German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leupolz 0:3. Portugal is a big disappointment so far.

What is Frohms doing?:devilish: First she gifts Portugal a penalty than she scores the goal herself:mad:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Poor defending allows Portugal to get a cheap PK, then a cheaper goal... and honestly I'm not surprised given the way some of these players have performed so far.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hendrich and more need to be removed at half time...:cautious:

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Germany are only wining this match on individual talent, and individual talent alone... :whistling:

I can see exactly what one team is trying to accomplish with inferior talent, while the other more talented side continues to appear more confused the longer the match goes on.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've seen really poor coaching in elite football, but find it odd witnessing MVT manage to start 3 players in mid-field, and somehow expect her CB's to direct the flow of a match lol...:confused:

So lets see what the 2nd half holds for MVT's latest tactical disappointment.

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    How do you guys watch the match?? Guess I’ll have to see it later

7. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #708 Batfink, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    lol... I'm done.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can’t watch it either, but on live ticker, it’s still only 3-1 with a few mins to go. Anybody going to wager that Batfink’s post game critique ain’t going to be very pretty!

10. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FT:1:3

blissett repped this.
  11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’ve put down each player’s minutes for the two games so we can see who MVT is favoring for the moment
    Frohms……………180 min
    Buhl………………..164
    Schuller……………162
    Oberdorf..…………152
    Dabritz….…………135
    Leupolz…..……….135
    Huth….……………127
    Magul…….. .……..107
    Feldcamp………….90
    Nuskin……………..90
    Rall…………………90
    Gwinn………………90
    Rauch………………90
    Brand……………….61
    Dallmann…..………45
    Marozsan…………..28
    Freigang……………18
    Kleinheme…………..8
    Wassmuth…………..8
    Lattwein……………..0
    Petermann…………..0
    Berger…………….….0
    Schult……..…………0

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    still waiting for the replay, looks like England's record drubbing of Latvia, 20-0, got on YT already,lol. Not sure what to expect, I take it unlike Turkey, Portugal, layed way deeper. So against this MVT should of had it's strongest 'press' players, who i would of thought be more of the likes of Freigang, Nuskens, Dallmann & Brand. But they, it any, got very little playing time in this one. At the same time, the 3-1 scoreline doesn't sound all bad,(especially 3 goals in the first half) MVT might of held back her wild cards for stronger opponents.

So while waiting fot an uplead, here was doppleganger's Austria recent match with England(sorry, Billa fans, she couldn't even get an shot off), but they did a pretty good job in keeping the score down with an 4-back in place, backing each other up(will we ever see this out of Germany, lol)

and it that's not enough, here's 69% doppelganger Switzerland in their recent upset over 9% doppelganger Italy featuring 6 Juve starters(maybe WOB needs to hire the Swiss coach?)

13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    After viewing, I don’t think Germany looked as half bad as some claim to be. They came out like gang busters the first 30 minutes, then, slowed down for the rest of the half. The 2nd half was more experimenting like MVT often seems to do/or being once again goodwill ambassador on away games(ala Israel), but when will she realize being ‘nice guy’ will alienate the ever dwindling fan base(ala Batfink) who want to see a way better performance.

Since they were the away team, what Germany could of drone is sit back & counter all game long(and I think this is what they did in those first 30 minutes). But playing the possession through shut passing tactics, just left the defense again exposed to quick counters. MVT could also switched(at least 3)subs at the start of the 2nd half like she did vs Turkey. Only problem one of those subs would of been Marozsan, who really looked horrible in this game, not only flopping her scoring chances, but Germany started to loose the midfield battle the moment she came in around the 62 mark. Don’t get if; I admit I thought Marozsan would become faster after playing in the states, but looks like she lost a step or two instead. lol. I noticed too that MVT does have an habit of keeping poor performing players(ala Dabritz & both FB’s this time) in there instead of subbing them out. Maybe it’s the boost confidence, but hopefully she’ll get rid of this hasty habit during major tournament time. Taking it too the Frankfurt’s impressionable trio(Nusskin. Kleineheme, Freigang) were given an break due to their upcoming game with Potsdam tomorrow), but it don’t excuse the mediocre play, especially on defense,where Hegering simply looked horrible in both games whereas Oberdorf at least gave accurate long balls(though gave up fouls in dangerous free kick areas).

Except for Spain, none of the other Euro bigwigs shined this last week(in fact NED, ENG, SWE, FRA with way worse performances than GER). So if MVT plays her cards right(like don’t allow Marozsan on the field again!), I can see Germany making it into the finals(though loosing to Spain in that game, unless they do something about the horrid CB situation.)

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With less possession, Germany created as many chances facing Portugal, as they did facing Turkey. But they somehow ended this match with Portuguese players smiling after a 1-3 defeat, as MVT continues her subterfuge of pretending to following some from of a greater plan...:cautious:

After 4 years... it's no longer about wanting to see better performances anymore, it's more about expecting the wnt produce some kind of style, and consistency, with their general performances; it's become hard to listen to the relentless excuses for all the erratic game to game identity issues with the German wnt.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have zero idea what MVT told these players before facing Portugal, but it was like they'd completely lost the process in understanding how to move the ball quickly to avoid the press, or use longer diagonal passes to exploit spaces out wide.

Starting Leupolz as a DM, only for MVT to allow Leupolz to charge forward and leave the DM zone in front her back 4 wide open for exploitation lol. You can count on one hand the amount of times you saw the FB's, or the CB's, deliver an accurate pass behind Portugal's defense too; and this facing an opponent who also used a high press...:confused:

25 shots, 13 of those on target... Germany should have scored a minimum of 6, and potentially even more if they understood their roles better, or simply moved the ball correctly.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Marozsan has been really poor for the national team, and playing next to Däbritz has often been at the root of Germany's inability to transition quickly too.

But I fear MVT will do everything possible to make Marozsan - Däbritz starters in her mid-field. Even if it continues to damage Magull effectiveness, and stifles the progress of better CM options.

It's one thing to see Hendrich, and Gwinn, both struggling as FB's executing the tactical demands placed on them; and this knowing the CB's will always be a concern the way MVT runs things. But I really want to know what information MVT's analytics department gather, that allows Däbritz - Marozsan to continue getting match time in the same mid-field...:unsure:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nowhere to hide, I really want the DFB to organize as many friendly matches with top 10 FIFA ranked opponents as possible...:coffee:

And this mainly because I'm tired of reading speculation on why the wnt's popularity so low, as MVT continues deflecting her teams erratic performances facing inferior opponents.

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MVT continues to experiment with various tactics & lineups, and even though it’s often frustrating to watch, it does keep opponents off balance as Turkey obviously counterd with the wrong game plan as well as Portugal for those first 30 minutes.
    But it makes it hard as well for it’s players to put those switching tactics into motion. And then remember how MVT kept Krumbiegel in for a full 90 minutes vs a tough team like Norway(as well as an only 75% fit Popp), seems rather bizarre. but guessing she feels practice makes perfect, and you could say she’s got an right to experiment in friendlies, but then did this right into the playoffs matches in the WC, I that is definitely scary.
    Another interesting aspect is that one poll had Brand as mvp of the Turkish game, so why did MVT just cut her playing time to 15 mins for Portugal?

so based on just these two last games, the starting lineup looks like this

Brand.. …..Schuller……Buhl
    …….Nusskin….Magull
    ….……….Leupolz
    Rauch…Feldcamp…Oberdorf…Rall

maybe there’s an argument of putting a way more stable or experienced lineup of Dabritz-Huth-Marozsan-Hendrich but r we buy seem to fall back into that old Wolfsburg drift—-of moving up either flanks of overlapping each other through short, grounded. But sorry, if there’s one change I’ve noticed is woso teams playing a lot swifter pace—-even the very possession minded Barca or Spanish NT/ it’s basically the same reason why WOB got.beat by y Juve.

so we’ll see how the Feb tournament goes, but playing away to England(as well as possibly facing them in the Euro quarter finals as well) MVT needs to tighten up the often mistake prone defense too

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Your acting like they produced something entirely different during the opening 30 mins, compared to everything we saw after that... but no, the only difference here was them finishing chances, aka scoring goals...:rolleyes:

They created as many chances as they did facing Turkey. And if I'm not going crazy, I'm pretty sure that wasn't just within a 30 min period of what was a 96 mins match...:coffee:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think this is typically called poor player analysis; and probably an even worse use of analytics...:whistling: Like not recognizing your teams more pressing deficiencies, instead focusing on trying to force a young/underwhelming Krumbiegel to start senior international games, when she's still clearly struggling with the demands of senior level club football.

These to most sports fans are signs of POOR COACHING at an elite level. Not to be excused by any positive post game manifesto's trying to highlight how "young" your team is, multiple years into your time supposedly developing the games perennial world #2 ranked team...:rolleyes:

MVT literally working within a program who's constantly sending junior teams to Euro's, and WC's, and maintaining some of the tournaments best defensive records. But she can't find defenders lol... because hey, it's ok... with Brand making it look so easy as a 19yo, wasting multiple games on remote controlling Krumbiegel from the touchline makes so much more sense right now...:giggle:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why aren't you using the larger sample pool of evidence..? You know, all the evidence which says the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you feel MVT is thinking lol.

Bühl --------------- Schüller --------------- Huth
    ----------------------- Magull --------------------------
    -------------- Däbritz ---- Marozsan ---------------
    Gwinn --- Hegering --- Oberdorf --- Hendrich
    I don't like it, but using the lager sample of MVT's team selections, this is probably closer to what she believes her best team, no?

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The German wnt has absolutely nothing to do with the current failings, or success, of the 2021/22 Wolfsburg side. So stop using Wolfsburg to further some weird agenda here...:confused:

And I say this knowing should it have been Bayern in Wolfsburg's WUCL predicament, like Hoffenheim, you'd simply be using another German club as ammunition to justify poor generalizations of German football, and it's relationship with attaining success.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What... so you obviously mean MVT selecting real CB's to play CB roles in her wnt,.. right...? Or simply using a system that includes a DM...:rolleyes:

It's not like a 25yo Wedemeyer plays CB for the same club as Oberdorf, and highlights every week why Oberdorf will never be an elite defender, the same way she's on route to be an elite CM. Or MVT has a league where she can see defensive names like Steuerwald, or Ostermeier, impress every week for teams constantly under defensive pressure... hmmmm...:coffee:

I mean before injury, being one year younger than Brand, we've all seen how impressive Küver is. And it's an open secret now the Frankfurt FB was also a better CB too. While Dongus is clearly light years ahead of Feldkamp at Hoffenheim, but somehow Feldkamp's considered the international level player. Showing you how fraudulent this constant self imposed concern with defensive structure has become.

25. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Draw for Euro U-17 and U-19 qualifiers