German Coaches Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Nov 5, 2016.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This post has triggered in me the need to post a rant.

When Bayern won the treble under Jupp Heynckes, Latin American sports pundits reacted with absolute indifference. Once Guardiola arrived the very same pundits became Bayern fans overnight and wouldn't shut up about how Bayern was playing their best ever football, and that Bayern improved considerably under Guardiola. Well guess what, Pep Guardiola's "best ever Bayern" failed to win the treble, nor did they even match the feat of winning three consecutive European Cups accomplished by the Bayern of the 1970s, and this from someone who hates Bayern.

Rant ended.

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with you, Pep was trash imo, too obsessed with trying to play pretty football, overrated and didn't belong. Stick with Barca where Messi,Iniesta, Xavi etc win you trophies. He hasn't done shit with City and wasted Bayern's potential in his years. I recall there was talk about how Jupp Heynckes wanted to stay afterward winning but Bayern wanted Pep.:rolleyes: What was it Pep's Bayern will win more trebles in the future, this is just the beginning, LOL.

Jupp Heynckes was the last class coach from Bayern. Pep, Carlo and Kovac can go shove it.

Pep also did a lot of damage too, once he came to Germany it felt like dfb wanted to emulate his style and ideas in youth levels. The moment, dfb/Low/Germany threw away German traits for more Spanish is when we went down the drain.

Flick so far is doing an excellent job and this is a salvage job post Kovac and he's had numerous injury problems in squad too. Now everyone at Bayern including players, media etc are all saying that Flick is closest coach to Jupp than any of the others in terms of style. Jupp and Flick seem like friends too and Flick also took things from Jupp in terms of interpersonal skills with players.

I admit 100% being disillusioned with Bayern from 2013-2019 (barring the Jupp salvage job in 2017-2018, could have won another CL after a 5 year hiatus). Something I feel like Dortmund fans have been feeling for years too, well some of them.....

Latin American and Spain don't care about any German football. In fact, I feel like they hate our guts just like the English do, LOL.

Blueberry_night and BVBFNM repped this.
  3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Actually that's part of the reason I became a German football fan. Partly out of curiosity and as a reaction to Latin American sports media's dismissiveness towards German football as opposed to the constant brown-nosing of Spanish football.

A lot of people think it's weird that a Latin American such as myself with no real ties to Germany is so passionate about German football, but I don't mind that at all.

Dage and Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spanish football might be more technical but it's a borefest to watch. I hate Spain 2008-2012 team to death. People are like "Best team EVER", frick that shit, they weren't even that great of a team and got lucky and won tons of games unconvincing. Watching their downfall in 2014 while we won the WC was glorious.

Latin America should be more worried about the lack of South American WC trophy in 20 years. Nothing but Euro teams winning. Look at Argentina, one of the best players ever, team full of stars, get them together and they all are duds, lol. Glad that we stopped Messi from winning in 3/4 of his WC attempts.:D

I've seen over the years more and more people drawn to German football who aren't German due to the attacking and fun football whether its dfb or 1BL. I mean look at dfb, even we lose it's still entertaining matches. I recall back in 2014 seeing tons of people we weren't even Germans wearing dfb jersey. A lot of Anti-German propaganda in media. All the focus is on EPL, La Liga and Serie A after. I say the more fans irregardless of origins the better, the more the merrier. It's always nice to see it spread over the world and not just Germany focused. I always think language and culture play a part of this. Like how you never see anyone talk about German players but other nationalities they get hyped to death. Basically there are no German "world stars" for a reason.

BVBFNM repped this.
  5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yeah, in this day and age it's going to be very hard for a German footballer to win an individual prize like the Ballon d'Or or FIFA Player of the Year (now known as the Best), all because German footballers lack the media appeal of a Messi or CR7.

I think it's it's disgraceful how Messi was awarded the Ballon d'Or and the Best late last year. Everyone in their right mind knows Virgil Van Dijk was The rightful recipient.

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Uhm, ...:cautious:...really?:unsure:

7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes. He was instrumental in Liverpool's Champions League victorious campaign as well as the Netherlands Euro qualification campaign.

Ger90 repped this.
  8. How many Dutch coaches in the BuLi?
    Boaz, Schreuder, ..So you're leading at half time 3-2;)

Ger90 repped this.
  9. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    In all honesty, Messi did get all the media appeal due to his own otherworldly skill. We have to admit he is the greatest talent in maybe last few decades.

I think the problem not on German player side. The problem is more on Messi and CR7. Last year van Dijk got nothing compared to Wesley Sneijder. It was an absolute travesty Sneijder didn't receive the ballon d'or on 2010 edition.

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the faster Messi/Ronaldo retire the more fun the game will be. No more 2 player domination.

could see it spread between players.

11. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This year in champions league Bayern will face Barcelona
    Boateng will nutmeg Messi...Messi will slip and fall flat on the ground
    Messi will take retirement

Ger90 repped this.
  12. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This is purely my opinion so just leave it there if you disagree with it. The reason why Latin media praise Spanish football and everything related to it, be it Pep Guardiola, Xavi, Iniesta, Real Madrid, Vicente del Bosque and whoever those related, has nothing to do with dismissiveness or for lack of better word disrespect toward German football.

It is as simple as, they share same language and cultural root, plain and simple. Do you realize how many countries in this world adopted Spanish language as their national lingua franca? Do you realize how big those area and population on Southern America and central America such as Mexico, Honduras? In southern America only Brazil (I might be wrong here) use Portugese language and even so they share similarity with Spanish language being rooted in Romanic language. We're talking about hundreds of millions of population, and double digit number of countries.

And those living in those countries translated to bigger market. And those bigger market created bigger fanbase which translated to bigger economical prospect. That is the reason why, even hypotethically Bundesliga clubs winning 5 champion leagues in a row, we still have fewer fanbase compared to Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid. I know there are Bundesliga fans coming from those area, but still those are outliers.

Let's put it this way, if somehow Malmo magically winning the next 2 champions league edition, would there be an increase in number of Malmo fans from south America? Indeed. But would it displace Real / Barca number of fans? Don't put your hope on it. The Latin america or spanish media will chalk out Malmo victory as one of the following : luck or cheating or both. Maybe they will praise certain players or the coach, but it will not change the tide of cultural background. You see where I'm going with this?

And with above in mind, just imagine how much of fanbase EPL can get being English speaking country. If anything, only the level of quality of Serie A that vastly superior to other league that enable Serie A to become football fanbase leader during 1980-1990's decaded. And they totally screwed that window of opportunity, I cannot see Serie A rebound back to hayday of 1990's.

All in all, it feels really good to see how Pep fares in Citeh so far. Let's see which conglomerate club will he move to and it is fun to see with deep pocket squad how he managed to bottled CL year in and year out.

BVBFNM repped this.
  13. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually tbf in England, (although there is obviously a deep rooted rivalry lol) the Bundesliga gets a lot of coverage, obviously now even more so given that no other major league is playing, but even before that there were always at least 4 matches on TV every weekend and they even show 2.liga too. There is a lot of admiration for the fan culture/relationship with clubs too, the ticket prices, drinking beer on terraces etc.

Basically since the German academy reboot lots of people used Germany as a leading example to try and follow, and many German players are well known/ get hyped. At the moment Havertz seems to be getting major hype, almost as much as Sancho lol and it also helps that you have pundits like Raphael Honigstein, Owen Hargreaves and sometimes people like Michael Ballack and Didi Hamann or Jann Aage Fjortoft on TV/radio who actually have good knowledge of German football.

Dage, BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Trashing 4-0 W vs Hoff
    Trashing 3-0 W vs Union
    2-2 D with RB Leipzig
    2-0 W vs Augsburg

15. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Don't worry, I totally get that the reason Latin American media will always be partial to Spanish football due to the linguistic and cultural heritage of Spain, which I have always resented, but that's a story for another time.

Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. :ROFLMAO:
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...d-het-moeten-er-niet-te-veel-worden~ad2565e6/
    [​IMG]
    CBV-baas over Duitse coaches in Nederland: ‘Het moeten er niet te veel worden’

De kans is groot dat FC Twente Alexander Zorniger op korte termijn presenteert als nieuwe hoofdtrainer. Daarmee komt het aantal Duitse coaches in het Nederlandse profvoetbal op vijf. ,,Opvallend veel”, vindt CBV-directeur Mario Captein, die de belangen van ‘onze’ coaches behartigt. Maar: zorgen maakt hij zich nog niet.

Dennis van Bergen 05-06-20, 22:08

CBV boss about German coaches in the Netherlands: "It shouldn't become too many"

Chances are that FC Twente will present Alexander Zorniger soon as new head coach. This brings the number of German coaches in Dutch professional football to five. "A striking amount," says CBV director Mario Captein, who represents the interests of "our" coaches. But: he is not yet worried.

Attached Files:

Ger90 repped this.
  18. https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...e-in-gelredome-ik-ga-mijn-eigen-weg~a4a1e099/
    Met Letsch Klopp-kopie in Gelredome? ‘Ik ga mijn eigen weg’

Thomas Letsch wil zijn voetafdruk zetten bij Vitesse. De Duitser is meer dan een product uit de voetbalschool van Red Bull. En in Arnhem loopt ook geen kopie van PSV-coach Roger Schmidt of Jürgen Klopp van Liverpool binnen. ,,Ik zet mijn eigen accenten”, zegt hij.

With Letsch Klopp copy in Gelredome? 'I go my own way'

Thomas Letsch wants to make his mark/put his footprint at Vitesse. The German is more than a product of the Red Bull football school. And in Arnhem, no copy of PSV coach Roger Schmidt or Jürgen Klopp from Liverpool is coming in either. "I make my own emphasis," he says.

Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    curious who's the other one to be 5?
    Wormuth,Schmidt, Letsch and now Zorninger.

look at that, they want to protect Dutch coaches. Sometimes feels like 1BL is only league that seems disinterest in domestic protection...............

20. Peter Hyballa (NAC), but he's considered a half Dutch:D

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dutch coach Schreuder axed and German coach hired for interim. Now it's like 5-1.:p

Coaches Matthias Kaltenbach, Michael Rechen and Timo Gross will take interim charge for the final four fixtures of the season, with Marcel Rapp and Kai Herdling stepping up from the club’s academy to assist the temporary coaching staff.

23. I read he disagreed with the board about the course to be taken.
    I thought Schreuder had some attractive football played.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bald fraud gets ousted at Bayern by Flick and also ousted in England by Klopp.

I also recall the Bald fraud's record vs Klopp when their teams meet to be in Klopp's favor.