Genius begins great works; labour alone finishes them. Twente 2012-2013 Season

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Aug 17, 2012.

1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    And La Gazetta claims that Douglas is off to Lazio.

2. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    thats interesting with Rutten...what would be the reactions of the fans, would you (and the majority of the fans) forgive Rutten or he would be under lots of negativity and hatred if he would return ?

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

I forgive, but I don't forget. Personally I think he has too many skeletons in the closet over here. It's a risk both for him and Twente if he returns. I'll give him a second chance but I'd rather see someone without any previous connection to the club.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Anyway it's official: Twente reserves are playing in the Jupiler league (Dutch second division) next season, along with the Ajax and PSV reserves. These are the three best performing reserves teams over the past three years. For Twente this is a good thing. For the Jupiler league, I'm not so sure.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think there were any other teams that wanted to move up from the lower level

6. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    good to know that, good for the development of the players in the reserves for sure...btw any idea who will be the replacement for Patrick Kluivert as the reserve's new coach ?

also read Bajrami joined Panathinaikos, hope Twente got some small cash on him as well, as i believe he still has one or two years of contract left...

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

I've no idea who's taking over from Kluivert!

Bajrami's the first player in five years that we lost money on, apparently. Not to worry though, we still have a positive cash balance.

Rumours persist that Chadli is off to Juve for 12 million. That would be a massive profit for us...

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Sold him for the exact amount of money we bought him for, apparently.

9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Not according to the Twente forums..

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well if you do read those forums you'll conclude that there is a bit of a war raging at the moment between people who believe that the end is near for Twente and people who tell the former to shut up and simply look at the (public) books which state that we made over 30 million profit on transfers over the past five years.

The point being that the number of people who say we lost money on Janko are more likely to be wrong than the people who say we didn't.

11. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/182065/Janko-FC-Twente-voor-mij-tot-financiele-limiet.htm

http://www.fcporto.pt/Noticias/Futebol/noticiafutebol_futjankoassinatura_310112_66603.asp

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Come off it HHS. You know where to find fctwente.nl. Check bestuur, annual reports.

14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
  15. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I could not figure out what that 100% next to his name means.

Does it mean they fully paid the 3 million? Or they own 100% of his rights after that 3 million is paid?

The reason I ask is Portugese and Brazilian clubs have a habit of sharing ownership with private parties.

16. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Yeps, player rights.

17. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    so anything new regarding transfer speculations about Twente ? :)

18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Only that they decided to take a take a step back and not pay ridiculous transfers fees anymore like they did for Fer, Castaignos and Tadic.

Supposedly they're after Holla (ADO) and Mokhtar (PEC) right now.

ortevor repped this.
  19. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Looks like Chadli to join Vertonghen at Tottenham. That is a good move for him.

20. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    yeah, plenty interesting things going on around Enschede...hope Johan Neeskens will be back soon with some insider info and local updates, but from what i've read seems like Sonny Stevens is out with shoulder injury, and Twente are either after Remko Pasveer or Nick Marsman will be given second chance...
    also really interested what will be the situation with Dusan Tadič's knee...

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not sure what is going on at FC Twente it looks like they are retreating from the championship race with letting go so much quality.

22. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Castaignos purchase is arguably the worst transfer of last season.

23. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    now when Chadli has departed, it will be interesting indeed...if Tadic's injury will be serious, there will be definitely lack of quality and creativity...
    on the other hand, seems like with these losses young kids like Promes and Eghan will get their fair share of playing minutes next season...