**General News Thread**

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Java65, Sep 25, 2015.

1. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You forget another sort of Roma supporters:

The Pallotta/ Mongo dickhead: aka the wannabe German fan.

Still gets a fuzzy feeling when talking about Pallotta and Mongo. Believes selling Salah and Becker was great business. In love with the worlds best coach Zeman. Thinks the current squad is world class and Pelleshit will be better then Totti. Also hates Lord Nelson.

2. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No one takes you seriously when you're being coached by a joke.

LordNelson repped this.
  4. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    A real Zeman lover doesn't think that Pellegrini will be better than Totti.

DOctore13, Andreas and LordNelson repped this.
  5. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    #2205 Salmeen10, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    Kumbulla injured his knee, his season is likely over.

6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    of course he did, wouldn't be a Roma player without an injured knee

7. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  8. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  9. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My body is ready for some more Fazio.

10. Feen Okio

Feen Okio Red Card

AS Roma
    United States
    Apr 3, 2021
    When they have covid protection camps, like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He'll be on the first train.

11. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020

whill4 repped this.
  12. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
  13. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They've spelled Moronchi incorrectly. Amateurs.

LordNelson and decola repped this.
  14. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    Nabolidaboli repped this.
  15. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Does anyone believe a word of this? So he wanted to keep Salah and Alisson, and he was the one pushing for Zaniolo? Yeah right:ROFLMAO:

He expects us to believe every good decision made at Roma under his tenure was his request and every bad decision was someone else? Monchi was a disaster but this scapegoating is just ridiculous

shiboboo and ErPupone repped this.
  16. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    You don’t believe any of it after Mongo rejected Ziyech for Pastore on double the wages. Pastore has played 1100 minutes in 3 seasons and 0 minutes this year.

Java65 and LordNelson repped this.
  17. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salah I can believe just because we were forced to sell to Liverpool because of the FFP deadline.

Oban14 and Haakon24 repped this.
  18. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    You don’t think Pallotta was the main driver behind selling our best players every season? It is easy to blame everything on Monchi because he made tons of terrible decisions and the fans already hate him, Pallotta’s story is too convenient.

La Magica repped this.
  19. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm not sure any team can do well without a proper leader on the pitch. Hanging your coat on Pellegrini in this regard is laughable. A player who will never be anything other than a semi decent footballer, at best. Before that, a lamp post up top who turns up once every 5 games or so.

Roma would do well to find a leader first and foremost. The only player in the current squad that I can think of, who potentially has leadership qualities, is Mancini.

20. Feen Okio

Feen Okio Red Card

AS Roma
    United States
    Apr 3, 2021
    Well that's what happens when you have zero dollabillz.

21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to guess you didn't read the article. He didn't blame the Monchi for selling Salah and Alisson. He said he didn't want to sell them but he didn't have a choice because they were on to bigger things and he had an agreement to balance the books because of FFP.

This is his quote about Salah, “Salah was a wonderful kid that I hated to lose,” Pallotta said. “I loved him. I didn’t want to sell him. But I had no choice. Salah was going to go no matter what because he had something to prove.”

He also didn't take credit for Zaniolo he said Monchi hadn't heard of him and it was Baldini who insisted on Zaniolo. Monchi himself said he hadn't heard of Zaniolo until they started the negotiations.

Pallotta's complaint about Monchi had nothing to do with selling Salah and Alisson because they were going to go regardless of what JP or Monchi did. His complaint was that Monchi wouldn't listen to anybody else. They would go to Monchi with data from their analytics and Monchi wouldn't listen to them at all according the JP.

shiboboo and Villar14 repped this.
  22. Feen Okio

Feen Okio Red Card

AS Roma
    United States
    Apr 3, 2021
    I read in the new DSM-IV that haakon is a newly acknowledge technical term for Amentia.

Good news is that while it's etiology is unknown, it can be treated with new mRNA technology.

[​IMG]

23. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    r0adrunner, shiboboo and ErPupone repped this.
  24. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The article is Jimmy painting his best picture. He ultimately created a structure with two many voices. If you hire someone to buy players and build a team then correct, I dont want to see other people suggesting this guy or that guy. You pay the man to do that job using his methods. This makes things clear and people accountable.

Mongo royalty fcuked up that much is clear but its also clear how Roma was structured with two many people chipping in comes from the structure and that clearly caused problems. That is on Jimmy and its something he is trying to ignore and still people will by the lies out of his mouth. You guys still falling for a fast talking salesman. smh.

Haakon24 repped this.
  25. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well, this sub-forum is well-known for falling for fast-talking salesmen every other week, so nothing surprising there.

The last two competent people to manage Roma by adding value with their efforts were Sabatini and Rudi Garcia. Everyone ever since has been at best a stop gap solution with no potential, and at worst a guy like Moronchi, Petrachi and Fonseca, who don't have two brain cells between them to make a spark.

LordNelson repped this.