Review: German Players Development Discussion - 2017/18

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I wouldn't mind seeing Geis back at Schalke, if Tedesco is able to utilize him properly. He showed good quality during his early days at Mainz, so hopefully he finds his place again. Schalke also need midfield reinforcements quickly to recuperate from the loss of Meyer and Goretzka.

Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    would be nice to see Geis come back and taking Meyer's place as DM. Kubler promoted and slowly integrated and then maybe buy another midfielder. With Schalke likely to be in 1BL, Cup, CL, they really need that reinforcements.

3. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do we know if Juventus is going to buy Howedes or if he is going to return at Schalke?

Also where is Kevin Trapp going?

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Trapp is rumored for Dortmund although with Tuchel likely the next PSG coach, who knows if he wants him to stay or not.

as for Howedes, according to Christian Heidel, seems like there will be discussions between Schalke and Juventus about his future. Looks like he had a price of $13 Million if he played 25 games. But because of injuries he's nowhere near that number. So now it's negotiable.

5. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    What's with Gnabry?

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  7. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
  8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    I don't see the issue. Hoffenheim have also been one of the fastest rising clubs lately. What Meyer needs is opportunity and perspective. He will be a first team player and can continue developing with Nagelsmann, one of the top young coaches around. Kicker also picking up on the interest. I'd rather see him at Hoffenheim than RB Leipzig anyways, or a large club abroad where he gets lost in a large rotation.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...l_hoffenheim_laeuft-da-was-mit-max-meyer.html

dips82 and Ger90 repped this.
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    dips82 and Ger90 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some Eredivisie updates
    -Schwaab had an assist, his 3rd of the season in a 3-3 draw
    -Alexander Laukart (expiring contract 2020) and Stefan Thesker (expiring contract 2019) have been relegated to 2nd division. Thesker is also the captain.
    -In a 4-1 win for Roda, Engels scored his 1st of the season while Dani Schahin scored his 9th of the season. All but certain Roda is headed to relegation playoffs.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gnarby may be fighting to be fit in time. Shame

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just realized that we have a German player in the Portuguese league, German-Brazilian in 26 year old Rodrigo Pinho.
    11 goals and 2 assists in 36 games in all competition.

never noticed him because most sites has him with a Brazilian flag. Seems born in Germany but started his career in Brazil before moving to Portugal.

reminds me of how I always forget that Joselu of Newcastle is eligible for Germany.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After Pascal Gross won the best Brighton player of the year.

Now Christopher Schindler wins the best Huddersfield player of the year!!! From both fans and teammates.

He did a fantastic job if Huddersfield get relegated, I'm sure there would be tons of EPL interest in him. Every game I've seen of him this season he's been pretty good.

Epitome990 repped this.
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    oh well, sounds bad but 2 games left and Schalke are guaranteed CL. He's leaving in the Summer anyways, also explains why he was benched in the last few games.

Can't blame him.

18. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I want Bayern to sell Thiago and get Meyer for free....Thiago has been a disappointment mostly and won't be surprised if he has another anonymous game against Madrid tomorrow.....Meyer is 5 years younger, still has a high ceiling and can play as both CM and CAM like Thiago does....I want Javi, Tollisso, Meyer, Goretzka and Rudy to Marshall Bayern midfield for next season....Vidal and Thiago should be gone

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I always think Kevin Vogt deserves more credit here. Not anything special statistically but he has been great everytime i watch a Hoffenheim match

amazingly underrated.

Always liked Vogt and Uth from that Hoffenheim team.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like Spurs are very keen on Bittencourt and have been for awhile also said that Monaco, Hoff are interested in him. Guy has plenty of other interest from 1BL and abroad besides these clubs and Bremen.
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...ed-vom-1-fc-koeln-55557948.bild.html#fromWall

also read somewhere else where's it's said that he's interested in an EPL move.

Recently Bittencourt said that he wants to make the German NT senior squad post WC. From that you know that an EPL move could help his case especially if he performs.

22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Karius is having a great great game VS Roma

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's what's harsh about the German NT, even a CL finalist keeper might not even make a tournament squad.

24. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd bring in Karius for sure if i m Loew

We are talking about a 3rd string GK who barely plays. Why bring in a veteran? No point. Let the young keeper gets some experience

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like Max Meyer is headed towards EPL, Arsenal or Liverpool. With Bayern and Barcelona also scooting him.
    https://talksport.com/football/tran...gn-schalke-star-max-meyer-summer-180503281361

honestly, I never get the logic of a club being interested in a player when there is currently no coach next season as is the case with Arsenal. So what if the new guy has no interest in you or doesn't like how you play, etc?