German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had no idea the U-17's started their Euro's lol, and as usual finding any coverage/highlights of matches for these youth events remains needlessly difficult...:thumbsdown:

However, Germany started with a solid 2-0 win against Denmark, where I noticed the post match reports from UEFA, and the DFB, said Germany started the match in a 4-3-3 formation LOL.

So... does this new formational shift for the U-17's, now better help explain the seemingly random shift to a 4-3-3 formation with MVT's senior team...? Only weeks from a Euro's, is this confirmation Germany's wnt program about to make a full change from 4-2-3-1/4-4-2, to a modern 4-3-3...:unsure:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So... I just read an interview with the DFB vice president, where she describes Euro tournament hopes for MVT resting on past wnt's historically showcasing an ability to improve once the tournament starts.
    [​IMG]

I laugh... but I'm starting to believe the leadership might be worse than initially feared.

3. Austriawien73

Austriawien73 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    May 3, 2022
    Marozsan with an ACL.
    Out for the EM.

blissett and Lohmann repped this.
  4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that’s a bummer for her! However her playing minutes have dramatically fallen this year at Lyon; only 141 minutes in league play/14 minutes in the Champions League. So at least this will give MVT an opportunity to pick someone who’s more at their peak/in their prime

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1005 Batfink, May 7, 2022
    Last edited: May 7, 2022
    OK, so it seems like people really aren't paying attention to MVT's past decisions....
    [​IMG]

6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany`s Panini stickers
    UEFA Women's Euro England 2022 - Germany
    115. Emblem (Germany) - Foil
    116. Merle Frohms (Germany)
    117. Almuth Schult (Germany)
    118. Ann-Katrin Berger (Germany)
    119. Sophia Kleinherne (Germany)
    120. Kathrin Hendrich (Germany)
    121. Giulia Gwinn (Germany)
    122. Lena Oberdorf (Germany)
    123. Sjoeke Nüsken (Germany)
    124. Sydney Lohmann (Germany)
    125. Jule Brand (Germany)
    126. Melanie Leupolz (Germany)
    127. Svenja Huth (Germany)
    128. Dzsenifer Marozsán (Germany)
    129. Sara Däbritz (Germany)
    130. Linda Dallmann (Germany)
    131. Lina Magull (Germany)
    132. Klara Bühl (Germany)
    133. Lea Schüller (Germany)
    134. Alexandra Popp (Germany)
    135. Laura Freigang (Germany)

blissett repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, Panini stickers always have some players there were apparently lock-ins for their respective teams and end up missing the tournament for a bad injury...

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    After another 2-0 victory vs Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany's U17's finish the group stage on maximum point's, and are now set to face France or Spain in the semi finals.

Unfortunately though, this tournament still hasn't seen any sign of Frankfurt's Loreen Bender; this a player who I feel without doubt all set to be one of the most exiting young talents in European football.

Even if Hoffenheim's Mara Alber currently showing glimpses why she could be another exciting wide forward to watch in the Bundesliga very soon...:cautious:, it's disappointing to know Bender selected to this squad as Germany's best player, but potentially not healthy enough to feature in any game so far...:confused:

9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Or players that made their comeback too late like Ada Hegerberg.

blissett repped this.
  10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This Thursday Germany's U-17's need to beat France in the semi finals to qualify for the WC. And should the fail, they'll have one more chance having to defeat the Netherland's again, or Spain.

So... we'll see if the U-17's and the programs new adoption of a 4-3-3 continue the history of Germany's women never missing a FIFA finals...:cautious:

11. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Great shot by Alara Sehitler. Germany U-17 lead 1:0 against France.

blissett repped this.
  12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well they did it... from being on the brink of not even qualifying for these Euro finals, Germany's U-17's have gone on to win all their following games during this event, and done so without conceding a single goal...o_O.

It now also see's Germany's women continue their incredible run of never missing a FIFA finals too...:thumbsup:; again...I still can't believe this group of players came so close to not even qualifying for this event lol.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The impressive mid-field of Platner - Janzen - Sehitler, seem to be at the heart of this teams run of success, with Hoffenheim's Alber (to me) appearing to be a unique talent (physically imposing/strong technique), who's continued development could definitely see her make an early introduction into her clubs 1st team very soon...:cautious:

I still don't know why Bender only used for the first time during the final 5 mins of the semi final...? But should they be facing Spain (most likely..) in the final, I'd like to see Germany's coach finally starting the dynamic front 3 of Alber - Steiner - Bender.

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    blissett and Batfink repped this.
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I didn't get to see the match, but I've seen both of Germany's goals... and wow.
    [​IMG]

I thought Alber a genuine unique talent, and she's the player who produces a fantastic moment of individualism in the 87th minute of a final, to take her team into to extra time for an eventual PK win...:geek:

Again... while it's never easy to assess talents at U-17 level, or believe this side headed to a U-17 WC with a realistic chance to win the tournament, it's still amazing seeing Germany's wnt program continue to find enough talent to maintain such a prominent role in this particular age group.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It also appears Frankfurt have some serious youth talent within their junior/2nd teams; Veit CB, Platner CM, Bender AM, all impressive for the U-17's in ways I imagine will see them become part of their clubs first team very soon.

But knowing Alber already part of Hoffenheim's first team, and having seen some of her displays at these U-17 Euro's, I can't but think she's going to be following the same assent of a young Jule Brand, making her own league debut very soon too...:cautious:

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

or

Finally got to see the match now, and it looked like I thought it would; this being Spain dominating possession, while Germany exert a lot of energy closing down the mid-field.

blissett repped this.
  18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's interesting seeing Spain's Vicky at this age group, knowing she's playing regular football in Spain's top division as a 15/16yo; it's pretty clear she'll continue to develop into a very strong/potentially elite creative player for her national team.

But on Germany's team, I thought Platner was hugely impressive in her selfless role of DM, protecting the space in front of the CB''s; in the end becoming one major part of a pleasant surprise for me, finally witnessing a game where a German wnt accomplish more than bunker and countering like MVT's game plan with the seniors...:whistling:

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Passing under pressure wasn't great for Germany though, but I could at least identify a clear tactical game plan with the U-17's, that almost worked to perfection during the first 45 mins.

So I still don't understand Germany's switch to a 4-3-3, but if this hard running, low possession approach, the new future for all wnt age groups to follow... I'm now even more intrigued to see how this works with the U-20's, as they'll face opponents with superior tactics, technique, and fitness levels of their own during a WC....:unsure:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The U-19's Euro's group draw saw Germany picked along side Sweden, Norway, England in group B.

But not being a U-20 WC qualifier cycle, I don't expect Germany's team to possess it's best talents for this U-19 age group; and not when most of them should be in contention for the U-20 WC tournament..

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    used to be UEFA had an rule if you played in the u19 tourney, your not allowed to play in the senior Euros(if it happened in the same year). Even Brand wouldn’t be age wise, able to be on the u19 squad. Young players most impressed this season with Grawe(BL) Buchele(Freiburg) Wamser & Kochmann(Essen)

btw…..looks like Barca/Spain’s ticky tacky once again failed miserably to win an title this time in the CL final. Lyon’s high press seems to work well into disrupting Barca(though WOB’s similar wise press failed). So gather that Lyon’s French contingent looked impressive out there; Bacha Cascarino Henry & Mallard and they replace Hegerberg with Katoto/Carpenter with Karchaoui. They still got the best CB duo in Europe with Renard & MBock. Only thing missing is an decent CAM(Lavogez, excellent for Bordeaux, not in the NT) makes the French look like heavy co-favorites(along with England) to win Euros. Only thing I’m hearing is the coach is that particular liked by the players(thus rumors of an Caine Mutiny abound yet never actually transpired)
    But what you gather all this? I mean Germany needs absolutely to win the group to avoid England in the quarters/how should MVT approach the Spain match knowing they can be beat?

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pretty sure I've seen wnt programs with smaller player pools use numerous players across more than one tournament during the same calendar year. Even Germany having seen U-20 players featuring in junior and senior WC's in the same year...:confused:

But none of this matters anyway... as my post was simply highlighting how it now makes absolutely ZERO sense for Germany to take any of it's best players to an U-19 Euro finals, outside a WC qualification cycle; this while their U-20's have a WC also taking place only two months later.

And no... MVT and the decisions of her garbage senior team coaches shouldn't have any effect on this either...:rolleyes:

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    so... your still trying to make this a thing....

Did you watch this match, and genuinely understand what you saw...? Because it's pretty obvious why Lyon's compact high energy mid-field press worked, versus Wolfsburg's sloppy attempts shutting down the same aspects of Barcelona's key strengths.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok... go count how many WUCL's Lyon now hold... and then go count how many of those have combined with tournament victories for the French wnt.

Yeah... once again, with so much evidence constantly compiling, your still completely oblivious to the factors that continue to discontent club football from the international game...:rolleyes:

blissett repped this.
  25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Nice try... but it's not working. We all know how bad MVT's senior wnt continues to appear. So stop trying to make the coming collapse even worse, applying these random weird/fake expectations on this team for the coming the Euro's.

Some will remain indignant as I say this... but as long as certain people retain control, and this team still lacks a basic concept of a defense, unable to access the full breath of it's genuine talent, nobody connected to this team can think, speculate, or fantasize, beyond the next match placed in front of them.