German Dual/Triple Nationals.

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Stuttgart and the DFB both have their fault in Vlachodimos ending up switching to Greece. He went from VfB's highly rated keeper of the future to being left in limbo when club management didn't know what to do with him and let him go too easily to Panathinaikos. While the DFB had chances to cap tie him early on but misses out.

He's like the keeper version of Cenk Tosun. Where he goes to the league of his dual eligibility and ends up representing them internationally despite being with the Germany youth system growing up.

Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder when Greece approached Vlachodimos when he was playing in Greece or Benfica?

maybe he was lured with the possibility of being #1 while Germany he was likely at #3 at best. A lot of players have their own ego. And Greece have at least managed to make Euros and WC.

3. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I had a conversation with Vlachodimos

He wanted to switch to Greece and that’s nothing DFB could do

He thinks Ter Stegen, Leno n Horn aren’t much older than him, n he is very unlikely to be Germany #1. He isn’t fear of competition but he is realistic. He also knows Neuer will be around till 2020, so his chance is slim

That’s what he told me few months ago

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    fear of competition or being realistic will for sure make us lose tons of players in the long run. Even more so if they have a way out that's from Europe.

a lot of duals seem to have turned down Africa/Asian chances because of lack of language and long travel.

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think keepers at 24-26, who have dual nationality will likely opt for other countries

Being a 3rd or 4th keeper option isn’t attractive.

Ter Stegen or Leno will compete until 2022 or 2024. A real successor should be 1996 or after, like Nubel/Florian Muller/Frommann or Fruchtl/Plogmann even

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looks like Yalcin is developing pretty well over there. Much better potential than Cagatay Kader. Could be on his way to being the next Cenk Tosun

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's also his 1st start for the club. Nice header but very weird celebration.

hopefully he develops well, he was right to leave and at least in Turkey he's playing 1st division. He wouldn't have played any 1BL this season, especially not at Bayer.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Leverkusen lost a good prospect. Yalcin looks to be better than Kiese Thielen who's been really ineffective as a back up striker

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    agreed, a lot of clubs these days just aren't bothering much for promotion. They would rather buy some mediocre player or in this case loan in for a season. Instead of developing their Academy player, Yalcin could have played Thielen's role.

next striker that they cannot afford to lose is Gedikli, another German-Turk.

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Da Costa ... much better than Weiser too

More balanced.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Seeing Yalcin do well while getting proper playing time makes you wonder how David Otto would do given similar kind of chances. Another 99'er Dadashov is in the Portuguese second division right now although being in and out of the roster still trying to establish himself

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of 99-Guven Yalcin he's been called up to the Turkey U21 NT. Since the 2019 u21 Euro cycle is already over for them since they failed to qualify. Between now and March 2019 they only have friendlies.

German-Turks called up.
    99-Yalcin from Besiktas
    99-Mert Yilmaz from Bayern II
    98-Can Coskun from Wacker in RL (such random call up)
    98-Hikmet Ciftci from Koln II
    99-Muhayer Oktay from FD II
    98-Murat Saglam from Wolfsburg II
    98-Ahmet Canbaz from Eintracht Braunschweig
    98-IIker Yuksel from Furth II

I mean weird random call ups. But that's a lot of players.

last one is the relevant one since the ones mentioned above are already Turkey players.
    99-Muhammed Kiprit from Hertha Berlin.

last played with Germany U19 now going for Turkey. Very likely to be provisionally capped by Turkey U21 in March 2019 too.

From a squad of 23 players, 9/23 are German-Turks, wow, almost half the squad.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yalcin also makes me think of the prospects that were unable to be developed in Germany but seem to have thrived abroad.

Cenk Tosun in the Turkish league as well while Avdijaj and even Mark Uth found their breakthrough in Holland. Dennis Eckert is getting game time for Celta de Vigo. I'm rooting for him to do well and establish himself as Germany needs more striker options. Hopefully he can be the La Liga version of Uth.

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    with Kiprit gone, seems like 99-Fatih Kaya is the only relevant German dual striker from the 99 age group. All the other prospects from that age group are full Germans.

now it also means that we shouldn't expect any German bound strikers from the Academy of Hertha Berlin anytime soon. Unless they buy them or from 03-onwards.
    99-Kiprit, choose Turkey
    01-German-Swiss, Ruwen Werthmuller plays for the Swiss. Main striker of Hertha U19
    02-German-Turk Tekin is for now with Germany U17 on call but very unlikely to stick around as there are tons of 02 ahead of him. Main striker of Hertha U17.

Epitome990 repped this.
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ermedin Demirovic, a '98 forward who's with Deportivo Alaves but on loan at French Ligue 2 side Sochaux is another one who went abroad. Born in Bosnia and represents them internationally but grew up in Germany and came up through HSV and RB Leipzig academies.

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yea losing Kiprit and Yalcin definitely hurts the DFB youth teams and potentially talent pool for senior NT too. Hope that Otto, Krüger and Kaya work out in the long run among the 99 age group. Germany already lost Dadashov early on

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just curious, given all of these players going for Turkey, a quick look at German-Turks and what's left.

Provisionally capped by Germany.
    96-Oztunali
    97-Serdar
    98-Ozcan, Saglam, Gul
    99-Akkaynak
    00-Cetin
    01-Bozdogan, Eyibil

Not Capped by Germany but headed there or involved with Germany in some way.
    99-Kaya (German U20 on call), Gurleyen (called up by German U20)
    00-Gorkem Can, Sagman
    01-Kaan Kurt, Cakar
    02-Calhanoglu and Can Aydin (both very likely to be capped by U17 Euro qualifiers).
    then you have Atmaca and Tekin U17 on call
    03-Gencoglu, Gedikli, both involved with Germany U16, Durmushan (u16 camp)

Open players
    96-Engin
    99-Atilgan
    00-Munir Mercan, Kilic, Batmaz, Tubluk, Kuyucu, Tokac
    01-Ataykaya, Dursun
    02-Onur, Kaan Er, Ozdemir

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    there is also Musel, Nieland, Wintzheimer, even if I don't rate him Y.Otto too.These 4+D.Otto/Kruger/Kaya, it's not too bad 7 options for one age group. There are also a ton of others in reserve teams or 3rd Liga or guys like Harant but would say the remaining ones aren't as highly rated. But they can still work their way up, the more they do well wherever they are the more they can move up.

it's why I'm glad that in general most of our strikers are still full Germans. I have nothing against duals, I'm a triple national myself but it's too easy for people to jump ship. At least full German players it's Germany or nothing and one position I don't want to see a shortage of is strikers. Another reason is that it's the position from all of them where it's soo easy for players to not pan out or for them to fall out.

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is Dadashov a lost? Azerbaijan paid him 1million euro to play for them and DFB didn’t buy that

Also he is a major headcase

Wintzheimer, David Otto, Musel n Florian Kruger. In my opinion are much better strikers than Guven Yalcin based on what I saw last season

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don’t rate Wintzheimer too highly but he was always a good poacher, the best for his age group probably

Kruger n David Otto are well-rounded; Musel is also a very versatile forward who is doing good after joining Gladbach

David Nieland was a top rated one. And I think he isn’t doing too badly in Freiburg since he joined

1999 is a fairly strong age group in terms of strikers.

Now the problem is: Germany as nation have hundreds of Turkish descents in each age group. It’s difficult To cap them all. And sometimes if they aren’t too confident about the competition, they might opt for other nations

Emrehan Gedikli, on the other hand, is confident that he can be Too 2 striker in the 2003 age group. So he wanna stick with us

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    believe they also bought Dadashov a house.:laugh:

I can't blame him, your an unprofessional kid and there is no guarantee that you'll make it as a pro. Very hard to turn that down, besides there were some reports about how Dadashov was being unprofessional about all the money he was making. How does one think RB Leipzig is able to lure so many talents? They shove so much money down kids's throat, that's how. As a young kid, Dadashov had so much money thrown at him.

Nieland is doing a good job at Freiburg II. He's a skillful kid and that solo run he recently did from where he went from near the halfway line to the box and scoring, shows all that. Hopefully he joins a 2BL club in Summer.

yeah German-Turks are the #1 issue when it comes to duals. I think the fact that Turkey doesn't produce that great talents themselves makes it easier for German-Turks to choose them. Even if they have a non existent youth NT history, because the competition is easy.

look at Uzun and Aydinel, 2 00 strikers who can't beat the German 00 competition and they are Turkey 00 1st choice.

Gedikli seems to have the making of a good striker and if he continues his path, he could be the next talent to follow Havertz to the Bayer 1st team.

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To be honest, for strikers, I tend to prefer African descents

Can’t teach their pace n physicality especially at youth level.

Jesaja Herrmann, Makanda, Ware Pakia, Adeyemi, Moukoko...

Gueven i saw him in person, he is not even 180cm tall; Kiprit is 182cm but that’s all

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the issue with African descent is that it's very easy for them to not pan out as senior level. Their speed/physicality helps them vs kids but not always helpful when playing pro level. They have basically temporary advantages.There's been tons of them that haven't panned out, I mean a ton. Outside of Gerald Asamoah and someone like Selke what other African descent is anywhere near the NT in recent times? Too many end up max 2BL or struggle to be 1BL.

too many ended up like Mlapa and Richard Sukuta-Pasu.

and sucks to say but any born outside Germany have question marks over their ages too like Makanda and Moukoko. Weren't you the one who said Adeyemi might be better off as a winger? Then you have Makanda who has done nothing this season. Hermann can still turn things around but only 1 non PK goal this season almost halfway through.

It's interesting that England, France, Belgium have had more success developing African descent strikers than Germany has. Especially France.

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Adeyemi is better as winter but so far he’s a striker lol

Yea but Turkish don’t always pan out as well.

I think African should be a focus group. We don’t know the real age of Moukoko n Makanda since they migrated to Germany, but I think France have a bigger problem than Germany. And so far they are fine

France have more colonies in Africa n more immigrants from African than us. So it’s a higher percentage of age fraud