German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. thedexeter

thedexeter Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Jul 6, 2015
    This Switzerland team will get beat by Portugal, even if they get Walti and Crnogorcevic back, I'm calling it.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hold on... just realized Bühl's scored 3 goals lol...o_O

blissett repped this.
  3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lohmann comes into the match as a wide forward....o_O Again... just leave Dallmann at home, and take Nüsken. This squad is not balanced for a 4-3-3...:confused:

EDIT: And now Popp replaces Schüller too.

4. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    what's the attendance?

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Stadium is far from capacity...:cautious:

6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1181 Lohmann, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    And Dallmann scores:laugh:

And a Dallmann assist for Brand. 6:0

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good passing sequence, and Dallmann makes it 5-0. This is all very flattering for an otherwise very mediocre display lol

What I'm watching isn't reflective of the quality of Germany's play. They're not even using a system anymore lol, simply doing what they want with ZERO resistance.

Portugal and Serbia much tougher than this fraudulent display from Switzerland...:cautious:

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And Brand makes it 6-0....

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Switzerland making people believe MVT a genius level coach...:cautious:

10. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOHMANN!:ROFLMAO::laugh:

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And now it's 7-0. Another ridiculous defensive error...
    [​IMG]

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

I understand building confidence... but wow... that was nonsense lol. I just felt like Germany were being trolled.

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    @Batfink you don't need a genius when choosing for a send off game an opponent very well known by your coach. If the case was to give morale boost before EURO then this game served it purpose.

blissett repped this.
  14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This team needs a lot more than a morale boost lol, with false confidence sometimes being as bad, or even worse, than a inflated sense of ability. I don't think we learned anything about this team again, or saw them showcase potential of more to come..:unsure:

But hey, now they head to the Euro's believing their on the right path, having just been provided an opponent completely unwilling to try lol. It's was like watching a rusty boxer hit a heavy bag. You can see positives alongside technical flaws, but won't know how they'll react in the ring until someone smashes them in the face lol.

Germany's been taking A LOT of heavy shots with MVT, and never looked like being able to come back. Then we see them face a heavy bag called Switzerland, and that's supposed to turn everything around...:confused:

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Welcome back Hegering, and well done to Bühl... but I don't know what else to say lol. I'm honestly just more baffled with everything I saw from Switzerland... WTF are they doing in these Euro finals...:confused::ROFLMAO::speechless:

Even if that was them in warm up mode, that performance was so appalling, the only way it could be justified now, is Germany wining the tournament. And even then, I think they shouldn't be losing like that as a top 20 FIFA ranked wnt.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seriously... are teams that bad in the Euro's now... or did Switzerland just troll everyone...?

Having seen lower ranked Serbia and Portugal facing Germany, I'm not willing to believe Germany significantly improved, or Switzerland that bad.

[​IMG]

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1192 hotjam2, Jun 24, 2022
    Here's the full replay. Still need to watch it myself. but what did I say numerous before: Buhl needs to take charge! What's interesting is the Swiss coach took Denmark all the way to the finals of the Euro 2017(which included defeating Germany)

Germany not out of the woods yet, Denmark just beat Brazil. But the what amazes most; what on earth are they doing with such an HUGE home crowd!???(compared to Germany's sparse one)

i

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1193 Batfink, Jun 24, 2022
    I looked back at Switzerland's past results... and lets just say it probably wasn't a coincidence this was the only match Germany would schedule pre Euro's, or see the match end with Germany winning comfortably lol.

While Denmark's scheduled matches against Austria and Brazil, Germany chose the easy way out, facing a highly inconsistent Swiss wnt, who couldn't even bother to try over 95 mins...:speechless:

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Watch the game, acknowledge the luck in what Bühl accomplished today, then talk to us about how she needs to take charge of fate again...:rolleyes:

Yeah... why are Danish fans excited to see their women play, and why would Germany's crowds continue to underwhelm...
    [​IMG]

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sorry to see Dutch get whooped last nite. It was a really close game till about the 65th minute. I can understand Parsons not wanting to reveal Holland at its best until the actual tournament, but uh, he needs to watch Bundi games, as he should of known that Beerensteyn isn’t an able striker nor Roord & Jansen quick enough for winger & fullback spots. And whatever happened to Veenendaal’s goalkeeping abilities? lol

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wassmuth might be kept as MVT’s secret weapon, possibly only used as far as when they finally meet England(as she had a field day pickpocketing EN/CB Millie Bright during those classic Champions League matchup’s). Freigang should of been subbed for Schuller instead of the way past her running prime, Popp

Defensively, I saw that finally the CB’s & FB’s were working in close conjunction with each other, whenever the Swiss came up. It’s just the one CB,Hegering proving once again she can be found out of position & too slow to get back on defense

22. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Last match before tournaments (not more than 1 month before tournament)
    1991: GER - CHN 2:0 (Euro winner)
    1995: GER - CHN 3:1 (World Cup finalist)
    1996: GER - ISL 3:0 (Olympic Games group stage)
    1997: NOR - GER 3:0 (Euro winner)
    1999: GER-NED 2:0 (World Cup quarterfinal)
    2000: GER - DEN 7:0 (Olympic Games Bronze)
    2001: GER - CAN 7:1 (Euro winner)
    2003: GER - ENG 4:0 (World Cup winner)
    2004: GER - NGA 3:1 (Olympic Games Bronze)
    2007: GER - NOR 2:2 (World Cup winner)
    2008: NOR - GER 2:0 (Olympic Games Bronze)
    2009: GER - RUS 3:1 (Euro winner)
    2011: GER - NOR 3:0 (World Cup quarterfinal)
    2013: GER - JPN 4:2 (Euro winner)
    2015: SUI - GER 1:3 (World Cup fourth)
    2016: GER - GHA 11:0 (Olympic Games Gold)
    2017: GER - BRA 3:1 (Euro quarterfinal)
    2019: GER - CHI 2:0 (World Cup quarterfinal)
    2022: GER -SUI 7:0 (Euro ?)

blissett and hotjam2 repped this.
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1198 hotjam2, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Dunno all the negative criticism here, this game was definitely an step in the right direction. An very effective midfield press that disrupted the Swiss game plan for much of match/the squads strong depth in full display. The CB/FB’s finally co j in McCoy each other’s aid on defense & Buhl proving what an deadly striker she could
    Probably a lot of negatives too…lol.
    as for the Swiss, you realize that most of them were former or current Bundi players?/the mistake prone Buehler coached & trained by HOF?

they’ve just come off two one goal losses to dark horse candidate, Italy in WC qualifiers & have an coach with strong creds?(he led Denmark to the finals last time around)

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK... so due to my attention initially being split between various tasks, I went back to give the entire match a second viewing.... and I feel the second half definitely raises some genuine question for MVT headed into the Euro's opener Vs Denmark.

One of these questions for me being Däbritz, or Lattwein. As good as Däbritz can be, it's Lattwein's quick one and two touch style that clearly appears more beneficial for MVT's side lacking genuine pivot.

With the other question arising here, the nature of the main striker for this team. Popp recently suggested her conversations with MVT identified her as a potential striker again; and on the back of what I know, and seeing the match with the Swiss wnt, I think she might be 100% correct on this...:speechless:

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    While Schüller's runs aren't always seen, or just completely ignored, Popp provides off ball movement in areas of field that simply allows more attacks to flow with far greater efficiency.

Popp's general superior all around ability, definitely provides this team with a better forward option than the more static Schüller. But it's seeing her off ball movement again, where she's intelligently opening spaces for others, that I see as a major decision for MVT now.

It's why I've previously stated liking Popp as a forward for the wnt, as we again witnessed her mobility in this match allowing others like Brand, Lohmann, Dallmann, to all attack spaces that would normally be occupied by defenders.