German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It also needs to be said that, with Barça, tiki-taka possession football seems to have won vs. so-called "direct football"... ;)

Batfink repped this.
  2. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Yep Liek Martens was unremarkable against USWNT in WC and the friendly.

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fair point, but don’t Martens & Hansen have more of an “direct football” style since they do love to dribble drive through crowds rather than the one touch passing of tiki taka fame? And how good would of Barca’s tiki taka been if they didn’t use their considerable money influence to buy not only the two best wingers in Europe but apparently the entire Spanish National team as well?
    as for Chelsea, didn’t feel their back line was going to hold up enough to win the CL. Emma Hayes perhaps as delusional as MVT in turning previous attacking players into FB’s/how many times have I complained about Millie Bright’s miserable defending skills?(sort of the Hegering of English soccer where her attacking skills are way better than her defensive abilities)

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol... Freigang is slow compared to Schüller, with all Freigang's wnt goals coming with first time finishing very close to goal; basically highlighting my issues with the horrible service Schuller receives within the National team

The poor appreciation/awareness for the way Germany's best attacking talent function, creates scenarios where the entire team struggle to create chances; needlessly turning over possession in their own half, thanks to never looking for forward passes, while stupidly passing the ball to GK over, and over again... in tactically poor attempts at recycling the ball aka turning away from an opponent, looking to attack in a new area of the field.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, it's difficult to argue about spending tons of money to get the best players around, when Chelsea managed to sign twice UEFA player of the Year Pernille Harder and thrice NWSL Golden Boot Samantha Kerr. At least on paper, two of the absolut best player in the world. ;)

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HUH... you think MVT uses "NATRUAL WINGERS"... lol. Giulia Gwinn has been Germany's best (league stats with Freiburg prove this) "natural winger" since her arrival into the junior wnt program. Creating and scoring goals at a rather impressive rate for a mid table side, as a really young right side midfield attacker.

But what happens when she joins the senior WNT, after numerous years showcasing her potential as a talented right sided attacker... yeah, she's deployed as a right FB lol.

And yes, this resulted in her winning the best young player award at the WC too, but knowing this was in the backdrop of her also spending her entire season prior to that with Freigburg as one seasons top 5 creative talents... doesn't look very progressive for MVT's supposed desire to deploy strong wide threats.

So I have no idea what narrative your trying to present here... as Krumbiegel is pretty garbage compared to her peers as a wide forward. This season not even capable of keep a rookie Brand from taking her wide left position at Hoffenheim.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought Hegering has actually looked pretty great defensively at CB for Bayern this season, no?

I feel like she's just been part of a rather naively coached side, who's hit their first bad patch of form, at the worst possible time, and now see's themselves struggling to cross the finish line in various competitions.

But at international level what she done wrong...? She's having her best individual season since she was a teen, and didn't even see a single minute versus Netherland's...:unsure:

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 So I understand your point of why using Oberdorf as a CB is an obvious error that needs to stop; but I've long stated that Germany have enough viable defensive options not to seek converting talented CM/AM's into CB/FB's.

It's simply on the DFB coaches to trust the league form of players, and use better analysis to select from their player pool, allowing a Wirtz - Stegemann - Specht - Demann - Elsig - Wedemeyer - Stegemann - Kleinherne - Pawollek, to actually prove if their lesser options ahead of converting CM's like Oberdorf - Lattwein - Feldkamp.

I mean just look at the difference it made to the team having a genuine WF and CM (Nüsken and Brand) playing their preferred roles, instead of seeing nonsense like Däbritz - Marozsan get in each others way. Even with errors over both matches, it's obvious the improved team balance Nüsken provided ahead of a superior offensive talent like Marozsan.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 Looking back at MVT's squad Vs Netherland's, if she wanted to experiment, all she had to do was drop Popp and Däbritz, bring in Rall and Rauch at FB, making sure to match Netherland's 4-3-3.
    Bühl -------------- Freigang ----------- Huth
    --------- Marozsan ----- Lattwein ----------
    -------------------- Oberdorf -----------------
    Rauch -- Kleinherne -- Doorsoun -- Rall

Showing how much bad coaching makes Germany's wnt program appear far worse than it really is. Because if this was a genuine reality where Germany lacked true depth, I'd rather see players and coaches learn when they fail, rather than fail as they learn absolutely nothing.

MVT started Lattwein - Oberdorf at CB, with Marozsan - Däbritz supposedly protecting them in a double 6 role...:confused:. The lack of respect for the opponent, zero individual player analysis, or tactical awareness here, just looks amateurish.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gwinn’s been recuperating from an ACL. Based on limited 2020 schedule, she’s played twice; one full Algarve Cup match & then last Sept for 35 minutes in an Euro qualifier(this might be where she got her ACL). Both games she started at left-FB(not at the wing/outside mid).

Krumbiegel had injury problems as well around mid season. My understanding is that majority HOF players attend nearby colleges on athletic scholarships, and remembering that last year that their coach couldn’t make the important BM game cuz.(lol)....he couldn’t get off his day job as mid school teacher since it was final exams week, makes me feel that MVT has taken an more personal interest in the development of its players than their getting at the club(since their obviously not full time) so about 7 HOF players made her camps already? Plus probably more to come with Corley & Martinez headed to that club as well as Linder returning from American college

Hegering seems to be popular, guess I can’t forgive her since she made mistakes on both Swede goals at the WC loss. Plus she seems to be out of position/upfield a lot(though this could be on orders of the coach) like when HOF scored 3 goals in less than 10 minutes vs BM, not once was she the last defender on those counters
    again, it’s Chelsea’s defense that sucked! Great offense, but by buying bigger stars look what this pompous club did; last year’s 2nd leading scorer, Beth England, reduced to spare change. Promising Scott, Cuthbert, seeing her Olympic dreams pretty much vanish since becoming an sub. Barely any playing time for Jesse Fleming(even though she played full time when Canada handily beat England)
    Unfortunately I can see the same thing happening with German players at BM & Wolfsburg they way they both buying a boat load of foreigners for next season!

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL... battle plan. I remember how Neid struggled massively with the defense during that tournaments group stage. Having two slow/low mobility CB's constantly exposed, thanks to her converted forward come FB Kemme, recklessly charging into attack from FB roles; oh, within a team she also tried to use Marozsan as a DM behind Behringer lol.

That Olympic team was bailed out of trouble most of the time due to battle hardened metal strength (aka solid game management from WC/Euro winning veterans), and timely moments of individual talent. Seen at it's very best with Behringer, and the exciting Däbritz playing a wide left role, producing their best individual performances as a senior team players.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Doesn't explain why she's completely healthy being deployed as a RB, both pre and post WC; and doing this with MVT knowing she's scoring and creating goals as a WF in junior wnt's, and a mid table Freiburg side...?

Not even proposing she comes straight back into MVT's plans as a WF. But if your suggesting MVT selecting wide attackers based on genuine ability to create through 1v1 speed, 1v1 skill....:unsure:

All I'm seeing MVT do is create a side which doesn't produce chances for their FW's from the actions of it's wide attackers. Especially not from wide players regularly assisting from creating space individually, or crossing accurately.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #238 Batfink, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    @hotjam2 and why so many excuses for Krumbiegel..? A player who's got the exact same circumstances as her peers..? Oh, and still isn't able to contribute to her teams success as a starter. Why... hmmmm, probably because she's simply not ready yet...:whistling:

Players/athletes will all mature at different speeds, but so far Krumbiegel's done NOTHING within any international age group, or club level, to legitimize her being promoted so soon to the senior wnt.

This also with fellow U-19/20 league standouts like Anyomi, Wirtz, Wamser, Stegemann, Brand, Bühl, Lohmann, Nüsken, all showing clear and significant advancement ahead of her.

Krumbiegel shows some definite potential in aspects of her finishing game, but analyzing all these U-19/20 prospects, I think It's almost a guarantee we'll see legit standouts like Corley, Martinez, become more influential than Krumbiegel towards their new team having success next season too.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #239 Batfink, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    GK error on the first Hoffenhiem goal, a deflection helped create the perfect pass for Waßmuth's fantastic equalizer, and then the winner comes from Bayern's failed corner kick allowing a counter attack with Beerensteyn as their last defender...:unsure: I'm not sure how Hegering is to blame for all of that lol.

She's one of Bayern's best offensive threat on set plays like corners... but you expect her to out run 3 Hoffenheim attackers, to stop the eventual match winning goal.. lol. She can't be everywhere all at once.

To me... going on the little of I've seen recently... Bayern's end season trouble conceding cheap goals looks to be coming from failed tactical adjustments. Hegering's overall improved as a CB, providing her more stable/calming presence shown at early season Bayern, within the wnt too.

She's not Renard lol, but she's not being exposed on 1v1 duels of speed, or duels of 1v1 physicality either. Not making bad tackles, or showing positional naivety like she did at the WC.

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Buhl's a pretty good 1v1 player. Huth just slightly lesss, but helped with Hendrich's effective give n go's. Wassmuth(Huth apparent successor at right wing) a psychology major, will go pro with Wolfsburg next season, so hopefully will make her an even better player to go with her blinding speed. Would like to see Brand as the main sub over at left wing, or even start if Germany gets pushed back by an powerful team like Netherlands/France, I mean she definitely be great on counters. Gwinn be an improvement over Rauch,at left FB. Though not yet on the NT, there's another left back named Camilia Kuver that stands 6ft & got an powrful stride, but alas only 17 years old/could be more ready for the WC than next year's Euros

GOOD LINEUP now convince MVT, lol. Kleinheme(just turned 21) has the makings of an top CB, but she's getting some aching learning lessons on the way like when she decided to dribble upfield, made an errand pass which turned into an quick counter goal by Holland(as nobody took her defense CB spot). Often injured Doorsoun been scorched a bit too often, whether it be by Chelsea or Potsdam's lil social media darlin, Selina Cerci

got to add MVT often lets her B players let loose with a more free flowing/rapid attacking style, as compared to her A listers, who usually get stuck in over-passing, possession tactics which don't give them to fast break/counter much. We saw this with the two dreary, Belgium/Netherlands matches as compared to more exciting Australia/Norwegian. Seemed very familiar as well at last year's Algarve Cup; vs Sweden, it;s like MVT had them play keep away then moving upfield, which resulted with an dry, 1-0
    Germany vs. Sweden - 4 March 2020 - Women Soccerway
    next game MVT started 11 new players & ended scorching the Norwegians with fast attacking soccer but not all tha remarkable lineup
    Germany vs. Norway - 7 March 2020 - Women Soccerway

so now with another batch of new prospects, you really feel MVT could have something, but got to wonder why she goes playing so conservative, even against the likes of Belgium?

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kleinherne running into mid-field with the ball was the right thing to do, and wouldn't have been an issue if Germany actually utilized DM's correctly. It's a pretty basic tactical play in men's football, but only a few women's teams will probably use it right now. (Spain 100% use this same ploy very well)

Even the first goal Germany conceded in that match exposed MVT's awful appreciation for the tactical elements of the international game. With both Däbritz, and Marozsan, just ball watching for 45mins, completely unaware of the Dutch CM running behind them into oceans of space inside the penalty box.

So I'm not blaming a young CB for actually attempting the correct thing... unfortunately for her, she just attempted this within a side not organized enough to cover for any mistakes defenders might make advancing the ball out of their half.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol... this is what happens when MVT's B team start in their preferred roles, creating a superior synergy between players with supposedly inferior abilities.

Witnessed recently in the Australia, and Norway matches, where both MVT's teams featured CB's, CM's, WF's, who were actually playing in roles they understood. Oh, and this simply because she lacked other options.

I mean... another example seeing Elsig playing a long accurate ball out the defense towards a swift Schüller, who then does what she does best; chasing down the defender, winning the ball, shooting 1v1 vs Norway's GK.

When or how does this happen without it being Elsig in a CB role..? Just look at how much better Nüsken looked compared Marozsan. This all because she's a genuine box to box CM, able to tackle, dribble, and produce more expansive passing to either wing, with both feet.

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Nusken played really well, better than I've seen her at Frankfurt, so a little credit for MVT?, or her club team don't get to the practise field enough(as they seriously lack chemistry), or just playing with better team mates with the NT?

I've re watched as least highlights(posted below), got to say I didn't think Krumbiegel didn't come off badly, I understood for the 20-25 minutes wasn't reading the passes well but she did get into her groove after that. If anything, Schuller couldn't finish, plus not shown on the highlights, Krumbiegel made a deft cross that Schuller was a step too slow to get too. As compared to the dire match vs the way lower ranked Belgium ranked team(with only two goals scored) that featured MVT's usual faves up front; Buhl-Schuller-Huth was nice to see the exhilarating fast pace with Krumbiegel/Brand-Freigang-Wassmuth on top. Of course the worry will be what devious plans MVT got for Brand like what position she will play next time? When there's no need to hurry her up & I can see Krumbiegel given more importune chances vs those powerhouses Bulgaria, Turkey & Isreal, lol

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    how long will she be out? any updates on Popp & Hendrich injuries(when will they return?)

20. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would guess that Frohms will be back soon (hopefully in time for the DFB-Pokal final). Hendrich was expected to be out for six weeks which ends exactly when the cup final is played and Popp looks optimistic after her knee surgery.

hotjam2 repped this.
  21. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Knee surgery sounds like maybe a year.

22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Poland WNT just hijacked Tanja Pawollek ;)

23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Her goal for Wolfsburg must have made a strong impression in Poland.:laugh:

24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    ...I'm sure she just wanted to show she can score... this goal was just closer than the other one ;)

Lohmann repped this.
  25. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany