German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    2 years away from a Euro's, without senior leadership being part of the team, but the same coaching staff leading the team... yikes...:speechless:

I never thought I'd see Germany fail to escape a WC group stage featuring Morocco, Colombia, South Korea. But after the scare they had with Jones, I'm starting to see the early signs of Germany's wnt not qualifying for a Euro's..:cautious:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Imagine... after witnessing the poor standard of football allowing them to lose to Denmark, Germany then unable to beat Iceland, or Wales, in their opening Nations League matches.
    [​IMG]

3. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I don`t even want to imagine the nightmare, should Popp retire now.
    [​IMG]

4. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    For that to happen, there would need to be more quality teams in Europe than there are now.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well, this is so bad now... I'm seeing fans online turning against Popp being a starter in this team...:speechless:

Fans seem so lost with everything their seeing, they've resorted to just start players who typically sit on the bench, they'll do better lol.

I think today's game broke a lot of peoples hope.

blissett repped this.
  6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    I understand how the quality of Germany's players makes this incredibly hard to fathom, but the true condition of this teams is so BAD... losing to even more mediocre UEFA nations the only thing we should expect to see in the near future.

And this coming from someone who's seen a lot of men's and women's football, and still find myself constantly shocked at how completely lost Germany's wnt appear to be...:confused:

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #3782 Batfink, Sep 22, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
    MVT not being on the touchline has had the desired effect for the DFB too, with post match opinion saying this result has nothing to do with someone who's sick...:rolleyes:

No sign of MVT, fans have resorted to blaming the players now, meaning general moral will be even lower for what's coming Vs Iceland.

And as much as I'd prefer them to win, I wouldn't be shocked to see this next match become the woeful end to a host of players wnt careers...:(

blissett repped this.
  8. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    I agree with most of your points, I'm just waiting to see what happens against Iceland (but also against Wales in October) to really have a better opinion. Some players definitely had a worse game than others (Rauch, Magull, Popp, Anyomi mainly I would say) but then again no one stood out as being good enough.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At it's core... the wnt program is broken. It's over...:( The way this group of players would perform for Carlson, says this cycle are absolutely at the end.

And after what Popp said prior to these two opening Nation League matches, we should probably expect to see the Iceland game mark the end of quite a few of these players wnt careers.

The DFB then get to bring MVT back to do ANOTHER rebuild, that leads to even more embarrassment/failure in the form of not qualifying for the Euro's...:cautious:

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The issue for me after this latest collapse, is saying these players always give their best, knowing other fans are now at the point of repeating the same mantra as the DFB/coaching staff, suggesting players aren't actually giving their full effort to the national team jersey...:confused:

Their not comprehending why their seeing good players, without being able to understand the fundamental flaws in the way the wnt program functions.

It's laying the perfect groundwork for MVT eventual return, and even more new lows for this program over the next 2 years...:(

11. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    But what if she doesn't want to return? It's not even her illness that's the issue, she also apparently had a mental breakout after the World Cup.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The only thing saving the wnt program right now, is domestic club football.

If we see any decline in this aspect of German women's football, I genuinely fear what the results could be for a wnt program lead by individuals who can't grasp the basics of modern elite women's international football...:unsure:

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's not just her... this the problem. People think they remove MVT, everything will be fine, but it's not just MVT that needs to be removed before the wnt program can begin to heal.

Like I said... it's broken at it's core right now, and with Olympic/Nations League failure on the horizon, it requires a completely new direction for things to correct course before the Euro's qualification process begins.

BIHfan repped this.
  14. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Yes we agree, I was just refering to your theory that MVT will somehow return.

15. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020

Full game replay in German ^^

hotjam2 repped this.
  16. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020

Glodis' goal for Iceland against Wales.

Weltmann and Lohmann repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #3792 Batfink, Sep 23, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    The U19's just beat Denmark's u19's today 4-1 in a friendly tournament in England, with a team missing a lot of it's best players...:rolleyes:

So thanks to a one good decision allowing young women to train and play with young men deep into their late teens, Germany's youth talent thankfully insulated from a lot of the DFB's garbage policy.

But if things continue as they are, we won't see any of these players accomplish anything significant with the senior wnt come the 2025 Euro's, or beyond...:(

blissett repped this.
  18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We're currently watching the youngest squad at the Euro's last year, sink towards new levels of mediocrity while rivals have only continued to improve over the same period of time...:confused:

And yet in this reality, we have the DFB suspending their analysis of WC failure, while they wait on the future of MVT lol...o_O

If you want a clear sign nothing set to change here... this is surely it, no..? Be it MVT returning, the current coaches not being removed, or the leadership behind the scenes being allowed to make even more poor long term decisions... we all realize nothings going to change, right..?

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Gwinn was on film crying after the teams defeat to Denmark... crying...:speechless:

From Carlson's pre match talk repeating it still being the players fault, to Popp saying she'd announce her future plans after first two Nations League games, and now seeing Gwinn appear broken on her return to the team.

It just feels like this the end point for this particular group of players...:unsure:; which again is crazy, knowing it was the PERFECT balance of talent, age, and experience, to challenge for major trophies...:confused:

blissett repped this.
  20. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    I don't know about Popp but Gwinn still has a good 10 years of international football left in her if she stays injury-free which is not a guarantee given her recent history. At most, she might step aside temporarily if this is too much for her or Germany might pull a Spain pre and post-WC on the DFB if this becomes unbearable for them and they keep losing. That ultimately might be the only way to at least somewhat enable perhaps some changes.

I just looked for the replay right after the game and did not see Gwinn crying.

21. luka74

luka74 Member

Melbourne CIty, St Pauli, VFL Wolfsburg Frauen, Chelsea WSL
    Australia
    Nov 13, 2017
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm sick of seeing these players upset and crying, or looking incredibly frustrated and angry. surely something has to change, unfortunately it doesn't seem likely soon. Who would be candidates to take over as manager ?

22. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    No one is a candidate, finding a candidate to take over will be extremely hard.

luka74 repped this.
  23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #3798 Batfink, Sep 24, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2023

See what I mean... thankfully I wasn't the only one to see this moment during the post match warm down... :(

Weltmann and blissett repped this.
  24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Gwinn is in a very weird place right now. Her club actively searching to replace her this summer...:cautious:, but still an elite player who's fitness remains the only factor holding her back from higher status/more recognition.

I don't know how this works for Gwinn... but similar to Popp, with highs and lows, I don't see it including a decade of her being part of the wnt...:unsure:

25. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Yeah it really went unnoticed.