General Manager's Shortlist:

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by He's In Fashion, Nov 9, 2003.

1. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire it up...

2. p_westerberg

p_westerberg New Member

Nov 4, 2003
    St. Paul, MN
  3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapidman

4. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
  5. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Check Colorado's season attendance figures and then apologize for this silly thread. Being a GM is all about putting butts in the seats and you already have the best one at doing that.

6. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terp Fan, I think they are missing your sorry a$$ on the United board...

I believe there are plenty of Rapids season ticket holders like myself, who aren't pleased with our television schedules, our Head Coach, and a lengthy run of shi-t-ty playoff games or none at all...

7. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: General Manager's Shortlist:

Clearly you have been fooled by the conjurer's magic.

Colorado's attendance is bouyed by a single game held annually on the 4th of July. Patrons attend for the fireworks not for the Rapids. The 60,000 in the stands on that day raises the average attendance by 4000 per match.

Being a GM is a lot more than a fireworks display. Counce has failed miserably!!! The fans and the players deserve more. With some luck the new owner will see through the smoke and mirrors.

8. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, now that the 4th of July game has become a tradition, I don't think we are going to need someone to reinvent the wheel on that idea. Counce has done his job (building a fan base) now we need a general manager, someone who will bring Colorado to the next level, a championship caliber team that can create a real buzz that will inspire more people to watch the Rapids in the stadium week-in and week-out.

9. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Sorry, but Michael Hitchcock is the reason that the Rapids have had a good attendance record over the last few years, not Counce.

Oh, and Hitchcock's last day was Friday. The rats are leaving the ship but not the rats we want to.

Bye Tim and Dan. Wish I could say it was fun.

10. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't aware of that one, and it's good to know. Hopefully, Kroenke will be a good hands-on owner, knowing what to change, entrusting the soccer decisions to the right people and finding the best people out there to create a championship team and a championship atmosphere in Denver. It can be done.

I'm thinking the over/under for Hanki's and Counce's departure begins after the MLS Cup and ends around February. If they don't make any changes during that time, they aren't going to. But if I were Kroenke, I would have already been interviewing candidates for the GM's job, at least.

11. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Pierre LaCroix

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Malaga, classic post. It does appear that we need to reach that next level.

As a side note to general browsers: The wording of the post referred to the line that was given to the previous coach, Glenn "Mooch" Myernick. What goes around, comes around.