Review: German Players Performance Thread 2014/15

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Werder's Marnon Busch is a rising right-back prospect to consider for the future. Ha's made good progress in his development this season, emerging now with the first team. A really well equipped and robust player with a strong well-built frame and speed on the flanks. Able to utilize his physicality and is snappy in the tackle and duels. Offers a lot offensively as well. Scored against Wolfsburg last week, and an active wing presence delivering good crosses into the box.

2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think he has a chance to emerge. Its crazy how Werder Bremen just start 3 Germans in their lineup nowadays. Actually his performace was just ok or even below par before he scored the goal against Wolfsburg.

Interesting fact, Sebastian Rudy is now another "rising" right back as well. Since he has been transformed to ply at RB in recent weeks, since he was used by Loew at that position aginst Argentina in the friendly

Jonas Hector is a left back who i think has been impresive everytime i saw him play. Very solid and consistent

3. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah, best players so far are Wimmer (CB) and Horn. But Hector adjusts well to the BL. Another left back who originally played a other position

4. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Whats your comment about Hector then?

5. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is a pretty well balanced left back with good offensive runs down the line,decent pace and very solid defending, good in the one-one duells, not much fouls. But he needs some time, National team is probably to early. But maybe he gets a chance in November vs. Spain when the Dortmund and Bayern players will get a break

Epitome990 and Kirsten19 repped this.
  6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Another strong performance by Hector today vs Frankfurt. Scored a nice goal from a swift touch and finish. Also made a huge defensive play earlier with a goal clearance save. Both Köln assists were sharply delivered by Vogt.

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Mark Uth makes it 1-0 for Heerenveen. Great instinct in the box to get on end of that cross. 5th goal this season.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Lasogga scored versus Dortmund, but one thing I've noticed is his lack of match fitness. Compared to last season, he appears to be missing is the liveliness which allowed him to press and assert his game accordingly. The goal was an encouraging sign but he still has work to do reach form.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Kirsten19 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  11. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I thought Draxler and Schuerrle were injured and missed training too. New players?

13. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Besides keepers, team has only 14 players. Need to call up replacements. All these injuries....

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Draxler has recovered from the flu and is training with the NT. Schürrle also expected to be ready in time for the match vs Poland.

Bellarabi is in great form to start of this season and can be an impact player. Hahn and Neustädter should be options to consider for providing depth.

15. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hahn is not even performing well for Gladbach and has been benched lately; Neustadter is injured and i think he has just recovered

Grosskreutz, Herrmann and Volland are some other options.

Was wondering if Loew will bring in Lars bender as well.... just Kroos and Kramer at DM is a risky move

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Hahn has done more for Gladbach overall than Herrmann. Anyways, both are options I would welcome. Neustädter was not injured, merely just a cut on the face and would be ready if called upon. He's been Schalke's steadiest defensive player this season. Grosskreutz plays a utility-man and camaraderie role, but I won't actually expect to see him play any minutes. His play has also been subpar lately. Volland worth a consideration, though he still has work to do to reach top form.

17. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #92 Kirsten19, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    There isnt a targetman in the entire roster. Wonder if Loew should bring in one as plan B/alternative if we need play more direct (when timing is running out and we are behind)

Gomez is injured, but someone like Lasogga, Kiessling or Mark Uth

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kirsten, the reason no target man is on the roster is because no target man is good enough and Kießling is done with Löw. Period. Players should earn their caps on merit; I don't think we should call up the Sebastian Polters of the world just "becuz targetman". And it's not like Müller is even that bad in the air anyways.

19. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As if Kießling is good enough to earn a call.

Hahn performs very good for Gladbach, Favre just rotates a lot during the last weeks, that's all

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #95 MatthausSammer, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    If freaking Bellarabi (who, by the way, has zero CL success) can get into the much more crowded German AM rotation by having a hot start to the season, Kießling should be in the CF rotation. We've played out this song and dance before. The only way to even consider justifying that statement is to unreasonably and unfairly weight the CL for the purposes of singling out Kießling and no one else IMO. Klose gets held to that same standard and he falls similarly short, yet he was a starter meanwhile Kießling is apparently terrible and doesn't merit a look-in.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  21. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I fairly disagree. I think he adds nothing the NT can use, Bellarabi for sure plays a much better season to this point than Kießling.

22. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sebastian Polter is an overstatement

But Lasogga was nominated back in March for example; and Mark Uth is doing well in Dutch League with Heerenveen (club produced Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar and Tomasson) and is the 2nd place in the scoring chart.

Those are realistic options. I am not talking about Selke, Max Philipp and Timo Werner (a poacher) who are already starting for their clubs as CFs.

The team still need a targetman in the roster, in case we need an alternative plan. If the short-passing oriented tactics do nto work, can we play more direct? We need a plan B. Arsenal have demonstrated how important a plan B can be and they seemed to suffer without one. For an ideal roster, you need a good mix of players who can provide different skillset to the team.

Just imagine, if we dont have good keepers, does it mean we dont bring in any keeper at all? No. and apparently at the back we still have Durm and Rudy who are few levels below our others players. They are there because we dont have fullbacks.

So why isnt Loew brining in at least a targetman is beyond me.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Daniel Ginczek making a positive display on his return scoring 4 goals in a test match for Stuttgart.

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a superb display of unselfishness by Müller and Lewandowski. And Götze's confidence and assuredness is ten times better than it was last season. Definitely a positive.