German Coaches Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Meanwhile Roger Schmidt wins his Eredivisie debut as PSV Eindhoven beat Groningen. I think Ajax still have the most depth from the Big 3 clubs in Holland but PSV have a good young core. Hope they make a push for a title race.

2. Frank Wormuth's club Heracles treated their coach for his birthday with a win.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Hannes Wolf has been sacked by Genk after their big defeat against the newly promoted Beerschot club. Not entirely surprising as his record has been pretty poor over in the Belgian league. His overall record as a professional coach continues to be underwhelming after also short stints at Stuttgart and Hamburg.

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Things continuing to look bad for Tuchel...

5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Has anyone noticed that since Tuchel's arrival the amount of mediocre/average players signed by PSG has increased dramatically? It's as if Tuchel wants to prove that he can beat anyone with a squad made up of mediocre footballers as a testament to his prowess as a tactical genius.

6. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I know you hate Tuchel so much, but this is too farfetched. I try to be indifferent here to Thomas Tuchel affair, but what you said is completely too much. There is no way PSG management allow him to do so even if you said is true.

So Tuchel said that he could win UCL with Gonzalo Castro and the management just allow him to do so?

And what do you mean by average players considering they have Mbappe, Neymar dan Di Maria as front 3, even with Icardi. Choupo Moting is mediocre but with Mbappe and Neymar, it is really hard to attract good talent just to sit on the bench behind Mbappe and Neymar. On the midfield they have freaking Marco Veratti and Ander Herrera. Defend they have Thiago Silva who will move to Chelsea, Kimpembe, Bernat, Kurzawa. Lets not forget it is not easy to attract good talent to play at French league.

I really doubt Tuchel intentionally think just like what you wrote there. And don't get me wrong, I am not even saying he is the next Klopp or Flick, as a matter of fact I quite hate him with his atrocious man management.

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    In terms of talent on paper, PSG are firmly in the Top 6 or 7 among all clubs in Europe. So I wouldn't say their squad is full of mediocre players. Where Tuchel has done poorly is managing his players and getting the most out of them. PSG have also let tons of young prospects from their youth system go for cheap, many have flourished elsewhere.

8. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    I would blame the Financial Fair Play regulations more than Tuchel (without knowing what happens behind the scenes). Mbappe and Neymar have insane salaries. I would imagine some of the other players like di Maria, Cavani, Verratti, Icardi, Thiago Silva are/were also on quite big wages and because of the FFP rules and their revenue and debt, they have had limitations on the market. Without the FFP, I am sure Leonardo and the Sheikh would have invested in better fullbacks and midfielders. In hindsight, selling Lo Celso might not have been the best of decisions but I think(correct me if I am wrong) they sold him because they needed to balance the books.

I don't think Ander Herrera is an elite player. He is not good enough on the ball as we saw in the final vs Bayern. But apparently he has had a fantastic influence in the dressing room since he arrived last summer. He should be a squad player, not a starter though. Paredes is 26 and has improved a lot after his initial struggles and played quite well vs Bayern in the first half. It remains to be seen but he may become a quality player. Guey is a good squad player. Also, I am not convinced that Kimpembe is good enough on the ball for the aspirations PSG have. Icardi is a pure poacher who contributes nothing outside of scoring goals. If you look at the recent winners of the Champions League, they all had strikers ( Lewandowski, Benzema, Firmino) who dropped deep and contributed a lot in the build-up play. Let's see if Florenzi will become a top right-back for them. He is talented.

Ideally, PSG need to buy a top class CB to partner Marquinhos, 1 or 2(depending on whether Paredes pans out or not) top class CMs to play with Verratti and they should have bought a better all-round striker than Icardi.
    In conclusion, PSG are 4(possibly 5) players short of having top players in every position.

PierreLittbarski repped this.
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Thomas Letsch won in his Eredivisie season debut last weekend, as Vitesse beat Waalwijk

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Letsch now 2-0 in the Eredivisie as Vitesse won again today vs Sparta Rotterdam

Roger Schmidt's PSV also won

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Despite a gaffe of his goalie purchase, his second one in two matches.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Haven't followed that aspect, but was there a goalie they were targeting but couldn't sign. Or are folks not convinced by Yvon Mvogo being on loan?

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Klopp's additional signings are Thiago and Diogo Jota. Looks like he's sticking with the philosophy of versatile attacking forwards up top that interchange, along with adding in depth for the midfield. Still expect the EPL season to be tougher overall, today's match against Chelsea will be their first major test.

PierreLittbarski and Ger90 repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    So far so good for Klopp's team. Ended up being a comfortable 2-0 win for Liverpool. Chelsea getting a player sent off early also helped too.

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Peter Zeidler's St. Gallen begin the Swiss league season with a victory over FC Sion. They've lost several key players in the off seasion including their 2 top scorers, and are not as strong anymore. Will be interesting if last season's league runner ups can keep up with Young Boys and Basel.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Journeyman coach, Bernd Storck is now at Dunajska Streda, who are currently 1st place in the Slovakian league after 7 matchdays. They also recently won against a Czech side last week, and will be moving onto the Europa League 3rd qualifying round to face Austrian side LASK Linz.

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just sack him already, lol. Such a shame that this club is down the toilet drain.

if he wins the title he'll make double history.

DAC have never won Slovakian league and he would also be 1st German coach to win that league. More German records,let's go.

also has Jannik Muller and Sidney Friede with him.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Torsten Fink leaves Vissel Kobe for family reasons. He helped them bring in the first two titles in club history, after winning the Emperors Cup and Japanese Super Cup last season.

19. Nope. This guy was Roger's choice.
    Dunno why the loan. Could be financial reasons, not having the money ready to buy.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Surprised that PSV have sold Sam Lammers. If they had patience and developed him out, he could potentially go for double or triple the value in a couple years. But perhaps they needed the money now.

21. He forced himself out. So PSV had no real choice.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    German DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Top 4=German.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Storck already making records.

Epitome990 repped this.
  24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Schmidt's PSV advance to the Europa League playoffs after today's 5-1 win vs Mura

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ugly night for Storck as Dunajska Streda lost 0-7 to LASK Linz.

Peter Zeidler's St. Gallen also lost 0-1 to AEK Athens.

Well...time for both clubs to focus on their league campaigns.

Ger90 repped this.