German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Final score 6-1. Germany play the very deliberate, build up style, that’s obviously based on keeping the ball, but has it’s drawbacks as like when the back pass to the GK got intercepted for Slovenia’s only goal & only shot at goal. It also meant Slovania was all set up on defense thus depriving Germany’s fasted player, Zicai, of any fast break chances.
    Some clever give n go’s, but also a lot of awkward, long over head shots due to Slovania crowding in the penalty box area.
    Kuver got to be midfield general, but that’s means only one CB defending(which stronger opponents would fully take advantage).

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Really...? The men have their u20 WC in 2023 now, the women in 2022. Both seeing their initial schedules changed twice due covid, but... I'm not seeing anything about the women's having their WC dates moved again to fit into 2023...:cautious:

I might of missed something, but even the FIFA web site still has 2022 Costa Rica: 10th of August - 28th of August...:confused:

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #428 Batfink, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    You know what... as a natural defender, seeing Küver used as a CB isn't such a crazy idea to me...:cautious:

This knowing some of the games best CB's started as FB's, and changed position early in their career (Sergio Ramos), I've long said Germany's wnt should have tried this with some of their players too; Bianca Schmidt always looking physically, and technically, like a great CB in the making.

Even now I find it frustrating watching Hendrich play RB, knowing if she's not a DM/CM, her best role has always been as a CB. If Küver's height, athleticism, and solid technical attributes ever utilized within another role, I think a CB would 100% be the place I'd put her.

She's not a forward, she's not a mid-fielder, but as a strong player has all the ability to move into those areas of the field, and still effect the game positively. So as a defensive player, I'd wait on this before making a definitive assertion of her true potential in a CB role.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But that's how your meant to break down bunkering defenses...:coffee:

How are you supposed to play expansive football against opponents unwilling/unable to leave their half of the field...? And if your Germany's coach, your not doing your job if your not teaching your players to implement the correct tactics to break down organized but technically inferior opponents.

So when they play better opposition, then we'll see how the more offensive players exploit space. Because learning how to break down stubborn defenses is really hard, and you should know this, as your constantly praising how an ugly ass Canada won an Olympic gold medal..:rolleyes:

This is the test though... this new u19 coach is actually using CB's that look like a potentially solid CB partnership, a real DM system...o_O, a #10, and two wingers who like to go 1v1; it will be interesting to see how everything looks against teams willing to attack them.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and Doorsoun's injured now, seeing both Wolter, and Dongus, brought into the squad for the games Vs. Bulgaria and Serbia. I wonder where Wolter would be used by MVT...:unsure:

Knowing the current squad has 1 FB, and 2 players I'd identify as the most legit options for CB roles, going with MVT's habits... I think it's makes nothing but complete sense to see Wolter used as a GK/CM, right..:rolleyes:

6. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Got a video of it?

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #432 hotjam2, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    guess two different tournaments
    2022 Women's U19 EURO finals: Czech Republic | Women's Under-19 | UEFA.com
    as well
    FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup™

having to get two youth teams for two different tournaments plus supplement their senior NT'S is why Europe got an tough time winning the world tournaments?

edit; guess some of the players could move over & play in both or even 3 tournies? Just asking cuz in my book Camila Kuver could be an important component on MVT’s senior squad, but cuz she just turned 18, be young enough to even make the u19 Euro team. Brand would be too old for the u19 Euro squad(as she turns 19 in Nov) but make the u20 WC as well as the senior one

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    YIKES…

Dass Voss-Tecklenburg mit ihrem verjüngten Ensemble besser abschneiden soll als das deutsche Team beim Viertelfinalaus unter einer unglücklich agierenden Bundestrainerin Steffi Jones 2017 in den Niederlanden, steht außer Frage.

Voss-Tecklenburg hat bereits ein Gerüst von "sieben, acht Key-Playerinnen" wie die 53-Jährige sagt, zusammen. Torhüterin Merle Frohms (Eintracht Frankfurt), die Innenverteidigung mit Lena Oberdorf (VfL Wolfsburg) und Marina Hegering (FC Bayern), das mit Lina Magull (Bayern), Sara Däbritz (Paris St. Germain) und Dzsenifer Maroszan hochkarätig besetzte Mittelfeld, dazu Offensivallrounderin Svenja Huth (VfL Wolfsburg) bilden den Stamm.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just found out Germany will be joining Spain, hosts England & plus an yet to be named NT in an early spring tournament. So upgraded competition has not always MVT’s best suite! lol
    English translation? Please

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who said this...:unsure: Is this a media outlet, finally questioning why there's apathy surrounding a sense of persistent underachievement on display with MVT's wnt...?

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... sorry. Maybe the Swedish FA has video, but the DFB rarely provides video footage of their junior wnt's friendly matches.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... take a look at records for Euro tournaments during the non WC qualification years lol. Here's a hint at what you'll find... Germany have never missed a top 3 finish during a WC qualification cycle, but have missed numerous Euro finals...;)

When you consider how long it takes young defenders to be given senior opportunities, Küver will probably need to mature massively in a short space of time, before anybody consider her a genuine candidate for a MVT squad.

Remember, Brand only saw herself elevated into the senior team early, because she's a forward who these ****** feel better utilized as a defender...:confused: But look at how few genuinely impressive young defenders get opportunities with the senior wnt; it's pretty bad.

Right now, Kleinherne (21), and now Wolter (23), are the only players under 23, who've been important defenders on past junior wnt's. And neither players are guaranteed starting roles on a senior team featuring 1 second choice FB, forcing Oberdorf, Feldkamp, Lattwein, Nüsken, into CB roles lol.

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    no it’s MVT’s words herself, meaning that she’s planning with Oberdorf in the defense and Magull/Däbritz/Marozsan in the midfield without a proper DM… :confused:

Batfink repped this.
  14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #439 Lohmann, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Voss-Tecklenburg already has a framework of "seven or eight key players" together, as the 53-year-old says. Goalkeeper Merle Frohms, the central defence with Lena Oberdorf and Martina Hegering, the top-class midfield with Lina Magull, Sara Däbritz and Dzsenifer Marozsan, plus offensive all-rounder Svenja Huth form the regular cast.

https://www.tagesschau.de/sport/sportschau/sportschau-story-45269.html

At the press conference MVT said that we will see during the tournament which are the seven or eight key players which regularly will play. I guess the names are just the fantasy of the journalist.
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/pk-vor-start-der-wm-quali-mit-martina-voss-tecklenburg/31038/

Edit: After watching the press conference further I recognized there was also a question about new key players. MVT mentioned Däbritz, Magull, Bühl, Frohms, Oberdorf and Hegering but she was speaking about potential to be a key player and not that they are already key players.

Batfink and hotjam2 repped this.
  15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Without context, I thought it was media finally asking why MVT should really be doing better than Jones, but instead it's much worse...:(, with MVT genuinely believing her garbage has created a spine of a strong team... YIKES indeed...o_O

Oberdorf not having had ONE game as a CB, where she looked truly confident, or beneficial to the team, as when she's playing as a CM/AM. But MVT, with ZERO evidence showcasing positives, believes Oberdorf - Hegering a strong CB partnership lol.

And to show how poor a coach she really is, she's also confirmed her mid-field 3 of Magull - Däbritz - Marozsan, after all of us have witnessed numerous matches where the Däbritz - Marozsan CM combination, remains completely useless in transitional phases of the game; aka they can't protect the back 4, or get the ball to forwards accurately, or quickly.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She really said this to the media, as if she's making been making intelligent decisions for years...:speechless: Seriously, Germany have ZERO chances of wining anything lol.

We haven't seen the wnt with a regular 7-8 strong performers in YEARS! What is this fraud talking about...?

She's suggesting Frohms the #1 now... huh, since when..? Who's the the 1st choice RB, because I know their isn't a real 1st choice LB. The CB partnerships are constantly changing too, and NEVER WORKING. The mid-field is the national programs strongest area, but always remains a selection farce.

Lol.. and what's Huth ever done better than Bühl, to make her the name MVT places in the list of a tournament finals key players...? I mean, it just sounds like MVT's saying after 4 years, she's not been able to find 14 regular players good enough to combine into a tournament winning 11..:confused:

Thomsen repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    MVT is lying to herself, and the media, when she says she has 8 regulars who are all key players...:cautious: This teams few decent performances haven't even included many of the names she's trying to highlight lol.

MVT's tenure being filled with lots of changes, and lots of poor performances; her best result to me being the 1-2 win away to England, in a game that actually did very little to convince people of her teams potential improvement.

I mean, a bigger issue here is there not even being a clear established style of successful football for these girls to rely on. Not forgetting this fraudulant system saw her latest changed 11 draw 0-0 with Chile... not too dissimilar to Jones finishing 0-0 with Hungary...:whistling:

18. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As I tried to explain: What the journalist wrote is not what MVT said. MVT has said that she doesn`t like the term of a first choice eleven and more than eleven players are necessary to win a tournament. She will in the second half of the season take less consideration for club interests and use the regular players (which are more than 11 for her) in the games against top teams. During a tournament there will be seven or eight players which will play in every game. MVT didn`t say who this players are. She didn`t said Frohms is No1 but she said that Frohms is extroverted and gives important input in coaching. She said that Bühl has big ambitions not only on the sporty side but also on personality development.
    She did not say that.

Batfink repped this.
  19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Eww, yeah, it's really disgusting to see what Jones and MVT have done... and that the media in Germany don't seem to care lol -- they were great criticizing Löw, fortunately, but they just continue to let this team of so much talent continually embarrass themselves...

See, I think Germany men and women find themselves in similar positions right now; a great selection of goalkeepers to choose from, and then they're really good off when it comes to midfield and attack but a proper forward, and then somewhat lacking options in the defense... :unsure: Only the men have Flick in charge now, while the poor women are stuck with Martina :confused:

I really think this team would be better off playing Lattwein or Oberdorf in front of the defense, then Magull and someone else in front of there again (Lohmann, Leupolz, Oberdorf) with Marozsan as an attacking midfielder, then Däbritz out wide -- and then have some flexibility of how these midfielders move, but there will at least be a clear plan of how the midfield will work :unsure: instead we'll see two of them, Marozsan, Magull or Däbritz as a double 6 if they continue to play the 4-2-3-1 system

Batfink repped this.
  20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    But this is exactly what the problem is, no? :confused: I mean, having a clear starting eleven, then 3-4 four players who can come from the bench and support and strengthen the team is exactly what you need to win games and tourneys, lol. It's what Flick's done so successful with Bayern, there being a clear starting eleven (a bit depending on injuries, like in the CL final), and then players coming from the bench and have an impact, such as Coutinho/Perisic/Thiago in the CL winning squad 2020 :unsure:

Seriously, how DFB allows the women's NT to be run like this for years ever since Neid is really baffling to me... :confused: I mean, I know Neid was criticized here, but at least she had a real plan and the WNT didn't struggle against the likes of Chile lol

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If this tournament just another round of seeing Germany facing England, France etc... forget it...:sleep:

She should have big ambitions... If Bühl continues to progress in her current upwards trajectory, she's going to be a very impressive player.

I mean if it wasn't for this incorrect belief she's also a defender, the only player I would have put ahead of Bühl is Oberdorf; so we'll see if form continues, and the Euro's becomes Bühl moment to announce her arrival to the world as an elite player.

Again, sorry... I should have gone to the links and taken on all the information first hand...:thumbsup:

However....after seeing all the same patterns of failure being repeated by MVT, I still don't like how any of this information sounds though...:cautious:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think people have got used to seeing the wnt being an underwhelming form of entertainment; also seeing the DFB's apathy for change, knowing they can move on over to following other teams, and other sports.

Your not going to attract, or retain fans/public interest anymore, using the boring slower error-ridden football we see now. And witnessing how uninterested everyone was in the world's then #2 side, failing to dominate a 60 something ranked opponent...:speechless:

Yeah, it felt like the reaction you'd expect for a BAD team...:whistling:

We haven't seen single match to justify any of MVT's decisions... not one. From defense, to the attack, we haven't seen MVT's grouping of players look like a team, or validate any ideas key individuals have established partnerships on the field.

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    guess I was expecting some earth shattering news from the translation (the way Thomsen & Batfink reacted), but it just sound mundane. So what I gather is no surprise that Oberdorf will continue as an CB, especially now that the WOB coach is in cohort with it. MVT’s aging best buddy Hegering will be the other starting CB, even though she missed 2 of the last 3 open windows. Oh, and she’ll be missing this next one too! So the whole defense will be two CB’s, who seem more familiar roving around the midfield with one carrying an recurring injury(which seems to Popp’s problem too)
    So rather than seek out what’s could be an emerging new golden generation, MVT placing all her bets on vets like Marozsan, Dabritz, Leupolz even though none feel at home playing for foreign clubs; Leupolz had an disastrous CL final and wasn’t even starting in Chelsea’s last match. Marozsan who in an interview last week, said that the NWSL is was too exhausting for her, so she’s happy to get back to Europe(where she gets to relax & stand around when either Lyon & or NT take on an bunkering 3rd tier opponent).

one thing that MVT can’t help is the ever weakening Bundesliga. Back around when Neid retired in 2016, it still could boast being the best, most balanced league in Europe, with Frankfurt winning the CL that year. But ever since, not only did the rest of Europe buy up the best domestic & international players in the league, but then the big two(BM & WOB) stole whatever talent’s left among the ten bottom feeders. And what happens? but like last week’s game where a very complacent Bayern, looking about as exciting as someone hanging out laundry out to dry, won their match(vs the very undermanned Freiburg) all the while given a very little playing time to the 3 subs(Gwinn, Lohmann & Rall) that they poached previously. Now with Buhl injured, this club doesn’t seem to have any ideas other than their over stacked talent will take over against opponents that can offer little bite back.

So looking like the new talent isn’t going to take over(in MVT’s own words, it’s all about the oldies), I can’t blame if the likes of Brand & Kuver aren’t part of this sinking ship(that in part MVT created but the Bundi as well) and prefer being part of those u19-20 youth tournaments coming up

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did you already start to forget Neid's teams also 100% struggled towards the end of her tenure... :unsure: Her final WC and Olympic tournaments..? They weren't great to watch lol.

See, I feel the main factor Neid provided her teams, was a complete dependency on one/two key world class individuals. Like after losing Keßler for the WC, we eventually saw the how the ugly football would fall short. But she turned to Behringer for the Olympic's, and the ugly football managed to win.

Supplemented with stand out performances from Däbritz, and Kemme, you saw how a poor team, can get it's key individuals working at the right time to become winners.

But they need to progress beyond that now, and for a nation of Germany's size, start making better use of it's many resources.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @Klingo3034 asked if their was video footage of the u17's recent match Vs. Sweden. And just like I thought, the Swedish FA still livestream their junior teams home matches.

Live 17.50 Sverige-Tyskland - Svensk fotboll
    Here's the full match... I've only seen the 1st half, but I'd say look out for the #11 Loreen Bender. She's part of Frankfurt's 2nd team now, and reminds me of a physically stronger, more skillful version of Wamser..:geek:

Klingo3034 repped this.