Genoa [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by soccer krazy, Jan 22, 2007.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: The Official Genoa Thread

I think i remember reading that Forestieri could be loaned out this season, maybe to a serie B team. Not 100% sure.

But in terms of Genoa's transfer season i'm really impressed. They made better moves than Napoli, and they already had a good team. Genoa should be able to compete this season

2. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

agreed there. i think genoa will do better then most people are giving them credit for over i the serie a table prediction thread.

this is to any of you genoa fans: what will your line up look like next season, just curious because i havnt seen them play to much and im interested to see how it compares to palermo and napoli's

3. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

forestieri was given to siena on a co-ownership for konko in a deal that left me in disbelief. :eek:

only explanation is that preziosi owes something big to juve (siena's daddy)

lineup as of today:

rubinho
    bega-de rosa-bovo
    marco rossi-milanetto-coppola-fabiano
    papa waigo-figueroa-di vaio

reserve lineup:

pegolo
    masiello-stellini-??
    konko-paro-juric-danilo
    leon-borriello-sculli

other players:

gasparetto (fw)
    scarpi (gk)
    adailton (fw)
    greco (fw)

goal and attack are ok (attack actually needs some cuts), defence obviously needs big adjustments, midfield needs a big name and some experienced and proven replacements, both in the center and on the wings. With the current lineup I think we'll struggle to even stay in serie a.

4. Berean Todd

Berean Todd New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I don't think we will struggle to stay up, but we won't be challenging for Europe. I think we have more than enough quality to achieve la salveza. We do need strengthening though, and I do pray it happens sometime soon.

5. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  6. nassau

nassau New Member

Aug 6, 2007

quick one here - I will be in Verona the week fo the 26th and would like to get to the Genoa / AC Milan match. Anyone here know about tickets? Is it like NA where you can show up and buy scalped ones? What are the fans like in teh stadium? I want the real deal!!!
    Thanks in advance

7. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  8. spyweb

spyweb New Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Napoli/L.A.

Un in bocca a lupo a tutti i fratelli rossoblu.

Napoli & Genoa For Ever

9. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

Genoa unfortunately lost 0-3 against a strong Milan side.

Next up is Catania at the Massimino.

10. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  11. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA

How many Genoa fans here?

Any of you going to watch the game at the Massimino in Catania?

Beautiful city, really. With the game you'd get lots of nice food, a beautiful beach, nice people...

I do like Genoa, and I would like to see you guys avoid relegation along with us.

But that being said, I definitely want you all to lose tomorrow. :D

In all seriousness, I saw off GDS that the following is the following formation that you all will field (3-4-3):

--------Rubinho-----------

Lucarelli--De Rosa--Bega

Fabiano--Paro--Milanetto--Rossi

---Di Vaio--Gasperetto--Papa W

12. Berean Todd

Berean Todd New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I love Genoa, my family is from there, and my uncles and other relatives are all Grifoni. In the absence of being able to watch them in the Serie A the last 12 years I've also adopted a passion for Roma, but I love the Rossoblu.

13. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Vai Genoa, batta Doria!

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

What a war that game was!

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Serie A Week 4 - 23/9/07 (19.30 UK)[/FONT]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Sampdoria 0 - 0 Genoa[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Stadio Ferraris[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Antonio Cassano made his Sampdoria debut, but two teams terrified of losing this historic Derby della Lanterna cancelled each other out in an ill-tempered encounter.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The derby finally returned to the top flight after 12 years and the atmosphere at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris was electrifying. It meant everything to Genoa, who had scored only once so far this season, while Samp had the midweek 2-2 UEFA Cup draw with Aalborg on their minds, but Antonio Cassano was on the bench. Ivan Juric sat out a ban for the Grifone.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The last time this tie was played in Serie A was Sampdoria's 3-2 win on December 4, 1994, but Genoa had not won it since 1990. The first real chance came after 14 minutes when the defence only cleared as far as Claudio Bellucci, whose right-foot strike from the edge of the area was palmed out by Rubinho.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The referee took Bellucci and Marci Rossi aside for a talking to after they carried on an argument for several minutes around the field and the game was broken up with constant fouls.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Sergio Volpi drilled over from 25 metres, while Genoa had a penalty appeal for Luigi Sala's shirt-tug on Marco Borriello. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Sampdoria had a great chance on 34 minutes, as once again the Rossoblu clearance was ineffective and Gennaro Delvecchio smacked the volley from just inside the area that skimmed inches wide of the far post.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Moments later Genoa went close and Marco Di Vaio hit the back of the net with a splendid backheel, but the offside flag had already been raised.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]A fine Omar Milanetto volley from distance flashed across the face of goal just before half-time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Genoa needed to create more, so Coach Gian Piero Gasperini introduced Giuseppe Sculli and Julio Cesar Leon for Milanetto and the disappointing Marco Di Vaio.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]There was a scare for Samp as an accidental collision in the area left Mirko Pieri with a bloody nose and lip. It was a very hard-fought and tense game, as moments later Genoa midfielder Coppola also had to receive treatment for a cut behind his ear. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]On 65 minutes Angelo Palombo's through ball sent Bellucci clear and Rubinho bravely rushed out to pluck it off his feet. The Genoa goalkeeper got a shinpad in the face and medical staff urgently asked for a stretcher, as he seemed barely conscious. Bellucci could probably have avoided contact if he had jumped and was already on a yellow card, so that was an ugly incident in a very tense derby.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The medical staff was on the field more than the football, as Leon then got Montella's elbow in the face and lost a lot of blood. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]On 71 minutes Montella combined brilliantly with Bellucci inside the area and L'Aeroplanino was one-on-one, but substitute goalkeeper Alessio Scarpi held his ground and smothered the shot from point-blank range.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Leon recovered from that cut to fire a free kick well wide and over from a promising position.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Cassano recovered in record time from a thigh strain and made his Sampdoria debut for the final 15 minutes in place of Montella, but the ex-Roma veteran was visibly unhappy about the substitution. Cassano cut back for Zenoni, but Bellucci got in his way and the finish was over the bar. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Leon tried to score directly from the corner flag and Antonio Mirante did well to tip it over the bar. That was the first of several corner kicks that Leon used to terrify the Blucerchiati back line. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Luigi Sala soared above the rest and missed the free kick by inches. From the resulting corner kick two consecutive goalline clearances denied Delvecchio from point-blank range.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Sampdoria: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Mirante; Campagnaro, Sala, Gastaldello (Lucchini 79); Zenoni, Palombo, Volpi, Pieri (Ziegler 82); Delvecchio, Bellucci; Montella (Cassano 76)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Genoa: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Rubinho (Scarpi 67); Bega, Bovo, Lucarelli; Konko, Milanetto (Sculli 50), Coppola, Fabiano; Rossi, Di Vaio (Leon 56), Borriello[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Ref:[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Rosetti[/FONT]

15. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan

Wow, Cassano was great in the 15 minutes he played today. He had some nice touches, and made his creativity stand out. I want to see him in Grande form.

16. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Marco Rossi can't shut the f*u*c*k up! He's got a mouth of cow!

Why do Genoa and Napoli fans get along so much?

17. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  18. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  19. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  20. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  21. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  22. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  23. Neapolitan

Neapolitan New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    England

For all of you legendary Genoa fans out there!!

A friend of mine owns this Genoa website (http://www.noigenoani.net/forum/index.php) and they are creating an English section on the Forum tonight. Thought it’s a brilliant idea! Nobody talks enough about Genoa!

Ciao brothers

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Rumor has it that both sides are ok with the current arrangement and the co-ownerships regarding Vanden Borre and Papa Waigo will continue status quo.

25. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California