German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #5101 Batfink, Jul 4, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2024
    Germany a program literally defined by it's senior wnt attaining success being constructed from a very narrow perspective of one or two clubs; resulting in 8 Euro's, with back to back WC victories, and an Olympic gold too.

Frankfurt, Potsdam, Wolfsburg, previously creating Champions League wining teams that generated a large number of the players behind the wnt's biggest success. It feels like you've constructed a strange narrative around other wnt success that simply doesn't apply to everyone...:unsure:

I mean... with poor coaching Germany were close to wining a 9th Euro with a side featuring 7 Wolfsburg players. But go on to have an awful WC a year later with a team that's in constant state of change, lacking any continuity.

Then Spain would fall early at the Euro's, and then go on to win a WC with a team that simply removed one or two of it's more toxic elements from Barcelona, while still forming a new team predominantly constructed around a core of Barcelona players...:rolleyes:

7 of Spain's WC final team Barcelona players lol, I'm not seeing how this strange narrative correlates with your theory of every wnt failing if it's too dependant on the players from one particular club.

I've only ever been consistent in my genuine belief Germany posses talent pool to be a legit problem for Spain. However... until Germany's wnt gain access to the long term stability of their next coach, it's hard to speak about Germany being competition for any of the far more organised wnt's.

Both Spain and Germany almost identical factors like age and talent during the Euro's, we'd see Germany take a HUGE step backwards following an ET final defeat, as Spain would make the necessary changes to improve and advance their team, in ways I don't think Hrubesch has really been able to accomplish.

So regardless of what I believe, before the Wück era begins, it still likely to come down to random coincidence to see Germany construct the type of team capable of wining enough games to take an Olympic medal from Spain...:cautious:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #5102 Batfink, Jul 8, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2024
    The u19's Euro squad has been finalized, and it's missing Bender, Gloning, Janzen, Axtmann. Leaving me to believe all 4 of these names are set to be added to the u20's WC squad.

Kett being injured, and rumours of Alber potentially all set to leave herself out of the u20's to concentrate on club football...:cautious:, it actually makes sense for Bender to be added to the u20's WC plans.

But with me having ZERO faith in the ability of Peter to create a good team, I think she'll need to take Alber if Germany has any hope of escaping the group stages.

A talented cycle of talent in the hands of a horribly mediocre coach, to achieve anything significant during the WC, we'll need to something like this as the starting 11...
    Alber ------------------- Steiner --------------- Bender
    ---------------------------- Sehitler ------------------------
    ----------------- Zdebel ---------- Diehm ---------------
    D.Acikgoz ----- Pucks ---------- Veit ------ Gloning

3. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow...after I mention the recent u19/20 selection, news follows that both Acikgoz twins have suffered ACL tears now, and will miss the u20 WC, plus a huge part of the season for Frankfurt too...:(

D.Acikgoz as a RB was probably going to be a starter for Frankfurt, which makes her ACL tear even more significant to her early pro career. Meaning Ritter surely the next best option to replace D.Acikgoz at LB for the u20's, with Riesen potentially next in line to start as the next RB for Frankfurt...?

5. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bad, :(:(:(bad:(:(:( news:

"Sydney Lohmann will leave early today due to a muscular injury. She will complete her rehabilitation program in the club in order to be able to travel to the Olympic Games in France if the healing process is optimal."

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This could be a good thing; The 1 goal, 1 assist(this last season’s league stats) Lohmann could be replaced by 11 goals, 2 assists Anyomi. Think of the extra scoring this could bring:thumbsup:

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, it doesn't look like Sidney is very lucky with international tournaments, does she? :unsure:

8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess Minge would replace her.

9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Injured at Euro 2022, injured at World Cup 2023, injured....:( She is an unlucky fellow.:cry:

blissett repped this.
  10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ughhhh... looking at her underwhelming club record under Straus-ball, you wouldn't think Germany losing Lohmann for the Olympics any form of bad news. But damn... when you understand the looming reality of potentially seeing this team regularly start with Nusken, or Freigang in the most advanced AM role....:(; this is really bad.

How is it that you'll become a statistical savant with anything concerning a negative analysis of Lohmann, but couldn't seem grasp the basics for why someone like a CAM playing Dallmann absolutely horrible within the wnt...:rolleyes:

Yes... with the wnt coaches refusing to select a real CAM like Magull, seeing someone like Anyomi in the CAM/2nd forward role clearly the most rational option to replace Lohmann; but over the past 8 years of random decisions, when have we seen the wnt coaches do the obvious thing creating this team...?

I mean If Lohmann doesn't travel with the team to the Olympics, you know we'll see Minge selected as her replacement, with Nüsken, Freigang, or Popp, thrown into the teams 2nd forward role...:thumbsdown:

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With Lohmann 100% confirmed to be missing the final Euro qualification matches, these next two games will provide everyone with a good idea of the potential unbalanced mess Hrubesch will try to use versus the Olympic group stage opponents...:cautious:

No Lattwein, Däbritz, Lohmann, Magull, Germany missing 4 very strong progressive passers/movers of the ball. Leaving Hrubesch with a limited set of options to try and create
    a balanced mid-field.

And with me having a hard time believing the coaches won't be forcing Schüller in to the same team as Popp now, I'm thinking we might need to see how Popp looks within the DM role again for two more experimental opportunities Vs Iceland, and Austria...
    ----- Oberdorf -------
    --- Popp --- Senß ---

In my opinion this the only way Schüller, and Popp, will both be truly effective playing in the same team; and it also has the potential benefit of allowing Oberdorf to move back to her old early career CAM role.

Oberdorf factually an all round superior player than Nüsken, Freigang a complete non factor, and Minge unlikely to play. It's easy to forget Oberdorf only started playing as a DM pivot weeks prior to the last Euro's, and has always been far more than a destroyer...:whistling:

12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Popp (foot irritation) and Oberdorf (yellow card suspension) will miss the Iceland game.

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Minge played 1980 minutes(of 1980 allotted minutes) in two consecutive Bundi seasons . She would be a great choice as well.

Germany’s chances looking a lot slimmer if they’re going to go into the tournament with so many players not at 100% fit.—reading somewhere else that Hegering is only at 70/80%—which now means her along with Lohmann & Popp continues nursing injuries is not an good sign. And if I understand it; the alternatives can only come in with the approval of the governing body, who decides if there’s sufficient enough injury to warrant such an switch

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK... I just saw the DFB report Popp will miss the match Vs Iceland. Meaning alongside Oberdorf being suspended, and Lohmann dealing with more muscle injuries, all 3 won't take any part in the next match.

So.... Hrubesch has a legit problem on the horizon, where he'll only have Senß - Nüsken - Freigang from his Olympic 18 Vs Iceland, with Minge his most likely joker option to try and create a balanced central mid-field...:unsure:

-------- Freigang ---------
    --- Nüsken --- Senß ---
    Appearing very underwhelming when you consider Germany missing options like Oberdorf, Lohmann, Däbritz, Lattwein, Magull.

If Senß the only player here who should be a regular starter at the Olympics, and Freigang a complete non factor on the elite stage of women's football. I think the game Vs Iceland is suddenly a really important moment for Nüsken to showcase her wnt credentials...:cautious:

4th choice at best if everyone healthy for the wnt... I'm still convinced the best version of Nüsken will be seen as a DM pivot. And now with 4 better CM options missing, she has a real opportunity to prove her value for this team versus a frustrating opponent away from home.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This isn't a reason legitimate reason for Minge to be a wnt player lol. Essen's Meißner would be a wnt CB option this season if it simply based on minutes played at club level...:rolleyes:

Minge literally spending two seasons demonstrating qualities that would make her one of the nations best CM players. One season showcasing traits of an elite dynamic AM within a lower mid-table club team. The next season showcasing traits of a strong tough tackling traditional CM.

This is why Minge won the attention of the wnt, and managed to leverage this into a move to a significantly stronger club. Not being healthy lol.

We've known for 12 months now Hegering is never 100% healthy, and we surely all understand why the defence will be going through major development after the Olympics, no...?

The big issue for Germany's current Olympic squad, coming with a reality it missing more established names like Magull, Däbritz, Lattwein, Rauch, Huth, having coaches placing all their hopes on Nüsken, Freigang, Senß, Solano, Endemann, to all step up at the same time...:unsure:

Regardless of horrible club form, Lohmann's absence becoming another issue now because of the coaches refusal to acknowledge the importance of a high quality CAM, incorrectly believing Nüsken, Freigang, or Popp, can just step into the role.

But looking at this 18 player roster.... there's only 4 real concerns
    ------------------------------------ Popp/Schüller ---------------------------------------
    Bühl -------------------------- Lohmann/Freigang ------------------- Brand/Endemann
    ---------------- Oberdorf/Nüsken ------------------- Senß --------------------
    Linder ----- Hegering/Solano -------------- Hendrich/Doorsoun ------ Gwinn
    ----------------------------------- Frohms/Berger ------------------------------------
    Hegering's health issues creating major concerns with Solano and Doorsoun, then it still balanced by the inclusions of Linder, and Gwinn, both being major upgrades to this teams defence.

With concerns over Popp's health feeling rather exaggerated too, after reading she's all set to return for the home match Vs Austria...:rolleyes:. Oberdorf - Senß - Popp all starters, Nüsken not even a terrible 4th mid-field option.

And should Minge replace Lohmann, I think we're still looking at a talented CM who's very capable of contributing towards the success of this team. Just leaving Hrubesch with the task of creating a balanced mid-field now, that doesn't result in formation changes, or watching Nüsken, or Freigang, in the CAM role.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Schüller being top scorer, Popp the best all round attacker, while Anyomi, Magull, and Kowalski, all finished with better offensive/creative productivity than Freigang this season. Makes it harder and harder to justify Freigang's continued role on this team...:cautious:

And while I don't think Nüsken will ever be a truly elite player for club or country, until she's settled into one role (DM pivot). It's hard to understand where her role on this Olympic team will be, when she's an inferior version of Oberdorf, and a less effective version of Senß, or Popp if it's in the DM role...:confused:

Heading into the next game Vs Iceland, we have a potential scenario where Anyomi, and Minge, as Olympic reserves could expose the status of Freigang, and Nüsken, if their allow to see any game time...:whistling:

This a legitimate possibility knowing few teams play well facing Iceland on their home soil, with Hrubesch not blessed with a bench full of options to help improve his teams performance over 90 mins.
    1st half....
    Brand ------------------- Schüller ------------------ Endemann
    --------------------------- Freigang ---------------------------
    ----------------- Senß --------------- Nüsken ----------------------
    Linder ----- Doorsoun ---------- Hendrich ------ Gwinn
    ------------------------------ Berger -------------------------------

2nd half...
    Brand ------------------- Schüller ------------------ Endemann
    ---------------------------- Anyomi ----------------------------
    ----------------- Senß --------------- Minge ----------------------
    Solano ----- Doorsoun ---------- Hendrich ------ Gwinn
    ------------------------------ Berger -------------------------------
    At some point I expect to see Solano tested at LB. But if we get to see Anyomi in a CAM/2nd forward role, and Minge in a box to box CM role... I don't think it's crazy to believe we might even witness a better team performance.

18. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hrubesch is optimistic that Lohmann will be fit for Olympic Games.:)
    "She has slight muscular problems. We assume that we get it sorted out after seven or eight days. We decided this way because we can treat it better in Germany."

blissett repped this.
  19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Olympics is 6 games in 18 days if you want to win an medal, so personally I would take someone like Minge, who seems to be impregnable to injuries even though she might not as heralded an career as others

Popp might be the ‘Joe Biden’ of women’s soccer; someone who you can throw all the laurels in the world at for accomplishments, but who’s cognitive skills have all of an sudden taken a drastic downfall & needs to give up running for reelection, if we don’t want to see Trump prez again—-same away I feel here for Germany’s chances; it you aren’t at 100%, then get someone that is & essentially with the faster pace Horst demands from his players

Wouldn’t be able to see the game live, but hope dot see they don’t keep giving up goals in the first half, lol

20. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
  21. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even if she's not going to be part of the Olympic squad, it's crazy seeing Anyomi is about to get one match to showcase what she offers over Freigang...:speechless:

And I think it's also an important match for Nüsken, seeing how she's replacing Oberdorf starting another game next to Senß in a new look mid-field.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again, the reason you take her is because she actually good. Selecting a team with players who's best attributes are their abilities to remain healthy, a very narrow perspective to hold when selecting an Olympic squad.

I have no idea what your trying to suggest here..:cautious:, but from what I gathered, NO... I don't see how Popp finishing the season as Germany's most effective attacker correlates to her slowing down.

And this even more obvious if your paying attention, as the season prior would see Popp finish as Germany most effective forward too (24 goals, 7 assists). These numbers basically the exact opposite of signs showcasing anybody slowing down...:rolleyes: