German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well... the introduction of Hendrich and Hegering meant the defense was already set. But with the nature of this group being so reliant on Germany winning their first 2 games, we'll see how MVT's mid-field, and attack, settle over the next 2 matches...:unsure:

I mean, you can swap forwards around and still get the same results, but leaving Lattwein out against Denmark still seems risky to me...:cautious:, while not having her start next to Oberdorf in a double 6 when facing Spain, would be... worrying lol.

hotjam2 having to watch Spain pass the ball 600 times facing Finland...
    [​IMG]

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    guess you have'nt see Switzerland play, lol, but NI looked like an 3nd division game out there

here's the configuration for both teams, Denmark, sticking with it's 3-back
    Germany vs. Denmark - 8 July 2022 - Women Soccerway

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think it's safe to assume, most neutrals are only watching this game, to see if Germany's wnt still a joke, or a potential threat again...:coffee:

I expect the crowed support to be for Denmark, with most neutrals worst nightmare seeing a strong German wnt finally show up again lol.

So I'm hoping the least MVT can do is develop a siege mentality within this group of players now, as it could work very well as compensation for the coach not having any aptitude for tactics.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Match hasn't even started, and I've already heard how much the world has caught up to Germany, while not once do they discuss this acknowledging how the USwnt pulls further away from the rest of the pack lol

Instead of saying Germany's leadership is trash, it's all about how the world got better; ignoring how it's only Germany who's apparently feeling the effects.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Stefi Jones predicts an 3-1 win for Germany. I bet that’s what she predicted last time around!

6. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I remember during the early years, when women's international soccer consisted of the US, Germany, Norway, China and sometimes Brazil and it was mainly Germany that really looked like they were the probable successors to the US and China and Norway's domination of women's soccer. They looked like they were progressing at a rather phenomenal rate.
    But something happened and Germany became just another European team.
    It is good to hear that Germany may be regaining some of their "power" in international women's soccer.

Now we just need to see if appearances are truly deceiving.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ughhh... Gwinn still looks really poor at times. But so far my main concern with the mid-field hasn't come into focus.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great shot almost leads to a goal for Germany... but why aree Rauch and Gwinn so high...:confused:

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Germany missing major chances...

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh come on how unlucky can you get

11. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Because they can be.
    Three hits of the frame (could be four) by Germany. Two in one sequence. That is very hard to do even on purpose with no opposition.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    FINISH DAMN IT!...:ROFLMAO:

13. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is NOT luck one way or the other if one hits the frame. It is simply a miss. A close miss but a miss none the less. When a shot is missed luck has nothing to do with it. It is either good skill (a goal) or bad skill (a miss or a hit of the frame) but "luck" is not part of the equation.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Years of seeing Germany get caught on the break, has me concerned about FB's all the time....:cautious:

AND THEY SCORE!...:thumbsup:

15. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ah DAMN Germany missed the post on that one. 1-0 for Germany.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Germany need to make this dominance count, and try to get a 2nd before HT.

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let them get their 2nd wind first

18. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know that we are not really supposed to comment on the physical appearance of the players but after watching Northern Ireland I though that I would not notice red heads in other matches but there seems to be a number on the pitch in this match as well. And I thought redheadiness was caused by a recessive gene. It seems pretty dominate in Europe. I wonder how strong an all-redheaded team could be created from this tournament?

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The referee is allowing Denmark/Harder to get away with a lot of blatant fouls...:mad:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    WHAT! Now she stops the play with Germany with a 4 vs 4 counter opportunity...:confused:

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dunno, I would think the blonds would dominate

22. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe they are recruiting refs from CONCACAF or at least giving them the same lack of training. ;)

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oberdorf gets her first yellow, on her first tackle. Last 5 mins are crucial now.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  24. thedexeter

thedexeter Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Jul 6, 2015
    I've never seen Denmark play this poorly. Intimidation factor still matters in women's football it seems, they look scared of Germany out there especially their defensive and midfield lines. But Germany are playing some good football out there so far.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You know… Germany has played a good half :thumbsup:

Klingo3034 and Batfink repped this.