playing the hosts who are missing their best defender and one of their only two attackers to do anything this tourney. If you don't think FIFA will be looking for a ref to level the playing field, you haven't watched many WCs.

chewz and Minttunator repped this.
  14. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Whose the ref for semi

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reports from Brazil.

Willian leaves training - back injury.

Brasilian Football Association is demanding Thiago Silva's card be revoked.

Demanding punishment for Zuniga.

16. raviept

raviept Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Braga
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #216 raviept, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    It's about time for Germany to win the World Cup. I'm not a German supporter, but you had too many good teams and no titles in the last 4 tournaments. This is the time. And Germany definitely is the best looking team in the tournament in terms of possession.

Dhajj and Minttunator repped this.
  17. little airplane

little airplane Red Card

Jun 5, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Youve always got some pessimistic, smart ass answer for everything. Ive seen many world cups, Ive seen Brazil favored in this one but also seen things like a certain Hulk goal being disallowed, remember? handball or not, if they were completely favored, it would have stood. Cheating or not, Brazil won't beat Germany. Now when Germany wins, you ought to bow down to me for the bitch that you are.

18. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    That's because Webb is actually a decent ref, and it was the correct call. Except Scolari of course would slam Webb for making the call. After the horror show that was the opener they can't have ref performances like that in the knockout stages.

I don't see a reason in pointing out times where the ref makes the correct call despite it being against Brazil, its simply basic competence for a ref.

"The ref isn't rigged he gave Colombia a penalty" :rolleyes::eek:

I've read that line all too many times already. As if simply giving a penalty is now showing favouritism. Despite that Ceser was lucky to escape without a red card. Also Brazil commit the most fouls, many of them tacticals, not to mention the ones not blown, and yet magically don't receive a card. Unless its blatant like in the two Thiago Silva cards (although he didn't receive any before even tho he deserved them) they rarely get cautioned for the sh*t they get away with. As a fan its frustrating to watch a player consistently fouling a team, nothing is done, and then a dangerous counterattack is stopped by his late challenge, only then is he given a card. The annoying part is had he gotten his deserved caution sooner, that play might have gone completely differently, or he'd pick up a deserved red card. Hopefully now that there is no risk of suspension besides a red card, we'll be seeing a few more. Becuase the Brazil squad reminds me of the Dutch 2010 finals squad if anything

Sorry for my rant, but I'm pissed off at Brazil at the moment.

Dhajj repped this.
  19. little airplane

little airplane Red Card

Jun 5, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hate Brazil. They have been favored but if you are going to look at things favored in their way you must look at things favored against them right call or not. The fact is, the goal could have been given and was it even Webb who disallowed the goal? it could have been the linesman. This guy is saying Germany will get a red before the game has even started and saying they will lose. At least wait until the game is being played. He just sounds like a superstitious supporter who deep down thinks and expects Germany to win but is too gutless to say it.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Dhajj repped this.
  21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I say a first time in WC history we get red carded so much that the game is forfeited ;)

22. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish you would tell me more about myself.

23. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL; owned. Time to break out the popcorn, because this is going to be good. :D

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyways, let's hold off on the "I told you sos" on both sides until its over, okay? There's still at least one more match to be played.

25. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Two matches