News: Georgia - Coroatia EURO 2012 Qualifications.

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by carmelino, Mar 22, 2011.

1. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I would like to represent you new match in EURO 2012 Qualifications.

The game is playing in Georgia, probably in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia.

March 26 th 2011, Georgia - Croatia

Group Standings:

P W D L GF GA GD Pts
    1 Croatia 4 3 1 0 8 1 7 10 :D
    2 Greece 4 2 2 0 4 2 2 8
    3 Georgia 4 1 3 0 3 2 1 6 :)
    4 Israel 4 1 1 2 5 5 0 4
    5 Latvia 4 1 1 2 3 5 -2 4
    6 Malta 4 0 0 4 1 9 -8 0

Croatian national fooball team:

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia_national_football_team

Georgian national football team:

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_national_football_team

I don't think that Croatian team will have bigger problems against Georgia, but surprise is always possible. What do you think about that game, anyone going on that game? What do you think about Croatian group?

Games played so far:

Group F

2-9-2010 Israel 3 - 1 Malta
    3-9-2010 Latvia 0 - 3 Croatia
    3-9-2010 Greece 1 - 1 Georgia
    7-9-2010 Georgia 0 - 0 Israel
    7-9-2010 Malta 0 - 2 Latvia
    7-9-2010 Croatia 0 - 0 Greece
    8-10-2010 Georgia 1 - 0 Malta
    8-10-2010 Greece 1 - 0 Latvia
    9-10-2010 Israel 1 - 2 Croatia
    12-10-2010 Latvia 1 - 1 Georgia
    12-10-2010 Greece 2 - 1 Israel
    17-11-2010 Croatia 3 - 0 Malta
    26-3-2011 Malta - Greece
    26-3-2011 Israel - Latvia
    26-3-2011 Georgia - Croatia
    29-3-2011 Israel - Georgia
    4-6-2011 Croatia - Georgia
    4-6-2011 Greece - Malta
    4-6-2011 Latvia - Israel
    2-9-2011 Israel - Greece
    2-9-2011 Georgia - Latvia
    2-9-2011 Malta - Croatia
    6-9-2011 Croatia - Israel
    6-9-2011 Latvia - Greece
    6-9-2011 Malta - Georgia
    7-10-2011 Greece - Croatia
    7-10-2011 Latvia - Malta
    11-10-2011 Malta - Israel
    11-10-2011 Croatia - Latvia
    11-10-2011 Georgia - Greece

2012 - Euro - Croatia in main role :)

After the game against Georgia, Croatia is flying up in Paris, to play a match against France (Friendly game)

It's on March 29th, 2011. on Stade de France, St.Denis. :) New generations, old rival battles. Enjoy. :)

2. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Georgia has not lost a game yet in this group so this game won't be that easy..Im thinking Croatia will win 1-0 or get a draw..Gerogia has good home support and i think game is sold out..Georgia plays very simalar to Greece so hopefully we can score an early goal so the game could open up then..

3. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Yes, Georgia had complicated games allready resolved: against Greece as a guest and bad edition at home against Israel 0-0 only. It was key game for them. If they lose now against Croatia, they will lose any chance for qualifying at Euro in Poland and Ukraine.
    Georgia will play defensive style of game, this means all buses will be parked in 30 m from their goal :D Group is not exciting at all, but if we don't be patient, we could lose some important points.
    What do you think about our possible first squad? I have heard that nobody is injured. Support for Georgian team will be fanatical for sure. Croatia will also have a trip challenge. It's far away. Early goal would be nice, so that our play comes to the expression. :)

4. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Here is the lineup i think bilic will use..

-------------------------runje------------------------------------------

srna-----------------corluka-----------lovren------------------strinic

--------------------vukojevic---------rakitic----------------------------

-------ilicevic---------------modric------------------kranjcar---------

---------------------------kalinic-------------------------------------

5. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Croatia needs better goalkeaper. :)
    Dejan Lovren made some errors against Real Madrid. He scored own goal, but judges didn't accept that own goal :rolleyes:
    Kranjcar was goood in only 2 games for Croatian team. The rest of games he played on a very low level, just because his father was good player in the past. :rolleyes:

I think that people who want to see the game against France could watch here

http://www.getsport.tv/football/ger...tch-france-croatia-live-streaming-free-online

6. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Lovren had a very good first game against Madrid and has been very good for Lyon..I think Lovren is going to start as hes in good form and Simunic has not been playing for his club..Kranjcar is the leading scorer so far in qualifiers so i definitely think he is going to start..

7. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I hope that Lovren will concetrate against Georgia. It would be bad to lose points, as they did with Greece. Now they must take points in "away matches" :)

8. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  9. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Yes, ugh :D
    What a bad game. I think that Croatia is going down in football quality.
    Croatia has the easiest group ever in qualifications.
    We couldn't see nothing yesterday, so boring game, lack of ideas, tactics, concept, creativity :confused:
    One of the worse Croatian games ever, if you include also that game against England and those two defeats.
    I think that Croatia needs new people in the management, bench and on the field. Lovren, Kranjcar, Srna, Corluka, Strinic, Dujmovic sucks. :eek:
    Online I see headlines: "Complete disaster"

10. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    What a freakin disgracefull performance..Bilic talks about playing like barca..Ye sure these lazy ballerinas dont want to freakin run let alone have the technique like barca players do..It's time for bilic to go and put players on the field who are going to run and play hard for there country not just walk around for 90 minutes..

11. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Croatia don't have B. from Barcelona. Some players don't deserve to play for national team.
    For example Kranjcar played only 2 good games, against Israel and Norway. In that period he thought that he will get in first plan in Tottenham with his good games in national team. In these days I have heard speculations that he is moving in Moscow, to play for local club Spartak.
    That's why he didn/t played good, because club selled him and now he doesn't care about Croatian team.

"Kranjčar was given his international debut by his father Zlatko in August 2004."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Kranjčar

Now we can see why he still plays in national team. In club he is on the bench all the time. :rolleyes:
    Coach Bilic has no idea about coaching, tactics.
    Have you seen how they started play good after the goal. Why didn't they played like that 89 minutes??
    Nobody can pass opponent player, Corluka to slow, fat, running with full feet :rolleyes: Modric tries a bit, but this is way far from "outstanding Croatian talent"
    Croatian team is bad since 2008. and EURO 2008., when they lost against Turkey. Since than they didn't present nothing, they can't beat Greece, Georgia, Ukraine. They lost with a clean results against England (1-4) and (5-1).
    Goalkeaper Runje sucks, Pletikosa drinks to much like most of the team. They don't live healthy life. Srna looks older 5,6 years than he really is.
    Petric doesn't cre to much, for club he scores 3,4 goals, with Croatia he walks around. Kranjcar can't pass any player, and that's Croatian Zidane :)

Lovren - so bad and bad, when will they all figure it out. In Lyon he sucks, media write only negative stuff about him during the defensive assignments.
    Strinic is Left Back player, he can't pass and center in normal way.
    Croatian wings can't penetrate in opponents defense. Main role of contemporary football are wings, and back players like in all other normall clubs and teams.
    To bad that Ilicevic end Eduardo were injured, maybe we could see better game.
    When I see Kalinic, he makes me sick, with his attitude "I am world class player", no smile, just self - centered spoiled child.
    Now this game against France doesn't mean anything. In Paris they will play better, because there will be scouts from many big European clubs.
    Spoiled presentation of antitalented players.

Bilic told: "Do not worry, we are on half of our qualifications"
    Like anyone expects now 5 wins in the rest of the games.
    Croatia needs to play against Greece in Athens, there will be atmosphere like in hell, just like yesterday. Media told that on the stadium was 65 000 spectators, not 45 000 like they said.
    Croatia needs to play against Israel and Georgia in Croatia.
    Bilic counts his win against Latvia and Malta like great presentations. He is on great criticism in Croatia, almost nobody likes him, because of his false humanism, public life like a star, he can only be seen in commercials.

Always laim excuses through history: It was hot, it was cold, bad field, humidity in the air, grass is 2 mm longer..
    Why can't Croatia play like Spain, with routine, like Germany or Italy.
    Croatia always has "historical matches". How can Malta, Latvia or Georgia be historical matches.

12. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    I agree with mostly what you say carmelino..If you look at the goal Georgia scored our stupid players thought it was offsides and stopped playing..Corluka and Lovren just looking at each other..Modric and dujmovic jogging back instead of running..When Georgia scored all of a sudden our players started to play..Well what the heck happend for the first 89 minutes..Nobody running moving to get open just pass the ball back to runje then let him kick it far..It is time to introduce some new blood guys who are going to play for the sacred jersey..At least perisic was out there trying..The only thing i disagree with you about is Lovren..He started bad at lyon yes but the last 2 months has been very good for the club..Lovren is a good young player who plays hard and with agression unlike that lazy piece of crap Corluka who plays like his head is in the clouds..

13. split3clemente

Oct 11, 2005
    DC, Split
    Pathetic. Lost to Georgia, lol. No words.

14. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Yes...3 players: Srna, Corluka and Lovren just watched like some wooden figures. Bad reaction.
    Modric is playing only back with his "creative ball", he hasn't got any courage to move forward, like they are affraid of getting injuries. They need to earn money in clubs, so why take risks with some Georgia.
    Finally they pulled out Kranjcar from the game, he is very protected player, bad choice is that Pranjic didn't played instead of Strinic. He putted Kranjcar first on the right side, than again on left side, he can't run at all.
    Only Rakitic was doing at least something and he pulled him out.
    Also they started to play like fanatics after the goal???:rolleyes: Like they wanted to win some money on bettings for 0-0 result :D
    Jelavic could play instead of silly Kalinic. Kalinic refused several times to play for U-21 team, because he doesn't feel good in that role.
    Perisic really gave his blood there :D
    I don't know, I think that we will be soon like Bulgaria, Romania, no motivation. Soon we will be 30, 40 on FIFA ranking.
    This team don't have character at all since the match against Turkey 2008.

Why Croatia don't have stronger opponents in friendly matches. Now we play against France. :rolleyes: Why don't we play against Southamerican teams, because on every World Cup we played against them and we regulary lost every match with 1-0 against Argentina, Ecuador, Mexico and Brazil.
    As a team from Euro zone it would be all right to expect Southamerican team in our group on World Cup :D

I saw Lovren against Real Madrid he did some bad things, so Marcelo could scored. He also made own goal, but it's not accepted from referee.

Everyone hates Corluka, Srna, Kranjcar, Kalinic, Runje, Strinic, because most of them fill tabloids than nets :rolleyes: Corluka, Srna, Kranjcar are in tabloids all the time, what they eat, with who they hang out. They are average and overpriced players. If Srna has some quality he would be playing in English, Spanish, Italian, German or French league. Same thing is with Strinic, Dujmovic.
    We pick every player from diaspora that has -ic on the end of his surname.
    They are mostly fakers, who try to manipulate with their so called patriotism.
    I like Rakitic, Simunic, Petric, Ilicevic, brothers Kovac..to bad that we don't have more players like these.
    Corluka is getting fatter and fatter, he looks like lumberjack. "My girl left me, oh poor me, mummy hold me tight" :D And his girlfriend woman absurd. She has IQ at least 7.

Why they don't call Cale in team, he is doing great in Turkish league.
    I think tha they just putted him in national team as a product in Croatian layout, just like Drago Gabric. Gabric is also bad player.

We have the easiest group ever. After England in last qualifications everyone thought: Now it would be easy. Stupid mentality.

15. FC_HRV

FC_HRV New Member

May 14, 2007
    Toronto
    Come on people let's stop blaming the players.
    Yes some should have had a better performance but this is clearly on Bilic.
    When we had England in our group his strategy was to go for the win and attack. The result was a thrashing in Zagreb and again in London.
    Against the lesser lights in soccer he employs a defensive strategy and waiting out a result. This was the strategy yesterday, against Greece, and others. Like we have something to fear. If we are FIFA top 10 then we must play like that, not be afraid to open things up. If we are afraid of these kinds of countries then I don't know what to say.
    We lacked any type of flow, imagination, willingness, urgency to go forward. It was like a stroll in the park to wait out a tie and take 1 point. Forget that I say, we must play for 3 points, regardless of where the game is played.
    I am sorry, but is time for Bilic to go.

16. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    They also have big role in this failure. They don't play with heart. Team was excellent from 2006. - 2008. and EURO 2008, after that was so bad.

There are some declerations, that Bilic is most succesfull coach in Croatian history, since 1990 year.
    How come? Miroslav Blazevic was 5th on EURO 1996 and 3rd on World Cup in France.

Bilic was 5th on EURO 2008 and he didn't entered on main tournament, World Cup 2010 in South Africa (third place in group, behind England and Ukraine)
    Zlatko Kranjcar was fired because one defeat only, on World Cup in Germany against Brazil.

Bilic lost two matches against England, two big defeats (4-1), (5-1)
    Such a shame to lose like that. Goalkeaper Runje was swimming in his space all the time.
    Bilic couldn't beat defensive style of Ukranian game (2-2), (0-0)

In qualifications for EURO 2008, he couldn't beat Russia (0-0), (0-0)
    He can't beat Greece in Zagreb (0-0) and Georgia in Tbilisi (1-0)
    How long can be Croatian media, football association and football experts blind and tolerant?

Corluka, Kranjcar, Kalinic, Strinic, Srna, Dujmovic, Lovren can't give anymore.
    Their glorious days are past tense. Modric is torchering himself in defensive assignments, because Kranjcar can't follow pressure of moving, running, taking balls, heading forward. He is so lazy, like Corluka and Srna. Strinic just can be happy for even playing on that position, how come Pranjic didn't play?
    Better career in Bayern Munich, longer experience, better in attacking style.

Croatia must find new goalkeaper, not Subasic, Pletikosa is no where with his future career. Maybe they should start to count on Ivan Kelava from Dinamo Zagreb. Galinovic played in Panathinaikos, now we don't see him in any plans. They can hire Delac, Chelsea bought him and I think he is now on loan at Vitesse Arnhem.

How can they play only with one attacker against Georgia, game without courage?
    Kranjcar played only two good games for Croatia recently and he is expecting big career in club. Redknapp is getting know very well what type of person and player Kranjcar is. He was kicked from Dinamo Zagreb, kcked, not sold :) He is since 2004. in Croatian team only because of his father, who was good player.
    Several goals, most of them they were in friendly matches. (Brazil, Scotland, Norway..etc)

First attack should be Jelavic - Petric. And Croatia just need to wait for Eduardo and Olic to get well from injuries. Olic and Eduardo can't give to much for team like before. Eduardo is in eternal injuries. Olic is getting old, sunset of his career.

Middlefielders shold be Rakitic, Pranjic, Modric, Ilicevic.
    Defense should be Vrsaljko, Simunic, Lovren, Corluka.

Corluka's natural position is Right back, not Central back.

Yesterday seemed to be like Bilic was happy with 0-0. :eek:
    Croatia can't beat teams that "park their buses" on 30 meters of their goal.
    Croatia don't have natural speed, they just do clean passes, nothing surprising, always the same and most of time the ball is in possesion of defensive players. What happened with Srna? No runs on right side like before.

We will have problems against Greece, Israel and Georgia.
    Malta also sound suspicious because they lost in 90' against Greece. Malta is so defensive team and they could stop us, once they did, it was 1-1 in Malta.
    If you can remember violence on stadium after the game.
    Yesterday were two Croatian fans deported back in Croatia because of violence during the flight in Georgia.

On June 4th, second edition of Croatian nightmare against Georgia. :D

17. FC_HRV

FC_HRV New Member

May 14, 2007
    Toronto
    carmelino, you sound like you have an axe to grind rather than real constructive criticism.
    How can Krnajcar, Corluka, et. al be past their prime? Strinic is a new guy in the fold in his mid-twenties. Bad game yes but overall I like him.
    And then you talk of Kranjcar. he is our highest goals scorer. he plays good for the Spurs also - when he gets in. The problem is Bilic who plays him in the middle with Modric. Everyone knows this does not work. he must play wide on the left to give both room.
    And Srna is not slow, he is amazing. I agree with you that Charlie should play right back. This pushes Srna to RM and gives us a lot of attacking options on the right with that set up. Since Corluka's move to the centre we are listless on the right side attack.
    This is all coaching. It's time to say dovidjenja Slavene.

18. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    This loss is mostly on Bilic and his defensive tactics but some of the players need to look in the mirror as well..For example Modric when he plays for spurs runs non stop all game..On the goal Georgia scored Modric was just jogging back..No excuse for that as im sure he woulndt have been jogging back if he was playing for spurs..

I dont know if anyone looked at the stats but when Lovren and Corluka have more completed passes then Modric does something is very wrong..Bilic with these cautious tactics against a country that bunkers 90 percent of the game..Bilic is playing not to lose instead of going for the win against a country we have alot more quality..I can understand play just one striker against big countries like spain germany holland ect..Playing one striker against Georgia that is just ridiculous..

One more thing we cannot have Modric Kranjcar and Rakitic in the same midfield..these players are all to similar in that they all like the ball at there feet and only modric makes runs off the ball..Bilic needs to put a couple of guys with pace and who are going to make those runs off the ball..I would prefer guys like Pranjic and Ilicevic on the wing as they are natural wingers..

19. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Hello, I try to be objective, but situation don't really helps.
    This problem with Croatian NT durates since 2008. He promised that Croatia will enter on World Cup - he failed.
    He is promising now the same: "Come on, we are first team of this group I promise that I will do my best so Croatia can enter on EURO 2012."

Old answers on new questions.

Many bad situations is in that triangle Bilic, Markovic and players.
    Kranjcar is history. Why?
    He can't play on high level in his club, all the time on the bench.
    He had bad matches in Croatian national league. He was kicked from Dinamo Zagreb team. Kicked, not sold :D Now he will play for Spartak Moscow, thats two steps behind English Premier league if you ask me.
    Strinic can't penetrate on that left side. He should be Croatian "Roberto Carlos, or Jarni", he is to slow, not brave. Instead of assistance at goal area he passes the ball to Kranjcar, or Modric...and they stop, Modric is to weak phisically. He doesn't have distance kick (punch).

Why can't Kranjcar play for Spurs?
    Redknapp said@ "He doesn't have any luck" :rolleyes:
    He can't play even when v.d. Vaart, Pienaar or Bale are injured. Redknapp found out something bad in Kranjcar. That's why he gives only diplomatic answers because he needs to sell him away. If he would critisize him, he will destroy his price.
    Srna should be transfered on RM, Corluka on RB.
    This team doesn't have any character, if you remember penalty shootout against Turkey, they almost all missed. Without brave game they can't expect anything. Nobody would critisize them if they gave their hearts on the field.

Tomorrow Croatia can be third in their group.

20. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    They just save themselves from injuries. No injuries - bigger salary in the club.
    That's why Kranjcar is so "desperate" because of his bench assignments.

Yes, when defensive players have more passes that creative players, something is bad.

Modric has value of 26 millions of euros. Whole Georgian team values around 3 millions of euros. :D

Now Bilic is trying to give us impression that we need to fear against Latvia, Malta and such non-football countries. Before nobody payed any atention on Latvia, Georgia, Malta..Now we learn their players, their tactics.

Croatian football team is sinking boat. First member of Navy Seals left: Prosinecki. :rolleyes: He knew that, because of that I respect him. He told indirectly that they can't do anything for Croatia.
    If Croatia loses against France also, Bilic should resign. Than we need to take foreign coach, we only see Loncarevic, Jurcic, Bogdan, Scoria, Marijan Vlak, Velimir Zajec. These cartoon characters are old fashion.

21. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Gentlemen, is there a link that anyone can provide of a video of this match so that I can see this debacle? I was away on Saturday and could not watch live online.

Any help is appreciated.

22. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  23. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  24. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I am not happy also with tonights presentation. It was better than against Georgia, but without posession, chances, ideas, creativity.
    Modric again was lost in the pool with French defensive players.
    Srna also sucked. He had a nice chance, all alone, and nothing :mad:
    Nice chance from free kick.
    Kranjcar again sucked, what is he trying to do. Rakitic was good, Simunic great, Corluka better, Strinic nothing, Pletikosa should be first goalkeaper, this guy Runje so old, 35 years. He is thinking that he is something like v.d. Sar.

French team looked much better in attack, but they have same problems like we. No team spirit, no concentration, that chance from Remy, all alone. :rolleyes:

European football is getting worse, only Netherlands, Germany and Spain plays good. Even Netherlands and Spain had problems tonight against Hungary and Lithuania. But they are way ahead.

I saw Bilic at interview with Croatian reporter. He was so nervous, scared. If he gets fired, than he will no have good club in future, only success gives him a chance to manage in good club.

Did yo usee small talk between Blanc and Bilic. He told him about that punch and red card in France 1998. I think that he discussed with him abot that moment. Move on Slaven. L'Equipe - French magazine only deals with past, and some punches. So boring.

Srna, Kranjcar must go out of national team, that's for sure. :)
    Joe Simunic or Ivan Rakitic for captain.
    Luckely Israel won against Georgia, now they both have 6 games played, we and Greece have 5 games. At least we could enter in additional qualifications.
    Group is so difficult

25. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Simunic was our best player..Lovren and Corluka were solid as well..Strinic and Srna were our worst players..Kranjcar and Modric were also poor..Gamewas pretty boring as there was not many chances..France was better overall..Our passing was once again bad but at least players ran and hustled more then against Georgia..