German Coaches Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not a surprise at all. It is more lucrative financially to coach club.

Ger90 repped this.
  2. The litmus test of you being a top coach is when you cannot buy your way out of deficiencies in a team and have to do with the cards dealt to you as in a national team.

Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    there is always prestige in trying to win a WC. How many coaches can win a WC. Everyone dreams of winning WC in their careers.

BVBFNM repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Ger90 repped this.
  7. Fans arenot happy about that:ROFLMAO:

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bald fraud confirmed.

PEP I am humble enough to accept that without my players I am nothing. Zero. That's why I need my players. Have we spent more in the decade than in the past? Yes.

Klopp>>>>>>>>>>>>Pep.

Blueberry_night and BVBFNM repped this.
  10. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Said that to Ranieri, lol.

Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Will Kovac be 2nd German coach in Ligue 1? Will he get Monaco back to glory or continue in their downtrending?

Will Kovac become a coach at AS Monaco?
    Ex-Bayern coach Niko Kovac becomes coach in Monaco. The French newspaper "L'Equipe" reports. Accordingly, the 48-year-old is to replace Robert Moreno, who only became a coach at Monegassen in late 2019 and still has a contract until 2022. Kovac was released at the beginning of November 2019 at Bayern and has been without a new club since then.
    https://www.kicker.de/4000000034151/transfermeldung/wird-kovac-trainer-bei-as-monaco

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Official, Kovac signs 3 year deal with option to extend at Ligue 1 Monaco. 2nd German coach in Ligue 1.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like both Bild and kicker are reporting that Rangnick to Milan deal is off. Could have been interesting to see how he would have done.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tuchel takes PSG to their 1st CL SF since 1994.

16. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Crazy games. Neymar might be a douchebag but he had a great talent. He is the clear MoM of this match.

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    German domination,
    Tuchel, Nagelsmann and soon to be Flick, 3/4 clubs with German coaches.

and this is also Flick's 1st ever job in 1BL too, he only coached low levels+assistant in past.

always fascinating how many assistant coaches in German football end up being good coaches.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  18. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    For the next in line I really hope Klose could make it

Ger90 repped this.
  19. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It seems like Klopp winning the CL last season has opened the floodgates for a new era of German coaches.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first time there's been so many German coaches in the semifinals of the CL.

Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    your likely right since you never see more than 2 German clubs making SF and then PSG isn't Germany which is what gave 3 German coaches.

Dortmund hasn't had a German coach since Tuchel no?

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    WOW not only German coaches but in terms of 3 coaches of SAME country, 1st time ever.

BVBFNM repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Lehrer gegen Schüler:
    upload_2020-8-15_14-1-33.png
    This evening 18:45 cest

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    with 75% of SF coaches being German in CL, good chance that we'll get 2 consecutive German coaches winning CL.

Last time 2 coaches from 1 country to CONSECUTIVELY win CL happened............you guessed it was 2 German coaches in 90s.

Hitzfeld won with Dortmund in 97, his 1st out of 2.
    Heynckes won with Real Madrid in 98, his 1st out of 2

also Klopp won his 1st and none of Tuchel, Nagelsmann or Flick have ever won it. So another 1st timers.....

BVBFNM repped this.
  25. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Something been occurred in my mind lately and related to coach. Now we have 3 German coach in SF of UCL right? And the last year winner coach also German in Klopp. So basically those 4 best coaches all ex-player. I know Nagelsmann retired very early due to unfortunate injury.

i think it is quite interesting seeing the current trend of young coach. These past years, we have Zidane, Solksjaer, Henry, Niko Kovac, Gattuso, Gerrard, Lampard, Arteta, Inzaghi, Luis Enrique, Blanc and Pirlo who will taking care Juventus, and allegedly Xavi who will become future Barcelona coach (not right after Setien, but somewhere in the future). Most of those coaches still to early to tell whether they will become top class or not. Zidane with his crazy achievement in UCL, we can consider very successful and no one should doubt it. But the rest of it, still remains to be see. Some of those I think too early to manage big club. Lampard in Chelsea, Solksjaer in MU and the most shocking one is Pirlo appointment for Juventus.

Personally I think club going from one extreme to another just like in politics you know. Oh if the old coach didn't work out (like Sarri) then we need to appoint young blood like Pirlo. Is it prudent though? Highly questionable. Or from Mourinho to Solksjaer, or from Sarri again to Lampard, or from Emery to Arteta. Again, apart from Zidane, what is the variable that made the club entrust the coaching role to those young coaches? I think past history with club takes the priority here over the real talent of those young coaches, hence Lampard in Chelsea and so on. And club might think that Pep success with Barcelona as the yardstick of guaranteed future success.

And on the other hand of spectrum, we have those 4 - Klopp, Tuchel, Flick and Nagelsmann. Their career as player might not be as shining as Lampard etc. But they really started their career from down below up to highest position. One can say that their growth career as coach much more organic. Indeed Nagelsmann might be the most talented from those 4 considering he is 33 years old now and able to bring Leipzig, a club with lesser star player to UCL SF. I don't necessarily think likes of Henry, Pirlo, Solksjaer is not talented, but moving to fast to become head coach, especially in bigger club might be detrimental to their future career. Just imagine if Xavi was the one who coach this current Barcelona team and being destroyed like that by Bayern, it might become grave for his coaching career.

So all in all, those 4 German coach having more ample opportunity to hone their coaching skill from technical and personality aspect in much more organic way. And I find it the more popular German players turn coaches having absolute stinker of career as coach. Klinsmann and Matthaus the most prominent failure of coach. Heiko Herrlich not as popular as Klinsmann but his potential as coach seems limited as well. Who else? Stefan Kuntz is quite successful for youth NT but remain to be seen as bundesliga coach.

Ger90 repped this.