German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by MatthausSammer, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lilian Egloff: The next top talent of VfB Stuttgart
    https://www.90min.de/posts/6382014-lilian-egloff-das-naechste-top-talent-des-vfb-stuttgart

Small update on the 5 youngsters of 2BL club Wehen.
    Without Mintzel has the SV Wehen Wiesbaden now one of the youngest teams in the 2nd Bundesliga, although it is still open whether the previously only borrowed talents Gökhan Gül (20, Fortuna Dusseldorf), Agyemang Diawusie (21, FC Ingolstadt) and Niklas Schmidt (21 , Werder Bremen) can be held.

The high achievers with goalkeeper Markus Kolke (28), captain Sebastian Mrowca (25), right-back Kuhn (27) and the goalscorer Manuel Schäffler (30) and Daniel-Kofi Kyereh (23) are all in a very good football age, while next to the Nicklas Shipnoski (21) is still at the beginning of his career when it comes to new and recently loaned players.
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/sv-wehen-wiesbaden-ein-team-mit-perspektive/

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of Wehen youth and Dortmund U19 winning the championship.

Dortmund U19's 1st choice LB joins 2BL Wehen, 00-Tobias Missner.

seriously I always feel like LB is a stacked position in terms of prospects but RB......I mean Amade who is a RB/DM seems to be preferred at DM. Recall seeing Hoff fans commenting that Hoff/Nagelsmann saw him as a DM over RB, which doesn't help Germany much, although you could still play him there for next U21 cycle.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    00 striker Besong this season only came back last 5 games+Championship Run.
    U19 West, 4 goals and 2 assists in 5 games, playing 254 min and a goal every 64 min
    U19 Championship, 2 goals and 1 assist in 2 games playing 131 min and a goal every 66 min.

this season in U19, 6 goals and 3 assists in 7 games.

not only that but Besong, Raschl, Dajaku, Zauner all ended up with 2 goals and 1 assist in Championship. Although Besong played 1 game less than the other 3 and less minutes too., so he's ahead of the 3.

came back very well from his long term injury. Even trained with the Dortmund 1st team at some point. Will be curious to see what happens to him. According to TM, he's leaving but who knows what will happen. If he leaves, hope some 2BL club can pick him up.

Highlights

Full match

speaking of long term injuries, shame that Stuttgart U19 were missing 01 striker Grimm. Hottmann graduates from U19 but next season, they still have 01-Dajaku and Grimm and 02-Kramny and Hummel who move up from U17 for strikers. Although Dajaku could get 1st chances like he did this season as he did play 2 games and 24 min overall in 1BL. Since Stuttgart got relegation he could get more integration next season in 2BL.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    01-Glatzel talks Liverpool, Klopp and Germany NT.

Paul Glatzel: Top talent from Liverpool wants to continue playing for Germany and raves about Klopp

SPORT1: You signed your first professional contract with the Reds in February. With what thoughts?
    Glatzel: That I'm one step closer to my dreams. Thanks to the professional contract, I know that from now on I have to concentrate on football all the time. But I still have much to do.

SPORT1: You suffered a double leg fracture at the age of 15 and failed for months.
    Glatzel: That happened at the end of the season, in which I was injured the whole time. I thought at the time that I could go to the next season fit and then something happened. I just thought, 'What happens now? Am I still the same player after that? Will I be able to come back again? '. I was afraid.

SPORT1: You have already trained under Jürgen Klopp, for the first time last year.

Glatzel: I drove to the Academy quite normally. Then my coach told me that I should not practice today, but go directly to the Melwood (training center of professionals, d. I had to go there myself. That was weird, because I've never done that before. Then you arrive, you see all the players in front of you and you do not really know what to do. Then the coach (Klopp, d. Red.) Came over to me, talked to me in German and asked how it goes. That helped me. Then you focus on training. I was in the practice session a few more times afterwards. Hopefully there will be more in the future.

SPORT1: They played in the junior national teams already for England, most recently for Germany in the U18. Which country do you want to use for the future?

Glatzel: I have not made a decision yet, but at the moment I see it that I would like to play for Germany, because my family also comes from Germany. I want to make you proud. That probably works better when I play for Germany.

SPORT1: What do you recommend to kids who want to imitate your path?

Glatzel: You always have to believe in your goal. You always have to be focused and keep going. You can not always do what your friends do. Going out and not really. You just have to set a goal and work on it.

SPORT1: Your strengths?

Glatzel: My team spirit. My game intelligence - and I can also score a goal.

SPORT1: Weaknesses?

Glatzel: I trained a lot this winter with my weaker right foot and did a lot of strength training because of my injuries. Our physios helped me with this.

SPORT1: role models?

Glatzel: Lionel Messi. He is the best player in the world. But Luis Suárez and Gerrard are also among my role models. At Messi I often watch how he handles the ball and what he sees on the pitch. I also watch the highlights of his games and videos of him, but I also want to do it alone somehow.
    https://www.sport1.de/fussball/cham...gen-klopp-und-steven-gerrard-sport1-interview

Good season for the 01 striker. Came back from long term injury, was Liverpool U18 captain, got a pro contract, trained with the 1st team and did well with the U18 and even U23s.

and so far prefers Germany although no final decision.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stuttgart U19 might have lost the U19 Championships but they won a U15 one beating Bayern U15 3-2 in the final.
    Stuttgart Goals scored by Maximilian Wagner, Laurin Ulrich and the winner by Raul Paula (assist by Wagner).

Wagner seems to be a rated striker, also made dfb U15 squad and played. At this rate I'm curious to see how the 04 will stack up in the future between Moukoko (seems to be focusing on school over dfb), Wagner, Topp, Copado, Kabadayi, Kojic, Mekoma etc. (not going to name everyone).

although interesting to note that Bayern U15 as in 04 group had the following missing.
    Playing with U17 Kabadayi
    Playing with U16 Lore, Wenig, Copado, Janitzek, Brekner

Dang Son Tung repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    now linked with Kiel.

Lauberbach to Kiel?
    While Viteritti comes, the FSV Zwickau threatens the loss of Lion Lauberbach. According to the "image" is the 21-year-old striker a concrete offer from second division Holstein Kiel available. Lauberbach had moved from Erfurt to Zwickau before the season and was able to draw attention in the closing stages of the season with four goals and a template. As Lauberbach's working paper for the team of coach Joe Enochs runs until 2020, Zwickau would collect a transfer fee - probably in the low six-digit range.
    https://www.liga3-online.de/bericht-fabio-viteritti-vor-wechsel-zum-fsv-zwickau/

if he joins 2BL that will increase the number of youth strikers in 2BL but also increase the choices for next U21 cycle as Lauberbach is a 98. Curious to see how he does in 2BL if he moves up, he's a striker that we don't mention as often, more low key.

also shows something I've been talking about in other threads going from U19 to 3rd Liga is better than U19 to RL unless your rated by your club. You go to 3rd Liga directly you skip the RL level and then a few season and a jump to 2BL is quicker scheduling wise that those CFs who go U19 to RL, spend 2-3 years in RL than go to 3rd Liga spend a few seasons there and then work your way up to 1BL which would take a long time.

Lauberbach is such an example of U19 to 3rd Liga now linked with 2BL jump.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    going from 1 3rd Liga club to another.

while Kader continues to be a flop, currently in Turkey 3rd division.
    https://www.aachener-zeitung.de/spo...-verpflichtung-von-cagatay-kader_aid-38914287

someone who we rarely bring up these days is 98-Utku Sen.
    played for one of the worst teams in RL Nord, where he ended up with
    10 goals and 1 assist in 24 games

also he scored supposedly a fantastic goal in leg 1 in a 1-0 win of the relegation playoff, 3-0 win on aggregate. Doing well enough for such a bad club to move up in the Summer.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Bayern youth insider.
    1135269547383148545 is not a valid tweet id

Hasan and company said they offered Klose (u17 coach) to coach U19 next season. Looks like he accepted. He's bringing with him 3 U17/03 players who are eligible for U17 next season.

03-Rhein, Gunther and Bruckner, so they are being upped.

wonder if they keep Reneilt, Herold, Fust and Denk in U17 or up them too? I think these guys will depend on space, I mean next season U19 is last season for 01 and 1st real one for 02s, so they might get a few chances throughout the season but likely won't be the focus. Not including numerous 03s were playing in U16 this season, wonder if any make big impression in U17 next season.

next season Bayern U17 is likely leftover 03s+03s from U16 and what I'm curious about is 04 upping Kabadayi was upped and like 5 04s have been playing U16 all season even if they are U15 so they could be upped to U17.

10. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Yes. No final decision

If he isn’t good enough or wanted by Germany , and got an offer from England

I think it’s logical to keep the door opened.

At least he has made a switch already

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not going to bring up final decision but for 01s he'll be very useful playing for Germany U19. U20 (next U20 WC is 01-onwards if we fail to make it than friendlies), and U21. Maybe even Olympics too as Olympics is 97-onwards in 2020 (unlikely for him) and then jumps to 01-onwards for 2024 (more fitting)

remember we lost our bye to elite round which means Oct 2019 a player like him could be provisionally capped by Germany since he only played U16 with England (no competitive games).

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    99-Fein to Koln?
    Adrian Fein had a successful loan with Jahn Regensburg in the 2.Bundesliga during the 2018-19 season, and it looks like the defensive midfielder could now find himself playing in the Bundesliga next season. While Bayern Munich are reportedly very high on Fein, another loan is probably on the cards.

Various reports across Germany have linked Fein with a potential loan move to Koln. The newly promoted side the Bundesliga has a new coach, Achim Beierlorzer, who is joining the club from, you guessed it, Jahn Regensburg. He’s reportedly very high on Fein and would jump at the chance to bring him to Koln for the upcoming season.
    https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...hn-regensburg-loan-success-defensive-midfield

13. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Arne Maier and Amiri are both in the U21 training camp , and both are more or less healthy

It’s still a big question mark of who will be cut, there will be 4 players

One of the strikers : either Nmecha or Teuchert, probably Koch and Klunter are possible candidates.

If Lowen can play a more defensive role, I think Arne Maier isn’t needed. Maxi Eggestein n Serdar can also contribute defensively in the midfield

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol wtf

Thomas Tuchel on PSG's German academy news: "It is particularly pleasing for me to see PSG develop in Germany. This academy will share PSG's footballing vision with young Germans & offer them quality coaching."

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like 00 CF Hermes from Freiburg U19 is moving to Mainz II. Weird move, I mean Mainz already rates and will try to integrate 2 00 CFs in Akono and Burkardt, very unlikely room for 3 or more.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nmecha is drawn to the Bundesliga

"I'll do my best at the European Championships, and if I come back to ManCity afterwards, maybe I'll do the preparation, maybe I'll be on loan again, maybe I'll come to Germany too, "said the 20-year-old, the last of England's champions Manchester City was lent to Preston. "There are prospects, there are some clubs in the Bundesliga. That would be great for me, because I speak German, because I would feel right at home. I like the football that is played in Germany. "

Maybe a track leads to Mönchengladbach. The Borussia is, inter alia, after the departure of Thorgan Hazard to Borussia Dortmund in search of new forces in the attack, also maintains manager Eberl for years, good contact with England. Again and again Gladbach brought young talented players from the island.

Last year, for example, Gladbach was on Liverpool's youngster Rhian Brewster (19) turn and committed offensive player Keanan Bennetts (20) from the offspring of Tottenham Hotspur. It is quite possible that, among other things, the Borussians have now extended their feelers for the nimble yet robust Nmecha. In addition, Nmecha's mother is from Gladbach.

"I'm still a city player, my contract will run until 2021. Before I was loaned to Preston, coach Pep Guardiola told me that he appreciates me and keeps an eye on my development. I was supposed to stay that way, but I wanted to have a lot of match practice and that's why I got it from Preston, "said Nmecha, who might also be looking for a chance at his home club." I have to believe in myself. But there are so many good players, it will be difficult, but that can help too. There are pros and cons to playing in such a big team. "
    https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball...rtikel_nmecha-zieht-es-in-die-bundesliga.html

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's not too bad that Hermes will go to Mainz II. Whether he plays Mainz II or Freiburg II, he's not a 1st team prospect since those 2 teams are stacked with striker options especially Freiburg. He has to use Mainz II to do as well as possible for a future move up.

meanwhile a player who's career is going nowhere, 97-Jan Ferdinand went from Stuttgart II to Hoff II. Feel bad for him that he'll be 23 and still playing in RL. Needs to do better next season to jump higher in 2020-2021.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund update from Zorc himself.

But Michael Zorc still sees the 23 year old as a midfield option for next season. In an interview with Funke Sport, Zorc said:

“We currently have four central midfielders in Weigl, Witsel, Delaney and Dahoud – four seasoned players. Add to that the young Tobias Raschl from our U19s. And then we have Patrick Osterhage, an interesting young player, who unfortunately was injured more often in the past, but we still have him in view.”

“Julian has a long-term contract with us and we have no intention whatsoever to change anything.”
    https://bvbbuzz.com/2019/05/30/michael-zorc-borussia-dortmund-no-intention-selling-julian-weigl/

00-Raschl and 01-Unbehaun already officially signed their pro contracts a few months ago. There were recent reports that Dortmund U19 captain 00-Osterhage signed a pro contract as well. Seems from this both are rated but for now Raschl is very close to the 1st team, with 3 competitions he's likely to get chances and Osterhage is not far behind. Raschl is DM while Osterhage is CM.

that is likely it for 00 at Dortmund in terms of 1st team prospect though. The others they have to truly make an impression on the club in II to even be considered, not counting the obvious mass injuries.

I mean
    OUT officially: Missner (going to 2BL)

TM has
    II: Schell, Aydinel, Kehr
    OUT: Besong (unknown), von Cysewski (unknown), Ibrahim (unknown)

Zauner is reported to have plenty of clubs being interested in him.
    I'm curious to see where Besong and Ibrahim end up.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if Dortmund end up promoting both Raschl and Osterhage wonder what's the chances that 02-Hetemi and 03-Lutke-Frie who are interesting midfielders also get promotion? I mean they are in similar positions. This isn't like Moukoko, Gencoglu, Semic etc who play in different positions so less of an issue.

20. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Lowen can play striker when needed, did that last season in 2BL and this season in 1BL for a few times. Big and strong

Are they gonna take 4 strikers? Waldschmidt, Serra, Eggestein already provide different options. If we need a backup targetman we can use Lowen there when needed

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

also looks like D.Otto is an exception for Heidenheim who are trying to avoid loaning in players from other clubs. But the story did go that it was the Heidenheim CEO and coach who were very high on getting Otto to develop him.
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/1-fc-heidenheim-otto-ausleihe-gegen-den-trend/

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sheesh some of these players seem to be stuck in the same level.

96 CF Duker is once again back in 3rd Liga, I mean he's spent the last 3 seasons in 3rd Liga, did well enough there and did well enough in 2BL in limited game time but no career progress it seems. At this rate we won't see Duker in 2BL until past his mid-20s.

Paderborn is also dumping their strikers on loan to 3rd Liga. Duker to Meppen and Pfeiffer to WK. All that's left is Tietz who should have 2BL interest......

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    00-P.Kabuya and his twin brother J.Kabuya interview.

90min: Patrice, why did you decide to leave the concord and join Hamburger SV?

Patrice: The situation with the professionals in Frankfurt is currently very difficult to prevail there. There is no second team there either. But I did not like the decision alone. We discussed and decided together as a family with our advisor. Therefore, it is better to go the way with a team that also has a second team. There I am right there and get my playing time. With the HSV I got a good option. I was there then, I looked at everything and was directly convinced.

90min: You were promoted to professional because of a DFL-edition at Eintracht. How do you evaluate this process with hindsight?

Patrice: I would have wished that I had a contract on a "normal" way. But of course other players could have got the contract, I was not the only player with a German passport and over 18 years. But I was also told that in preparation for my cruciate ligament tear in autumn 2017, I was the best man, so I signed the contract. Last but not least because of the fact that I had convinced on the position.

90min: With you there were a few positional experiments last. Where do you look most likely and do you already know where HSV is planning you?

Patrice: I feel most comfortable on the two outer striker positions, left and right. Right fits a bit more to me. Also, the HSV has already stated that you see me ahead. Or that I play in a 3-4-3 on the right wing. We did not have a classic right-back this season. Therefore, I was used in some games there as well. But overall, I played more offensive than defensive. In the pros, we also played with the triple chain, because I was also seen as a backup for more Da Costa. Therefore, I had to learn the processes quickly and get involved. It could happen at any time that I am allowed to play on top.

90min: Justin, have you already had talks with Eintracht about a professional contract?

Justin: No, there was no movement yet.

90min: Are you looking for a new job similar to your brother?

Justin: I was also at HSV and I looked at it too, but we came to the conclusion that we should separate better because of possible comparisons, although it was already very good sporty and human. But then I take a different path. I am therefore in talks. This will become apparent in the coming weeks.

90min: How valuable was the experience for you to train with the pros last year?

Justin: That was definitely a change from the U19 to the first team. The pace is much higher. You must know in advance what you want to do. In the U19 you can take the ball again, trick again. That's something else with the pros. And to form the double top together with Sebastian Haller in the training game was a great experience.

90min: Were there any tips from the players?

Patrice: I've been in a professional training game where I played with Sebastian Rode, Jonathan de Guzman and Co. Before the game, I then talked to a few of the players who then gave me tips on how to run, what to do. Since you have already seen a big difference to the U19. Since I have already received balls and have been staged, as it is not possible in the U19. As a result, I had a lot more ball actions and was able to do much more action. Since you have taken a lot. Haller, for example, always gives gas. In training and in the game. He does not switch gears back, not even in the friendly match. He always wants to win. Furthermore, I was allowed to play in a friendly match with the professionals, in which coached Adi Hütter with coaching team at the line, over the full distance against a Kreisoberligisten from near our place of residence as the only young professional. That felt really good and was also a great experience.

90min: How do you rate the overall work of U19 coach Marco Pezzaiuoli? Do Eintracht talents have a good chance to prove themselves to the pros?

Patrice: At the beginning we could not practice at all. That came later in 2018. But that was not always synonymous with all players. That was more of a kind of substitute training. Since you have already desired more. I even think that the guys from the 1999 vintage last year were allowed to practice more and were in friendlies than we did this season. It was said before the season nor that you want to try to pull up most of the players from our year. For a long time, our vintage was considered a golden vintage. But it didn't work out as we had imagined this season. There was also a lot of unrest.

90min: Can you say that a U23 is missing in Eintracht, as a transition from the U19 to the pros?

Justin: I think that would make it all different again, if you had another one or two years to develop and show for the pros.

90min: Would that have been an argument for you not to change the club?

Patrice: Definitely. We have been playing here for ten years now. And if you feel comfortable and you can say that I can develop the best here, then staying in the second team would be absolutely realistic.

Father: It would definitely have been another option to say: Ok, we are from Frankfurt and for players there is certainly nothing better than to arrive at their own home club at the top. I think that too is an important factor.

The boys are proud, no question. They are in the club for so long, that is relatively rare. The wish would have been self-evident that one had let the boys practice much earlier up. They also had the pleasure of talking to Adi Hütter during training, where he showed them the strengths as well as the weaknesses. He said, "We know what your weaknesses are, that's what we work on." After that, nothing came. Therefore, this throws rather a negative light on the promotion of young talent. Of course, the Eintracht sport is currently very good. But the golden talents should be promoted accordingly.

90min: Where is there still room for improvement in Eintracht in the junior department?

Justin: Our training conditions are still expandable. Our training turf, for example, is not so good, it has many holes. Also our playing lawn could be better. If you look to Stuttgart or Hoffenheim, they have better places.

90min: In which of your colleagues do you see the biggest potential for a breakthrough?

Patrice: There are two who definitely make it. Sahverdin Cetin (defensive midfielder, editor's note) and Nils Stendera (defensive midfielder, editor's note), the pair are definitely in the pros next season. But there are still one or two others where it can still work.
    https://www.90min.de/posts/6382788-...uation-bei-den-profis-in-frankfurt-ist-schwer

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what I've been saying no II team is a big mistake especially for youth promotion, RB, Bayer and Frankfurt are problem clubs for no II. They also talk about those bull pro contracts from Frankfurt and the long way to go for that club in terms of youth work.

and of course they talk about themselves as players.

although seems like Cetin and Stendera have a shot with the 1st team. Stendera is signed until 2022 which is very rare for Frankfurt as pro contracts usually end with their last U19 season or 1 later like Cetin (wonder if there is extension clause?) or 2 like Knothe and Beyreuther. But his is 3 years post U19 and Frankfurt seems to rate 00-Nils Stendera more than his injury prone bro 95-Marc Stendera.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    tomorrow U17 Championship Semi-Finals. Koln plays Bayern.

A preview of the team from Koln site.

Koln side
    The goalkeeping position shared the U17 national player Vincent Friedsam (eleven games) and Daniel Adamczyk (15 games), which were responsible for ten "to-zero matches". The greatest support they found in the very strong fighting central defender and Turkish Under-17 international Yusuf Örnek, who organized the defense with much peace and serenity.

Head of the team was captain and U17 international Sebastian Papalia, who provided in the central defensive midfield for the protection of the offensive, but also initiated with clever passes numerous attacks. The cream of the team was the offensive with U16 international Florian Wirtz and the two U17 internationals Marvin Obuz and Jan Thielmann, who acted very fast on the wings, were self-scoring, but also prepared some of the 18 goals this season from center forward Jacob Anton Jansen ,

Bayern side
    Outstanding defenders are Roman Reinelt, Under-16 international, and Jamie Lawrence, Under-17 international. Above all, the fast and dangerous U16 internationals Torben Rhein and Lasse Günther shine in the offensive.
    https://effzeh.com/saison-der-u17-des-1-fc-koeln-alles-andere-als-normal/

although not mentioned is that 02-Tillman and 02-Lemperle (mentioned) who moved up to U19 early could be played tomorrow as well. Thielmann is also a CF so can play W/CF. Also Denk, Fust etc did pretty well this season.

Also includes even more people who really rate 03-Wirtz. Here were past reactions from fans, this was the Koln U17 vs Dortmund U17, top 2 teams in West clashing.
    "Wirtz was incredibly agile, also set the standards and otherwise had the game under control. About him was almost every attack. Above all, technically worked extremely well!
    The boy was fun! Just like Obuz!
    I was really impressed with that, because that does not look that hard at times, but as the player passes by, it looks like Messi's and I mean no joke now. He just walks past 3-4 people with little feint. Extremely narrow ball guidance. Unfortunately, with him the last action was always missing. But you also have to say that the Dortmund have a strong defense!
    They put up a lot of defensive play here and hoped for a quick counterattack on Moukoko. That is already stark how strong they are dependent on him."

another poster
    "Wirtz is in my eyes the biggest talent in this very strong U17. What delivers as a younger year, is already very impressive. Let's hope that we can continue to hold him in our youth teams and he can withstand the temptations of the big clubs / NLZ (Leipzig, Bavaria, England)."

he did the same vs France U16, easily dribbling past player, also picked up an assist with good team up with Gedikli. But seems like he has the same issue as 03-Gunther from Bayern.I mean Gunther seems to easily go by players but lacks that killer efficiency, although is efficient enough, Gunther could be even deadlier with more efficiency and work on his heading skills. There was a match either this season or last (either way playing up his age group, as this season in U17 playing up his age group and if it was U16 last season he was playing up an age group) were Gunther destroyed the Augsburg defense all game long but couldn't finish his chances, lol. Same thing happened vs France U16, instead of scoring a hat trick only ended up scoring 1, should have easily had 2 at the min. Also KHR used to compare Gunther with Gareth Bale. In the end these 2 03s attacking players need to improve on that efficiency.

also of course Bayern U17 is the younger team of the 2. Where Bayern's squad is mostly 03s while Koln it's majority 02 with Wirtz being the only 03 starter while Kettig, Castrop, Schmid and a few others are back ups.