German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #551 Lohmann, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Brand fouled. Penalty for Germany. Weak penalty by Däbritz saved.:thumbsdown:
    Nice pass by Maro and goal by Huth. 0:1(19.)

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Oh, never seen Däbritz miss a penalty before!

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah but she’s in the defense, lmao…

Oh and MVT really prefers Nüsken in a LB role to Rauch… what a mess :confused:

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can understand taking it easy & winning with an score line of anywhere from 3 to 7-0, but 1-0 is plain ridiculous!

5. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The best news: The game is over:sleep::speechless: Israel was even time wasting in added timeo_O.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #556 Batfink, Oct 21, 2021
    Germany just lost this match... don't let the 0-1 fool you. This was ANOTHER Jones era performance from the wnt, Vs a lower ranked opponent a one goal differential victory basically a defeat lol.

I maintain MVT is just wasting everyone's time, with us simply waiting for the inevitable poor tournament performance, to become the BS excuse for Silvia Neid's next in line to take over; Ariane Hingst...:cautious:

The current wnt is meandering towards nothing, with no hope of competing for anything either...:thumbsdown:

blissett repped this.
  7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's really sad what's been happening to Germany the last what... 6 years? not able to find any sort of identity after Neid

that being said, I do remember the team playing rather well during MVT's and Jones' first games as coaches, then everything went downhill... :confused:

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Germany was genuinely building a team to eventually win something, Küver is in the senior squad, featuring in matches against opponents like Israel.

All the garbage of Germany not having defenders, but I'm not even seeing the senior team deploying a CM that looks competitive. Considering the resources they have, it's a wnt program not close to functioning at an acceptable level.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ....:laugh::ROFLMAO:o_O What are you watching to believe this lol. MVT shows up to Bundesliga games, but if I'm using the actual evidence of the wnt we get to see, she's not at any of these matches to identify ways to improve her team lol.

She's showing up for other reasons... none of those being reasons allowing her to witness how well/poor players are within defined club roles she won't be using them for her unbalanced wnt.

10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean, what's the most annoying is just how blatantly obvious it is that this team is being mismanaged. :confused: I'm starting to wonder whether these coaches are simply less intelligent human beings :cautious:

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... no she won't be criticized..:coffee: The DFB are too cowardly to intervene, with the media already conceding the wnt an unpopular amateurish shadow of it's former self.

You'll have to wait for this team to completely fail at the next tournament, fail to qualify for a tournament, or get absolutely destroyed by 6 or more goals in a nationally televised game, before a wnt coach openly derided by people who matter within the media.

LOL... if you can't see where they have been for years now, your really aren't paying attention...:whistling:

blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If I'd reason the way @hotjam2 uses to do, I should say that, since earlier this year Italy have beaten Israel by 12-0 (as it was noted by himself on this thread), but now Germany only managed to win by 0-1 vs them, then, for the transitive property, I should expect Italy to easy beat Germany if they'd meet at Euro 2022. :D

For records, I don't use to reason as @hotjam2 normally does and I tend not to try to apply transitive property to football. :rolleyes:

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This started while Neid still in her coaching role, with the DFB basically handing over the entire program to her prior to the WC on home soil, then allowing Neid to take a team that needed rebuilding to an Olympic's.

Neid got her gold medal, but over the long term future of this team, these decisions have lead to persistent stagnation with the senior team. Where junior level success, and club level improvements, not evidenced at all with the senior wnt.

Its not the coaches... its the women above them that allow this to happen. And when outsiders came to restructure the women's program, Neid, and Ratzeburg, made all of that discussion quietly disappear lol.

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean, yeah let's blame DFB as well as they're allowing MVT's shitshow, but still, MVT's the one who's executing this shitshow and that's on her :confused:

A lot would've been solved if they just got a great coach, lol. When Kovac got fired, Flick was able to turn Bayern into a CL champion and win all titles there was that season.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've said for years now, a wnt with the resources Germany have available, see's them now by far the worst run wnt program in Europe. Leaving me with ZERO expectations of them accomplish anything at the next Euro's.

The fact Italy could create enough chances to score 12 goals against an opponent this Germany side struggled to create enough to score 2 lol... yeah, it doesn't take a genius to identify that maybe nations like Italy currently creating FAR better teams than Germany's coaches.

blissett repped this.
  16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    True... after taking over from Hrubesch, MVT has definitely overseen the wnt's gradual devolving towards increasingly normalized mediocrity. But you have to understand this is only allowed with the people above her still being in charge too.

The new rules for the wnt program being only women can/will coach the senior wnt, with this also including the stipulation of it only being German women too. It's pretty obvious why MVT allowed to continue in her role of failure, and where this inevitably headed lol.

A coming Euro's failure, MVT exit's, and another unknown factor like Hingst takes charge. The wnt doesn't even have any connection with the junior teams, or elite club football anymore...:confused:; how can it possibly improve within such a mismanaged system.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A new coach, with credible elite level experiences would help... but it's not the definitive answer to fix a broken program.

Think... the DFB allowed the failed leadership of the wnt to select MVT to take the team to a WC, with the idea she uses it to build on Hubresch's work, and eventually establish a stronger team for the Euro's. Now we look at the wnt, and view it weaker than the WC side lol.

Showing how this is as much a DFB leadership issue, as it is a senior team coaching issue.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So, time to read the latest batch of excuses for this result, and then wait for the next encounter where Germany will still look like garbage, with NOBODY caring enough to ask why...:(

LOL... and to think, MVT dared to ask the media why the public support so much lower for the wnt..:rolleyes:

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree, although it's fair to notice that that 12-0 match was vs an Israel that had basically deployed some sort of B-Team full of very young players (maybe because it was the last match of that qualifier group for Euro 2022 and Israeli coach thought that trying some new players to build up for the future was more important that trying to post an half-decent result when already eliminated, especially while facing an Italy that needed a big-score win to grab a best-second-placed-team spot? :cautious:). Whatever the reasoning of Israeli coach was, it was more or less a Senior Italy NT vs U-19 Israel NT. Of course, the full understanding of these intricacies goes all over @hotjam2's head. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this consideration doesn't subtract anything from your correct statement that right now Italy is better managed than Germany: this is obviously showed by the fact that currently Italy is clearly punching over the weight of its league and of its women's football movement, while Germany is doing quite the opposite.

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #570 hotjam2, Oct 21, 2021
    your info is wrong. Go click on the Isreali starters on this page & you'll find out they started only one 18 year old & one 19 year old
    Italy vs. Israel - 24 February 2021 - Women Soccerway
    it's worth pointing out too that Isreal has only won 1 out of their last 21 games

sorry nobody bothered to post anything or even watch other the dozen WC/Euro qualifiers over at the BS International selection today, but there's no reason to attack me over here with especially false facts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    still waiting for an replay of the game

21. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Regarding the age you are correct apart from the fact that most players were one year younger than now because the Italy match was in February. Four starters from the Italy game also started today. In the game in Italy Israel only used players from the Israeli league and in their home game against Italy where they used players like German-Israeli Sharon Beck they only lost 2:3. Israel won two of their last 21 games (both against Georgia) and lost no game higher than 0:6(apart from the 0:12).

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I had the average age for Israel(vs Italy) at near 25, minus 8 months(since that game), they still would average 24 years of age, quite higher than the u19 that Blissett tried to panhandle on us

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... Germany's wnt so bad now, it's considered a perfectly acceptable response to believe in such laughable excuses...:speechless:

A FIFA ranked 71 Israel, who's last 3 results saw them losing to Malta, Italy, Portugal, conceding a combined 18 goals, scoring ZERO in the process; just constrained a top 3 FIFA ranked Germany, to a 0-1 defeat...:coffee:

Like Blissett says... if nations like Italy are regularly punching above their weight class now thanks to superior coaching, Germany is like a heavy weight boxer, regularly going the distance (all 12 rounds) facing Welterweight's, Lightweight, and in Israel's case a Featherweight lol.

Lower than normal average age, using a B-Team, or only selecting domestic players... there shouldn't be ANY excuse to rationalize why Israel lose to Italy by 12, and end up only losing 0-1 in the fashion they did against Germany. NONE!

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm pleased to see you say this, as it's always super frustrating seeing this reduced to the simplistic opinion that Germany just have bad/inferior players right now; especially remembering past German, Brazilian, and Japanese wnt's, with vastly smaller player pools, finding major success by employing hard to use anti USwnt styles of football, based around a heavy emphasis on the deployment of strong tactical approaches, distinct to their national footballing identities.

Seeing Iceland's coach ridicule Germany's talent production post Jones era 2-3 victory, the height of this nonsense for me; knowing Germany the only wnt program to have it's junior wnt's qualify for every FIFA tournament, with a really poor German senior wnt even winning an Olympic gold in 2016 thanks to it's individual talent.

It makes me wonder what kind of insufferable levels of bureaucracy happening within the leadership of the DFB's women's program, that allows an Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Netherland's, to overtake them in the establishment of a healthy senior wnt, all capable of punching far above their true weight class...:unsure:

blissett repped this.
  25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #575 hotjam2, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Oh no, Blissett claimed that the team Italy beat 12-0 was Israel’s u19 squad—-but I was saying no it wasn’t(average age was actual around 24 with 3 starters 30+).

haven’t watched the game yet but what’s the point; I knew that Germany’s hands essentially were going to be tied for this one. Hopefully they don’t have to be too much ‘nice guys’ for the next match & play more according to their abilities

as for MVT; the fact that she was experimenting throughout the WC(when most other coaches knew already what they wanted) & keeps on experimenting with different tactics & players, makes it practically impossible to predict what will happen in next year’s Euros.
    Germany’s got the ‘manpower’ to win it all, but narcissistic coaching will undue that. But here where you just can’t blame MVT, when we’ve seen some oddball, over coaching from the clubs(BM, WOB & HOF) as well as former youth & NT coaches(do basically their all stopping players from losing their best)