German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seriously... I've seen Japan, Spain, Brazil, USA, France, England, Italy, Sweden and more... all showcasing the best of women's football right now; and without using recent defeats, it's long been ridiculously obvious to me how, much the German wnt's poor quality of football, see's them sat within a genuinely false position among the worlds top 10...:coffee:

Possessing more than enough talent to compete with the worlds best, the difference in the quality of football being deployed by many of Germany's rivals, is pretty crazy. There's simply no longer a style of football in the women's game right now, where Germany's senior wnt can compete with the best...:speechless:

Poor defensively, they can no longer bunker and counter. Poor in possession, they no longer control opponents at a distance. Poor tactically, we now see teams in the FIFA top 30, often expose various flaws.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Honestly... I'd love for MVT to prove me wrong, and finally get 11 players on the field to not only look like a genuine team, but able to compete as a genuine team against the games most dangerous opponents.

But I struggle to see how MVT's German wnt, is any better than it was under Jones...o_O. Jones eventually fired for a defeat at home to Iceland lol... but the same people behind the appointment and eventual disposal of Jones, are now ignoring every sign of MVT's failure, instead pretending she'll magically find a way lol.

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MVT’s last year & half record is now worse that the year & half record of Stefi Jones(who lasted an year & half(;

MVT’s losses; Holland, France, Canada, England, Serbia
    Jones losses; Denmark, Iceland, US, France

Jones had victories vs France Canada & pre Euros, Holland
    MVT big wins in were her first game vs France & an disinterested Sweden in 2020 Algarve Cup

There’s no doubt MVT will b fired if she can’t get out of group play, the worry is that if everything comes out as predicted; Germany gets 2nd in group play, but looses a close one in the quarter finals to eventual champs England, that could be enough for MVT to retain her job

It’s true that France has flopped since 2012, but their no more just an one team league(where the NT turns out to be all of Lyon minus their internationals). Remember Bordeaux did give Wolfsburg quite a scare in the CL(only won by PK shootout) & Montpellier did hire Europe’s best CB in JoJo Elsig!

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which is why I'm not listening to anybody projecting randomly optimistic targets of what Germany's wnt should be accomplishing in these Euro's.

MVT having a better squad than Jones, more experience as a coach than Jones, but somehow headed into a Euro's with a side that's often appearing to be the DFB's worst senior wnt's in decades...:speechless:

Again, I hope I'm wrong... but this tournament is most likely going to be defined by the idea of Germany taking one game at a time. MVT simply having her team playing not to lose, this approach taking precedent over any notions of displaying high quality play, making who they potentially face in knock out rounds meaningless.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Have you not seen the new wall of protection the DFB's placing in front of MVT lol. From openly blaming the fitness/quality of the nations player pool, to pretending the world has finally caught up to the best while Germany the only elite wnt actually struggling.

The DFB's flawed/non-existent planning, means it doesn't have anybody legitimate in line to replace MVT despite her clear mediocrity. And it's created the perfect conditions to allow their once elite wnt to fall behind rivals tactically.

During WC qualification the DFB fired Jones as an easy scapegoat... but their actively protecting MVT right now, with her team showcasing much worse form, worse football, and no positive results against ANY FIFA top 10 opponents...:confused::speechless:

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... if the French wnt are considered flops right now, how do you frame the complete collapse of Germany...? You don't even have to win tournaments to be considered a good national team, but Germany's wnt can't even regularly entertain their own fans anymore.

And honestly... what's the problem with any national team consisting of a majority of players from the nations best club team...? That's literally the smart thing to do, and something I feel Germany don't do enough right now.

Remove the foreign players from Wolfsburg or Bayern, and it should be the exact same process as Lyon with the French wnt.
    Brand ------------------ FW -------------- Waßmuth
    -------------------------- Huth ------------------------
    ------------- Lattwein --------- Oberdorf -------------
    Rauch ----- Hegering ------ Hendrich ------ RB
    ------------------------- Frohms -----------------------
    &
    Bühl ------- Schuller -------- RW
    ------------- Dallmann -------------
    ---- Lohmann ----- Magull ------
    Gwinn --- CB ------ CB ---- Rall
    --------------- Leitzig -----------------

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It felt like a lot of teams gave Wolfsburg major concerns early in the season lol. Clearly some people forgetting how bad Wolfsburg genuinely looked while Stroot was learning his about his new squad.

Everything finally fell into place for Wolfsburg once the national team resemblances dropped, and Oberdorf moved into CM, Hendrich returned to her CB role, with Waßmuth, Huth, Roord, learning to play together.

But early season Wolfsburg, yikes....:speechless: And it's should be noted it took only Stroot a few weeks to fully address what MVT still hasn't in her constant positional errors with important players...:whistling:

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MVT did start 6 Bayern field players vs Spain/5 vs England, but that’s where the similarities end, I can see the difference, especially the way Klara Buhl plays; over at Bayern, Buhl gets the freedom to create chances by beating one, two defenders on the dribble. But on the NT, it’s like she’s just an cog in MVT’s over complicated passing schemes that seems like forever to build up & taking away what Buhl does best, her 1v1 attacking style. Sometimes MVT an artistic virtuoso of her own createtivr system, can work, but this was against the likes of Turkey & Bulgaria. The more tougher the opponent, the worse for wear it becomes. And then it’s the painfully slow execution of MVT’s tactical schemes, so perfectly highlighted vs 3 top ten opponents in the Arnold Cup, but actually stated s as army last year when she could only manage an 2-0 win over Belgium after the Dutch beat them 6-1 with an up tempo game that consistently got their players behind the defensive line(which not once MVT was able to create in her match vs Belgium).
    So that you would be my fear; that MVT will spend the entire pre tourney time, trying to create her own monstrosity tactics, rather than use her players best to their abilities

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Exactly... because selecting good individual players, versus understanding how to get the best from good individual players within a team, are very different factors for football coaches.

And it's why we often see very few of the best coaches able to combine both towards wining trophies, while playing attractive football.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... you don't receive the freedom to create, without the concept of freedom being established inside a system of order; your assessment of Buhl within Bayern's system, somehow conveniently ignoring how much her ability to create/score impacted by her teams ability to give her the ball through complicated passing schemes....:rolleyes:

Confusing MVT's style as something "complicated", actually revealing just how bad the wnt's football has been with her as head coach; as there's been nothing but constant changes to formation, players, and tactics, and still no solidified effective system/style for the senior wnt players to use.

After the England mini tournament, I honestly found it crazy reading MVT and her coaches suggesting the system fine, but the players not fit enough for it to work correctly...:ROFLMAO:. So yeah... there's clearly MAJOR problems here, that go way beyond the view MVT's forcing a supposedly complex style of play lol.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...o_O You think MVT's attempting to be an " artistic virtuoso"...?
    [​IMG]

MVT's a coach struggling to simply instill basic passing schemes, typically defined by players understanding basic positional tasks. This isn't close to being associated with being classified as a virtuoso lol.

lol... you don't even seem to understand how the USwnt (for years now) has used a far more complex style of play than Germany's wnt... think about that for a second....:coffee:

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, wait... you forgot to tell me again how much Miedema made Oberdorf look mediocre as a CB, or explain how Germany lost to the Netherland's in a friendly...:rolleyes:

Trust me... having witnessed Germany's latest underwhelming display Vs. Serbia, I'm sure people should have noticed MVT's issues currently way beyond any bad memories of various listless friendly matches from years past.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... no. That would require various factors of elite coaching emerging, in ways we've simply not seen with MVT during entire time within international football. And tactically speaking, Germany are bad... like, seriously bad. So bad, your confusing this poor play for MVT's attempts at showcasing overly complicated styles of football lol...:confused:

But hey, your clearly not alone in this state of confusion... as various media/TV viewers watching Germany up close for the first time, and the English match commentators, all seemed to be just as confused watching MVT's team play.

This to the point Emma Hayes on the back of facing Bundesliga's top two in recent years, would openly state her complete disbelief viewing Germany's poor appreciation of tactics...:speechless:. Hayes would mention on numerous occasions her concerns with Germany's strangely low quality of tactical discipline.

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1039 hotjam2, May 30, 2022
    Last edited: May 30, 2022
    its the final countdown till MVT reveals her Euro squad(currently scheduled for 16 hours from now)
    EURO 2022: Kader-PK
    interesting that the French coach did not hold back on her dismay of some of her players today & didn't pick big names like Henry, Le Sommer, Lavogez, Hamraoui or Batfink's new found fav., Laurent. Dont really expect any surprises like that out of MVT

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1040 Batfink, May 30, 2022
    Doesn't like getting called out for making ridiculously unreasonable statements, and as usual returns to making snide comments as a coping mechanism... the cycle continues...:rolleyes:

Anyway, the fact MVT still asking UEFA for all Euro squads to be extended for this tournament, I can almost guarantee it means she'll be leaving out one or two players some people will be asking questions as to why...:cautious:

I expect they'll be a 25/28 player preliminary squad announced, then not taking anymore random injury into account, I predict this will be MVT's final 23.
    FW: Bühl, Brand, Freigang, Schüller, Huth, Waßmuth
    CM/AM: Magull, Popp, Oberdorf, Nüsken, Lohmann, Däbritz, Lattwein
    DF: Rauch, Hendrich, Hegering, Feldkamp, Doorsoun, Rall, Gwinn
    GK: Frohms, Schult, Berger

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1041 Batfink, May 30, 2022
    Major questions will circle Hegering's inclusion, with people like me not pleased to see Kleinherne left out in favor of Feldkamp, or Doorsoun.

Others might question Dallmann's absence, but knowing Lohmann's quality, this will be less of a major topic given neither player really having a starting role in the team.

So for all of MVT needless swapping and changing, this squad pretty much selects itself. The bigger issue now, remaining how MVT get's these women all come together as a team...:unsure:

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bühl ---------------------- Schüller -------------------------- Huth
    -------------- Däbritz ------------------ Magull----------------------
    ---------------------------- Oberdorf -------------------------------
    Rauch -------- Hendrich ----------- Hegering -------- Gwinn
    ----------------------------- Frohms -----------------------------------
    I predict this will be the team for the last friendly before the tournament, and it will end up reverting to something like this during the 90 mins...:thumbsdown:
    ----------------------------- Schüller ---------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bühl ------ Däbritz ---- Oberdorf -----Magull --------- Huth
    Rauch -------- Hendrich ----------- Hegering -------- Gwinn
    ----------------------------- Frohms -----------------------------------

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would go with Dallmann & Kleineheme making the final 23 squad in favor of Doursoon & if MVT has any guts…Popp! Let’s face it, Popp can’t start anymore on an full strength Wolfsburg squad, Kleineheme is very versatile & could switch to other positions/Dallmann can dribble drive & press better than most other mids(on the list)

just noticed Asseyi is not either on the French list, so with all the other names missing, they might of just taken themselves out of contention!

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    MVT doesn't appear to trust Kleinherne... instead regularly using Feldkamp, Oberdorf, and Lattwein, all ahead of Kleinherne; and I think Doorsoun is still ahead of Kleinherne too.

I've not been impressed with Doorsoun for a long time, but it's MVT's reluctance to use Kleinherne as a CB, which has me convinced Hegering and Doorsoun will go to the Euro's.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again... I think regardless of form, it's been pretty clear as long as she's was fit, Popp's got a guaranteed place inside MVT's Euro's squad. And now with Marozsan's absence, that position is probably solidified even further.

Plus when it comes to Dallmann... I think she'll have a tough time getting into a 23, when its her fighting Magull, Oberdorf, Nüsken, Lohmann, Däbritz, Lattwein, for a Euro's role...:unsure:

There really isn't one player in that list who couldn't be considered a better option than Dallmann, and this is also with me leaving Hagel (who had a better season) off this list too. If she gets into MVT's final 23, it's going to be ahead of players who all posses stronger qualities for a CM, and CAM role.

And this probably a reason why MVT so desperate to get UEFA to listen to her appeal for increased squad size.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't believe you actually follow the French wnt enough to judge them simply based on your knowledge of names. So I'd rather ask, have you seen them play...?

If international football decided on general name recognition, this would be a very different sport. So watch France play, then judge them on what you see.

22. Austriawien73

Austriawien73 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    May 3, 2022
    Kleinherne will be there, next to Hendrich she is the best CB. Clearly ahead of Feldkamp and Doorsoun. MTV would be crazy not to nominate her.

23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can see MVT but I can`t hear her. :speechless:
    Here is the team
    1531563644865155073 is not a valid tweet id

24. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    28 is too many for an an pre tourney camp, or/especially with just one prep game. I hope MVT’s plan is not to over exhaust the squad in training where 5 players drop out due to injuries, I mean that would be criminal.
    Right now for the final 23, I would say Tufekovic Anyomi Hagel will be eliminated, as well as an defender since MVT uses the option of bringing Oberdorf to CB. So this leaves one final mystery midfielder who wouldn’t make the team(if there’s no injuries in the upcoming weeks). Any date given for for final selection?

btw….would it be ok if we follow the Austrian NT as well on this thread?