German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    2014 the last time Germany would produce a u20 winning side, or even a top 4 finish. It's only balanced by this year finally seeing a new generation of youth talent brought into the senior team, establishing a new strong core of players to lead the side for the next decade.

It means I don't know how important it is for Germany to continue high placings in this tournament anymore (the next few cycles), but I still feel like it would be a mistake for Germany to get into a habit of allowing mediocre teams to show up to u20 WC's.

Küver, Brand, Oberdorf, the key players from this generation who will be strong senior wnt additions. It's hard to say this cycle hasn't already done it's job, even if this team nowhere near the previous standards...:unsure:; but I'd still like to see Germany try to send tournament winning level teams to FIFA's big events.

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wait, so Babett Peter’s coaching this team? :confused::confused:

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    L
    my bad, it someone named Kathryn Peter instead

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Kathrin Peter... now an 8 Time Frauen-Bundesliga Champion, 7 Time DFB Pokal winner, 1 Time UWCL winner. Who also holds international accomplishments of 1 WWC winners medal, a Euro championship winners medal, alongside Bronze and Gold Olympic medals.

Who's this Babett Peter person....:giggle:

blissett repped this.
  5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1830 Batfink, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    A facial injury suffered during the game Vs New Zealand, will force Wamser to miss the remainder of Germany's U20 WWC.

No details if this will also force her to miss the start of Frankfurt's season. But despite her still highly erratic performances as a winger, I remain intrigued by Wamser's future potential as a club level FW...:cautious:

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 I don't believe UEFA's reps have sent their best possible teams to this years u20 WC. But I see the Netherland's somehow beat USA 3-0...o_O

I'm not convinced by the standard of this tournament compared to past events, and don't know anything about the USwnt either. But I'm pretty sure I warned you about your initial celebrations seeing UEFA's reps start so badly...:whistling:

"as is Euro sucked in their first round games 3 losses/1 draw(but keep on giving your Euro analysis in what works at u20, lol"
    [​IMG]

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pretty sure I also wrote that the tourney will be dominated by third world countries(socially, i do consider Asian countries 3rd world too) as well highly critical about the US chances

2nd round; while it’s you who keeps condemning Germany—-I gave it’s performance heads up:thumbsup:

US; already mentioned it’s led upfront by two 17 year olds & a 16 year old slow pokish CAM named Moultrie who’s dad sued successfully the NWSL to have her play in it(the lawyer’s fees probably more than the crappy salaries the league offers). A lot of elitism in American youth soccer(makes me wonder if the dad was behind trying to make his daughter the star of this particular squad? lol)

Not watching this tourney(other than highlights), so can’t tell how good some the other teams are, but too many of world’s best youth players are missing this tourney. Germany alone missing Brand & Kuver/US missing Messimo & Rodman(who just got minted on the FIFA Ballon D’Orr short list)
    ——————-

Hegering out of action for “several weeks” do to “foot injury”

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And this latest 'Whataboutism' still doesn't work lol, as your point on weaker senior wnt's having strong junior programs, isn't information everyone didn't already understand; with your ideas on what qualifies Asian countries as 3rd world in women's sport, completely irrelevant to my initial point on UEFA's obvious strength at this age group too.

This a subject much broader than you make it seem... I'm only going to address the more obvious fact here, that democratic-industrialized nations, within the American arena of influence, aren't the only places elite female athletes can exist.

But trying to place nations like South Korea, Australia, Japan, in the same arena of less developed nations in women's sport (pro sports) as Ghana, or Nigeria...:confused:

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1834 Batfink, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    [​IMG]
    You still haven't even seen them play... all you've done is say everything looks great having watched two curated highlight packages, believing this fraction of information magically allows you to make huge assertions opposing anything I'm saying lol.

But I know what strong German wnt's will typically look like, even praising the u19's style of play, despite their highly underwhelming group stage Euro's exit. And in this tournament, I've so far only seen these players involved in two surprisingly low quality matches of football, where yet again it's lead to the same poor debate concerning physicality arise...:rolleyes:

Germany would have 306 passes, compared to New Zealand's 256 lol. But someone who didn't even see anything beyond highlights, is going to tell me I'm wrong about the tactical negatives I'm highlighting, for a wnt program known to be rather ineffective in battles of kick chase, or 1v1 themed football...:whistling:

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK... so I'm on the right path believing this tournaments extended delay, producing a lower standard of play than what we're typically used to seeing at u20 WC's...:cautious:

So lets see if Peter can finally remember she still has a UWCL experienced CAM in Corley, and Bundesliga regular winger in Sternad both needlessly sat on her bench. As what I've seen, quicker decision making, and basic execution, a real problem these two players could definitely help solve in the attacking third of the field.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You made me look at the list lol...
    [​IMG]
    I don't know a lot about Rodman... but I guess if Oshoala's always impressive speed but rather limited technique allowed her to be on this list, why not Rodman for doing.... soooomething... impressive... mayyyyybe, lol...:unsure:

Not a major surprise to me... her career defined by constant injury. This is why MVT shouldn't get comfortable with having established players being the only options for her team.

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you really can't compare the current u20 squad with the German youth program is overall in great shape & especially with the record interest(as you've mentioned) should improve even further.
    look at the u20 squad of 2016 and that too was kinda underwhelming too, yet still did as well as the stacked 2018 squad(Oberdorf, Buhl, Gwinn)
    Germany U20 vs. France U20 - 25 November 2016 - Women Soccerway

so goes to show how unimportant this tourney is to overall woso(Oberdorf was just 22 days too old for the stupid cut off age of this tourney)

(whether it's 2016 or 2018 u20 champs N Korea or Japan) Asian countries still lag behind in Women's Suffrage, as well as Nigeria(looking like early favorites for this one( Your choice to decide if there's an connection here)

Corley might just have some kinda medical condition. we don't know about.. Even at HOF she only played 800 mintues(about of an possible 1980 min league). She would have an ecellent first half, yet still taken out by the start of the 2nd.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The senior teams very recent success, had no help from a very unstable 5 years of incredibly poor leadership of this program, negatively effecting it's various world class talents.

I can't remember who I recently discussed this same point with... but look how long it's taken for a lot of the current squad filled with highly successful former junior internationals, to finally display a series of world class performances for the senior team...:speechless:

The global pandemic means this current u20 cycle is disjointed from the typical trends. But I think it's still fair to compare this current u20 side with players we've all seen within MVT's new system wide 4-3-3.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What you forget is prior to this, Germany also produced 3 consecutive u20 WC finalist level groupings of talent; meaning an off year where Freigang, Schüller, the only prominent names we see, probably a very reasonable after effect, given the resources it takes to create one strong team for this age group.

2017 would go on to produce a much stronger core of names, featuring Leitzig, Linder, Kleinherne, Feldkamp, Pawollek, Fellhauer... and then follow that through to an 2018 WC side adding Nüsken, Gwinn, Hechler, Bühl, Oberdorf, but surprisingly underwhelm as a very talented but confusing side.

Even with hindsight, it was easy to tell which teams will generally include the most talent. And right now, the 4 year gap appears to have denied various teams a significantly stronger core of players for this latest u20 event.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... unimportant...:confused: It should be pretty clear without the u-19/20 tournament cycle, Germany's senior team in A LOT more trouble right now with the poor leadership it's had over a recent number of years.

To come out on the other side of a late career Neid, a horribly novice Jones, an interim Hrubesch, with a frustrating Euro final defeat, and an exciting new look team in prime position to be the best in Europe for a number of years...o_OYou think this happens without Germany's players having a consistent success rate at u19/20 level..?

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Japan, China, Korea DPR, have defined the history of this tournament far more than African nations ever have (Africa having won a total... ZERO WC's). The idea their democratic process needing to more closely reflect American ideals, before it can be considered relevant, not making any sense, when you fully grasp the amount of success they've obtained doing things their own way.

I mean, Australia part of the AFC basically doing things the America way, nowhere near the standards set by these so called awful 3rd world east Asian nations...:coffee:

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... I think what Corley is suffering here, typically called fatigue lol...:giggle:

She's not injured right now, but simply being left out of the starting 11, by a coach who's either unware, or confused, why her team might be struggling in areas of composure/decision making, continuing to select various players still stuck in 2. Bundesliga football.

This team has more important issues to fix, but seeing Mattner, or Vobian, starting ahead of Bundesliga regulars....:confused:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Only to see the always contrarian hotjam2 say...

[​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I didn't see the defeat to Mexico, as I already knew what was about to happen. To me this latest group of u20 German players, not only forming the worst German u20 side I've ever witnessed, but probably also part of the worst collection of quality teams I've ever seen at a u20 WWC too.

Yes... I know Peter another new junior team coach introduced to the DFB, but I have a hard time believing France, Spain, and the Netherland's, could all handle a u19 Euro, and a u20 WC, happening in the same year, while Germany couldn't..:cautious:

Europe's reps for this years u20 WC chosen thanks to a 2020/21 UEFA Women's Under-19 Championship coefficient ranking list; yet again, I have to ask questions towards the nature of Germany's player analysis here, allowing them to construct a side so far below the standards of Europe's/world's other representatives, in a competition they posses a ridiculously impressive history...:confused:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It needs to be said, both Peter's u19/20 teams would appear eerily similar to MVT's teams prior the Euro's; where we'd see poor tactical application, producing consistently low quality performances as the norm for otherwise strong players, forced into roles they don't like, or can't perform.

From not understand Wamser's obvious attributes as a forward in a team lacking a #9, not grasping the need for 4-3-3 using a higher quality CAM like Corley to help apply smooth transitions to attacking moves, or not establishing a compact system for all her players to operate within.

Peter's u20 team appearing physically weak, technically inferior, and tactically flawed, against some of weakest opposition they could have faced lol. It was just like seeing MTV's seniors struggling again, at it's peak somehow being bad enough to lose to Serbia....:speechless:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I see all of UEFA reps beyond hotjam2's genuinely impressive Germany, made it past the u20's group stage lol...:rolleyes: Looking at Peter's options for this tournament though, I still find it really strange seeing such a uniquely bad side, allowed to be on the field at this latest u20 event.

Strong options like Küver, Schiemann, Pollak, all left out of the final 23, but I can't understand why Peter didn't even contemplate a more mature, potentially cohesive side like this...
    Sternad ----- Wamser -------- Zicai
    ----------------- Corley --------------------
    ---------- Gräwe ---- Weiduer ------------
    Hils ---- Diehm ----- Steck ---- Zimmer
    Peter selecting players from her u19 team ahead of more mature options, and randomly ignoring her squads blatant lack of a legit #9 too; there's no justification for seeing the same incredibly poor player analysis of the senior wnt, to show its face again but now within the u19/20 program....:unsure:

22. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    even though Bulgaria & Turkey will probably be the weakest teams Germany will face till next year's WC, yet MVT's not bringing anybody new to experiment with. So looks like MVT will just stay with an now an locked in; expierenced squad. almost 360 degree reversal from 2019 where she added an 17 & two 18 year olds. as well as remembering at 2013 Euros, Neid started up to 5 players from the previous 2012 u20. But as for now, MVT enriched since she didn't even have place for what you think would be next in line, Hagel/Nusken only in there due to Hegering injury(and probably stuck at FB if she gets any playing time at all) plus the possible return of Marozsan, Cerci & Leupolz.
    I fear Germany still needs to find another CB as good or as fast as Hendrich and possibly another striker as we don't know if Popp can dublicate that success again/Schuller & Freigang seem to be sputerring a bit as of late. and with all post injured players we don't really know if Cerci can make an successful recovery from ACL
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meantime, England has announced the retirement of both Elen White & Jill Scott. So I gather despite them winning on home ground, behind-the-scene, Wiegman probably told them their too old to make it for her WC squad & looking to add on younger, fresher players instead

so interesting to see how these two different approaches

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I typically leave athlete's private lives out of the everyday rotation of online discussion... but without knowing her personally, I'll say f*ck Cancer, and hope she'll return to full health for her family and friends.

datschge and blissett repped this.