German Dual/Triple Nationals.

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brazilian CF 97-Klauss is Brazilian-German-Italian. I suspected for awhile because what Brazilian calls himself Klauss? And he even looks German too.

The 1.90-meter striker does not look like a typical Brazilian. "My father has German ancestors. That's where the look and the name come from." Learning German better in order to have the best prerequisites after the end of the loan at Hoffenheim in summer 2020 was only one reason why he chose the LASK. Since September, the athletes have been trying to find their preferred player, who was still on loan at HJK Helsinki.

he returns to Hoffenheim after successful loan in Austrian Bundesliga.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so far top of my head in terms of German-Brazilians FROM Brazil.
    -Alisson Becker of Liverpool
    -Klauss of Hoffenheim
    -Rodrigo Guth of Atalanta youth, seems confirmed to have German passport. He's provisionally capped by Brazil after playing U17 WC for Brazil.

anyone else?

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1128 Ger90, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Speaking of Guth, the youngster, made his first ever 1st team appearance for Atalanta in Serie A has he made the squad on July 8 in a 2-0 win but was unused. But it does highlight that he's rated at his club and Atalanta is a CL team both this season and the next. He's in same club as Gosens and Czyborra.

if he breakthrough the team next season he's still eligible for Brazil's Olympic team for next Summer's Olympics. Wonder what it would take to make the Brazilian Senior NT? Likely establish himself in CL team and perform for more than one year.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm interested in players even if they don't play for Germany.

Rodrigo Guth
    Born in Coritiba and figured in the base teams, Rodrigo Guth has been defending Atalanta colors since 2017. Originally a defender, the 19-year-old Brazilian has served as the first midfielder for the Bergamasca team - and has played a key role on two major fronts.

Before the coronavirus shutdown, La Dea was leader of Primavera (under-20 championship in Italy) and reached the Youth League round of 16 (he fell on penalties against the mighty Lyon). Despite his height (1.91m), Guth stands out a lot for the quality of the pass and the vision of the game. It's even funny to say that, but the young Brazilian has a “quarterback” posture on the field. Strong, safe, great at launches and, even though he is not a captain, he shows a lot of leadership. It is good to be aware that he also has German citizenship.

Rodrigo Guth is one of Atalanta's leaders.
    The tactical role is of paramount importance in Italy, which is evident in the huge amount of young values that are being revealed in Bel Paese. In the squads for the U-17 team, Guth was marked only as a defender on the right, however, in Bergamo, much because of the tactical plurality of the team, the Brazilian came to act as a full-back and, as previously said, today he plays forwards in the midfield. . Guth's versatility makes him essential in a team that ranges from the line of four to a line of three in the first third.

5. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Paolo Rink lol...

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :laugh:, completely forgot about him.

I'm sure you have a better memory than me. But was he even a good player?
    Bayer Neverkusen lost triple trophies in 2002 due to him leaving in 2001.:sneaky:

some other naturalized Germans from Brazil were Cacau (played 2010 WC) and even Schalke's Naldo.

7. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well you know Rink was being called up to NT circa 2000, one of the darkest era in German NT football, so yeah, not really good. We're talking about an era where even Zoltan Sebescen being one of NT regular, so that's quite telling the quality during that time

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we have German duals from all over the world,

98 CB Abu Hanna has German mother and Arab Christian Israeli father. So eligible for Germany, Palestine and Israel.

"If I get the opportunity, I will play for Israel. I understand that I will probably not play for Germany. However, I would be very happy to play for Israel," said Abu Hanna, who is thus supporting the Israeli Football Association his person significantly relieved.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2 Turkish clubs interested in Yilmaz.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They aren't German duals but 1st time I notice that the Lovren bros were almost German.

on Davor Lovren who plays in Liverpool. Started playing football in Germany too
    His family fled from Yugoslavia to Munich to escape the Bosnian War when Lovren was three years old, and he spent the next seven years in Germany.

His family eventually had to leave as they did not possess necessary documentation to reside in Germany and settled in Karlovac, Croatia, 50 kilometres southwest of the capital city of Zagreb.

Lovren first played football in Germany with Munich-based BSC Sendling. After moving to Croatia, he played for local teams NK Ilovac and NK Karlovac as a youth before joining GNK Dinamo Zagreb in 2004.

while his younger Davor Lovren was born in Munich in 1998. Based on timeline they were kicked out of Germany around 1999.

Dang Son Tung repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    00 flexible attacker Evina joins H96 in 2BL permanently until 2023.

Evina was born in Yaoundé, the capital of Cameroon. He came to Germany with his family at the age of six. He has both German and Cameroonian citizenship. Last year Evina played three games for the Cameroon U23 national team.

He actually played for dfb 1st in U18 only to later come out and say he wants to represent his home country of Cameroon and that Eto'o is his idol too.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    one thing I don't like about the dual/triple from football perspective is that we basically train players only for other countries to get them for free without any work. And with the amount of duals we have tons of countries around the world will be strengthened. I recall fifa talking about a pay scheme of sorts for poaching countries like 3 years ago. Wish International football had more restrictions.

Evina for Cameroon U23, African Cup of Nations U23 2019.
    Cameroon plays 3 games and out in GS. They score 3 goals in those 3 games and Evina scored 2/3. He scored in a 1-1 draw and a 1-0 win as well.

I think African countries like Nigeria, Cameroon and Ghana will have a lot of poaching prospects in next bunch of years too.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

That happens to France and Holland too. Not the main factor if we produce big enough national pool , ie more players who are good enough. Mahrez plays for Algeria, Harit plays for Morocco and , Koulibaly n Gueye play for Senegal and it’s a loss to France at all.

big problem is , we don’t produce as many elite talents as we used to. That’s something NLZ have to work on

African descents tend to prefer playing for EU countries unless they have no hope. Elite Turkish Talents also tend to prefer Germany. Only problem is ex-Yugoslavian descents

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    from Swiss 1st division to 1BL, media says that 98 CF Ermedin Demirovic moving to Freiburg. Would be 2nd poached young CF after Kutucu that would be playing 1BL. And you got like 2 poached young CF that are currently in Turkish 1st division too. Seems like he cost $4M and that Freiburg could land him.

yeah.......1BL only cares about performing in 1st divisions. Whether Swiss, Dutch or Belgian etc it's all experience and more reason I don't get why German CFs are obsessed with breaking through Germany?

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Triple updates,

1-Balogun joins Rangers in Scotland.

2-Karlsruher U19's 01 Hoffmann a German-American who comes from America returning to USA.

3-A Bremen update on 00 Midfielder Gruev.
    Ilia Gruev (20 / contract until 2023)
    The midfielder still enjoys a tremendous reputation without being in the Bundesliga. The plans for the future are accordingly: "Ilia is planned with us, he is firmly assigned to the professional squad," says Baumann. "We are not looking for loan options there." Gruev can also play in the 4th division: "We will see whether he plays U23 or the first appearances in the Bundesliga, which we can expect him to do."

am I the only one who thinks why is he the only Bremen player who doesn't need a loan? While everyone else=loan army, 2-3 year plan crap.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and some people think playing in Swiss and smaller leagues don't matter, lol. 1BL is obsessed with any performing 1st division player especially the younger they are.

better Swiss 1st division than 3rd Liga-RL for years and years.

98-Demirovic joins Freiburg from Swiss 1st division.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    USA will withdraw 12 000 troops from Germany in future.

that's big since good chunk of German-American players have American soldier father and German mother.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    moves to 2BL, doesn't seem like a loan so likely done with Stuttgart.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One less homegrown for Bayer next season.

23. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We should only have 3-4 dual citizens per youth national team. ( the real talented ones)Some might view that as racist but I don’t really care lol

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I mean, I don't get it duals don't mean produced somewhere else. Very few German duals are non Germany produced players. This isn't the USA or African countries were tons of players are produced by other countries.

how does that work anyways? A LOT of the duals have a German father or German mother. Or if they are born and/or lived their entire lives in Germany, they shouldn't be allowed to represent their country???

it also wouldn't work as we move to younger age groups the more and more duals there are. Even guys with German surnames could easily end up as duals too.

I get it from footballing perspective it does suck to produce players that other countries will end up using but duality is just about eligibility not production.

25. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it’s probably unrealistic. But if 2 players are of similar quality take the one with only German citizenship. Make expectations for elite players like Gedliki, Samardzic and Moukoko of course.