General Eredivisie Thread 2014-2015

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I haven't seen all of PSV's games, but from the ones I have seen and the highlights it seems that Luuk de Jong is playing quite well there. Is there any reason that it seems most people don't think he's that good? Just because of his flop time in England/Germany? He's still young.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @Frysk_Bloed - His brother is better.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Concering Feyenoord I think that the golden combination is one of El Ahmadi being connected to Clasie. When those 2 make up the midfield configuration you have a ticking hart you can build the rest of the team around. It clicks between those 2 and they bring the team alive.

From that, you have to choose between Immers, Toornstra or Vilhena on 10 or continue using Toornstra in the same role as Ajax use Schöne and put him on the right wing. I think that is a pity for Boëtius. Manu can play from the left and Boëtius can play from the right. Kazim as striker, who is a better footballer than te Vrede. Immers is a tool in my book, so play Toornstra and when he is tired or in bad form, put in Vilhena.

I liked Feyenoord today. It also looks like the Kongolo & van Beek partnership at the back has lifted off. Goof stuff.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sinkgraven 1-0.

Superb first touch and superb finish

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Excellent performance by Sinkgraven, really controlling the flow the midfield. Go Heerenveen!!

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So much for Sinkgraven NOT scoring goals. He's banged in 2 goals in 7 matches already

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Three teams on 15 points; this season is going to be exciting!!!

8. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It is just me or Sinkgraven is the best Eredidivisie midfielder, maybe the best all around midfielder we have at the moment?
    Toughts?

9. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It is just me or Sinkgraven is the best Eredidivisie midfielder, maybe the best all around midfielder we have at the moment?
    Toughts?

10. ivymew

ivymew New Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How is Ziyech doing recenlty?

11. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also very good. But the Ziyech hype has cooled down a bit because of Sinkgraven.

12. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Daley today against PSV: 9 tackles according to Whoscored, WTF?? That a LOT of tackles for a more attacking minded player isnt?

13. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Daley today against PSV: 9 tackles according to Whoscored, WTF?? That a LOT of tackles for a more attacking minded player isnt?

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I watched the whole game and it was not all roses. The red card for Heerenveen was a direct result of a stupid free kick from Sinkgraven. He also was in a duel and when he lost he did not chase the guy, but gave up. Small bad sign. When Heerenveen played with 10 men he held his own and did what is expected in such a situation, but he misses the speed to bridge big spaces, which is of course also the reason why he is better in center than on the wing. His corner(s) were not optimal and he misses a deadly weapon like a good distance shot. That is something Ziyech does have.

For me there are next level problems concerning the talents we watch.

• Hendrix lacks handling speed, but has distribution quality's.
    • Ziyech lacks handling speed, has distribution quality's, a good distance shot but needs more fuel in his tank. Faded second half.
    • Sinkgraven has handling speed, but misses a dangerous distance shot in his repertoire.

Sneijder had/has both. Handling speed and a good distance shot. The next Dutch 10 (not talking about Hendrix now of course), needs both as well.

Sinkgraven has a bit more bite than Ziyech. I think he could play in the Ajax system of half midfielders. Intersting to see who will go for him. Ajax or PSV. If Wijnaldum and Depay leave next season, I can not imagine PSV letting him go to Ajax, since Ajax will not spend big on him.

gabriel_guilarte repped this.
  15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ayoub remains a fun payer to watch. Was sloppy at times, but battles and scored a blooter as well. He should really leave Utrecht at the end of this season. They kind of not deserve him. I think Feyenoord might go for him if Clasie leaves.

The second goal from Twente showed once again how slow he is. That is such a pity.

16. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Thanks for the warning, you are right, I think the only think missing in the game from sinkgraven is a good fierce long distant shot, maybe he could learn how to do it? I like the Ziyech - Sinkgraven comparison, I think another point to keep in mind is that sinkgraven seems to be better in small spaces than Ziyech.
    Maybe we could add to the AMF prospects the resurrected maher???
    Lets hope that these three player will be in the future good replacements of Sneijder and Vaart.
    Cheers and Thanks for the reply

DRB300 repped this.
  17. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ayoub is finally starting to develop after all those injuries. I think he will soon surpass Vilhena development wise. I saw an interview with him and he seems confident and contend with his development.. I don't see a bit of the little kid who bullied his team mate at the Ajax academy.

I hope he stays grounded like this, he can go a long way.

18. ivymew

ivymew New Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think Sinkgraven has expressed his wish earlier (before he actually began to show his talent) that he would like to join Ajax. I would like to see more of Maher playing the AMF position after Wijnaldum leaves.

19. ivymew

ivymew New Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
  20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #171 DRB300, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    I just don't know how strong that desire is when big money is thrown at him. Also Heerenveen has a say in this:

[​IMG]

Not only 2 more years under contract at the end of this season, I think that last line, "club option", might mean they can extend for another 2 years if they are satisfied about the player. Heerenveen stands very strong and when PSV comes with a bigger offer than Ajax, I can imagine Heerenveen not just letting him go to Ajax as he happens to like that club better.

Also, at Ajax they "have" a Sinkgraven in Andersen and behind that Nouri. Serero is still there. The midfield configuration of Ajax might be categorized as the "controller, passer, runner" system. Though Serero is actually quite a dynamic runner and not such a brilliant passer if the pass has to be delivered over longer distances. So what I am saying is that the other half midfielder is not so much selected for his refined skills and the quality of his weighted passes, but on his ability to perform many high intensity runs per time unit and battle power (both duels and off ball chasing). In short, another Klaassen and that will will be dead on van de Beek for me. I might be wrong, but I think it will.

So if they also purchase Sinkgraven it will be crowded for possibly 1 spot, while the development of Ajax greatest upcoming talent, Nouri, could be frustrated and their whole aim is to optimize the flow of academy players to the first team.

That being said, Frank might be gone at the end of this season and another coach might have different ideas about the right midfield configuration and ideal balance. More importantly, he might have different ideas about the proper way to play the game. Frank likes his safety possession at the back with limited involvement of his midfielders in build up. If the next coach is selected with the ideas of Cruyff in mind (early pass to midfield who do the build up), then that demands midfielders with high footballing ceiling and more Sinkgraven like players are needed on the field and off the field that can step in and keep the same kind of game ticking in case of midfield injuries/suspensions.

All in all it is possible he will indeed end up at Ajax, but there are more things in play here that can spoil his desired move.

Cheers

21. Abhirup

Abhirup Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Kolkata
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    How good/bad was Maher today?

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He actually had 1 good free kick delivery and a good cross that was not acted on by his team mates. Maher lacks penetration, infiltrating runs into the opponent box, power, grit, or even will power for that matter. I might sound like a broken record, but since you asked I can not let it unmentioned. Heerenveen was all over PSV and if 1 player will not stand up in such a situation, it is little boy Maher. As long as his attacking output (assist, goals, key passes, though balls) does not reach higher volumes, people will stumble over his work ethic (especially the intensity of his work ethic) over and over again as that is then the thing to compensate one and other with. I saw some PSV fans actually liking him for this season and some claim he their best midfielder. Wanted to mention that for contrasting purposes. I don't see it. If I ask myself if I want him to perform in a do or die game like the one U21 will play against Portugal mid October, I gladly pass on him. Give me Ayoub on 8 instead of Maher. One that can play football ánd fights ánd scores a goal when his team needs it to get back in the game. Who stands up. Pushover Maher is not one of those.

I do think he is a bit better than last season though.

23. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Fifa15 stats being strange again

How can El Ghazi get 72 with playing 3 eredivisie games while Hendrix get 67 while having played much more ? Worst again, Viergever got only 71.

Other thing : Depay 91 in pace. Whaaaat ? They only put Robben, Lukoki and Narsingh above. All have 93. Elia got 91, like Depay. Afellay and Wijnaldum got 83. Labyad 78.

Is Depay faster than Afellay or Wijnaldum ? I doubt. He should be between 80 and 86 in my opinion, not more.

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I tried to tell this to somebody in a Youtube comment some time ago, but was not having it. Depay apparently was the next Usian Bolt. I just think that there is a whole new generation that rarely watches games anymore and get their knowledge from these fabricated games that are plenty of times based on false assumptions.

I also wonder if people factor in speed without ball and with ball. Perfect example from this weekend is Andersen from Ajax. Does not lose almost any speed when dribbling. Depay is not such a controlled dribbler like Andersen and loses speed over a certain distance for controlling the ball alone. When he has to arrive at a certain location in the field to connect with another player (a certain Depay goal vs Chile from a Robben cross comes to mind), then Depay is pretty fast. I still would not say that it is something I have never seen. Actually Depay has always been a player in my book missing the fifth gear of speed, just like Afellay and indeed Wijnaldum.

I think the margins between these players are small. It is not even correct to label them with a fixed number. Acceleration, top speed, keeping the speed steady over a certain distance, being able to control the ball while dribbling are all in play here as factors to consider. Maybe the game does that, I don't know.