German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    It's ~30 C in shade.
    Looks like German team is partially beaten by their black kits...
    ...and Chilean high altitude training ;)

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lost feed on the last 30 minutes, but the score ends 0-0(this against a team that lost to Slovakia last Thursday)

Buhl, Anyomi, Krumbiegel, Lohmann all got subbed in; a lot of speed what does it matter when MVT refuses to play the fast transition game that the rest of the world is turning too?

these two games might not loose MVT her job, but most likely will loose Germany it’s #2 ranking

3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Both teams had chance to stole this match in added time.
    Zamora was running up and down right wing for full 90... but what's Anyomi excuse? :p

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol... Chile are bad, Germany are much worse. But it just means we're now in a time frame the Chilean wnt has a better run TEAM, than European giants Germany...:ROFLMAO:

I'm reading stats saying Chile... away from home... had more shot on goal than the German wnt...:giggle:. I'm not sure if I even want to see this latest garbage mound of a performance, but isn't this beginning to look almost EXACTLY like it did under Jones, no...?

Almost like the players know their being lead by complete frauds...:whistling:

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #355 Batfink, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    MVT selecting 27 players immediately sent out too many negative signs...

She's already had a reasonable excuse for the WWC, but right now seeing her randomly selecting players without any clear progress, tells me this is more amateurish level Jones nonsense being recreated all over again.

I mean.. I haven't seen this latest match... but I've seen too much elite football to not understand what this feels like; and it feels like the players aren't following the deception anymore.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #356 Batfink, Jun 15, 2021
    Players aren't dumb... they know when their being lead by frauds; and right, or wrong, will often begin to lower standards in terms of individual performance.

Looking at the stats I'm seeing, this sure feels like lowering individual performances are in line with MVT coming closer to the end of her time with the German wnt.

However... with the DFB's various issues right now, I have a hard time believing them truly capable of finally acting on the previous talk of wnt program changes. Changes Oliver Bierhoff was openly discussing, but never actually implemented a few years ago...:unsure:

The German wnt remains the worst run wnt program in women's football. No other program with access to similar, or the same level of resources, are run as inefficient as the DFB's wnt... none!

7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wow, think I might watch this one as I’m really starting to question whether MVT is just as bad as Steffi Jones lol

8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Surprisingly I could log in but I can`t click on all forums (especially those in the right column). Also some videos are not viewable for me. Bigsoccer is working as good as the German team against Chile today. 90 minutes of my life wasted and Lohmann injured.:thumbsdown::devilish::mad:.

blissett repped this.
  9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Edit or quote also doesn`t work for me.
    And now also smilies

blissett repped this.
  10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #360 hotjam2, Jun 15, 2021
    here's the full game replay in German, still got to watch the final 30 min. before commenting. I guess can't be all bad; poor Norway lost 7-0 to Netherlands to today for their worst defeat ever! And the men's as well lost

Klingo3034 repped this.
  11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    didn’t see much difference in the men’s game; as usual, a lot of over passing with the more emphasis to center the ball into the goal mouth for the final shot or header. But in both cases(men & women)the end product proved ZERO goals.

Just wish Germany would play with a lot more variety; take more shots from distances(like the one the French women scored with)/dribble drive a bit more(like Karchaoui did)/allow long individual runs(like the French men proved to be so dangerous at)/get behind the opposing defense(only done in the last minute vs Chile)/and then be able to switch quickly the point of attack, as compared to especially the women who seem to move the ball up on just one side of the field instead finding an open team mate on the other side

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reading her post match quotes, she's definitely starting to sound like a confused Jones now; this being a coach who's last hope is speaking about her results with an increasingly strong tone of denial...:speechless:

I mean... I will say MVT did basically admit she couldn't get any of her messages across to the players lol. Making me more convinced she only selected a 27 player squad, because she's aware of the post WC regression, and is desperate to find anything to reverse the obvious negative end result this means for her job...:cautious:

A coach constantly talking positive in the face of poor performances (win, or loss), and now openly admitting their inability to reach the players. Yeah... I feel like this isn't going to get any better for her, or the players.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are we really comparing the wnt facing Chile, to the men facing a team of world class WC wining talent at the Euro finals...:confused:

Believe me... If the women had actually played anything like their men, they would have 100% beaten Chile... and beaten them with EASE.

Again... this fixes absolutely NOTHING! Playing like other nations is why the wnt has continued to look so bad, for so long.

The German wnt program definitely needs an complete rebuild of it's foundations; but doing this, not acknowledging the strengths, or weakness, of your own player pool, is just a football association attempting to create a castle made from sand.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I haven't finished watching the match Vs Chile yet, but from what I've seen so far... Germany off the ball, were far worse than the side they become when they had possession of the ball..:thumbsdown:

There's moments when players are literally standing still, not making them selves available for the simplest of passes; watching the player in possession get confused before losing the ball, or seeing them going way back to the GK to recycle the ball.. wow... it's bad.

Rall has both hands gesturing to her team mates, openly begging them at times to make themselves available for better passing options lol. And this Vs a Chile side that individually can't even out run the slowest German player, but still creates chances with ease, as Germany's poor tactics are now matched with even worst effort...:speechless:

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Waßmuth, and Rall, as two of the leagues better duos, spend all season playing together on Hoffenheim's right side, and then they play for the wnt looking like it's the first time they've ever seen each other lol... does MVT not know any of these players strengths...?

Not once has anybody looked to play Waßmuth into space. A player who barely touches the ball more than 3 times in any attacking move, is losing possession trying to dribble through mid-field like she's Caroline Graham Hansen, all because there's no quick passing options available to exploit the clear spaces behind Chile's defense..:speechless:

I don't know what's happening amongst the coaching staff... but the low energy in the stadium, the less than enthusiastic commentary, with the negative body language on display from the players, has this all feeling very Jones era...:unsure:

16. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Donhauser will play next season for 1.FC Köln.

BigSoccer works normally for me today. I guess for MVT it will take more than a week to solve the problems.:sneaky:

hotjam2 and blissett repped this.
  17. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    blissett repped this.
  18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    thanks for the info, Donhauser’s cutting/dribbling style will be a fine edition to Bundi action. With probable more playing time, might get an closer look by MVT!(but then turn her into an GK lol)

do know that BS gives you on option to stay logged in?
    but always remember the haunting last words of Eagles/Hotel California song;
    “You may check in anytime you like, but you may never leave”

one Fact; the XI starters vs Chile had an combined 81 caps between them of which Dallmann had 34(nearly half).
    The problem with an B team(even though some of them are better than A players) is the lack of togetherness as an unit(a few days of practice at most), especially to click into the type of euphoria, passing game like Spain, but who’s unit plays/sticks together all year round as Barcelona.
    Again, there’s got to some co-ordination between NT & clubs; I mean even you say Popp should be the starting striker, yet is that her position at Wolfsburg?(obviously not)

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    New assistant coaches for DFB youth teams

blissett repped this.
  20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so what's Julia Simic's going to teach them; how to look good when taking selfies? Putting people without prior coaching experience in semi charge in such an high , national level smacks again of Stefi Jones!

Batfink@ so know how much you like the Bayern Munich's technical/possession, school of soccer, style. But now look who they sign; Sofia Jakobsson, arguably the world's fastest, most athletic woso player. So basically isnt this a bit hypocritical? (I mean, here's BM admitting that their purist technics aren't good enough). So can't blame if MVT don't copy BM & vice versa, BM seem more intend on winning theCL then helping the NT produce a winning formula

but do agree, that's it;s almost criminal that MVT keeps using Brand as an FB(in oe way she knows of Brand's potential, in another truelly sad trying to turn Brand into her own creation)

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And...? All I saw was a German B (potentially even a C) team lacking any sense of direction/identity towards what it actually wanted to accomplish; and doing so facing a resolute, but clearly mainly semi professional Chile side, with obvious glaring weakness it's opponents simply couldn't exploit...:thumbsdown:

So I don't care how inexperienced MVT's team selection was... it was still a highly competent group of individuals, comprised of former junior Euro and WC winners, all unable to combine the most simple passes, in a match vs at best high 30's FIFA ranked opponent...:thumbsdown:

There's no excuse....any other national team showing this level of prolonged resource mismanagement would see it's leadership removed, not protected.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... the clubs need to do what's best for THEMSELVES, and their many, many players. If the national team hasn't been able to advance it's own level of professionalism to a modern standard, it's not the duty of the clubs to further conceal, or disguise, the amateurish approach of the wnt program.

From it's U-15's, to the senior side, the past decade has seen Germany show ZERO ability to groom a minimum of 14 players players for the demands of elite competition. So again... how is this the fault of the clubs...?

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol... I don't like it all the time... I just understand this necessary growth in style of their play, being the initial solid foundation of what will clearly become Germany's the next successful Bundesliga/WUCL side.

Lol.. no. Only in your mind would Bayern Munich making a series of solid, and smart acquisitions, be a clear sign of weakness...:rolleyes:. See, after losing both Rolfö and Däbritz, they've signed Asseyi, Bühl, Beerensteyn, Gwinn, Jakobsson; but somehow this is bad now, because... Bayern's style of play isn't kick and chase...?

Bühl (20yo) Schüller (23yo) Giulia Gwinn (22yo), are going to be challenged by Asseyi (27yo), Beerensteyn (24yo), Jakobsson (31yo), in a season Bayern want to retain the league, and reach a UCL final. Yeah... I think this is what good squad development looks like...:whistling:

I mean MVT can't even identify Brand's qualities as a wide forward, but it's somehow a major negative for Bayern Munich's women to identify the added benefits of having various quick direct wide threats, possessing high end product lol...
    o_O

Lechus7 repped this.
  24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    found two Jule Brand vids;
    game against Australia

vs mostly Norway

25. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+