Review: German Players Development Discussion - 2018/19

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, May 26, 2018.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    New thread to track developments of German players at home or abroad for the upcoming 2018/19 season.

Discuss.

Karl-Heinz Riedle and Ger90 repped this.
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Marius Wolf to Dortmund until 2023.

Epitome990 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    35 year old Alexander Meier is leaving Frankfurt.

was injured all season playing only 3 minutes and scoring in that 3 minutes, lol.

It's a shame if he never manages to hit the triple digits. The guy is currently at the 93 1BL career goals. Only 7 away from 100.

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, Tedesco is going striker overkill at Schalke.

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What’s the plan with Teuchert now??

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not sure I want Bauer in 2BL, he's been in 1BL for the last 3 seasons. And still played almost 1000 minutes at Bremen, even if he wasn't satisfied.

between Benno and Bader I think, Koln have enough RBs.

His competition at FD are these 2
    93-Jean Zimmer, 0 1BL experience
    88-Julian Schauerte, 0 1BL experience

Epitome990 repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Tobias sticks it out in Italy and to his goal of playing Serie A next season, even with all the 1BL and Eredivisie interest in him. While FCN just recently are bringing in 99 RB Kevin Goden to the club. If Pachonik goes to FCN, then there will be even less chances for the kid.

we seem likely to be getting more and more German players in Serie A next season, especially defensive ones.

Epitome990 repped this.
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Koray Günter as well with his supposed move to Genoa. Although that signing is yet to be finalized. Will be interesting if he's able to work his way back into getting his career finally on track.

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of Serie A and Germans defenders. Boa is being linked with Napoli where Ancelotti has been hired at. Very recently there were Mustafi and Juventus links.

if Pachonik goes to Serie A that's another one, on top of Robin Gosens already in Fiorentina.

while if Boa leaves looks like Hoff's Kevin Vogt is his replacement at Bayern.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The league that we need to start cracking again is La Liga. We've had plenty of known players throughout the decades play their but recently it's been pretty empty outside of Kroos and ter Stegen. Geis is there on loan but he seems unlikely to stay at that mess that is Sevilla, they had like 3 coaches during the season and everytime he had to reestablish himself to a new coaches. He's also had no involvement in any of the games were Sevilla got trashed this season, which is 7 games outside of 1 sub appearance.

there are a few Germans in the lower levels in Spain. Although only 1 seems to have decent chance of rising. The other 1-2 guys are older and unlikely to rise up.

19. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see Werner in Madrid in a couple of years if Bayern can’t sign him.

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    actually plenty of the German young/youth players have been linked to making La Liga moves over the last season.
    Werner, Sane, Goretzka, Meyer, Henrichs, Kimmich, Weigl, Brandt, Tah, Amiri, at the top of my head but there are others too.

mostly the 95-96 age groups, a few others in that age groups once they really establish themselves will attract interest as well. I'm sure once the 98-onwards start to really establish themselves their will be even more interest in our players.

don't get me started on EPL, they seem interested in most of our young players even the ones currently in the youth levels.:laugh:

but in the end it's good that most of them stayed put. We don't want young players going to Spain or EPL and being ruined. They should go if ever once there a lot more established and years of experience.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Dominick Drexler to Danish league champions, FC Midtjylland is official.

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Drexler joins the long list of players who never played 1BL but move abroad. I think after this season for sure he had 1BL interest, wonder why he decided to go to Denmark?

Kopke should emulate Ducksch and avoid anything England. He needs to establish himself 1st in Germany.

that was terrible of Frankfurt.
    Alexander Meier is very sad that Eintracht Frankfurt announced on Monday that his contract will not be renewed.

Meier: "I can't imagine coming home from vacation, not landing in Frankfurt and starting training with Eintracht. It's very sad, I'm very sad. I wanted to end my career at Eintracht." "I'm very sorry I didn't even get to say goodbye to the fans. In the stadium or on other ways"

Meier wants to stay fit during his USA vacation: "So that I can start right away. [...] I am absolutely healthy, I am absolutely fit and I think I can still keep up."

The Frankfurter Rundschau writes that "after 14 long years, he was dumped on Monday evening at exactly 8 p.m. by press release. It is unworthy, it would be unthinkable for other clubs and players with such merits."

In addition, the Frankfurter Rundschau reports: "[The] Sporting Management of Eintracht [...] took a look at Meier, and they think he's too slow, not explosive enough, working too little for the team."
    source: https://twitter.com/GERFootDaily

Epitome990 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Schauerte going to Belgian side KAS Eupen. Which could make Bauer to Düsseldorf an even better option

https://www.ligainsider.de/mobile/julian-schauerte_4236/kas-eupen-verpflichtet-schauerte-247676/

Ger90 repped this.