German Dual/Triple Nationals.

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    still wouldn't work without even making effort to count, you easily have like 10+ duals from every age group...... I mean when dfb does squads it's like MIN 40% of players are duals. Believe for example U17 Euro for 02 age group was like 45% of the squad being dual.

also another - in your thinking is that you can estimate player X is better than Y in YOUTH but come few years later in adult level and player Y could end up the better player. It's not really obvious.

honestly who cares, should be about the best possible players and youth levels isn't the indicator for that it's the pro level. The pros is what gives you an indication whether this player or that player could make senior NT and also tons seem to fizzle in lower levels too.

if you limit duals in the squad, you know what will happen. TONS of them will get poached early by other countries.

I actually think opposite if you have comparable German and German dual go for the dual to cap tie and keep them in program.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    let's be honest it will never happen since dfb doesn't care about what you are as long as your good that's all that matters. And youth NT is 100% who coach rates they ignore players who still make career progress because they rate someone else.

Germans or German duals/triples, end of the day, they are all Germans and have right to want to play for dfb.

the real issue is FIFA they really should make it harder for poaching but instead they only make it hard for guys who gets naturalized and that's it. Should make it harder to represent country that didn't produce you.

like it's dumb shit when a dual who NEVER stepped foot in a country ends up playing for them, like lol. That's 100% obvious it's because they're NOT good enough for their home country.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    me what I personally don't like is naturalization like we did with Cacau for 2010 WC....that's disgraceful. He came to Germany at 18 from Brazil.

I'm in the mind for naturalization, it shouldn't acceptable after a certain age. Basically it's fine if player if all relevant dev as kid/teen happened in Germany. Not bunch of adults who would never touch Brazil Senior NT.

I still recall since Brazil is one of the countries who export the most players in the world when tons of Brazilians got naturalized and played for other countries....THAT'S when FIFA changed the rules on naturalization it's due to South Americans going all over the world.

dfb even gave Cacau a job too, lol. Like I don't mind him becoming German citizen but to represent Germany.............PASS.

Alex C repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of dfb, other fanbases are dicks point blank. 01-Dajaku (dfb), stated in
    "I watch Kosovos every game and there is a lot of potential there. I believe this team will go very far. I strongly believe that they will reach the EUROs. I have not yet decided where I will play in the future, but I haven't said no to Kosovo. ''

he also said that he knows Kosovo fans want him to play for Kosovo.

and seems like a lot of - reactions from Kosovo fans who interpret it as him not wanting to sound like a traitor and that he's waiting for dfb. The concept of dual national doesn't seem to exist for some. According to them their logic he's a Kosovar not German regardless of being born, produced and living his whole life in Germany. Like how dare he watch Kosovo games but prefers dfb mentality.

and lets be honest Kosovo is only interested in him because he plays at Bayern or Stuttgart before no other reason.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Swiss 1st division ends with
    -Demirovic with 14 goals and 7 assists in 28 games. Ends at #3 on top scorers list. Also along with #4 Arthur (Brazilian) he's the youngest top scorer as a 98. As mentioned moving to Freiburg in 1BL.
    -Ademi with 13 goals and 4 assists in 26 games. Ends at #7 on top scorers list.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Choupo-Moting is hero as he takes PSG to their 1st CL SF since 1994, as he scores the 2-1 winner vs Atalanta in QF.
    https://streamable.com/x0403f

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1159 Ger90, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    99-Alberico who played with Italy U20 at the U20 WC goes from Hoff II to Stuttgart II. Unless he jumps to 1st team at some point, still 0 career progress.

Thomas Krücken, Director Sport NLZ: “With Domenico we have hired a technically adept, game-intelligent attacking midfielder who already has experience in the men's field. We are glad that he decided to go with us on our way. "

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL at FIFA and always making it easy. NT should be more strict rules, too much merch mentality when it's supposed to be about honor of representing your country instead of giving easy way out to players.

FIFA shapes new rule to help players switch national team
    FIFA is helping soccer players switch eligibility and represent a second national team with a planned rule change announced Wednesday.

The proposal gives hope to players who are eligible for multiple countries but fell out of favour at their first national team, where they are bound after just a single minute of playing time in a competitive game.

The new wording would let players switch eligibility if they played a maximum of three times for the first national team — including tournament qualifying games — before they turned 21, and at least three years earlier.

The new rule will take effect next month if 211 national federations approve it at the Sept. 18 congress that FIFA is hosting online from Zurich.

A FIFA working group has tried for more than two years to shape the new proposal.

A test case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport ahead of the 2018 World Cup is key background.

Munir El Haddadi, now with Europa League finalist Sevilla, wanted to be selected for Morocco but lost his appeal against the FIFA rules. He had played just once for Spain in September 2014, as a 77th-minute substitute in a European Championship qualifier.

The new rule would not help Brazil midfielder Oscar, who has suggested switching to China where he has played club soccer since 2017.

Oscar would fail the test because he has played more than three times for Brazil, including after he was aged 21, and at a World Cup finals tournament in 2014.

The proposal would bar nationality switches for anyone who played at a “final tournament of the FIFA World Cup or a final tournament of a confederation competition.”

FIFA’s new flexibility even suggests letting players revert back to their original national team if they never actually play for the second one.

The existing FIFA rules have been used by many players born in Europe — who played in national age-group teams or friendly games — and switched to African countries where they have ties through their parents or grandparents.

In more updating of eligibility rules, FIFA wants to clarify how long players must live in a country before they can play for its teams.

The proposal aims to help players who as children moved with their families to a new country for non-soccer reasons.

Three years residency would be required if a player moved before the age of 10, and five years residency if the move was aged 10 to 18.

FIFA’s existing rule already requires a five-year residency from the age of 18 if a player wants to acquire a new national eligibility.

That allowed Brazil-born forwards Elkeson and Aloisio to switch to the current China team after they were naturalized as citizens.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/fifa-shapes-new-rule-help-players-switch-national-team/

Oscar is such a dipshit LMAO, wtf would you even want to represent China. So ********ing embarrassing.

12. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Presents for the small federations, Infantino knows how to keep power,he is worse than Blatter.

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this guy is known to have a shitty attitude, I recall it's been said numerous times.

Morocco was interested in him in past but he turned them down because he wanted to play for dfb and he did for U21 but then it took until 2019 for him to reestablish his career after dumb England move where he was mostly injured. And now that he has 0 DFB Senior Prospects pretending like he had any choice but Morocco, LMAO.

RacMan93 repped this.
  14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

The proposal has to be approved by the FAs in September in the FIFA Congress

One interesting part is that players hv to wait for at least 3 years until they can switch eligibility. So they can still switch but they have to wait for at least three years.

Before they cant switch at all, ............not ideal but not too bad. It makes sense. If a player hasnt been used more than three times and not nominated in three years, i think they are free to leave

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the rules are dumb because it's about Senior NT BEFORE they turn 21 years old.

I mean ALL Euro NT teams have U21 aka in reality it's a U23. You can easily just permanently cap someone when they are 21,22 or 23, LMAO.

I doubt it affects dfb much since we don't really call huge amount of players pre-21 to Seniors anyways.

it affects all those countries who purposefully call up 18-20 year olds just to permanently cap them.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just for curiosity sake looking at the dual CFs list. It's not too bad when it comes to duals. To be clear this is more about Senior NT Prospects than whether they'll have 1BL careers or top 4/5 league careers.

98 Duals:
    -Players: Amenyido, Berisha, Ache,
    -Prognosis: Don't see Amenyido as dfb relevant. But I'm wait and see how Berisha and Ache dev next season-onwards. Ache will play 1BL next season, let's see how he does at higher level. Although suspect neither will end up playing for seniors......

excluded: Nmecha since he's permanently capped tied by Germany in youth levels after using his 1 time switch.

99 Duals:
    -Players: Kaya, Caliskaner, Kiprit, Kyeremateng
    -Prognosis: Don't see any dfb Senior NT relevant.

00 Duals:
    -Players: Malone, Herrmann,Awuku, Akono, Ngankam,Besong,Batmaz, Kutucu (permanently capped by Turkey), Uzun (with Turkey)
    -Prognosis, Batmaz/Awuku/Herrmann/Akono/Besong (always injured) drift towards nope to very questionable. Malone, Augsburg think he's future 1BL player while Ngankam already made 1BL and impressed although he could end up more W than CF. Overall more wait and see.

01 Duals:
    -Players: Glatzel, Dursun, Konigsdorffer, Fesenmeyer, Makanda, Cakar (might end up at W).
    -Prognosis: Wait and see at Glatzel but that's it but even him some question marks.

02 Duals
    -Players: Adeyemi, Pakia, Tekin, Shuranov, Asllani, Harnafi (injured all of last season).
    -Prognosis: Adeyemi seems likely in.....wait and see on Pakia/Asllani and that's it.

03 Duals:
    -Players: Gedikli, Matanovic, Barata (although might be more W in long run)
    -Prognosis: Gedikli and Matanovic look very promising and so does Barata wherever he ends up playing.

..........not that bad when it comes to 98-03. But for 04s, it seems like what 2 guys out 7 or 8 are non duals in terms of relevant CFs. Then I think for 05, what was it? From top 5-6 CFs in their age groups only 1 is non dual. For 06, what was it 0 relevant non dual CFs in terms of supposed top 5/6........

and there lies the problem and what I've said from day 1. The younger the age groups the more duals there are. And that's where you'll end up losing prospects for sure.

I asked this in other thread. Are 01-Jastremski and 02-Borkowski duals??? or not?

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Robin Gosens called up to DFB Senior NT for 1st time for 2 NL games. He's likely playing and with that will be permanently capped tied by Germany.

was eligible for the Netherlands.

Epitome990 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    More German-Brazilians from Brazil this time a 02 GK.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Great to see Gosens finally get called up to the NT. He's been playing some quality football for Atalanta in the past few seasons and fully deserves the recognition.

Also randomly browsing TM and saw that Renat Dadashov got loaned out to Grasshoppers in the Swiss 2nd division.

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    damn, Dadashov has crashed and burned. And to think he was dfb 1st choice along with Y.Otto between U15-U17 for 99 age groups while Wintzheimer (replaced Dadashov when he got poached), D.Otto and Kruger were ignored.

headcases like him and Avdijaj have done nothing in their careers so far. Dadashov looked really promising when young but attitude issues (reportedly getting into fights too), selling himself for $1M+House to join Azerbaijan Senior NT, even his Leipzig move was all about $$$, bathing in money.....nothing but wasted talent.

speaking of Avdijaj last linked with 3rd Liga club....

makes me glad they don't play for dfb anymore.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yeah Avdijaj is a straight up idiot. He wasn't even that bad in the Eredivisie a short while ago but it was evident that no club wanted to put up with his stupidity.

Dadashov will always be a Hurensohn but curious if he finds a way back to relevancy. Demirovic (who I have nothing against) fought a few years in various leagues and finally moved back to the Buli.

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

how long before he gets Senior NT? Once he plays a few 1BL games?

24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Might be even before that. Sometimes Ireland call up players stupidly early just to cap tie them.

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    can't really blame them though.

I mean you had Declan Rice playing Ireland U16-U21+3 Senior Caps but since he never played competitive game with Irish Senior, England poached him.

I don't think they want something like that again. Reality is smaller FAs are afraid of losing promising players.

Alex C repped this.