German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Surely you've got the wrong name here...:unsure: The only player in Freiburg's team with the name your mentioned here, is Giovanna Hoffmann..:confused:

Not a player producing the kinds of stats you'd expect for an elite young forward, or showcasing any of the skills to make me understand why she'd have a within the senior national team.

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    whereas I see Brand as an potential future superstar, you seem to feel she’s just an Bayern bench player(you’ve previously posted this).
    By going with an club like BM which over 90% of it’s opponents just bunker(I wouldn’t even be surprised if WOB bunkers as well, lol) your taking away one of Brand’s best attributes; her speed to counter & dribble upfield/so far the equally as fast Jakobsson has looked rather mediocre for BM vs bunkering squads.
    Again; Buhl was the leading scorer for the NT(late 2019) before she joined BM. Gwinn’s been officially back since June
    she was POG in an win over Frankfurt early last season/held her own in an tie vs Wolfsburg. Rather strong/physical, it was very hard for any opponents to dispossess the ball away from her. With MVP calling over 40 players in her 2 & year reign, I would of given Hoffmann a chance vs an weak Euro qualifier

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...:confused: When, and where did I ever make such a ridiculous claim...? I've never said Brand should leave Hoffenheim to simply sit on the bench of Bayern; this is just another one of your own weird assertions, which you've somehow managed conflate with my otherwise pretty reasonable take on a young talents most obvious pathway towards continued improvement.

I really shouldn't have to explain any of this...

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So we're ignoring how football works with large SQUADS...:unsure:. Bayern won't be facing Werder Bremen every week, and will need to change their team throughout a long season of international selections, injuries, and various suspensions too.

I'm not even a Bayern fan, but feel like one constantly defending them after seeing you making more and more nonsensical claims; like Jakobsson a mediocre player now, all because she's moved to a side you don't like...:confused:

Seriously... make your damn mind up. Bayern can't be filled with mediocre players, and also be an unbeatable allstar team that defeats opponents before a ball even kicked.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She had a good game against Frankfurt, and... that's it...? 3 years younger, Endemann scored against Frankfurt, helping her even weaker Meppen side secure a draw. So using your logic, shouldn't MVT be looking at Endemann being a senior wnt option right now..:rolleyes:

I know Hoffmann a former junior international, meaning she's not a complete wild card for a potential senior team selection one day. But from what I've seen, as young domestic forwards go... she's behind Cerci; this watching Martinez, and Endemann, looking rather impressive in the opening matches of this season too.

Plus where would any of these new names fit in anyway... MVT already trying to force CM's in to all the defensive roles. You want to see MVT select Hoffmann as a GK lol.

6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hotjam2 repped this.
  7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doesn’t look like MVT going to bother with newbies anymore, especially using such a veteran squad against what’s probably the weakest NT in the WC qualifier group, Israel(lost 12-0 to Italy earlier this year).
    The question now might be who’s going to be eliminated from this list after Popp, Buhl & Hegering return from injury? I’ve read Popp will be out to at least January. Anybody knows when Buhl & Hegering suppose to return to action?

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's like MVT has no concept of the word "balance" when it comes to picking this team, lol. :unsure:

9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Lattwein and Oberdorf in the defense is just horribly bad... Gwinn back, but as a LB? actually wtf, it's even more absurd to see Rauch in midfield/attack when she's a far better LB than Gwinn. Oh, and I know Simon's injured but she's apparently been blacklisted by MVT -- this selection process is just a big mess

and I find it nonsense not to nominate Wedemeyer lol, especially now given the fact that only Kleinherne is a regular CB in this squad. Terrible, this might almost be worse than Jones -- MVT just having a better pool of players to choose from

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She's ignoring the form/trends of club football... but I'm honestly more surprised Bayern are allowing Gwinn to be part of the wnt so soon.

Wolfsburg's coach realizing he needed to win, and couldn't waste anymore time on this Oberdorf as a CB nonsense anymore. Seeing Bayern suddenly bend the knee to the demands of the fraudulent wnt, is rather disappointing to me lol.

Bayern should have just told MVT no, come back later; forcing MVT to select from one of the numerous other choices she has access too.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well... I think you answered the question on why MVT's selection process continues to be so ridiculously unbalanced. MVT's probably making her selections based on player loyalty, no...?

Seeing Maier, and Petermann, return during a time period MVT can blatantly see options like Rall starting and scoring for Bayern, while Dongus, Cerci, Wedemeyer, all continue to impress; you highlighting Simon currently blacklisted, makes a lot more sense now...:whistling:

This is probably my biggest frustration too... noticing how this all very similar to everything witnessed with Jones, but knowing it's happening with MVT having access to a better pool of talent to select from.

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, Oberdorf is an incredible CM, as witnessed two days ago again in the CL, though against a weaker opponent, the impact she has is literally the difference between Wolfsburg being competitive or not, it feels like... :cautious: Oh, and I just read that MVT is planning with Kleinherne, Feldkamp, and Oberdorf as CM alongside Hegering, which is just ridiculous... Like, I like the idea that she's got an idea of who her CBs are, but do they really have to be midfielders such as Oberdorf and Feldkamp? Or, Feldkamp's a CB for Hoffenheim, no? So I think a clever investment for the future would be to establish Hegering, Kleinherne, Wedemeyer, and Feldkamp as the main four CBs and allow Oberdorf to retain a midfielder role that should belong to her... :rolleyes:

I just feel like it's such a pity to see Maier, because she's just too slow... which is weird given that she used to be a pretty athletic player under Neid -- not super fast, but fast enough to really look like one of Germany's best players during the WC 2015 and Olympics 2016 :thumbsdown:

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #538 hotjam2, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    if you go by an average of an 23-squad NT; you only got 1 starter/1 sub per position(3 for GK’s). So that’s should only make it 6 central mids. But if everybody is un-injured/available)look at all the central mids MVT got;
    ( based in seniority)
    A) Popp, Marozsan, Dabritz
    B) Leupolz, Magull, Dallmann
    C) Oberdorf, Lohmann, Lattwein
    D) Nusskin, Feldcamp, Dongus

So if you only can only pick six for central mid, who would drop???(if you don’t want those players at any other positions)

I think too that’s going to be an problem is all the players out with recurring injuries; will they be able to play at 100% for Euros?/will they be at their former, pre injury, prime?

btw….only two games played so far in the 16 team CL, but Oberdorf leads the CL in assists with 3/Wassmuth leads in goals with 4. Considering how phenom Wassmuth is doing, you don’t want to drop her either

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hotjam2's reply to this post basically summarizes what we ALL think is happening here; that being MVT now a under pressure coach, who's desperately trying to force as many of her most talented players into a single 11, regardless of if this means she's forcing these players into roles they're unable to perform at a credible international standard...:cautious:

She got injured a few years ago, and never regained her previous levels of athleticism. And it's pretty obvious to anybody watching her now, that she shouldn't be an international FB for a wnt like Germany anymore.

Not when MVT can leave out Simon, and still have access to Rauch, Rall, Linder, Hendrich, Wolter, Küver, Helcer, this season. Honestly... this just reinforcing my feelings, that the wnt simply doesn't bother to select it's players based on club form...:confused:

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Aren't these the demands of PROFESSIONALISM? Meaning you can't/shouldn't select the nations "best players" like it's an U-10's girls weekend league match lol.

FW: Popp - Schüller - Freigang
    WF: Bühl - Brand - Däbritz - Huth - Waßmuth
    AM: Magull - Marozsán - Dallmann
    CM: Oberdorf - Leupolz - Nüsken - Lattwein
    FB: Gwinn - Hendrich - Rauch
    CB: Kleinherne - Hegering - Wedemeyer
    GK: Frohms - Schult
    I personally would have thought MVT have taken the team given to her by Hrubesch, and moved it forward into a competitive potential tournament winning side. But with a potential squad like this... she been unable to construct anything to convince me Germany's women being lead by people in touch with the increased demands of professionalism in this sport.:unsure:

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really hope Waßmuth can continue to sharpen her game with Wolfsburg this season, because I maintain NONE of these women are going to develop within the joke that is MVT's system...:whistling:

Like personally seeing a new defensive talent like Küver play for the U-19's as a CB, then watching her playing as a FB for Frankfurt, knowing no other elite wnt's would persist selecting someone like Maier ahead of her, while their entire defense constructed of CM's...:confused:

Being able to function within MVT's system, I'm sure Brand, Buhl, Huth, are still all ahead of Waßmuth. But when the wnt's player analysis can't identify Küver being ready to step up, or puts Krumbiegel into the senior 11 ahead of Waßmuth, I doubt factors like players excelling in Europe's top competition will have any say in the appearance of Germany's wnt...:rolleyes:

17. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oberdorf out with problems at her shoulder

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good to see a consistently impressive DM like Dongus get brought back, but Rall's impressive form with Bayern should have seen her added to this squad too.

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks like Tufekovic(HOF)replaces the injured Berger at GK, though I would of personally preferred the hottest looking GK in the Bundesliga….Klink!(BL)

don’t know why they need 4 GK’s? they should be able to beat Israel without anybody in goal

20. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe to prevent Tufekovic playing for Croatia or MVT thinks she is a realistic option for Euro 2022. MVT had said (when Berger was still in the squad) that she had nominated four goalkeepers because she wants to have better comparability between the keepers who are in the focus for Euro 2022. Frohms is currently her No 1 goalkeeper.

21. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    MVT has explained now that it was doubtful if Frohms could play and this is the reason she nominated Tufekovic.

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany's in pot 1 of the recent 2022 Euro draw(not shown England is the last remaining pot 1 NT) Interesting that Sweden's only in the 2nd pot even though FIFA has them currently ranked at #2. So take it whoever draws Sweden as well the surging Spain in the yet to be determined group teams, will have it extra hard to to move on to the playoff, quarter rounds. Post Olympics, Swwden has not looked good, only winning 1-0 vs #45 Slovakia/4-0 vs #123 Georgia, but I take it was do their top players spread on pro clubs out all over Europe as well as an weaker domestic league, so their special brand of soccer can't be reciprocated until the national team has time to blend in for a few weeks before an major tournament
    247428501_4526357077483620_5656451787279462918_n.jpg

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    . I might be wrong but some UEFA rule says if you play in one of their tournaments for next summer (either u19 or senior Euros) you can’t play for the other. So rather than Kuver sit on the bench for MVT, I can see where she’s definitely needed more for the u19 squad(where she’s captain) & later that summer for the u20 WC. Brand just turned 19, so she’ll be only eligible for the u20 squad/Oberdorf will turn 20 by next month, so ineligible for either youth squads. Same could be said for either Martinez(age 20) & Cerci(21).

as for Wassmuth; I do believe MVT pays extra attention to the Bundesliga & saw how good Wassmuth been playing(or at least in CL competition & will used that to her advantage(in Wassmuth’s case she needs more space to work with & then I’m sure MVT realizes how Buhl’s willing to take charge out there during BM’s games.

but don’t expect much out the two encounters against Israel; if the score is too low(vs a team that recently lost to Italy 12-0) then MVT will get enormously criticized for it/too high & she’ll suffer an backlash from the rest of the world. Expect again a lot experimenting instead, though not with new players(as Tufekovic would be the only newbie).

we’ll have to wait till that spring break tourney featuring England & Spain to really see where Germany stands…..

24. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klingo3034 and hotjam2 repped this.
  25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club: