General question on Terms of Service

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Brodo, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
    On other forums there are "Terms of Service" (ToS) which detail acceptable behaviour whist posting. Does Big Soccer have such a thing? If so can someone provide a link.

I'm particularly interested in the level of acceptable swearing and the acceptable level of racism that is allowed.

Thank you.

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Hmm...

TOS here

3. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    its ***'ed out so meh whatever

There is no such thing as an acceptable level of racism. Anywhere. Ever.

4. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I doubt you do, but if there is a specific instance of either that you feel is either over the top, or in the case of racism, anywhere on the site - please let one of the Mods know and it will be removed straight away.

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Except if it's endlessly bashing the Southern, white male. We're apparently the last group on the planet that it's OK to make fun of. Oh, and fat people, which leaves me really screwed as a somewhat large Southern white male.

So heap the abuse upon me. :D

6. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No abuse here, I am a brethern! :D

7. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Maybe it's just me but I don't consider Texas to be part of the south. IMO the south consists of the Atlantic states below Maryland and those immediately next to them like Alabama and Tennessee. Texas is so damn big and - in my experience- different from that area I see it as it's own region.

Oh, and when I called you a fat-head it had nothing to do with your corpulescence. :D

8. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence

Agreed wholeheartedly but I'd like to point out that different people/cultures have different views of what constitutes racism.

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Texas is like a whole other country (as the saying goes). But still be careful with not calling Texas southern. Some might take offense, sir ;) We're a different kind of southern from those you consider southern.

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread, there is never any room here or anywhere for racism. Lets keep up the good footie banter though!

10. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Well, we're not "Southern" per se, but we do get lumped in with "The South" because, let's face it, we sort of signed up for that whole Civil War thing (which, I believe, goes back to the fact that most Texans will use any excuse at all to use their guns).

And I take no offense to being called a "fat-head", thanks. ;)

11. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife is from El Paso and she gets ticked if somebody call Texas a "southern state". Then she goes on to tell me how different west texas is from east texas but to me you are all cowboy hat wearing hicks. ;) Dang I forgot to swear and add racism. I'll try harder in the future.

12. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    :)

13. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

I recommend the old 97's version of "El Paso"~ absolute quality (Better than the dead's), but i digress.... east texas is totally opposite of west texas....
    and I have never worn or owned a cowboy hat in my life~ more like a padagonia shirt, cargo shorts, and birkenstocks~

14. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phishy you damned hippy! :D

South Texas is different as well. No cowboy hats down here for me either. There are a number here otherwise (close to the King Ranch). It's t-shirts, boardshorts, and flip-flops for me. But I still BBQ, eat chicken-fried steak, like to shoot shotguns, and say "fixin".

15. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    .. and i am still wearing my birks here in England... you'd think people here have never seen someone in socks and sandles before... bloody cold!!!!!!!!! lol

16. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With those Birks on, beware of the Doc Martens :D

17. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    No, they've seen them. They just can't believe (like everyone here at home) that anyone would actually wear socks and sandals except old guys in Florida. :D

18. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

I was staying quiet as I had no idea what you lot were on about. Sandels with socks?!!!!! Er Phishy, ummm - those tickets have suddenly gone, all of them, all season, every season, for every game....... :D

19. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    CHEAP SHOT!!!!! bigtime cheap shot rick~ ;)

20. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    sometimes its all about comfort boys!!! get w/the programme!

21. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

LOL, yeah - but jeez Phishy, i know your music taste, your football taste and from the pics, your women taste is good. I guess somewhere along the line the fashion had to be at risk....... :p

22. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    lol.. always a bit dodgy~ :D

23. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember the first time I visited El Paso. I got in my wife's mother's car and we drove across the desert towards her house. A tumbleweed rolled across the road and I thought I'd fallen into some cowboy and indians movie. The I went out to walk to the corner store and got caught in a sand storm and covered in dirt. Before I could get out of there, the mountains that divide the city caught on fire covering the entire city with smoke for 3 days. Let's just say that it was with some relief that I headed to Philly.

24. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Thread closed as question has been answered and thread went skew wiff.....
    Oh, hold on - I am I able to say that? It might offend smelly people.........