General Transfer Thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone posted a French rumor at the German Transfermarkt website that has PSG and Lyon interested in Nelson Valdez.

However, the price mentioned is between 4M and 5M.

I have no idea if these rumors are remotely true.

However, if they are, we know we want Valdez gone. That's for sure.

But, I wouldn't want the club to take less than we paid for him.

I hope he scores for Paraguay a couple of times against Japan tomorrow.

Let's get more clubs interested and that price up!!! :D

2. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    santa does exist!!!! .. i knew it!!!! and ive been good this year

its early but good things come to those who have wished years for it:p:cool:

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Speaking of "Santa", there's another stupid rumor out there which claims we're interested in Roque SANTA Cruz! LOL!!

I think someone should tell the English media that we don't have that kind of money anymore........

4. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I know he has been hurt a lot but I really must have missed when he had his good days.

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He had two good seasons at Blackburn.

Other than that, he was largely a disappointment.

6. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    and i bet he wouldnt be coming in return without man city wanting some one in the deal plus cash to bvb .....

subo/barrios plus cash for the wrong santa?
    they never do anything kindly

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, it is just a rumor.

It said BVB has interest in Santa Cruz. Not that Man Shitty wants to make a deal involving Santa Cruz.

The reported BVB interest has to be bullshit because Zorc made it clear that as far as acquiring players, we are done.

Zorc made it clear they are open to good offers for certain players, but as far as buying players, BVB IS DONE.

Man Shitty hasn't been rumored to be interested in Subotic for a long time. It is Manchester United who has been reported to be interested in Subotic.

Man U. has also been linked with Denmark and Palermo's Simon Kjaer. But any real interest they might in Subotic or Kjaer will depend on whether Vidic bolts for Real Madrid.

Man Shitty has been rumored to be interested in Barrios. But that was just bullshit speculation when Barrios was banging in the goals for Paraguay during World Cup tune-ups.

If Man Shitty were to offer us money and Santa Cruz for Barrios, then I think BVB would have to consider it.

Depending on how much the money part would be........

8. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    got my players mixed up :)

with how hes playing and if it continues and considering bvbs financial playing field .. it doesnt seem that bvb will be able to hold on to lucas for longer than 2/3 seasons

cant say i know much abt kjaer ... whos the better of he and subo?

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Barrios had a good first season. Let's see him do it again before we make him the next great star.

Luca Toni had a great first season for Bayern, yet, two seasons later, Bayern is getting rid of him for nothing.

Really. Let's just wait.

I'd say Kjaer is the slightly better player at the moment, but I think Subotic has more potential to get better.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BVB Striker Nelson Valdez – Club Future Probably Not In The German Bundesliga

Borussia Dortmund striker and Paraguayan World Cup participant Nelson Valdez, who is looking for a new club, has made it known that he is not partial to remaining in the German Bundesliga.

Valdez said of a potential new club for next season, “One never knows (where one can wind up). I just want to enjoy the World Cup and afterwards we will settle my future. I have heard there are many offers. We will see what they are. Before the tournament, Valdez identified it as a “huge chance” to prove himself.

After Borussia Dortmund’s acquisition of Polish goal-scoring king Robert Lewandowski form Lech Poznan, things would become harder at Borussia Dortmund for Valdez. The ex-Werder Bremen striker, who joined BVB in 2006 for 4.7 million Euros, has a valid contract at BVB through the 2011-2012 season. It is rumored that Borussia Dortmund wants at least a 3M Euro transfer fee for Valdez.

My Comments: BVB should try to get at least 5M for him. I think Zorc will be patient and like me, hope like hell that Valdez has a great match against the Spanish this coming weekend.

11. orng

orng Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I find that hard to believe.

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Me too. Maybe he's talking about the media rumors instead of actual calls to his own agent or Michael Zorc.

13. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    fantasy football manager ? :D

i find even on that clubs want to buy him :)

... what are the likelyhood of the pantelic rumours being legitimate rumours?

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What Pantelic rumors?? That silly Dutch report which said he talked to us?

Not true.

I've said in different places over and over again, Michael Zorc has made it pretty clear that unless a player the caliber of Barrios or Subotic leaves, BVB is done bringing in players through the transfer market.

There will not be another replacement if Valdez leaves.

Lewandowski is Valdez's replacement.

This is why BVB is looking to sell Valdez. Valdez has already been replaced.

Our strikers will be Barrios, Lewandowski, Zidan and Rangelov.

Young players LeTallec, Stiepermann and Ginczek will stand ready to fill in.

Unless Barrios leaves, there will not be any Roque Santa Cruz in Dortmund.

Unless Barrios leaves, there will not be any Marko Pantelic in Dortmund.

I believe even if Barrios leaves, there won't be any Marko Pantelic in Dortmund because he isn't Klopp's type of player.

That's why there is no more Alexander Frei and Mladen Petric in Dortmund either.........

15. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    i forgot abt rangelov .. his job will be what klimowicz was ..sub striker ?

speaking of the goal machine theres now rumored interest from loko moscow for him ... emphasis on the rumor .. though on some loko fans i know seem quite "excited" by him ..not sure if they were drunk .. but still just gossip so far non the less ..

russian football seems to be throwing money at anyone with an exotic sounding name these days ..
    either way the more interested parties the higher the price zorc can ask for

what league would you say he is best suited to ?

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Kicker picked up on the Lok Moscow interest. That's probably where Goal got it from.

I think Valdez would actually be best in the Premiership.

17. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky insists he has not received an approach from any clubs in Germany.

The 29-year-old has been linked with Borussia Dortmund, Hamburg and Cologne amid uncertainty as to whether he remains in the plans of Arsene Wenger.

Rosicky has struggled with injuries since joining Arsenal from Dortmund in 2006 to cast his future into further doubt.

But the Czech Republic international insists he is focusing on the Gunners, telling Sport.cz when asked about the reports linking him with a move to Germany: "I have noticed that, but I don't know anything about it.

"I am only interested in the pre-season schedule with Arsenal."

Rosicky's agent, Pavel Paska, has confirmed that there are interested parties following his client.

He said: "There has been interest in Tomas, but his priority remains with Arsenal."

as much as i want to see him back in BVB, still think its a bullshit

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think the speculation about interest coming from BVB and 1. FC Köln is definitely bullshit. Neither club can afford Rosicky.

Also, BVB would not have bought Kagawa if we were going to just turn around and go after Rosicky.

Too many reporters just like to throw names into their stories instead of checking to see if what they are saying could even be remotely true.

That being said, I wouldn't doubt that HSV is interested in Rosicky. And their management would be just stupid enough to pay big money for him.

19. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    didnt know where to stick this, i didnt want to create a separate thread .. but out of all the newbies come in.. who do you think will not so much have the biggest impact (as maybe that will come from an existing player) but over a season prove to have been the "better" buy/addition .. i think it may prove to be piszczek ... maybe ill be told wrong but he was one of a few redeemable players in last seasons hertha team and as safe as owo and kuba have been in terms of first team .. he can play in either position and could usurp? potentially kick one of them to the bench given a chance :) .. but thats just my thoughts ... whats everyone elses?

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Something like this usually goes in the General Discussion Thread.

However, since Piszczek is a recent signing, this thread is cool too. :)

And your thoughts echo mine. I hope Piszczek can push both Owo and Kuba to be better or he can overtake one of them.

Another good thing about Piszczek is that he came up as a striker and is certain he can play there too if need be. He can also play left back in an emergency.

I really like that we signed this kid.

I also cannot wait to see if Kagawa can push Hajnal out of the starting central midfield position.

We will not have to wait much longer. The team starts training for the new season tomorrow (4 July).

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's something else that should probably go in the "General Discussion Thread", but I think more people are following this thread.

It is a translation of a "Bild" article I did on new Aussie keeper Mitchell Langerak.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Because he wants to be number one.......

Langerak Working Long Hours

[​IMG]

He's been in Dortmund for ten days, but hasn't had a moment to be homesick.

Because he wants to be a number one, Langerak is working long hours!

Borussia Dortmund's official training start is at 3PM CET tomorrow (July 4th), but Borussia's new 21-year old keeper Mitchell Langerak has been doing some special training for days now.

Langerak has been working with Dortmund goal-keeping coach Wolfgang (Teddy) deBeer for at least an hour each day. Langerak does this because he has lofty goals. First, he wants to learn as much as he can behind current Dortmund #1 29-year old Roman Weidenfeller. Then, Langerak wants to use this experience to become Australia's international #1 in the foreseeable future.

Borussia Dortmund general manager Michael Zorc said of Langerak: "Mitchell embodies the modern goalkeeper. Despite his age, he nearly made the (Australian) World Cup team. We want to further develop his abilities."

Langerak is eager to learn, but also away from his parents and family for the first time. However, this has not been a problem. Langerak says: "Dortmund is super. It has a lot of sun. I don't have any homesickness. I've only called home once."

He is also becoming well familiar with the new official Bundesliga game ball, the "Torfabrik."

The "Torfabrik" is only different from the controversial World Cup ball "Jabulani" by outside design.

Langerak said of the "plastic" ball: "On hard shots, it seems to have a rather straight flight path. On "softer" hit shots, it tends to flutter a bit. But I am not afraid of it."

He also doesn't have any fear of the Bundesliga.........

22. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would love it if he made it. The profile of german football down under would be raised more. Especially in new zealand they need it, because, wynton rufer at bremen in the 80s has been wiped dry from their memories.

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Would have been awesome if Haedo-Valdéz had scored today vs. Spain: "interested" teams would have thought he was good. Bummer. :(