German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They'll be showing games from 1,Bundesliga this season too. So now you can actually discuss things with better insight than a 5 sec clip of a player doing something impressive, or poor...:rolleyes:

All ready here... Bayern have thrown out the string foundation for success established by past coaches, which means no longer having a core of strong domestic talent starting for them each week.

And with them looking to replace Gwinn for this season, I already predicted come next season they won't even have 3 German players starting for them anymore...:speechless:

Letting elite foreign defenders like Glass and Kumagai also leave, you know Straus was making clear effort to replace everything with his own vision; and we'll see what this means for the club starting this season...:cautious:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And what did this chart have to do with anything concerning Germany...? Germany and the USwnt, aren't similar in any aspect of the game...:unsure:

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Make your mind up lol. I tell you it's a healthy sign for the wnt, seeing it's various clubs featuring so much strong domestic talent, while you've been nothing but negative about this fact... but suddenly convincing yourself too many German clubs have too many foreign players....:confused:

Yes, I think Bayern are making a major mistake moving away from having a strong domestic spine, so I'll let you have them for this argument. But how the hell are Frankfurt, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen etc.. even part of your examples being used lol.

Wolfsburg could FACTUALLY start an all German starting 11 this season, that could be considered a strong Germany first choice 11 lol. With Frankfurt not only home to 5 starters who are all on Germany wnt right now, but also home to the coming next wave of wnt talent too lol.

Just taking players from the nations top 4 clubs... it's already beyond 23 players. And if we start adding players from Freiburg, Leverkusen, Essen, your looking at an additional 9 candidates. LOL.. any other nation calls this a healthy player pool...:rolleyes:

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

5. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Well....I was almost right:p

Batfink repped this.
  6. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    I called it right after the Japan defeat, he is the right man for this.

7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Question. Is MagnetaSport youtube showing highlights from Frauen Bundesliga this season?

8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Magenta Sport should be showing highlights.
    "MagentaSport will continue to broadcast all 132 matches live in the new season, while DAZN will also broadcast all matches co-exclusively in the future. In addition, ARD and ZDF have acquired the right to ten free-to-air live matches per season. In the future, a total of 32 live games per season will be shown on free TV. Highlights of all matches will be offered by ARD/ZDF, MagentaSport, DAZN and Sky."

I don't know why MagentaSport didn't show highlights on matchday 1.:unsure:

9. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Press Conference ahead of the nations league game vs. Denmark.
    No questions answered concerning MVT. Britta Carlson is only available for a full time head coaching job at club level and Gwinn not ready yet for 90 min. Other then that...bla,bla and the U 17 coach Sabine Loderer was brought in to support Carlson. My gut feeling tells me, she has the resume this federation just loves :whistling:
    https://datencenter.dfb.de/profil/58487?historize_title=&historize_url=

Batfink repped this.
  10. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    This "temporary" change in coaching could be a blessing in disguise.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol.. crazy...:speechless: MVT both exists, and doesn't exist, as the head coach of the wnt lol...:rolleyes:

It really is a mess...:(

When the players said they didn't want MVT to return, I'm sure their not ignorant to the fact Carlson also an extension of the exact same problems.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd like to see Germany win Vs Denmark, and actually believe they will accomplish this too... but I really don't like the way the DFB is handling any of this, having the team leadership remain in a limbo state headed into Nations League Olympic qualification...:thumbsdown:

Leupolz will receive a better goodbye than Marozsan, which is honestly speaks to how badly they handled Marozsan's last game with the wnt.

Carlson speaking about needed "tactical changes"....:unsure:, as if it wasn't obvious the coaches WC efforts comically stupid over their 3 group games.

With Däbritz, Sellner, Doorsoun, all ruled out. Gwinn and Dallmann available for selection, but unlikely to play. It should be interesting to see if these dummies have the intelligence to use Linder at FB, and finally use one or both of Lattwein, and Lohmann, in the mid-field.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just keep it simple Vs Denmark....
    Bühl ----------------------- Popp ---------------------- Huth
    ---------- Lattwein/Lohmann ---------- Magull -----------
    ---------------------------- Oberdorf ---------------------------
    Rauch ----- Hegering ----------- Hendrich ------ Linder
    ---------------------------- Frohms ----------------------------

The wnt still needing to bring in another FB, and two more CB options. This whole process being in limbo until the future of MVT a her coaches fully decided, is very annoying.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Unlike the dark days of declining numbers of people showing up to stadiums, good to see people still eager to see the team play.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Popp was asked by the media today if the team wanted to continue with MVT, and her answers were "You know that I won't answer that question. It’s fundamentally not our decision.”...:whistling:

“We hope that Martina will get well again and that she will be back fully recovered at some point. Only the association decides about everything else and not us.”

“Nobody is happy about the situation right now, but we have to accept it as best we can,”

So from what the players said in their documentary, to the latest rumours they've made it clear they don't want to see MVT return, I feel like it's becoming pretty clear now there's a legit divide between the coaching staff, the senior players within the wnt program...:cautious:

Weltmann repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Popp showing ZERO support for the possibility of MVT's return to the head coaching role of the wnt, was pretty loud a clear here lol.

I mean... am I wrong in thinking the players will have been told if MVT genuinely sick...? Yet Popp's answers here very cold... almost indifferent towards the health status of the head coach...:unsure:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Plus I think it still relevant the leaders of this team won't have forgotten the way Carlson and the rest of the coaching staff would jump to the defence of MVT either, when they needlessly threw the players to the sharks pre Euro's, and pre WC, insinuating they weren't giving their very best to the wnt jersey, or their head coaches ideas/plans.

All this continues to make the next two matches needlessly confusing, as we all know Carlson will still be continuing the work of MVT in these next two games, meaning win or lose, these performances will still be attached to the legacy of MVT...:confused:

19. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Ultimately it is the DFB who will decide, the players have next to no say in this.

Batfink repped this.
  20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed.... but it's still interesting seeing how this will all end now, when the players continue to show little interest in defending the current regime maintaining their control.

They won't even back DFB's post WC lack of action on MVT, currently being presented as a federation behaving cautiously. Seeing Popp remark “Nobody is happy about the situation right now, but we have to accept it as best we can,”... WOW lol.

You don't see this lack of sentiment for someone who's presence is genuinely missed lol.

Weltmann and BIHfan repped this.
  21. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I just watched some of the Popp press conference and you`re right... the way she answered the questions...yikes...I think she is not a fan of MVT.:whistling:

She even says it through the grapevine,,..." that the team on the field wasn`t on the same page."

So what the players told the press in anonymity after the world cup is confirmed. They had no idea what to do.

1:30
    https://www.sportschau.de/fussball/...eidet-bekenntnis-zu-voss-tecklenburg-100.html

Batfink and blissett repped this.
  22. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    At this point, I don't think there are any players that still support MVT or if they do they are very discret about it.

Batfink repped this.
  23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which is even more relevant in this case, as MVT the coach who'd bring Popp into professional senior team club football as a teenager with the old FFC Duisburg.

You'd think the relationship here would have Popp come to the defence of MVT... but no. As the most prominent figure in this team, she's making it clear the players are done with the amateurish attitudes towards the leadership of the wnt.

LOL... yeah, anybody being honest could see this was the case for a full 12 months leading towards the WC...:rolleyes:

Things getting so bad... we'd see the most positive wnt fans decide to openly speak of coming doom and gloom for this side come the WC...:speechless:

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Outside a month of shockingly high quality football, the wnt for close to a decade a complete mess tactically.

And the documentary series has the players speak on this, where young and old members of the team used to improved conditions of club football, state their frustration with coaching inconsistency within the wnt program.

I mean, damn... even now when you hope to see togetherness, Carlson, decides to continue repeating the same horse sh*t about the players not showcasing enough "aggressiveness and passion"...
    [​IMG]

25. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Carlson is a mouthpiece for MVT and the DFB, therefore she is asked to regurgitate their weak talking points.