Genoa vs. Napoli @Stadio Luigi Ferraris - Matchday 12

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Nov 9, 2018.

1. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Last game before the international break. Mertens back in the squad. Battle of the Poles: Milik vs. Piantek. I think Piotr will get the start. Where is Ghoulam???

Match Preview: https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/preview/125178

Form Guide: Genoa (L L D D L) Napoli (W D W W L)

Last season: Genoa 2-3 Napoli

Stat fact: Napoli are unbeaten in their last 12 Serie A meetings with Genoa, picking up nine wins and three draws, home and away.

Genoa (probable): Radu; Biraschi, Zukanovic, Criscito; Pereira, Romulo, Veloso, Bessa, Lazovic; Piatek, Kouame

Suspended: None

Napoli (probable): Karnezis; Hysaj, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Malcuit; Rog, Diawara, Ruiz, Zielinski; Milik, Insigne

Suspended: None

Napoli squad for Genoa: Ospina, Karnezis, D’Andrea, Albiol, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Ghoulam, Luperto, Malcuit, Mario Rui, Hysaj, Fabian Ruiz, Rog, Allan, Diawara, Hamsik, Zielinski, Mertens, Callejon, Milik, Insigne, Ounas

2. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    In his latest press conference he said how he expects a very physical game In Genoa. I don't think we'll see Diawara and Ruiz, I think it will be one or the other. That's a pretty soft midfield.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He said he will only do 4 changes.

Hysaj and Milik are a recipe for disaster. Start Ounas. Where is Verdi?

Sacki repped this.
  4. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I think Verdi is still injured.

Not sure why CA felt the need to start Milik everytime we face a physical team. It's not like he can muscle opposition defenders off the ball and score every time. In the first place, he won't even get to the ball because of his lack of pace.

5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Diawara seems to be unhappy with his playing time, or at least that's what his agent said. These things piss me off... He is so young, playing for one of the greatest teams, and most importantly, he hasn't shown much so far. Why do they always have to feel like they should play no matter what? These things really piss me off, I am still angry at Rui for saying that he will leave if he doesn't play, as if he were the best there is. I wonder when Ghoulam will come back.

Sacki repped this.
  6. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's healthy to want to play, but the "play me or else part" is bothersome. I'm sure Don Carlo will deal with these guys 1v1 to explain that this is a team effort, and if it persists after, I'm sure they will be sent packing.

7. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Napoli: Ospina; Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Mario Rui; Callejon, Allan, Hamsik, Zielinski; Milik, Insigne

Napoli bench: Karnezis, D’Andrea, Maksimovic, Ghoulam, Luperto, Malcuit, Fabian, Rog, Diawara, Mertens, Ounas

I was expecting Mertens to be left out tonight. Carlo is getting some difficulties regarding rotation, so he can just tell Mertens that he wants to rest him due to his injury in the last match, just to be on the safe side of the spectrum.

I wouldn't be so sure, as one of the players that had been complaining about being left out was Mertens, and I don't see sending him packing as a realistic option, as I am sure you do not as well. Mertens is simply too good to be sent packing, just like it would be very difficult to get rid of Hamsik or Insigne. However, Rui and Diawara, if they have shown anything so far it is that they are replaceable. Rui has proven himself to be a very good player, but I don't really think that he has anything on what Ghoulam had shown before he got injured. Moreover, I could name 50 LBs as good or better than Rui in 5 minutes... Diawara is a more difficult subject to tackle, as even though he has not shown much, he is very young and we cannot guess how far his potential will reach. But on the other hand, we also cannot afford to let youngsters like that screw with us. I trust that Carlo will be able to deal with everything quietly, though he will definitely go through some difficult times.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Well, offical lineup is out. Milik and Hysaj both start. Let's see how disastrous. But then its only against Genoa.

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Hysaj's weaknesses are that he is often played like a kitty when faced with a world-class winger along with not being able to contribute to attack. Overall, I think he is capable of playing against Genoa. Milik hasn't been so disastrous as well, just not reaching the level of some others, but if we do not score we will get into trouble, so he better step the .... up and give us some goals.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree. Hysaj is ok against weak teams. He just should not play against top clubs.

But even today he has been owned on the right. So I am changing my mind.

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Mertens injured play Ounas. With Milik we are one player less.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great marking by Hysaj.

Again this is on Ancelotti. Repeat of Roma game.

Hysaj and Milik don’t work.

13. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hysaj.....the experiment has to be over. Malcuit awaits

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Milik too. What is his contribution to the game?

How many games does Ancelotti need to see it?

RichardBarker and Sacki repped this.
  15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ******** off Milik

16. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Milik took a kick to the head:confused:

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We don't know how to play milik, often he is making decent runs but the balls never come, add that he has no other qualities his days as a napoli seem to be over soon

CarecaNapoli and Euphorius Thor repped this.
  18. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    This happened to Rui as well a while ago, so we should not blame Hysaj exclusively, though I admit he should have done better there...

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mario Rui is also poor defensively but we have Ghoulam as well who will come back and in attack Mario Rui adds a lot.

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is bad for us. Because effectively we now have a 30 minute game where they need to defend a 1-0 and are fresh.

21. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Fabian 1-1. What a shitshow

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy is a 3rd world country

23. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    After all those garbage non calls I'll take that goal thanks

24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Fabian Ruiz and Mertens are at least one class above Milik and Zielinski... consistency is key

cipro, CarecaNapoli and Retrosword repped this.
  25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    and for the love of god let chelsea have hysaj... do us one last favour mister

CarecaNapoli repped this.