George Bello at LASK (Austria)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Desperation move?

2. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Well, it‘s desperation time. This is one of the few times where I feel even if they finish 3rd form bottom they would be underdogs to whomever finshed 3rd in B2.
    They are not very good.

3. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Bello is playing and they're losing, continuing with the unrelenting gloom of this Saturday.

5. gjackson2207

gjackson2207 Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He got the run out for the full 90. Did anyone watch?

6. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    I watched the last 15 minutes or so. It was 2-1 and Armenia was trying to push forward but Koln had a great chance every minute and couldn‘t put it away.
    Armenia then had one good chance out of now where on a deflection I think and keeper made the save. Koln put it away right after that. I was half watching/listening as I was doing some sanding. Never heard Bello‘s name, when I watched he ran up and down the field but didn‘t get the ball or do much.
    Armenia is so poor. I said it before I‘ll say it again. If they are lucky enough to finish third from bottom and have a playoff I would bet on Hamburg or St Pauli to win. The current Bliga team almost always wins those games but this team is just so dire in general. I‘d love to see a healthy LAFC or Seattle take these guys on just for kicks.
    There is a lot more creativity on those teams.

A lot.

7. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Bello subbed on in the 72nd minute, trailing Hertha 1-0.

I HATE this guy's positioning. I can't get it out of my head now - repeatedly caught upfield without hustling back, too often not in position to receive a useful pass, too often nowhere near an attacker on D. Blew one really easy pass that would have set up a golden cross, had one crucial defensive header that would have conceded the game-clincher if he hadn't gotten it. Had one really high-speed overlapping run and cross that I don't understand why none of his teammates got a touch on.

Hertha had a golden opportunity breakaway in the 89th that the blew - break was partially the result of Bello being 40 yards upfield and not even open.

However, Bielefeld had a brilliant stoppage time headed equalizer, so everyone's happy.

Bello should receive low end ratings for this game.

Gacm32 repped this.
  8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Very likely he'll be in the 2.BuLi next season, he can learn to defend there. Maybe.

9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Bielefeld is toast.

11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They're only one point behind Stuttgart for the playoff spot, with one game left for them. Stuttgart has two left, but one is against Bayern, that lost last game and even half-arsing it is likely to punish Stuttgart just not to make it two in a row.

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Bello in at 77'

----

5 minutes left, this is a game they must win to save themselves. While Stuttgart are likely to lose their two games left against Bayern and the Goats, Arminia only has one game after this one against Leipzig, that needs all the points they can get to have a shot at Champions play next season, so they're not getting anything from that one.

Right now one point behind the playoff spot, and tied 1-1. If they score, they may save themselves yet.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Bello scores an own-goal. He killed them.

14. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How horrible. With his dad watching.

jnielsen repped this.
  15. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goodness.

16. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Never a good feeling to be associated with an own goal but that one seems like a mix of bad luck and bad timing. Bello lost his man and tried to over compensate a bit at the end and bumped the goalie which the momentum then carried the ball into the net.

In terms of relegation Bielefeld have been a pretty bleak all season long, with relegation knocking on the door for a while. Still mathematically able to stay alive if Stuttgart lose both remaining matches and Bielefeld find a way to win their final match. But otherwise, the club as a whole may have hit into the end of their 1st division run

17. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Bello isn’t very good at soccer.
    He just isn’t.

B2 is actually where he belongs. He will need a few years of play, not guaranteed IMO, and a lot of hard work. His feel for the game is very, very, very poor.

No way to sugar coat it.

18. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Yeah it was a freak play that he had no responsibility for other than that he has legs and that the ball can bounce.

19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Stuttgart beat The Goats, so Bello becomes the fifth YA officially relegated after Green, Tillman, Sargent and Tyler Boyd.

21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stuttgart's result had nothing to do with it. If they lost, they still would be above Arminia with 30 pts.

It was an awesome result thought!

Winoman repped this.
  22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Stuttgart game finished two minutes before Arminia's. By then Arminia's was 1-0 ahead of Leipzig, with 30 points and GD=-25. If Stuttgart had been scored on, they'd have gone down to 30 points as well, with a GD of -17.

So they were not officially relegated until one of the games ended --even if it was insane to think the 8 goals difference could be bridged in a couple of minutes. But you know how 'officially' works.

23. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New coach:

mace repped this.
  24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+