German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Big difference here... Sellner didn't make the WC squad due to the wnt coaches poor long term planning. Something MVT would openly admit during her post firing interviews, where she'd discuss not knowing what the hell she was meant to do with this team post Euro's...:speechless:

Someone like Hagel being left out, feeling like it actually part of something else, where the wnt coaches appear to no longer want to include dedicated CAM's anymore...:unsure: (changed to a 4-4-2 system)

The fact Lattwein's form also questioned by Hrubesch, something even more suspect, knowing Lohmann, Dallmann, Freigang, showing even more underwhelming form this season. Clearly be it playing time, or form, neither at the root of what's happened for this latest Nations League squad selection.

I think Brand's only here right now, because the same dummies that helped MVT, are still running the wnt program, and don't really believe in the strong club form coming from players like Endemann genuinely representing their true potential for international football..:whistling:

Like leaving out Anyomi even though her form better than Freigang, Endemann is starting for Wolfsburg ahead of Brand, and now sometimes SJJ, but in her first training session for the senior went, she's somehow found herself deployed as a LB...:confused:

The whole Nations League tournament we've not even seen anything to suggest Hrubesch helping Brand progress beyond her current misfit status either.

No matter how much we believe in Brand's true potential/talent eventually coming good, Bühl, Huth, Endemann, Dallmann, the only 4 wide forwards deserving of nominations to the wnt. But the coaches refuse to trust domestic club football.

I mean... it blatantly no longer a coincidence we struggle to see defenders deserving of wnt opportunities, given the chance to play, or even train with the senior wnt. It felt like a miracle to see Linder, and Senß playing for the wnt lol

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #4427 Batfink, Feb 21, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    It should be viewed really healthy to have a level of dispute in wnt squad selection, as it actually means you have genuine depth/talent, for coaches to create a strong team.

The issue for Germany's wnt though, is knowing regardless of depth/talent, there currently so much uncertainty with the wnt programs future, nobody has any idea if coaches should be creating squads for now, or the future.

If we ignore the CM/CAM debate, just hearing Endemann deployed as a LB, when we currently have at least 3 club level LB options in Gerhardt - Lührßen - L.Ostermeier, all proving themselves to be very capable of playing on a higher level...:confused:

This for me where things really have to change when it comes to wnt selection process. Watching unbalanced squads featuring 5/6 CM's..o_O, resulting in you often being unable to select a real FB.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Essen's Elmazi has been just as effective as Freigang this season during league play...
    [​IMG]
    But Anyomi who's shown genuine development this season, to move beyond Freigang in general effectiveness, finds herself left out of the latest wnt squad lol...:rolleyes:

Lohmann, a dynamic box to box CM who I genuinely believe possessing a Oberdorf level talent, has a grand total of 2 goals, ZERO assists this season...:speechless:. But Lattwein somehow identified as the player underperforming...
    [​IMG]

4. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Meh, there comes a point where it's too much and it impacts team cohesion.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That thought process only works if you actually have a winning stable/cohesive team already in place... but is this true for Germany's wnt...
    [​IMG]

We all have a general idea what we think these coaches hope to accomplish, but beyond a single month... literally ONE month of football lol, I don't I think we've ever seen the team appear stable/cohesive in it's style or play, or depth of talent.

Selecting Huth, Hagel, Nüsken, as defenders for the WC, probably the peak of Germany's poor squad development over the years too. It often feels like Germany's player analysis stuck in the early 2000's, where it completely oblivious to the improved depth of the modern era talent pool...:cautious:

BIHfan repped this.
  6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #4431 Batfink, Feb 21, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    @BIHfan If this the way Hrubesch wants to use these players...
    ------------------------ Popp/Dallmann ---------------- Schüller/Freigang ------------------------------
    Bühl/Brand --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Huth/Endemann
    ------------- Oberdorf/Senß ----------------------------- Lohmann/Nüsken/Däbritz --------------------
    Linder ------------ Hegering/Doorsoun ---------- Hendrich/Kleinherne -------------- Gwinn/Wolter
    ----------------------------------------- Frohms/Johannes -------------------------------------
    Are we really in a scenario, we couldn't remove Dallmann, Lohmann, or even Däbritz, and see this team actually provided more stability overall, with the inclusion of a new LB...?

This the likely starting 11 Vs France.
    ------------------------- Popp --------- Schüller ---------------------------
    Bühl ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Huth
    ----------------- Oberdorf -------------------- Nüsken --------------------
    Linder ------------ Hegering ---------- Hendrich -------------- Gwinn
    ----------------------------------- Frohms -------------------------------------
    And yet I don't know how these players are meant to function in this 4-4-2, but do know the instant you remove 2/3 of these players, everything begins to crumble...:cautious:

Having a strong 14-15 players typically all you need to win a major tournament. I honestly believe Germany have options like Simon, Rauch, Lohmann, Lattwein, Endemann, Brand, Magull, Däbritz, Sellner, that could ALL walk into this 11, and retain or even elevate it's quality.

But beyond theory, in actual practice this simply hasn't been the case, with the coaches often appearing confused at the thought of having to create teams without a Gwinn, Hegering, Oberdorf, Popp, Bühl, on the field.

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love Elmazi. It shows that Germany can compete with other countries in creating an ‘athletic monster’ to go along with its technical ones.
    Elmazi still a work in progress as she still does not have the ball control as yet of another athletic monster, Paralleulo . My hope is that the big bad wolf(WOB) doesn’t gobble up little red riding hood(Essen) & puts her on the bench instead(ala Brand, Hagel. Kuver).
    But for that Essen needs way more financial backing so it can pay its players professional salaries)
    ———————————————————-
    @Lohmann noticing that your avatar(s) been jinxed lately; I mean Lohmann hasn’t been exactly on fire/Roma lost & ended up in group last place after you put Sake on your avatar

for tomorrow’s game, could you put up temporarily an French player? lol

8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is this better?:cautious::sneaky:
    upload_2024-2-22_18-30-16.jpeg

blissett repped this.
  9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So... forwards like Popp, Brand, Schüller, Bühl, aren't athletically strong individuals...:confused: You keep trying to reinforce this old stereotype of German wnt players, even though this hasn't really been true for years lol...:rolleyes:

Paralleulo has had the massive benefit of being a young player who's education in football seen her part of very strong teams, all possessing elite tactical discipline too; allowing her to make most of her attacking movements far closer to goal than Elmazi will typically see while playing for Essen.

So yes.. Essen improved a lot this season, but seeing you trying to compare a 20yo first real season as a starter in 1.Bundesliga like Elmazi, to a 20yo junior WC winner, senior WC winner, senior level league winner, and UWCL winning Paralluelo, makes absolutely zero sense...:giggle:

And not with both players displaying very different offensive skill sets too, regardless of how quickly they can run with/without the ball.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #4435 Batfink, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    Seriously....:thumbsdown: Your just going to continue ignore how Bayern, and Frankfurt, both exist as destinations for the nations best talent too. Now talking about senior level players like Brand, Hagel, in a negative context, even though they both still see more productivity and game time than someone like Lohmann...:rolleyes:

Oh... and this occurring while Endemann is having a fantastic season for Wolfsburg too, having just left Essen with you previously very vocal in your belief she'd never feature regularly...:coffee:

Plus what's Wolfsburg supposed to do with Küver if she's still not healthy enough to start regularly..? The fact Wolfsburg even deploying as a CB, rather than the various RB/LB roles she could only manage within Frankfurt, already a HUGE win when it comes to her transfer decision to join a stronger team.

If Essen had a bigger budget, you know what happens.... the club no longer remains a home for developing some of the nations top talent, as the club can just buy what it needs, and never has to focus attention on pushing youngsters into the first team on a regular basis...:whistling:

Talking like bigger financial backing would just see Essen instantly retain their best players for longer, is such nonsense lol. With the examples of what really happens in this scenario currently all around women's to leagues right now.

Essen get access to more resources, the young talent just goes somewhere else to gain regular access to game time. And their best senior players still move on to rival teams, who can win leagues, play in the UWCL, and provide better spotlight to reach the wnt...:rolleyes:

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

The first of two friendlies for the u20's ending in a 3-1 defeat to Spain, where Peter would use all 11 subs at HT, the main thing I'd notice here is Germany's u20's using the same 4-4-2 (4-1-2-2-1) formation as the seniors; meaning this latest tactical change wasn't just a Hrubesch idea.

I don't know why this tactical adjustment being made, or who it actually meant to benefit either...:unsure: But seeing it used with zero positive effect by Peter, I hope Hrubesch can actually make this work for the senior team...:cautious:

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :ROFLMAO:But the game’s played in Lyon. Oh well, I might have to ask to put Sake’s pic back on when the US plays Japan in April. I’m a little perplexed about this; there’s a jinx here too as whoever wins the She Believes Cup, has yet to win thr major summer tournament later that same year!—so I might have to ask you to put an pic of Alex Morgan instead;)

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #4438 hotjam2, Feb 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    To be sure(the above mentioned )Popp & Schuller)are good athletes, but their scoring comes more in part due to their craftiness/abillty to be in the right place, at the right time, as well as an accurate/scores touch.
    ‘athletic monster’I would only reserve an few in this category; Paralleulo & SJJ and obviously some African players like PSG’s Chawinga—who blew right by now Bayern’s defense for one memorable goal.

Stroot is the one Bundi coach that actually scouts & seeks out potential ‘athletic monsters’.

Now I’m not saying these are the world’s greatest soccer players—-being too fast is hurting SJJ with her finishing touch, but on that rare occasion you can turn someone like Paralleulo into an all around skilled player—it could make the difference between winning an World Cup or not

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Olympic Games are in Paris so I thought it was the right name for the "French Lohmann". after the "German Lohmann" couldn't play in Sydney at the World Cup in Australia.

blissett repped this.
  15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    jinxing can be very complexing indeed

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i switched my avatar to Jule Brand for good luck. So far can't find an youtube link to the game, but they've been coming out all the day for the various other games being played today. Currently watching Swiss-Poland, Sorry @Lechus7 but Poland could use an Alisha Lehmann looking player on their squad!

blissett repped this.
  17. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4442 Lohmann, Feb 23, 2024
    I shouldn't use Lohmann avatar because she is not on fire and you have a Brand avatar!o_O:confused:
    Is there a player who is less on fire than Brand?:cautious: Are the five fingers Brand show us for the number of goals Germany will concede?:eek:

blissett repped this.
  18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    but I was hoping my success for accurately predicting the World Cup winners can somehow carry over to my avatar:thumbsup:

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    blissett repped this.
  20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #4445 hotjam2, Feb 23, 2024
    Can’t find a link, only for Ned/Spain. Got the feeling Horst wants to take this game to OT. So maybe my game gets switched over if it ends on time

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    France deservedly leading 2-0 at HT, and this entire first half of failure can literally be explained in one simple sentence. Hey dummies... your using Popp as a CAM lol...:thumbsdown:

blissett repped this.
  22. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Okay, we can concentrate on the match for third place now!o_O

blissett repped this.
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spain currently destroying the Dutch right now, so maybe a better chance to win third place?

blissett repped this.
  24. luka74

luka74 Member

Melbourne CIty, St Pauli, VFL Wolfsburg Frauen, Chelsea WSL
    Australia
    Nov 13, 2017
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Another useless display in tactical stupidity tonight, where Germany's wnt program continues to appear decades behind international rivals.

I can't believe in the same week, I'm watching the u20's and the seniors, being deployed with ridiculous formations that don't allow any of Germany's strengths to shine... or even be seen...:speechless:

Removing a dedicated CAM from all your teams, the biggest sign of how genuinely out of touch the DFB's wnt leadership are with their own national player development.

But tonight versus France, it's almost criminal after the WC disaster, that we've still watching Popp yet AGAIN forced into a CAM role we ALL know negative to the team, and her own general effectiveness...:thumbsdown:

Thomsen and luka74 repped this.