German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably MVT was at the game & had some sharp words with Pallowek( to be so coincidental with the Polish NT announcement), lol
    You’ll see, Corley & Martinez will be poached next!(unless MVT hurries & caps them)
    I read Popp had an successful surgery, so probably a way shorter recovery time. But I do remember Nadine Kessler’s botched knee surgery forced her retirement right about the time she was voted Ballon D’Or(so could of bern a reason for concern)

2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think MVT was seen in Leverkusen at that time but I guess she have told Pawollek before this decision that she doesn`t play a role in MVT`s plans. I don`t think that USA is interested in a player that currently plays for Bayern II.o_O

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'll give MVT a little credit for finally using a true CM within one of the double 6 roles of her teams 4-2-3-1. But are you also really trying to compare the squad of a 6th place Eintracht Frankfurt, with the options available to MVT's German wnt lol....:confused:

MVT has CM options like Lattwein, Oberdorf, Leupolz, Nüsken, Lohmann, to use within double 6 roles for a 4-2-3-1 formation. Making the need to ever see Marozsan - Däbritz starting together again.... completely redundant.

Just comparing Nüsken-Däbritz, to Marozsan-Däbritz, it's blatant to anyone with minimal football knowledge just how inferior the more gifted Marozsan-Däbritz partnership are in the 4-2-3-1.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...:ROFLMAO: She was awful for HUGE stretches of both matches. So poor even MVT would make post match comments about Krumbiegel's confused actions, saying she had to constantly talk/direct her throughout the match.

Honestly... for a player who can't get into her club side ahead of a younger Brand, it should be easy to acknowledge just how far beyond her current capabilities senior wnt football is for Krumbiegel right now.

In a few years she may be ready... but the Krumbiegel we currently see has the slow reaction speed, poor balance, and low awareness, you simply can't justify/accept as a starter within a senior wnt blessed with far better options.

Looking beyond MVT's main three WF's (Huth, Bühl, Waßmuth), I see Däbritz, Brand, Gwinn, Anyomi, Wamser, all vastly superior to Krumbiegel. Oh, and this with me also leaving out potential wnt WF options like a young but impressive Corley, or a deceptively effective Loos from SC Sand.

Plus Krumbiegel isn't even quick lol... so I have absolutely zero idea why you continue to mention this as a positive attribute of her game.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #255 hotjam2, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
    learning from the famed Bayern Munich’s school of soccer as well as other clubs like Turbine Potsdam, is valuable experience to the rest of the world.
    Corley might of been born in the US, but seems to have some ethnicity in her that could make her poach able by other nations as well. Consider Brazil poached Fuso & an a 17 year old(forgot her name) who played for youth NT’s of 3 different countries, so poaching is an serious threat & that’s why I called correctly MVT’s quick. capping Anyomi(even though she’s been carrying on an injury/or just hasn’t been showing up for Essen’s games).
    I’ve only seen Corley play vs the Kazak team, where she showed some great dribbling moves ala Caro Hansen. But she was a bit slow chasing after mid/long range passes. So she would be really good in breaking down bunker type opponents /not so good for counters(trainers could work on her speed though).
    One slight problem is that MVT’s all ready got 4 left-side wingers(which is what Corley played vs Kazak), but we know MVT, try her out at CB? lol

What about BM’s lil Linda Dallmann mini me, Donhauser , is she moving to another club for more playing time?
    As well as the other teen, the FB Pallok could she be possibly be poached by Polland?

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We’ll see who MVT picks for 23-25 member squad for the French friendly. Against an arch rival like that, I hope MVT a lot more serious than she’s been in recent games. I mean there was something quite off vs Norway, where the poorer performing players stayed longer in the game than the stronger ones; Dabritz, Hendrich, Wassmuth even Hegering subbed way to early compared with Popp barely touching the ball but stayed a full 90 min. Why take chances like that?

still feel the worst problem is at CB, just looking at highlights of Sunday’s WOB/EF match; once again Kleinheme tried to drive up with the ball, only to get it stripped for the easy WOB goal/as well as Doursoon getting burned with nobody coming to help. Does sound familiar along the lines of how similar MVT does defense

7. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Donhauser gets enough playing time...for Bayern II.;)

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not everybody going to shine right away, Hegering & even Wassmuth were late bloomers(at least getting on the NT), I see tremendous potential in Donhauser(still only 19) in her ‘slashing’ style, but sooner or later she got to get on another club for more div 1 playing time

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just saw the cup final, and honestly... I feel like Kleinherne could have easily been called POTM, no...?

So yes... she definitely has some obvious issues with the execution of her various attempts to carry the ball into mid-field, but there's also a pretty strong emerging international caliber CB for MVT to select too.

I mean, both Kleinherne and Doorsoun are weak in the air, providing very similar attributes in speed during 1v1 duels; but I still feel like Kleinherne the overall better calmer/less impetuous defender when to comes to making tackles in or around the penalty area.

Lechus7 repped this.
  10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A reborn Hegering as a #1st choice club and wnt CB, would probably function best with a CB partner like Kleinherne. As Kleinherne's speed is similar to Doorsoun (good to cover Hegering's aggressiveness attacking the ball), but with the bonus of her being far better on the ball... even if it comes with overconfidence dribbling leading to self imposed expensive errors.

Meaning if Kleinherne - Doorsoun - Hegering - Feldkamp are MVT's 4 main CB options now, she'll need to test the defense without Hegering, if this new look team doesn't have CB options like Elsig part of the future plans.

Doorsoun/Kleinherne = both not physically strong, but both pretty quick. Lacking strength winning balls in the air, showcasing insecurities whenever tasked with responsibilities in moving the ball into mid-field.

This isn't great if Feldkamp becomes the latest CM being asked to play at CB. Surely forcing MVT to look at a Wirtz, Wedemeyer, or Stegemann.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and can somebody explain why Wolter has never held any role within MVT's plans...?

I remember she was excellent within Germany's last U-20 WWC winning team as a CB, and has all the obvious attributes of a strong RB too.

Wedemeyer's exclusion can be explained (not enough starting minutes for Wolfsburg)... but Wolter's continued absence from the senior team is really puzzling...:unsure:

12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Probably a controversial take lol... but seeing her play again, I feel like Oberdorf is already a vastly superior player compared to Leupolz too; with Nüsken and Lohmann both on the path to also move beyond Leupolz very soon.

I'm not seeing evidence why Däbritz - Marozsan - Popp - Leupolz should be first choice mid-fielders for MVT's Euro's side....:cautious:

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #264 Batfink, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
    No Simon again... and still no looks at new legitimate defensive options. It feels like the senior program/MVT will never learn...:confused:

Seeing Oberdorf, Brand, and Lattwein's names all back in the defenders list, just smells of absolute stubbornness to acknowledge the obvious flaws in the programs female player analysis (Lattwein will NEVER be a CB).

But no Wolter or Rall as FB options... as if Maier is still somehow relevant at the elite level. Bringing back Knaak...o_O, while continuing to pretend Starke has any genuine role on the team lol.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    can't see that well, but could you write in big capital letters who's on the very bottom of the list in the 2nd column? lol
    So no Marozsan, Popp or Hendrich, so better chance for others , just don't get that after Jule Brand breaks the record for the fastest goal for an debutant in history, she turned into a defender by MVT? Go figure......
    Wolter did get an cap last December
    Republic of Ireland vs. Germany - 1 December 2020 - Women Soccerway
    but Wolter is hard up for playing time over at Wolfsburg like so many other promising young guns, and it's only going to get worse as the monolith goliath new coach apparently going to bring half of the Dutch NT over along with newbies like Wassmuth, Lattwein & Starke
    Kleineheme had a much better game, but she still seemed to come up more than she should. The one player I was hyping that MVT would call up was the left FB, Kuver. She won all her tackles, plus she could play up as winger as well, but she's only 17. so maybe for next call up vs the likes of Bulgaria & Turkey?

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wolter is a really strong multifunctional role player at Wolfsburg, who's unfortunately moved to them as a highly promising CB, and instead found herself deployed anywhere but at CB by her new coaches...:confused:

And what's worse is knowing fools within the WNT program would rather select/waste talented young CM's like Oberdorf, Feldkamp, Lattwein, in CB roles, when these fools witnessed what potential Wolter has a CB helping the U-20's win a world title.

Examples like this for me highlighting how incompetent the DFB's female program remains at tracking/analyzing it's talent. As wnt's with far less to work with, simply wouldn't allow a defensive talent like Wolter to disappear; they'd select her regardless of her club's decisions.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did you not see how suffocated Frankfurt's mid-field/attack was for HUGE stretches of that final...? If Kleinherne didn't attempt to move the ball forward, her team would have never left their half with any degree of accuracy over the 90 mins of normal time.

Besides one clear dribbling error Vs Wolfsburg, I think Kleinherne proved she's probably a better defender than Doorsoun. Meaning her true test will be what happens when teams sit back, allowing her to have the ball believing she incapable of passing the ball forward accurately.

As right now believing her player pool without the CB talent to both defend, and progress the ball into mid-fielders and forwards with accuracy, MVT has turned to converting CM's (with limited success), into patchwork CB's.

So can't a young Kleinherne be a better option than MVT needlessly wasting time converting CM's into panicked CB's..?

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    MVT should just concentrate on constructing a strong team from a mere 14 players first. Then Germany's 22 player wnt squad may actually accomplish something more than failing at the elite level of competition when it matters most...:whistling:

Seriously.... wasting time on Krumbiegel or Knaak, knowing Wasmer exists as a superior future prospect within a wnt already filed with WF options like Bühl - Brand - Anyomi - Huth - Waßmuth - Däbritz... is pointless.

And the same goes for Küver, who at 17 seems impressive, but this for a program who's already got seniors like Simon, Hendrich, Maier, Rauch, Rall available for MVT to waste.

I feel like Rall currently facing Hendrich, and Maier, is the FB who deserves the opportunity to validate future senior team opportunities. But at 17, it's obvious Küver's time will come...

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #269 hotjam2, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    I think she would make an better FB; of course Oberdorf should move up to DM. Key to defending is if the FB’s remain relatively grounded; whether it’s MVT or WOB they got a habit of sending their FB’s way up/out of position even before securing their ground/passing game. Thus if dispossessed, allows the opponents quick counters against CB defending without support from their FB’s. I mean that’s why Doursoon was left all alone to defend against Prasnikar.
    Frankfurt for the most part, kept their back line closely aligned, but then it was the awful right-back, Santos, who’s miss tackle led to the WOB goal; got the feeling if they only subbed Santos out/kept Kuver in, Frankfurt might of tied/won the game.
    Well the problem too is they need to get something better than those two slow poke, Austro wingers.
    Sad part as well how badly Freigang was outperformed by her own team mate, Prasnikar, 120 minutes and nothing to really show for. Because Schuller lacks speed as well(BM didn’t even want start her in their last games vs WOB & Chelsea), I would honestly go with Brand at striker vs France. Right now I’m aiming
    At this lineup

.....................Brand
    Buhl.............. Magull ..........Wassmuth
    .........,Oberdorf........Leupolz
    Dabritz....Hegering.....Lattwein......KleinH
    ..................... Frohms

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...o_O:ROFLMAO: Not only did you ignore Kleinherne's actual improved level of performance as a CB this season, your also going to pretend she didn't showcase a clear POTM display during the cup final lol.

Oh, and this before you randomly decided to sneak in an entire new dimension of weird bias, somehow finding a way to select Däbritz as a LB in your potential national team; within what looks like a defense only Germany's biggest enemy's would love lol.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again... none of this is a serious problem. Not if it's done by players who truly understand their defensive roles within attacking systems of play, but also understand HOW to time any offensive runs forward correctly within said systems.

I haven't even been paying much attention to the international scene, and I'm still 100% convinced any wnt's attempting to play like the US, where a rigid system of play, is counter balanced with high athleticism, aren't doing anything but aid the USwnt in their ability to continue winning trophies.

So maybe Spain's low end product, high tactical/technical skill set, removes Netherland's US-lite approach from Europe's summit; finally providing the USwnt with an actual European test again. But the idea female players will ever move faster than the ball, is still a pretty dumb narrative...

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Freigang isn't really as good as you seem to think she is, and when did Schüller (a fw known for her direct speed) become slow, lol...? Not long ago, I'm sure you were pretty vocal about a "quicker" Schüller needing to start over a slow Popp, and now its' Schüller who's slow... all because..?

Däbritz as a WF scores 13 goals in 24 league games during her final season with Bayern, and you think she's a LB because coaches aren't using her within her best role anymore. And now you've decided Schüller a slow irrelevant forward, because Bayern doesn't use the same counter attacking style as a mid-table Essen...:unsure:

Freigang has her qualities as a FW... but none of them are about speed, or being particularly impressive outside the penalty area. So maybe you should look at Frankfurt's coaches rather underwhelming display Vs Wolsburg. Where he uses a 4-4-2, without it having any clear objective in exploiting Wolfsburg's defensive weakness chasing long balls.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :confused:... Who honestly believes Lattwein makes anymore sense at CB, than Oberdorf ever did...? Replacing one positional error in the team, shouldn't instantly result in MVT just making another one lol. Lattwein is a CM, and in my opinion... on the little i've seen, she's a really underrated one too.

Plus FW's like Huth, Anyomi, Freigang, Schüller, and Starke, are all in this squad too. Creating a lot of hypocrisy here, as I saw a certain person questioning the potential negative effects of MVT wasting Brand in a FB role Vs Norway, only to now see the same person push the idea she should randomly start as a lone FW Vs France lol.

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well my back line would include Kuver, Elsig & Hendrich(but none made it on the list). Kleinheme actually had some good games at FB vs England at Wembley/Norway at Algarve Cup.
    France usually plays possession style. Look for them to push up their back line. Here would be a missed opportunity not to counter with your fastest player, which in my book would be Brand & Wassmuth, who are abt to getting behind the lines without getting offsides, especially with the space provided if the French a accordingly move up.
    Bayern Munich only used Schuller as an late sub vs Wolfsburg & Chelsea’s 2nd game. So doesn’t seem like they got much confidence in Schuller’s speed as well/she starts instead against weaker league teams.
    MVT can be hard to predict but she does believe in more ball possession as well as more of an veteran squad vs the higher ranked teams, so barring change, my best plans will go to waste anyways,

btw.....don’t see Spain & the US playing style the same. Spain women’s are all about ball control ala tici tacky/the US is all about getting the ball up as fast you can

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    again extreme anti German bias as only 1 out of 21 make(Oberdorf at #2) it on this ESPN list of top players 21 & younger
    Macario, Huitema, Rodman among the 21 best female players age 21 or under

while the US looks good with 4 players including #1, they got 8 English players on the list evn though their NT sucks(9 losses out of their last 13 games)

all I hope is MVT takes the French game seriously & tries to win instead of the horror show defense just recently vs Netherlands & hopefully lets Germany's young guns show what they got