German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The first half saw a lot of the same issues which have plagued MVT's teams with poor/underwhelming performances. But yes, the second half saw improvements that negate a lot of my initial criticisms.

The short period Lattwein joining Oberdorf in mid-field, a small glimpse into what's clearly Germany's best CM combination too. This doubts of Germany having good players not a concern for anybody paying attention... it's all about waiting on highly incompetent wnt coaches to finally harness the depth of their player pool.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    MVT not testing any credible new CB candidates, waiting on Hegering's return, is honestly pure amateurish behavior. But seeing her alongside Hendrich now, definitely seems to provide the team with a more calmer state.

This one addition to the team, allowing Germany to actually play out from the back, without having a cohesive mid-field shape for most of the match lol. Now MVT needs to pray both remain healthy...:cautious:

And claiming Buhl a "deadly striker" now after 3 fortuitous finishes...:rolleyes:. I think Bühl a player on the brink of being considered elite soon, but I still saw signs of the same player who lacks awareness of their own potential, unwilling/unable to be decisive at critical moments.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... like players of various wnt's, I never knew these Switzerland players currently, or previously featured within Bundesliga clubs. Thankyou hotjam2 for educating me on the error of my ways...
    [​IMG]

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Had to interrupt... but do you understand the definition of a secret weapon lol... Waßmuth just scored 10 goals, in 10 WUCL matches, for a semi finalist Wolfsburg side, in a season she would also score an additional 13 goals on route to winning league and cup titles...:rolleyes:

23 goals in your first season for Wolfsburg, isn't exactly how you classify a "secret weapon"...:giggle: And you probably didn't see the news, but Waßmuth was only absent from this recent friendly, due to her recent struggles with muscular problems in her calf.

Nobody is plotting grand schemes of subterfuge here lol.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ... :unsure: Popp looked great to me... but when your calling MVT a genius, or using clear luck as examples of Buhl's deadly quality in front of goal, I 100% understand why you'd probably miss the benefits Popp's qualities provide this team whenever deployed as a forward lol.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Switzerland had 2 shots, 1 of those being on goal...:rolleyes: Where, or when, was Hegering out of position, or too slow to get back...?

Of all the issues I witnessed in this performance, the CB's general play was simply not one of them. As compared to seeing the tragic CB play of Oberdorf, Lattwein, Feldkamp, or Doorsoun, Hegering's return would see her look much more composed, and assured in her tasks as a CB.

Honestly... if the Hegering we saw in Bayern's league wining season can emerge again over the course of these Euro's, playing alongside Hendrich, after years of complete garbage, we might see Germany have a surprisingly legit defense lol...:speechless:

7. Yeah, van Veenendaal has been erratic in many Eredivisie matches too, so it's time to look for a change of the guards.

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I’ll comment on the game later, but Oberdorf’s presence in the midfield and Hegering back in the defense really do wonders

It was the first time in a long time where the starting line-up actually made sense lol. I know you Batfink’s not overly impressed by Switzerland, but perhaps Germany actually played them bad, no? :unsure:

Oh. Like we won’t know how good this team really is until they face stronger opponents, but it’s been their best game since like forever :rolleyes:

blissett repped this.
  9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lohmann@ the u19 Euros start tomorrow, any website that exclusively covers that tourney? I don’t even know Germany’s lineup
    Parson’s is just another one of those lame English coaches as well, the Dutch should of picked Stroot when they had the chance!
    Coaches usually try to hold back something, or not necessarily show their best hand in these pre-tourney matches. So now the worry if MVT exposed too much of her battle plans for opposing scouts to see? Similar wise, I wish Buhl could of saved this ‘superstar’ performance for next game as now I’m sure the Danes will double team her.

Meantime future group opponent Spain beats Australia 7-0, but checking the Aussie roster, thanklessly it was mostly their B squad

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seeing Germany using two players who've both proven their capacity to produce strong CB performances, is a HUGE upgrade for this team. But finally seeing players like Oberdorf, Lattwein, Lohmann, used in same mid-field... together...
    [​IMG]

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seeing a starting line-up that finally made sense was great, but seeing this only happen one game before the Euro's start, is the exact opposite of great lol.

Comparing performances of Germany facing lower ranked Portuguese/Serbian wnt's during WCQ's, it's hard for me to believe two changes for MVT's team would make everything that much better, and make Switzerland appear so much worse...:cautious:

After a period of unprecedented failure, I feel Germany are entering these Euro's with far too many known unknown's...:confused:. I said after the match, Switzerland looked so poor, it could only be justified with Germany winning these Euro's lol; but MVT going from never beating a top 10 FIFA ranked nation, losing 3-2 to Serbia, before wining a Euro...o_O

12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hotjam2 repped this.
  13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Germany's u-19's just beat France 1-4 in a pre tournament friendly, with Essen's Felicitas Fee Kockmann scoring twice...o_O So the new players introduced to replace options lost to the u-20 WC squad, might have improved them a little lol.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG] ... no elite coach would ever do this.

MVT didn't try to have her team look like garbage, so future tournament opponents wouldn't know what to expect...:rolleyes: This is such a ridiculous narrative to construct, it manages to ignore the basic concept of elite level professionalism lol.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The new look U-19's lost their opening match Vs Sweden 0-2, where they both created and wasted lots of chances (including a missed PK).

So even if this was never a Euro's tournament that had anything significant placed on it, it's still interesting to see how they'll do now with the new players, after almost failing to qualify for this event with a very different looking side...:cautious:

blissett repped this.
  16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Considering how little MVT's accomplished among the elite of international football, she's sure doing a lot of talking to media recently.

I mean, I still believe it a poor reflection of the senior teams leadership, that's it's latest team set to enter another tournament without a clear identity. But MVT is currently talking like she genuinely expects this team to do very well in these Euro's...:cautious:

From her simply hoping this team nothing more than hard to beat, she's now talking about this tournament being a platform to re-establish the wnt's popularity in Germany, lol...o_O

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Somehow... Germany lost this match having 23 shots, compared to Sweden's 4...o_O

I'm still shocked how much stronger as a team they look now, compared to how they were during qualification. From what I've seen, I genuinely wouldn't be shocked to see this team come back to win this tournament lol.

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's highlights of the Brazil-Sweden friednly from yesterday. Simply Amazing! No, not the game, but the 'sea of humanity' surrounding the soccer field. Had to look closely to see that it wasn;t empty yellow painted seats, instead of fans. Got the feeling. Germany will be the Away team in every match, lol

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... makes sense. Forget the actual match, or the quality on display... lets focus on the stadium having a lot of people inside of it...:rolleyes:

I don't know why this has become a topic right now, as if we've never seen stadiums fully filled with supporters of various women's teams...:confused:

Last time I checked, in Europe, the 'away team' typically see's less supporters in the stands watching them, opposed to the home team which will have significantly more; hmmmm, almost like the EXACT opposite scenario of the German wnt national teams general numbers of declining support...:coffee:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    More seriously though, Monika Staab (Former wnt player/1. FFC Frankfurt coach) just decided to openly criticize the DFB, and wider German football leadership, for it's garbage efforts regarding the continued growth of women's football post the WWC in 2011.

While I agree with her assessment that 2011 marked the point where some horribly poor decisions were made for the future of the wnt, I do feel like she also misses why a senior wnt like Netherland's will see larger fans support right now, over a highly underwhelming German wnt.

The idea of people being morally obligated to support anything, always appearing rather naive in the face of financial realities... but even I have to agree with her taking major issue with nonsense like Dortmund starting their women's team in the amateur district leagues lol...:confused:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Problem with this though... Monika Staab also has ZERO influence within German women's football anymore, meaning whatever she has to say right now, will just continue being ignored by the few people who do matter.

The DFB can't even do something basic, like organize their wnt's kick-off times to better benefit fans wanting to go to matches. Having a wnt people want to see again would also be nice lol... but simply addressing the start times for their wnt matches, would probably be considered huge for the DFB...:speechless:

Photo's and highly manufactured media pieces, showcasing the DFB's new push on diversity and inclusion, as usual counts for NOTHING in the end. As bureaucracy so entrenched, they can't even address the obviously poor start times of wnt games, but somehow found the motivation to veto the decision of Frauen-Bundesliga clubs to form a breakaway league...:confused:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does anybody know if MVT addressed why she never organized more than one pre tournament warm up game...:unsure:

I'm seeing Denmark facing Norway now, losing their 1st match of 3 pre tournament encounters. So who thought it smart for Germany in need of difficult tests, to only play one game...?

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    dunno, but Sweden & Italy as well playing only one game(though against an stronger opponent). France playing two, but against Cameroon & Vietnam(odd & weak opponents to prepare for an all Euro tourney?)

doesn’t seem like not really any upsets happening other than miss ranked FIFA #8 England over #4 Netherlands(though the 5-1 scoreline was the bigger surprise me)

Come tourney time I hope you don’t go so off the rail with your comment’s; I mean you’ve called MVT an fraud, the Swiss team & coach an fraud, Buhl lucky, and then puzzling, called Popp’s pretty much amazing, even though she played 10 minutes, didn’t contribute a single stat & by this time the Swiss looked shell shocked, if not exhausted!
    Overall, well played by Germany, Got the feeling the mid court press is meant for Spain. MVT showing she can be creative, but if anything in the past indicates; she don’t know when she’s got a good thing going. Thus will probably keep experimenting throughout the tournament(she will most likely result with the same disappointment result ala WC 2019)

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I understand playing against opponents like Cameroon, and Vietnam, if your an under pressure coach for France. I understand facing tougher opponents if your a confident coach with a more mature team assured in their teams dynamics/identity.

What I don't understand is why Germany's coach would only schedule one game, with a team in need of developing more cohesion, featuring players like Hegering, Popp, both in need of more game time; oh, and doing this while only facing an opponent MVT knows better than any other opponent she'll ever face...:confused:

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG] ... Hold on... you, you are the one accusing me of "going off the rails" with my opinions....:ROFLMAO:

I never once called Switzerland's coach a fraud... I honestly don't care about their coach, but absolutely felt their last performance Vs Germany a joke given the proximity of both teams Euro's finals beginning.

And YES... damn right, I think MVT alongside the DFB is overseeing a fraudulent operation lol. As Germany's wnt continues to fall down the FIFA rankings, without them being able to best/compete with rival top ten rated opponents anymore, I'll continue to call out MVT for being a truly mediocre international coach.

Nothing about what I'm saying here reckless, or crazy....:coffee: