General Transfer Thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're over 500 messages on the first thread. We still have over a week to go, so let's start this new one!!

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 2008/2009 Summer Transfer Thread II [R]

They all say that.

Actually, they aren't that close. That was covered during Euro 2008. People just assume they are because they are both "Croatian." Remember, Petric grew up in freakin' Switzerland, not Croatia.

Bullshit! HSV is in the UEFA Cup right along with us!

See here man......

Petric was talking about HSV's potential to make the CL being better than ours. That's all.

I agree with that, but somehow I doubt it was Zorc's decision to make this deal. Remember, signing Petric was one of the reasons they used when justifying Zorc keeping his job.

No. I think Watzke approved this one with Klopp's support. Klopp is known to not keep players who don't want to be on his teams.

Again, I don't agree with you. Zorc has never had the authority to make such a call on his own. He didn't do anything without Meier telling him to before and I'm certain he doesn't do anything now without Watzke telling him to.

I agree with you on Zorc being a f#cking idiot, but I believe he's an idiot who just does as he's told.

As I told you during our "fight" on the list, I think you're blaming the wrong people here.

Petric "double-talked" during that interview. He wanted to go. That was clear. He just tried to put some of the "blame" on BVB so fans wouldn't hate him.

That is one of the things I really like about Mladen Petric. He does care what the fans think.

I don't blame him at all for wanting to go to HSV. Not one bit.

I know how STUPID BVB management can be Wandi, but even they aren't so stupid as to look to give their best signing from a season before to HSV.

It doesn't make sense even for them.

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There has been nothing official from BVB except the fact they are looking for cover.

I like Pinola and he was the first name on a list of alternatives I posted to our e-mail list on Saturday evening.

However, Pinola would be more of a permanent replacement for Dede and I truly doubt FCN would sell him for less than 5M Euros.

I don't think BVB wants to spend that much as rumors say they are also interested in finding a midfielder to play on the left side.

I'm certain they will buy someone, but I don't think it will be someone with a "big name" or who costs a lot. I don't think they are looking to replace Dede just yet.......

4. BVB Previ

BVB Previ Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Malta
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Sorry to ask here :p

How can I be part of this 'e-mail list', since im still new in these forums hehe

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

PM me with an e-mail address you would like to use for the list and I'll send you an invite.

6. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany

How can I be part of this list? *takes cover

7. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

the stupidest change they made in the recent upgrades has to be how you can't subscribe anymore without posting!

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You can subscribe to a thread without posting. I've done it quite a bit. Go to the thread's first page and use the drop arrow next to "Thread Tools". The third choice in the drop box is "Subscribe to this thread."

That's how you can subscribe to any thread without posting first.

What I didn't know until recently is that you can set your subscriptions to not send you e-mail notifications.

I felt dumb that it took me so long to figure that one out! LOL!! ;)

9. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

OH, I see...thanks for that...

LOL, I actually figured that one out as soon as I joined. VERY annoying if you dont...

10. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany

Watzke officially declared that they will buy a new player who will be a Dede replacement till he is fit again. If I am Marcel Schmelzer I'd be pissed , as BVB got Schmelzer as Dede backup befor the season , but imho Klopp and Co. feel Schmelzer can replace Dede only for short time

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And they are right. I wouldn't want to play more than a match with Schmelzer at left back.

This is something I'm writing to the list about. A few of us on the list have been calling for BVB to get a "real backup" for Dede four nearly four years now.

Dede gets hurt or suspended every freakin' season and we have to scramble to field a backup for him.

You'd think they would learn, but they never do.

Here is the article with Watzke's comments in English at the Official BVB Website.

12. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia

We are interested in Hamburg's Atouba, Pinola, Huzsti and young striker Tomas Necid.

Necid comes from Chech republic, he's tall about 1,90m. Are they looking for new Koller or what? XD

13. BVB Previ

BVB Previ Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Malta
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Read in an italian website that BVB want the czech young defender Michel Kadlec, but it seems half europe are after this young talent's sign lol. He plays for Sparta Praga

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There were rumors, but if they were true, it seems BVB management didn't move fast enough again.

Why??

Kadlec just moved to Leverkusen on loan.

Story in German here.

He's loaned to them for this season and Leverkusen will have an option to buy him at the end of the season.

Man, I'm getting old. I used watch his father play at Kaiserslautern!!! :D

15. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany

Wrong .. simply wrong .-.. Bayer Leverkusen just bought Kadlec

16. BVB Previ

BVB Previ Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Malta
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

when did they buy him? Here it says that dortmund HSV and leverkusen are interested for this guy and this news was posted @ 19.08.2008 14.50, so i suppose they just bought him like 2 hrs ago or something :p

edit: yepp it seems that leverkusen took kadlec for a 1-year loan deal with an option to buy him after the loan

17. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany

ahh ok they loaned him, what I Meant was they have him

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, every rumor you read isn't true. I doubt they are truly interested in Atouba. Atouba doesn't fit Zorc's "nice guy" policy.

We might be a bit interested in Pinola, but as I told you on the list, he will be very expensive (probably around 5M) and I doubt FCN wants to sell him. Not only is he one of their best players, he's one of their most popular players too.

Huzsti would be to solve the problem you discussed in left midfield. The problem is, Hannover 96 is known to want 5M for him. They might lower that price a bit as the transfer window comes closer to closing because his contract is up after this season too.

I like him a lot. Just as fast as Kuba, but more talented. If we can get H96 down to about 3-3.5M, I'd do that.

I heard "noise" about Necid last week. But what are you talking about "are we looking for the next Koller or what?"

1.90 isn't that freakin' tall. Well, at least not to me. I'm about 1.85 myself.

1.90 is about 6ft 2in. My 18 year old is taller than that and Koller is freakin' 6ft, 6in tall.

Necid is right around Klimowicz' height. Klimo is 1.91

However, I do think it could be a height thing as now that we've let Petric go to HSV, all of our strikers besides Klimowicz are f#cking midgets!

After Klimo, Frei is the next tallest striker at 1.78 or 5ft 8in.

That and Necid could be seen as Klimo's possible replacement as Klimo's contract is up at the end of this season.

Again, I'm not saying any of these rumors are true. I just spelled out how they could be true or in the case of Atouba, not true.

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You guys must have been sending all of that right when I sent the news of the loan. LOL!! :D

20. BVB Previ

BVB Previ Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Malta
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

yepp seems you are faster than us to deliver news in these forums hehe :D

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nah. I just got lucky there man! :D

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm guessing this will be it. Our team is complete, like it or not.

thread closed

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What do you mean??

There's still a good chance a Dede "stand-in" will be signed.

24. krt88

krt88 New Member

Jul 19, 2007

Where is the best web site to get Bundeliga news in english?

thanks

25. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

This one ;)