German D3 weekend 9/6-8 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by olafgb, Sep 6, 2002.

1. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Two games played:

Enochs went full 90 again in the 1-1 draw of Osnabrück in Paderborn.

Maurer's SC Verl won 5-4 in Essen and almost lost points despite of a 5-2 lead five minute before the end. All I know is that Maurer was no option for the starting line up yet - maybe he got some minutes later on (though regarding the last five minute I'd rather hope not). Tomorrow I'll know more about it.

2. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Mauer did not play, but this might change next week as Verl was everything but pleased with the defence despite of the surprising victory.

3. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Saturday games:

Stuttgarter Kickers vs Neunkichen 0-0. Moves Shoffner's team back to the last rank.

Elversberg vs Erfurt 2-1. Elversberg surprisingly turned a 0-1 against the (formerly) second ranked to a victory. They are leaving the last rank but remain in the relegation zone.

Regensburg vs Wehen 2-0. Back to reality and relegation zone after the victory within this week.

Information on the single US players' performances later, tomorrow or Monday :)

4. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Sunday games:

Bremen Ama vs Leverkusen Ama 3-2
    Siegen vs Augsburg 4-2

All I can say about the performances yet, is that no US player scored a goal.

Ranking after this weekend:
    NORTH
    Osnabrück - 4
    Bremen Ama - 8
    Verl - 14
    Two postponed games complete the rankings (7 games) within this week. Salyer's Bremen Ama play on Wednesday at Dresdner SC.

SOUTH
    Siegen - 3
    Saarbrücken - 7
    Wehen - 15
    Elversberg - 17
    Neunkirchen - 19

5. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    ENOCHS was substituted at halftime (sorry, my early information on Friday obviously was wrong) in Paderborn as he never was able to control his opponent Pino Canale, who was player of the game.
    SALYER had his first playing time this season. He entered the pitch in the 85th, probably as right backer.
    VAN BUSKIRK and LUKIN went full 90 – if kicker’s lineup is right, then Lukin played on a new position as defensive midfielder.
    MATARAZZO played on the half-left midfield position and was printed bold as one of the outstanding players of the match, but it wasn’t enough to enter the Team of the Day; PHILLIPS DNP.
    SHOFFNER DNP
    PAYNE was back between the pipes, MASON played the last 30 minutes, while LAWSON DNP.

6. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Werder Ama won the postponed game at Dresdner SC 3-1. After the first 5 playing minutes last weekend, Salyer started this time and went full 90. He collected one assist point after being fouled and his team mate converted the pk.