General questions about Austrian soccer

Discussion in 'Austria & Switzerland' started by Dave141, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Dave141

Dave141 Member

Jun 9, 2003
    Washington, NJ
    I am a big fan of the Austrian leagues because they are: 1) the first of the big European leagues to start in the summer, 2) the league web site is outstanding and enables one to view goal highlights on line, 3) the small number of teams makes it easier to stay on top of what is going on, and 4) the competition is generally wide-open and close throughout the season.

However, my German is not so good so I figured I would ask my questions here rather than try to hunt for the answers.

1) Has there been any announcement/discussion as to when the Austrian leagues will start this summer? I know they usually begin in mid-July, and I don’t believe the timing of Euro 2004 should impact that, but has anything been stated publicly? I am trying to plan my summer and I would love to be home during the opening week if at all possible.

2) What media/newspaper sites have the best coverage, news, and statistics? Are there any other video clips of matches on the web sites of local TV stations (i.e., in addition to the goal videos at Bundesliga.at)?

Many thanks,

2. GreenWhiteMarkus

GreenWhiteMarkus New Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Vienna
    hy

1) the league after a world cup or europan cup start a little bit later... the probem is the austrian winter... we have many troubles with the date´s...

2) go to www.sport1.at, it´s the best or on www.austriansoccerboard.com you can asking on english, many of the user can speak your language...