General Tailgate Question

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Rod1916, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    This question is on the edge of a Rapids discussion, but I figured someone here may know the answer.

I was thinking about doing some tailgating this year, my sister's family has purchased season tickets and we really love our BBQ time.

Looking at the official DSP rules, it states no open flame or alcohol. Is that really the case? We were hoping to bring along our igloo keg cooler and grill up some burgers/dogs. According to the official rules, neither seems to be allowed.

thanks,

rod.

2. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Others know more about DSG rules then me, but you could join up with the supporters group tailgate which has beer, various bbq food, etc.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. Everyone is welcome.

4. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rod, I have no clue of rules but you will see plenty of grills in the lot...

Have to say the SG tailgate is great and chance to meet Jason maxwell and most of us in person!

Jason was one of the first people I met a few years ago.

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I didn't scare you off? :D

6. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids

I appreciate the invites to the SG tailgate. As I said, we have been meaning to drop by there. Just have a real fondness for the corny kegs we would bring with us, although I am sure we could be swayed to keep them at home and drink the SG beer. ;)

On a somewhat related note, does the beer run out at the SG tailgate by a certain time? ;)

rod.

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It rarely all runs out but the line can get pretty long in the last 30 minutes or so. (Tailgate starts shutting down about 30 minutes before kickoff, so that period between 1 hour and 30 minutes before kickoff is very busy.)

8. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    steve have we met yet? hahaha